PDA

View Full Version : Marty Schottenheimer for DC

56crash
10-21-2008, 12:49 AM
is the right man for the Job I know this sound crazy but Pat need to doal out the bucks and make Marty Schottenheimer our next DC as of now !!!!!!!!!!

NFL bronco IS the man to take to task he thouht we need hid as a consultant I say let him breath fire in the pants of our D what say ye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO :listen::listen::listen:

Jerz
10-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I dont think I would have to ever say this but Marty is above a DC

56crash
10-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I dont think I would have to ever say this but Marty is above a DC

Nope he is not he does radio and I am sure he would take over our DC for a mill or so

56crash
10-21-2008, 01:46 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is all it takes people you know you want the devel to take over admit it.

dogfish
10-21-2008, 02:20 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is all it takes people you know you want the devel to take over admit it.

sure, i'd take marty as the DC any day. . . but what makes you think he'd be interested? i know that for an average stiff like myself, the kind of money an NFL coordinator makes sounds incredibly tempting, but marty doesn't need it-- he's already made more than plenty. . . he said after the chargers canned him that he was ready to start taking it easy and spend more time with his wife and his grandkids. . . if he's doing radio, no way do i believe it's because he's short on cash-- he probably needs a hobby to take up a bit of his spare time between golf games. . . at his age, why deal with the long hours and the grinding stress when you can sleep in and relax?

dude's set, i just can't see him wanting to come back and play second fiddle to shanahan after he's been the guy in charge for how many years now? i'm sure that if he was interested in that, he'd have already found something long ago. . . maybe the chance to get a ring might lure him back, but if so he sure hasn't shown any indication of it. . . besides, i'm not convinced that shanahan's ego could stand having another name that big on the staff anyways. . .

if marty says he's interested, sign me up-- but otherwise, it's just whistling in the wind. . . .

56crash
10-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Money makes the world go around if you dont think so look at how the reffs thew this game .

56crash
10-21-2008, 02:52 AM
sure, i'd take marty as the DC any day. . . but what makes you think he'd be interested? i know that for an average stiff like myself, the kind of money an NFL coordinator makes sounds incredibly tempting, but marty doesn't need it-- he's already made more than plenty. . . he said after the chargers canned him that he was ready to start taking it easy and spend more time with his wife and his grandkids. . . if he's doing radio, no way do i believe it's because he's short on cash-- he probably needs a hobby to take up a bit of his spare time between golf games. . . at his age, why deal with the long hours and the grinding stress when you can sleep in and relax?

dude's set, i just can't see him wanting to come back and play second fiddle to shanahan after he's been the guy in charge for how many years now? i'm sure that if he was interested in that, he'd have already found something long ago. . . maybe the chance to get a ring might lure him back, but if so he sure hasn't shown any indication of it. . . besides, i'm not convinced that shanahan's ego could stand having another name that big on the staff anyways. . .

if marty says he's interested, sign me up-- but otherwise, it's just whistling in the wind. . . .

Are you for real IF he were to sign up this teams D would change and he knows that you think people don;t want to be part of history you are wrong . besides radio dont pay jack and to be a part of something bing will chanse a mind quickly

56crash
10-21-2008, 02:54 AM
Marty Schottenheimer has a few axs to grind in the AFC W also so if the money is right he would jump on ship

claymore
10-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Im willing to try anything. I dont think a new DC would help with our crap personnel on Defense though

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Sure, I'd take Marty...although, I still think there's a BUNCH of personnel work to do as well.

Jerz
10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Marty is not and ill repeat not going to become anyones DC he is a head coach....this thread is useless

MOtorboat
10-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Well, I'd disagree a little. He might take a DC job for nine games, but only for the nine games and he'd go get a head job.

I don't think it would ever happen because Shanahan won't ever let it happen. Marty is too much of a control freak.