PDA

View Full Version : New respect for Jay Cutler

Superchop 7
10-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Just saw his post game press conference.

He is "smokin" pissed at his teamates.

I like that.....alot.

PatricktheDookie
10-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Do tell.

Medford Bronco
10-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Good show some emotion finally.

Fire this team up. they should be pissed after that crappy effort on national tv

G_Money
10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Maybe he should try not throwing interceptions. That might help some.

~G

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 11:25 PM
I saw a little bit of it. He looked like he didn't want to be there. I mean it's good that he was visibly upset about the loss, but being pissed doesn't translate to a win in two weeks. This team better come out with a ton of energy in two weeks or else there is gonna be some people losing jobs.

Medford Bronco
10-20-2008, 11:27 PM

~G

lol that long thow was kind of Rex Grossman like :tsk:

nmbroncosfan
10-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Shanahan looked pissed during his presser

CrazyHorse
10-20-2008, 11:31 PM

~G

He thinks he's Brett Favre, able to win the game all by himself.
The poor decisions came from overconfidence.
Too be fair we were behind all game and his finger's messed up.

Northman
10-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Is he pissed about his continued ability to turn the ball over? I hope so. And no, he's been turning over the ball whether we are leading or behind. No excuses.

tomjonesrocks
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
The long throw was up for grabs floater and he's thrown picks on similar passes lately. He's a gamer and I want him to try to make plays but he's obviously thrown too many interceptions lately.

I blame Hall first and the defense second--but after that there's a little blame for everyone.

Magnificent Seven
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
They would go for 13-3 after bye week and get revenge on Patriots in the playoff???? Damn, I would feel sooo good if they do that!

Simple Jaded
10-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah, Cutler, if you don't throw any INT's, we win......

Shazam!
10-21-2008, 01:01 AM
I know he had a bad finger and all, but he was hardly impressive last night.

It's good he shows fire and pissed at teammates but it's not like he was lighting it up all by himself. He made some bad decisions. I'm not sure what 'new respect' for him would be had after this game.

I think this comes down to the coach though. This is Shanahan's team, it comes and goes with him. Thye clearly weren't ready.

It's the same ?!#@ year after year, and the same embarassing Defense over and over. That's the Coach.

SR
10-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Lane Kiffin for head coach!

BroncoWave
10-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah, Cutler, if you don't throw any INT's, we win......

Do you REALLY think we would have won tonight if Cutler hadn't thrown any picks? Did you watch the game?

PatricktheDookie
10-21-2008, 01:29 AM
The one disappointing thing (and it's becoming a trend) is that when we are faced with adversity (due to turnovers or bad officiating), rather than dealing with it, we fold and crumble. Everything snowballs. That's what happened last year versus San Diego, and that's what happened tonight.

The Broncos are not 34 points worse than the Patriots. The Broncos actually looked like the better team early. But when we get behind, we start pressing and stop being patient. Our opponent takes advantage of our lack of concentration, and the game stops being competitive.

I think Cutler is upset about that. We should have fought to stay in the game. We should have played every defensive down as if it were the most important play of the game. We didn't. Period. We stopped competing after we had the facemask penalty in their endzone.

Simple Jaded
10-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Do you REALLY think we would have won tonight if Cutler hadn't thrown any picks? Did you watch the game?

Just sarcasm, this thread is supposed about someones new found respect for Cutler, not someones frustrations for his INT's.

Unless the QB throws a No-Hitter he's not allowed to be frustrated with the way his team played? That's stupid......

Northman
10-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Just sarcasm, this thread is supposed about someones new found respect for Cutler, not someones frustrations for his INT's.

Unless the QB throws a No-Hitter he's not allowed to be frustrated with the way his team played? That's stupid......

No one has denied that. But its also about accountability and he has accounted for half of the turnovers this season. Sometimes leading by example goes a lot farther than just lip service.

Simple Jaded
10-21-2008, 02:17 AM
No one has denied that. But its also about accountability and he has accounted for half of the turnovers this season. Sometimes leading by example goes a lot farther than just lip service.

Nobody can tell him how to be a leader, he's got to do it his way, if they follow, fine......if not, get rid of them. This is his team and it will go only as far as he takes them, they better get on board or get the **** out of the way, I'm positive they know this.

But this isn't about Cutler's teammates, it's about Broncos fans.

