PDA

View Full Version : Julius Thomas ripped off a 35 on the Wonderlic

robert ethan
05-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Pretty impressive for a receiver. Line him up with Decker, D. Thomas, and Gronkowski and that has to be the smartest set of receivers in the league. Easily.

BroncoStud
05-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Hall of Fame.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't know if you watched any clips of him, but his route running is awful. I know coaching can improve it, but he's not going to be in that spot for a while if at all. Keep in mind this is his second year of football. If this refers to a couple seasons from now, maybe. Hopefully D Thomas is smart enough to protect himself from injury this year.

robert ethan
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
The two tight ends they took are intriguing prospects. Virgil Green had better vertical and horizontal leaps than Vernon Davis. At about the same size. Thomas hadn't played football for 5 years and was named All Conference his first and only college season. I think they could both stick.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
05-02-2011, 11:05 PM
The two tight ends they took are intriguing prospects. Virgil Green had better vertical and horizontal leaps than Vernon Davis. At about the same size. Thomas hadn't played football for 5 years and was named All Conference his first and only college season. I think they could both stick.

I'll admit that Virgil Green put up some nasty numbers at TE. The second highest vertical leap EVER by a TE... However, really hoping he stays healthy so we might see that athletic ability transferred to the field.

Thomas was a freak athlete in the BIG SKY conference. It'd be more impressive if he'd had better competition.