PDA

View Full Version : Albert for Orton?

Dro
05-01-2011, 02:16 PM
According to ESPN's Bill Williamson, the "rumor mill is already spinning" a potential trade that would send Albert Haynesworth to the Broncos in exchange for Kyle Orton.

It's worth noting that the Redskins passed completely on quarterbacks in the draft. The Broncos passed completely on defensive tackles. May 1, 1:14 PM
Source: ESPN.com

This came up earlier because John Fox is close friends with Albert and they are moving back to the 4-3, Elway and Shanahan were seen talking before the draft and now the rumor is being confirmed on ESPN. Just got to wait till the lockout.

wanted to know from you guys is this BS or some what truthful?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
The rumor mill in Denver is already spinning a Kyle Orton-Albert Haynesworth trade. Washington needs a quarterback and Denver needs defensive tackle. Makes senses, would Denver want to pay Haynesworth?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/27093/putting-a-bow-on-day-three

When Williamson states the rumor mill in Denver - have no idea who he is referring to - I have not heard anything about this.

ALSO - not sure if the Broncos would bring in someone in trouble:

Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, indicted on a charge of misdemeanor sexual abuse in connection with a February incident with a waitress at a downtown hotel, has no intention of accepting a proffered plea deal, his lawyer said Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/redskins_player_albert_haynesworth_wont_accept_ple a_deal_attorney_says/2011/04/27/AFLlkP0E_story.html?wprss=rss_homepage

Dro
05-01-2011, 02:49 PM
True i just saw this and the fact that neither team took what they needed in the draft was a excellent point.. if Albert wouldn't face any suspension that would be a great deal for you defense.. would open things up for Von and Dummervile.

MileHighCrew
05-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I like it, Not a huge fan of big Albert but this deal makes a lot of sense

SoCalImport
05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
No idea, but at this point I wouldn't discount it at all. Looks like some pretty credible sources are reporting it

UnderArmour
05-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I'd love the deal, but I'd ask for Washington to throw in a conditional fourth or fifth rounder next year.

BroncoAV06
05-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Albert got paid and stopped playing. Plus his off the field issues and everyone wants him?

Day1BroncoFan
05-01-2011, 03:07 PM
This is the only person I would never root for as a Bronco. Can't stand the guy, he is a temper tantrum waiting for its next victim.

camdisco24
05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Great player... when he is trying. Very concerned he'd be a Diva here too, but if anyone, John Fox can get him grounded. Would be a very interesting trade...

Ravage!!!
05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Orton is going to be Denver's starting QB this year. THey won't trade him

gobroncsnv
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, on and off field issues. Trading for him with Orton would be a good deal, but we need him to fully realize his potential, or just another Brandon Marshall who can't stay on the field because of excessive stupidity...

MileHighCrew
05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Albert got paid and stopped playing. Plus his off the field issues and everyone wants him?

Not that I want him but I want to get rid of Orton and getting a big pig in the middle couldn't hurt. Plus he's got most of his money so lower risk.

elsid13
05-01-2011, 03:39 PM
You must be smoking crack if you think this is a good deal. This is ESPiN horseshit at its' finest. Fat Albert makes IHOP look like a boy scout, and if Denver trades from him it shows that Mcdaniels ghost is still in the building.

OrangeHoof
05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
A motivted Haynesworth would make this a great trade. An unmotivated Haynesworth would make it a terrible trade. Which one shows up? Your guess is as good as mine.

MileHighCrew
05-01-2011, 03:51 PM
A motivted Haynesworth would make this a great trade. An unmotivated Haynesworth would make it a terrible trade. Which one shows up? Your guess is as good as mine.

Just remember it is for an unmotivated Orton.

topscribe
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
wanted to know from you guys is this BS or some what truthful?

From what I understand, Albert has the highest respect for John Fox.

And Shannie would appreciate finally having a good QB.

Could make both teams Division contenders . . .

-----

gobroncsnv
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, no doubt that the Haynes-ster is a tremendous football player, but somebody needs to grab this young man and get his FULL attention, as he's just absolutely wasting his opportunity to be one of the best ever. If what you say is that he would listen and "rein in" with somebody like Fox, I'd do this. BOY would this be one of the most incentive-laden EVER contracts I'd write and have him sign before doing much with him.