If he had come out with the same song and dance he gave last week, we'd still be critiquing it, so he's damned if he does and he's damn if he don't.......and sooner or later he'll realize that Broncos fans are impossible to please, if he hasn't already, and he isn't accountable to us for a damn thing......

broncophan
10-21-2008, 05:44 AM
It's obvious, to me, that Cutler hates talking to the media after games......sooner or later he will go off and say something he prob. shouldn't say....imo

Until then........I hope he figures out how to play like he did the first couple weeks of the season....or at least stop throwing int's..............:confused:

claymore
10-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Im pissed at Cutlers teammates as well. :coffee: Now I know how DC and KC feel all the time. Not sexually, but about they're team. :tsk:

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Cutler is not what's wrong with the Bronco's these days...

omac
10-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Cutler had a bad game; it's obvious he wasn't throwing with much confidence with the injury, and the gameplan was predictable because of it. With the late INT, the Broncos were way behind and throwing on almost every down, so even their passing offense was predictable.

Feel bad for Hall; though it was obvious we only wanted to run the ball because of Jay's injury, we were doing a pretty good job of it on the initial 2 drives, and Hall cost us badly on both; a sure 6 point swing on the 1st drive, and a probable 6 point swing on the 2nd. Instead of 0-6, we could've been 6-0 and forced the Pats to play catch up (even just a bit).

Don't know if the defense would've still self-destructed, though.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Cutler had a bad game; it's obvious he wasn't throwing with much confidence with the injury, and the gameplan was predictable because of it. With the late INT, the Broncos were way behind and throwing on almost every down, so even their passing offense was predictable.

Feel bad for Hall; though it was obvious we only wanted to run the ball because of Jay's injury, we were doing a pretty good job of it on the initial 2 drives, and Hall cost us badly on both; a sure 6 point swing on the 1st drive, and a probable 6 point swing on the 2nd. Instead of 0-6, we could've been 6-0 and forced the Pats to play catch up (even just a bit).

Don't know if the defense would've still self-destructed, though.

You are 100% correct...the offense CANNOT be expected to put 40+ points on the board EVERY week.

...and yes, turnovers are a major issue with the offense right now that needs to get fixed.

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Cutler played as bad as anybody last night. Finger injury aside, he made poor decisions, passing up open receivers and throwing into double and sometime triple coverage. Jay needs to be pissed at Jay, put his ego in check and play some smart football.

omac
10-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Cutler played as bad as anybody last night. Finger injury aside, he made poor decisions, passing up open receivers and throwing into double and sometime triple coverage. Jay needs to be pissed at Jay, put his ego in check and play some smart football.

Yeah, he did play bad. He'll bounce back, and our offense will too.

With the showing of our defense, though, there will be blood in the water unless they make a statement game soon.

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Jay has the tools but he has some growing up to do. Between the Elway comments and the way he has played the last two weeks, I'm looking at a guy who is still very wet behind the ears.

GEM
10-21-2008, 09:16 AM
They all should be pissed.

You can't pin this loss on just one facet of the game. They ALL stunk it up.

This team needs to find an identity and fast. They need to learn to protect the ball, running or throwing. Our D needs to learn the basic fundamentals of tackling...don't they teach that in football, maybe I missed something somewhere, but isn't tackling pretty damn important in football? Marshall needs to get back to some fundamentals like CATCH THE DAMN BALL then worry about running in circles to gain an extra 2 yards. Undrafted RB's went undrafted for a reason. That new safety can't tackle for ish. Without Bailey, we're screwed and that was COMPLETELY evident.

This is an anger loss. I know I'm pissed, I'm embarassed. Guess these guys playing that make thousands to millions of dollars have no pride. Pathetic really.

GEM
10-21-2008, 09:17 AM

He doesn't have the success to have that kind of ego...check it at the door kid.

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Guys, this team is a work in progress. We might make the playoffs, but we don't have all the parts to make it far. This team needs a little weathering to be able to handle adversity better, but no team does well when they have key injuries, turnovers, and no help from the officials. Look at Dallas or Indy.

Our defense is terrible, it will take years to get better. Maybe in a couple they can get to the place where they can be in the middle of the pack. It's not going to get much better this year, we just don't have the personnel.

Our offense is good, but injuries can derail us. If we become one-dimensional, like trying to come back when down 20 - 0, they will be in trouble. Any good defense in the NFL can make you pay when your one-dimensional.

Things will be ok, the bye came at the right time, and hopefully we can get some people healed up in the next two weeks.

It was ugly, but it's not the end of the season.

BroncoJoe
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I didn't see the presser, but I hope Jay expressed anger at himself as well as his teammates.

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
It was a train wreck. They all played like shit. Review the game once with the team, then heal and get ready for the rest of the season.

CoachChaz
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Here's a crazy idea...when your QB jacks the hell out of his finger, try the back-up. Ramsey is a solid backup and he probably wouldnt have done much worse than Cutler with a busted finger.

Northman
10-21-2008, 09:51 AM

Shhh, dont talk like that. Jay has no accountability evidently. :lol:

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 09:55 AM
He doesn't have the success to have that kind of ego...check it at the door kid.

Nice sig BTW! I once wona bet with me neighbor in a Dolphin-Bronco game. HE ended up mowing my lawn in a dress!!!!

In-com-plete
10-21-2008, 10:00 AM
You are 100% correct...the offense CANNOT be expected to put 40+ points on the board EVERY week.

...and yes, turnovers are a major issue with the offense right now that needs to get fixed.

40 points every week? The last 3 weeks we've put up 40 . . . . combined.

16 - Bucs
17 - Jags
7 - Pats

GEM
10-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Nice sig BTW! I once wona bet with me neighbor in a Dolphin-Bronco game. HE ended up mowing my lawn in a dress!!!!

GRRRR! Thanks! It's killing me to keep this sig up. :tsk:

omac
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Here's a crazy idea...when your QB jacks the hell out of his finger, try the back-up. Ramsey is a solid backup and he probably wouldnt have done much worse than Cutler with a busted finger.

Actually, they did play Ramsey towards the end of the half with maybe a minute and a half left to go. And right on schedule, he turns the ball over and gives the Pats a chance to try to get to FG range. That was with limited playing time. The injured Cutler still managed the offense better than a healthy Ramsey.

It was obvious at the start of the 2nd half that Shanny still wanted to win the game, so he kept Jay in. In the end, Shanny was probably just trying to salvage anything out of the game, and that was probably the TD drive. Don't know why Cutler was kept in the game after that; maybe he wanted to go down fighting with the team.

sacmar
10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
The man was shoveling passes without using his pointer and still threw better passes than most.........jay is definatly a pimp.

Northman
10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
GRRRR! Thanks! It's killing me to keep this sig up. :tsk:

Its not killing me. :laugh::D

JONtheBRONCO
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Man, only if people gave up on John Elway in his early career. Jay isn't the problem. Give the man a defense, give him Scheffler and Stokes back too. It's kind of hard to chuck the ball around when NE is focused on Royal and Marshall. What is Nate Jackson going to do, Daniel G? Pretty hard to come out on top with all these turnovers, and to think we started both our drives with Andre Hall fumbles, what kind of tone does that set for the rest of the game?

I won't give up yet, but thats because I'm full of hope for the Broncos. But on defense... Wow, Dre Bly sucks, JW is young, and Paymah, well, is Paymah. We all saw how good Champ is last night. Lowry i thought would be an improvement, boy was I wrong. Shanahan really needs to consider looking at Josh B from the practice squad. I don't know what that will do, but hell, it won't hurt any I know that.

GEM
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Man, only if people gave up on John Elway in his early career. Jay isn't the problem. Give the man a defense, give him Scheffler and Stokes back too. It's kind of hard to chuck the ball around when NE is focused on Royal and Marshall. What is Nate Jackson going to do, Daniel G? Pretty hard to come out on top with all these turnovers, and to think we started both our drives with Andre Hall fumbles, what kind of tone does that set for the rest of the game?

I won't give up yet, but thats because I'm full of hope for the Broncos. But on defense... Wow, Dre Bly sucks, JW is young, and Paymah, well, is Paymah. We all saw how good Champ is last night. Lowry i thought would be an improvement, boy was I wrong. Shanahan really needs to consider looking at Josh B from the practice squad. I don't know what that will do, but hell, it won't hurt any I know that.

I don't think anyone is giving up on Jay. We're just holding him to the same level that we hold all the players. He doesn't get a pass because we think he could be special. His INT's have hurt the team, he needs to stop doing that.

underrated29
10-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Its really simple. When we are down, Jay gets starts to rush things, and goes for it all. When he does that, he throws picks and incompletes. Review all the game film, its the easiest thing to see.

When he does settle down and just hits the open man, whoever, whenever, wherever he freaking tears up any defense. He just needs to mature. Its still his 2nd year. (i dont count it as 3 as he has only played equal to about 2 years.)

Point in case, last night our last drive for the TD- he didnt rush it downfield, or force the throws. He sat back, went through his progressions and when he saw the open man he striked. And striked and striked again. 8 yards, 4 yards, 13 yards, etc.

We need to tell him, the way to win is rhythm. Its chewin up the defense for chunks at a time. 8 yards, 4 yards, 20 yards, 5 yards, 7 yards.....Then the big play will come. Every single TD drive we have had this year- thats what we did. We found the open man and hit him for 5-8 yards. Then again, open man 6 yards and a first down. Back the defense up.

No one can cover our WR and TE- we have too many too good players, even with shceff and stokes out.....I saw on atleast 10 plays last night where we had the man open or about to break open and we passed it for the big gain, or to marshall instead.

first 3-4 games we did this, the last 3-4 games we have not.... Someone on the coaching staff will surely see this, and make jay adjust his ways. We will still be an 11-5 12-4 team- but embarassing losses like this do sting for a while.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 11:34 AM
40 points every week? The last 3 weeks we've put up 40 . . . . combined.

16 - Bucs
17 - Jags
7 - Pats

Too shay...

