PDA

View Full Version : Our CBs are on pace to get 3 INTs this season

lex
10-21-2008, 07:49 AM
OK, currently we have 2 INTs and one of them belongs to a DT. In any event, our CBs got their 1 INT on that controversial play in the SD game, which was the 2nd game of the season. With that in mind, we are on a pace to get 1 INT on the 2nd of every 7 games, which projects to getting our 3rd INT in the 16th game of the season.

When you step back and look at it, its frightening the records for defensive ineptness that we might set. I think I heard that we've only held one QB to under a 100 QB rating.

I somehow doubt this is what Shanahan had in mind when he gave Slowik control of the defense during the bye week a year ago.

I dont think Ive ever seen a defense this bad.

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 07:51 AM
It's plain embarrasing. We truly suck on defense and now the offense is giving the ball away and keeping them on the field.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Not a 'pass' by any stretch of the imagination, but that's generally a stat tied to how well a team pressure's a QB.

Defense put some heat on Cassell last night, but he still played well and the running game killed us...

lex
10-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Not a 'pass' by any stretch of the imagination, but that's generally a stat tied to how well a team pressure's a QB.

Defense put some heat on Cassell last night, but he still played well and the running game killed us...

Unless the coverage schemes undermine the blitzes.

Jerz
10-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I believe its time to get J-dub and Barrett some valuable playing time, It cant get any worse. I thought last year it couldnt get any worse but low and behold we are...I dont want to even invision what they will look like against Miami's wildcat formation because if we dont stay in our gaps they will break rushing records in 2 weeks

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 07:58 AM
At this point, it doesn't matter how much pressure we can generate on the QB...Slowik puts everybody else in the WRONG position.

There were maybe 3 or 4 plays last night that we had a guy in a position to make a play on the ball. And 2 of those times were Champ making a great play (where if he were in a position on the WR he would have make the pick rather than just knocking the ball down).

Slowik has no clue how to generate turnovers and that is supposed to be his MO. HE blitzes, but then puts our secondary in a deep zone which is why you see wide open underneath crossing patterns all day. Even if he is able to generate pressure, it is still too easy for a QB to see a wide open check down.

Check the games he was the DC in Green Bay vs. Indy and vs. Philly. It was identical to our scheme last night. Put 7 on the LOS, blitz them all, and put our secondary in a deep zone. Both of those games vs. Green Bay, the opposing QB threw for 5 TDs in a single half.

Slowik is an idiot.

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I believe its time to get J-dub and Barrett some valuable playing time, It cant get any worse. I thought last year it couldnt get any worse but low and behold we are...I dont want to even invision what they will look like against Miami's wildcat formation because if we dont stay in our gaps they will break rushing records in 2 weeks

"J-dub" played almost the entire second half and was practically invisible on the field thanks to Slowiks idiotic scheming.

Jerz
10-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Unless the coverage schemes undermine the blitzes.

Would you be speaking of blitzing 6 and dropping into a zone... Its crazy man you have IMO the best CB to ever play the game(his total game) only second to Deion in covering and the best tackling corner ever, WHY are you not blitzing and leaving Champ one on one and giving Toast safety help over the top.

Jerz
10-21-2008, 08:03 AM
"J-dub" played almost the entire second half and was practically invisible on the field thanks to Slowiks idiotic scheming.

Bcuz they ran and threw to Bly side all night