Traveler
05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I call BS on this. Firstly, Orton doesn't fit Shanahan's type of offense. Can't stretch out a play when things break down and isn't a "motion" type of QB.

Secondly, if this rumor had merit, I'm amused (but not surprised) that we would again be bring in another older player on the downside of his career. Same ol', sam ol' shit!

I will say they did address many of the defensive holes, so next year rebuilding the interior of the DL must be priority number one.

I Eat Staples
05-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be a huge fan of the deal but don't forget that Albert is a top DT in this league in the 4-3 when he's trying. He gave up when Shanny went to the 3-4 but maybe he'll be motivated to show everyone he can still play if we put him in a 4-3.

gobroncsnv
05-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Now this board ain't about basketball, in which one player can make SO much of a difference... But I have no doubt that we'd really move up the charts if Haynesworth came in with his mind "right"... The man has been, and could be a real game changer if he's fully committed.

If that were to happen, I'd take back ALL of the tear-moistened wheaties I made over the past few days.

Superchop 7
05-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Train wreck waiting to happen....

Dirk
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
IF....and I am throwing out a major big IF...

If Albert would come here and be happy because he is back in a 4-3 (he was pissed to go to a 3-4) and he actually played like he did in Tenn....I would make that deal in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think about it.

But watching Albert lay down on the field and not get up last year makes me want to puke. Even if he was pissed...he was giving up not only on himself but his team.

Again...If he plays - its a no brainer.

horsepig
05-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Sounds like he and Fox get along pretty well.

Put him back in the 43 with some motivation to perform for an old friend? Who knows?
I'm not too worried about taking a risk in any deal involving Orton. It would be worth it to get him out of the building in a deal with some possible upside to it.

That said, "trainwreck" has a really ominous sound doesn't it?

topscribe
05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Train wreck waiting to happen....

Don't worry, I'm not going any further than this.

Nothing positive can be said about Orton on this board without inciting a full
scale attack on the person who said it. I have decided not to deal with the
ignorance anymore . . .

-----

threefolddead
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
One quitter for another quitter. Not interested

Dirk
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't worry, I'm not going any further than this.

Nothing positive can be said about Orton on this board without inciting a full
scale attack on the person who said it. I have decided not to deal with the
ignorance anymore . . .

-----

Top - I'm with ya brother.

I think Orton is more than an average QB. But you have to admit he doesn't have the "it" factor.

I stood tall and told everyone at work here in Missouri that Orton was going to prove EVERYONE wrong and will show he is a probowl QB. And he actually did IMO.

And as much as I like KO...I know he isn't the future for the Broncos. If we could get a major player on the DL for him that would be the best thing for both the Broncos (who are going with Tebow) and for Kyle. I wish only the best for Kyle..he played his ass off for us.

Unfortunately, Orton would not succeed in a Shanny offense. Orton is not suited for his style of offense. Orton would thrive IMO in New England. I think Orton would be almost as good as Tom Brady in New England in their scheme. :couch:

But if there was any way we could guarentee that Albert would actually put in his time and effort..I would pull this trigger in a heartbeat.

topscribe
05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Top - I'm with ya brother.

I think Orton is more than an average QB. But you have to admit he doesn't have the "it" factor.

I stood tall and told everyone at work here in Missouri that Orton was going to prove EVERYONE wrong and will show he is a probowl QB. And he actually did IMO.

And as much as I like KO...I know he isn't the future for the Broncos. If we could get a major player on the DL for him that would be the best thing for both the Broncos (who are going with Tebow) and for Kyle. I wish only the best for Kyle..he played his ass off for us.

Unfortunately, Orton would not succeed in a Shanny offense. Orton is not suited for his style of offense. Orton would thrive IMO in New England. I think Orton would be almost as good as Tom Brady in New England in their scheme. :couch:

But if there was any way we could guarentee that Albert would actually put in his time and effort..I would pull this trigger in a heartbeat.

As I said ad nauseam over the two years Orton has been here, I would like to
see him playing in the same circumstances other QBs in the league enjoy
before I make any judgments as to the "it" business. He never had one minute's
worth of play when he was not working through severe injuries and/or
horribly poor supporting casts.

But after his solid performance in Chicago as essentially a 2nd year QB (on the
field), playing on a high ankle sprain, with less than a pedestrian receiving
corps, a bunch of matadores for an O-line, with an awful offensive scheme, I
would say he would flourish anywhere if he could just stay healthy.

But that's all I'm going to say about it here. I know there are some who are
salivating right now, looking for a chance to get a piece of me over this.

So, :focus:

-----

vettesplus
05-01-2011, 05:21 PM
if Denver made the trade they would have to get busy and find a QB that can be a nfl starting QB...jmo...

Superchop 7
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Top.....I have told you 10 times that Orton was much improved last year'

The trainwreck is Haynesworth....if any of you think "that" guy has changed ?

You are sadly mistaken.

topscribe
05-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Top.....I have told you 10 times that Orton was much improved last year'

The trainwreck is Haynesworth....if any of you think "that" guy has changed ?

You are sadly mistaken.

I didn't address that at you. I thought you were implying that another Orton
debate was about to explode, which, as I said, isn't going to happen. But I
don't remember ever debating with you about Orton.

Regarding Haynesworth, I don't think anything at this point. I meant if he
decided to play for Fox because of his relationship with Fox, then good things
could happen. But, as you implied, whether that would happen is questionable.

But I believe Shanny would be happy, one way or the other . . .

-----

LTC Pain
05-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Agreed. It's not likely that AH can go from dominating to quitting on his team to dominating again. Pass.

BeefStew25
05-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Orton for Jock Wackoff.

Lancane
05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
There was talk about such a trade before the draft even started and I'm sure that ESPN just ran with it once they got wind of it, let's not forget that Denver was looking at quarterbacks and some equated that with the rumor that the Broncos wanted to trade for Haynesworth. Is there any truth to it? I believe so, I think Denver has wanted to unload Orton who is not very well liked by the fandom even though the organization has continually talked him up by declaring that he is the starter, they also considered trading Tebow in my opinion if that option was available because they are not sold on him. That is why I think we saw them looking so hard at the top quarterback prospects in the draft. They just didn't like any of them better then those athletes they were high on that were on their draftboard. I would not be surprised if Denver eventually trades for Haynesworth by using Orton, and I would not be surprised if Denver signed a veteran to come in and compete with Quinn and Tebow for the starting position.

Orton is literally the best quarterback Denver has, but even with semi-decent quarterback play, Denver should have a pretty solid season with the schedule we have, Tebow will get his shot if such a trade happened, but I fully expect Denver to be in search for a quarterback in next years draft if Tebow hasn't improved to their liking.

It makes complete sense, but until there is an agreement in place and the NFL officially opens up for business this is all speculation. There will be a free agency period once the agreement is in place, that I have no doubt about...but it could be October before a trade could even be done.

CoachChaz
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Trading a never was for a use to be. Its a wash trade, but if Albert can play to half of his potential, he could be a stopgap for a year and a rotation guy next year once we acquire young talent. Worst case, we'd be no worse off. It would be interesting to see him on a team with Tebow, Doom, Dawk, Bailey and the handful of leaders we picked up this weekend. I dont think the team would let him quit.

You know what you're getting, so it can only get better from there. Would be interesting

SR
05-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I'd rather Denver go after Tommy Harris personally.

BroncoWave
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Well it's not like we'd be losing much in Orton, so really anything AH could give us at all would be a plus. Sign me up for this trade.

Lancane
05-01-2011, 06:37 PM
John Fox has never fielded a great defense with an All-Pro defensive tackle on the roster. Actually in all his years as a Head Coach, his units have only ever drafted one above average defensive tackle...he's always relied on better play from his linebackers and defensive ends. So, if Haynesworth came in and played at even half of his full ability, it's already more then John Fox has had in the past with his rosters. And if you take in how good some of those defenses were without a premier defensive tackle? Then Haynesworth would be a solid investment at this point.