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 11:37 AM

We tried Ramsey for one possession. He threw two balls that were pick-6's dropped by the DB and fumbled the ball when he held it too long in the pocket.

Ramsey is not a solid backup and if Shanny does not have enough confidence in a backup that he plays an injured Cutler in a blowout, it means we need a new backup QB. There is no point in Ramsey being on the roster.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM

Nice post, JON...

Requiem / The Dagda
10-21-2008, 11:42 AM
My honest opinion of Cutler in his post-game comments to reports on the Broncos site is that he acted unprofessional and like a baby. I love the guy as a player and a talent and glad he is here, but honestly -- some of the gestures he used and the way he carried himself in that conference was absolutely embarrassing.

hamrob
10-21-2008, 11:48 AM
The one disappointing thing (and it's becoming a trend) is that when we are faced with adversity (due to turnovers or bad officiating), rather than dealing with it, we fold and crumble. Everything snowballs. That's what happened last year versus San Diego, and that's what happened tonight.

The Broncos are not 34 points worse than the Patriots. The Broncos actually looked like the better team early. But when we get behind, we start pressing and stop being patient. Our opponent takes advantage of our lack of concentration, and the game stops being competitive.

I think Cutler is upset about that. We should have fought to stay in the game. We should have played every defensive down as if it were the most important play of the game. We didn't. Period. We stopped competing after we had the facemask penalty in their endzone.I think for the most part we did. Then Hall fumbles twice...and the defense holds them to two field goals...then the offense looks pathetic again...then Champ gets hurt...then Bly gets burnt for a TD. Game over...right then. At that point we had so much wind knocked out of us and the Pats had so much momentum and confidence at Home...it was over with! We got Mike Tyson'd!

hamrob
10-21-2008, 11:50 AM
My honest opinion of Cutler in his post-game comments to reports on the Broncos site is that he acted unprofessional and like a baby. I love the guy as a player and a talent and glad he is here, but honestly -- some of the gestures he used and the way he carried himself in that conference was absolutely embarrassing.I agree....reminded me of Brian Griese. In fact alot about his manerisms remind me of Griese. The guy is a total introvert!

Northman
10-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Man, only if people gave up on John Elway in his early career. Jay isn't the problem.

Total and utter BS. This isnt about "giving" up on Jay Cutler. This is about making him accountable for his tendency to turn the ball over. And no, it isnt about just this last game. He has had a problem with turnovers ALL year. So quit trying to make this implication that people are giving up on the guy. We just want him to be as accountable as the rest of the team when it comes to what problems need to be resolved.

hamrob
10-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice post, JON...Excuses, Excuses, Excuses. John Elway didn't have receivers that were as good as Martinez....yet he found ways to keep us in the game. He was a winner. No, I'm not giving up on Jay....but 13-15 is exactly what it is!

eessydo
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me. Should stop wagging his broken finger at others when his performance was just as horrible.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses. John Elway didn't have receivers that were as good as Martinez....yet he found ways to keep us in the game. He was a winner. No, I'm not giving up on Jay....but 13-15 is exactly what it is!

Not giving Jay a pass (no pun intended) or anyone else on the offense and that's not what I took from JONs post...he's got his area's to improve/fix like everyone else.

...just see some focus on Culter as the offense's ONLY problem and not some of the other players mistakes of late (Marshall, Hall, etc.).

No disagree with what you're saying at all, Ham...

tubby
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
:focus:

This thread is about the major bitch Cutler was in the press conference last night. Show some professionalism Jay.

BroncoJoe
10-21-2008, 12:20 PM
I am still wondering why he (Cutler) was sporting Chargers' colors.

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Look at the deep interception to Jackson, notice a WIDE open Royal? That was only one of many bad reads I noticed from him last night. Some great points brought up. I'm still a Cutler fan and think he is the guy to get us where we all want to be BUT he needs to be held accountable just like every other player on the team.

Lonestar
10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
My honest opinion of Cutler in his post-game comments to reports on the Broncos site is that he acted unprofessional and like a baby. I love the guy as a player and a talent and glad he is here, but honestly -- some of the gestures he used and the way he carried himself in that conference was absolutely embarrassing.

I just watched it and have to agree he was not interested in being there.. looked at everything in the room but at the folks asking him questions..

sacmar
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
These guys are human, nice to see someone visibly bothered by all this mess instead of getting behind the podeum pulling out the usual 3x5 card answers, i didn't want to see or speak to anyone and i didn't even play, nothing wrong with his reaction no excuses, no blame, no forcing out stupid answers to even stupid'er questions. Most of those guys could care less they'll be mad for five minutes go to the atm, check to see that all thier money is still there hit up a club and damn near forget about the game by the time thier feet step into thier huge houses, nice to see him bothered at least as much as we are....