PDA

View Full Version : How good can these guys be?

Agent of Orange
05-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Quantify what you think these guys can be in your terms. It could be HOFer vs Pro Bowler vs Solid starter...whatever...or it could be some other measure.

Von Miller

Nate Irving

Rahim Moore

Orlando Franklin

Quinton Carter

Montana Battlin Bear
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Von Miller- Pro Bowler

Rahim Moore- Solid Starter

Nate Irving- Pro Bowler

Orlando Franklin- Solid Starter

Quinton Carter- Above Average Starter

Julius Thomas- Could someday reach the level of Antonio Gates, he has the tools for it

I Eat Staples
05-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Von Miller- Pro Bowler

Nate Irving- Solid Starter

Quinton Carter- Probably more of a rotational safety but could be a decent starter

Julius Thomas- Not sure how to grade him, has the potential to be a very serviceable receiving TE but he could just as easily be useless.

If we end up with at least one pro bowler and three solid starters that's a good draft.

Lonestar
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Dareus Pro Bowler.

Fairley probowler.

Austin very solid

Peaua. Probowler

Montana Battlin Bear
05-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Dareus Pro Bowler.

Fairley probowler.

Austin very solid

Peaua. Probowler

Dareus- Solid Starter

Fairley- Bust

Austin- Average

Paea- Below Average

TXBRONC
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Dareus Pro Bowler.

Fairley probowler.

Austin very solid

Peaua. Probowler

Come on Jr stick to the topic.

I Eat Staples
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Dareus- Pro Bowler

Fairley- Pro Bowler

Austin- Either bust or Pro Bowler

Paea- Solid Starter

Montana Battlin Bear
05-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Dareus- Pro Bowler

Fairley- Pro Bowler

Austin- Either bust or Pro Bowler

Paea- Solid Starter

You honestly believe this?

You're saying 4 out of the top 6 Defensive Tackles become Solid Starters to Pro Bowlers... not a chance

Agent of Orange
05-01-2011, 08:36 PM

You're saying 4 out of the top 6 Defensive Tackles become Solid Starters to Pro Bowlers... not a chance

Ignore him. He's just being a McDaniels.

topscribe
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I'll try my hand:

Von Miller- Hall of Fame

Nate Irving- Pro Bowler

Quinton Carter- Rotational player

Julius Thomas - Bust

Mike Mohamed - Cut (no busts at #6)

Virgil Green - Rotational player

Jeremy Beal - Cut

Dareus - Hall of Fame

Fairley - Solid starter

Austin - Bust

Paea - Solid starter

Topscribe - Legend

-----

Lonestar
05-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I'll try my hand:

Topscribe - Legend

-----

in your own mind

I Eat Staples
05-01-2011, 11:59 PM

Dareus and Fairley are too talented to miss IMO. Austin and Paea could go either way but Austin has the talent and Paea has the size and strength to be productive at least.

Montana Battlin Bear
05-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Dareus and Fairley are too talented to miss IMO. Austin and Paea could go either way but Austin has the talent and Paea has the size and strength to be productive at least.

There is no way Dareus will become anywhere close to a HOF I would be very surprised if he made one pro bowl. The guy is known to have a high floor and a low ceiling. He will be a solid starter. Fairly will bust hence the reason he fell to 13. Paea's technique is horrible and has short arms and injury concerns. There are reasons he dropped so far. Austin could rival Fairley with the most potential, but yet again the guy was COMPLETELY TAKEN OFF our board due to character concerns. You're claim that 4 out of the top five or six defensive tackles (which has the highest bust rate by far) will become solid starters to multiple pro bowls is completely asinine

DenBronx
05-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Von Miller - Pro Bowler

Nate Irving - Starter

Rahim Moore - Pro Bowler (but not right away, he will have to work extremely hard)

Orlando Franklin - Rotational guy/Depth

Quinton Carter - Starter in 2012 but will see the field alot in 2011

This draft is a B+

BroncoBJ
05-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Nice thread. :elefant: Make sure to remember to bump this in a few years to see whos closest and whos most far off. :elefant:

But heres my opinions:

Von Miller- Pro bowler

Rahim Moore- Below average -- will play on multiple teams thruout career.

Nate Irving- Pro Bowler

Orlando Franklin- average starter

Quinton Carter- Hall of Fame

Julius Thomas - Will become Tebows main target -- Future probowl

Mike Mohamed - Will play 1 year with us, will do decent on another team in the future.

Virgil Green - Average role player -- Will get alot of playing time and make clutch plays thruout the years.

Jeremy Beal - Will be an above average starter in 2 years.

Dareus - Bust

Fairley - Pro bowler

Austin - Bust

Paea - Above average starter

Even though I would have liked to address the DT need, I'm glad we didn't just draft a DT, just to draft one. I feel like we made some great picks and a lot of the future of this team will be in this draft. I feel like the core of our defense is right here in this draft. Feel like it was a great one that we will remember years down the line.

Cant wait to see how they all turn out. :elefant:

MileHighCrew
05-02-2011, 07:20 AM
My shot at it

Von Miller- Pro bowler / HOF player. Will be close, because they love to select Broncos for the HOF

Rahim Moore- Solid starter

Nate Irving- Solid role player

Orlando Franklin- bust as tackle average as a guard

Quinton Carter- Pro bowler

Julius Thomas - Will become Tebows main target -- Future probowl ^^^ x2

Mike Mohamed - Role plater, average fan wont know his name

Virgil Green - Bust

Jeremy Beal - 2nd string but productive

Dareus - average, be on the line in Buffao for years but nothing special

Fairley - Pro bowler

Austin - Bust

Paea - Effective but injury shortened career.

nevcraw
05-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Cart:horse

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Agreed. :nod:

MileHighCrew
05-02-2011, 08:38 AM

Fun to play the guessing game :beer:

nevcraw
05-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Fun to play the guessing game :beer:

true.. but even if it bs i am scared of the jinx..

rcsodak
05-02-2011, 03:50 PM
There is no way Dareus will become anywhere close to a HOF I would be very surprised if he made one pro bowl. The guy is known to have a high floor and a low ceiling. He will be a solid starter. Fairly will bust hence the reason he fell to 13. Paea's technique is horrible and has short arms and injury concerns. There are reasons he dropped so far. Austin could rival Fairley with the most potential, but yet again the guy was COMPLETELY TAKEN OFF our board due to character concerns. You're claim that 4 out of the top five or six defensive tackles (which has the highest bust rate by far) will become solid starters to multiple pro bowls is completely asinine
How do you know fairley was taken off the board? Last I saw, they were contemplating going back into the 1st round for him,

nevcraw
05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
How do you know fairley was taken off the board? Last I saw, they were contemplating going back into the 1st round for him,

I think he was speaking of Austin.

BroncoBJ
11-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Bumping this after 11 games in. :elefant: Still way too early to tell anything, but figured this will be a fun thread to look at over the years. Like to see whos closest and what not.

Lets see how it looks in a few years. :elefant: