PDA

View Full Version : Quinton Carter

HORSEPOWER 56
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I know everyone wants to talk about Von Miller and DTs, but I just thought some of you might like a glimpse of one of our new rookies in action.

I LOVE HOW THIS GUY PLAYS SAFETY (he'll probably get a couple fines and penalties while he learns the NFL but it will be worth it). There's a lot of talk about Moore but this dude looks like the real deal...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHUhza1hUk

If he brings this to the NFL, I'll be buying his jersey really soon! :cool:

SOCALORADO.
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Many of us had Carter ahead of Moore.
I guess DEN has it SS and its FS of the future.
Come to think of it, McBath played CB as well as FS at TT
and i have no doubt he will be looked at to possibly play the
slot or "Big Nickel" in specific defensive packages.

Day1BroncoFan
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
I know everyone wants to talk about Von Miller and DTs, but I just thought some of you might like a glimpse of one of our new rookies in action.

I LOVE HOW THIS GUY PLAYS SAFETY (he'll probably get a couple fines and penalties while he learns the NFL but it will be worth it). There's a lot of talk about Moore but this dude looks like the real deal...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHUhza1hUk

If he brings this to the NFL, I'll be buying his jersey really soon! :cool:

Embeded for your enjoyment. :D

LvHUhza1hUk

G_Money
05-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I like Quinton better than Moore, but then I like my safeties to be run-support badasses, intimidators, and have good hands. Carter has all that, and he's pretty fast too. His combine numbers won't show it, but he can move. He's a long strider, so he's not gonna stick with guys on hard-cut routes but he takes good angles and has great anticipation.

A safety blitz from Moore is cute. From Carter it's a threat.

IMO he's gotta tackle lower in the pros - you see in that clip how high he goes on some guys, and pros don't tend to just fall down like some of the college kids will. But he wraps us as well as delivering the blow, so I like that about him. Pros are also faster, so hes' gonna need to adjust his angles, but I think he can do that.

I'd love for Carter to play strong safety for us. I don't want 2 extra cover corners playing FS and SS, I want someone who can bring the wood to any receiver silly enough to run a crossing route.

Moore can cover, Carter can kill. If they both work out, then having the best of both worlds would be terrific.

If only one works out...my money's on Carter. That doesn't make Moore chopped liver, and he has a great work ethic, but I can put any good cornerback at FS and get what Moore brings (in theory). It's harder to get good strong safeties, IMO - but even in a thin class it's not a bad thing to get the best FS and the best SS in the draft.

~G

G_Money
05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
He also needs to not get thrown out of practice for killing his own guys, as happened more than once in college. ;) Save it for sunday, big guy...

~G

GEM
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I like what I saw there. He is pretty good at killing long ball drives. :D

It would be amazing to have a safety tandem again!!! :D Last time both were good was probably Smith/Atwater....far too long ago.

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Dawkins 2.0

SOCALORADO.
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Dawkins 2.0

Someone to make those recievers hesitate and glance over at.

GEM
05-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Is it just me or are you all looking forward to watching a defense that isn't afraid to hit? Holy shit....I can't wait, I'm salivating at the thought. Now if they don't get football moving this season, someone is going to be hanging by their nether region from Bucky's hoof on the southside of Invesco. :D

Dzone
05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Man, this draft is making for an exciting future. Cant wait to see these guys perform on sunday. You add the fact that they will be getting tutored by B Dawk and Champ, and this is going to be an awesome Defensive backffield...

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
The back 7 of this defense is going to be a mosh pit. Bodies flying all over the place just looking for someone to smash in the mouth. Miller, Carter and Irving are going to be exciting to watch. Hopefully their enthusiasm and reckless abandon rubs off on others.

SOCALORADO.
05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
The back 7 of this defense is going to be a mosh pit. Bodies flying all over the place just looking for someone to smash in the mouth. Miller, Carter and Irving are going to be exciting to watch. Hopefully their enthusiasm and reckless abandon rubs off on others.

Hopefully this also allows Moore a bit more leeway in being able to make plays. Might be just what he needs to feel comfortable and get his feet wet without having to do to much. Nice to have really good players that will kill around you as a player. Makes you look better and life is much more one dimensional for you. We'll see.

wbmustang
05-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Something about dreads makes you know that the player is going to be a beast. I think that the whole defensive backfield should get them and we shall call them the goon squad. So far we have Quinton Carter and SydQ Thompson on it.

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Hopefully this also allows Moore a bit more leeway in being able to make plays. Might be just what he needs to feel comfortable and get his feet wet without having to do to much. Nice to have really good players that will kill around you as a player. Makes you look better and life is much more one dimensional for you. We'll see.

Another reason I'd like to see us get Herzlich as a UDFA. Same type of player as Irving, with a similar story. With him, Miller and Irving as the LB's, we could be VERY nasty!!!

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Something about dreads makes you know that the player is going to be a beast. I think that the whole defensive backfield should get them and we shall call them the goon squad. So far we have Quinton Carter and SydQ Thompson on it.

...and the Predator. Nate Irving

slim
05-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Can you imagine how bad Laurence Maroney would be if he cut his hair?