Such a move would give Tebow a fair shot, but also Quinn. That would be fun to watch and see who comes up the better from a full head-on competition for the starting spot. Plus Orton will go to a team that is looking to win now, where he will be appreciated for those things he is good at and where he may flourish, I don't see any real problems from such a trade should it eventually happen.

MileHighCrew
05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
if Denver made the trade they would have to get busy and find a QB that can be a nfl starting QB...jmo...

Denver might have to look for a starting NFL QB either way

BroncoWave
05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
John Fox has never fielded a great defense with an All-Pro defensive tackle on the roster. Actually in all his years as a Head Coach, his units have only ever drafted one above average defensive tackle...he's always relied on better play from his linebackers and defensive ends. So, if Haynesworth came in and played at even half of his full ability, it's already more then John Fox has had in the past with his rosters. And if you take in how good some of those defenses were without a premier defensive tackle? Then Haynesworth would be a solid investment at this point.

Such a move would give Tebow a fair shot, but also Quinn. That would be fun to watch and see who comes up the better from a full head-on competition for the starting spot. Plus Orton will go to a team that is looking to win now, where he will be appreciated for those things he is good at and where he may flourish, I don't see any real problems from such a trade should it eventually happen.

Kris Jenkins?

atwater27
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
We don't need a Haynesworth. We need a young DT with upside, not an obscenely expensive diva with nowhere but down to go. We are rebuilding; you don't rebuild with an underachieving 30 year old who's best season was 6 years ago.

nevcraw
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I would be somewhat shocked if the FO who is clearly trying to build a strong character team brought in the likes of this dude. he is a cancer, oft trouble with the law, and seems to be an emotional midget. not exactly the hedache they need.. also as mentioned Orton is Jake plummer minus the rollout = not a shanny fit.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
From article -

Once the draft had concluded, Shanahan was asked about his plans for the position, and again declined to disclose how the Redskins would part ways with Donovan McNabb, or who would start this season.

“We’ve got a lot of different directions we could go,” Shanahan said. “I can’t share our whole gameplan with you now for obvious reasons, but we do have a plan.”

Pressed further on whether the decision not to draft a quarterback indicated Washington already has its passer on the roster, Shanahan expressed a belief in the ability of John Beck, who was the third string quarterback last season. With Rex Grossman a free agent, Beck is the only quarterback certain of being with the team in 2011.

“Let me say, when John Beck did come out [of college], I had him rated as the top quarterback coming out that year, and I didn’t even think it was close,” said Shanahan, who traded with Baltimore last August to get Beck. “I had a lot of confidence in John Beck when he came out in 2007. I evaluate the quarterbacks every year, and I do have confidence in John Beck. He was by far my No. 1 guy. I think the world of him.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/shanahan-high-on-john-beck/2011/04/30/AFLX5rSF_blog.html

Lancane
05-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Kris Jenkins?

Kris Jenkins was drafted before Fox was made the head coach. And a lot of people felt it was John Fox's defense that got him to the Pro-Bowl as many times as he did, because once he left, he has never been as good as he looked in Carolina nor mentally as well prepared...when you take in the talent Jenkins had around him, then it's easy enough to believe that he was made better by the talent around him as well as the system. Fox has never personally drafted an above average defensive tackle himself. I know Jenkins is a pretty solid defensive tackle, I think we at one time were looking to trade for him when Shanahan was still the head coach.

So, is Jenkins better then Haynesworth? I guess that would be a fair debate to have, but the point I made still stands, that it was those around Jenkins that made the defense what it was more then he did as their only solid defensive tackle. It was the issues that plagued their once solid linebacker corps and the loss of Peppers that really demolished their defense as a unit.

Lancane
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
From article -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/shanahan-high-on-john-beck/2011/04/30/AFLX5rSF_blog.html

John Beck has an interesting history in the league, he's never been successful and been on two teams in need of solid quarterback play. But Shanahan is rather high on him, unless it's more of his traditional smoke and mirrors, but Beck has continually had porous showings, with maybe one or two good pre-season games.

Deep down I'm wondering if Shanahan is going senile!

KCL
05-01-2011, 07:18 PM
At first I thought this thread was going to be about Branden Albert.

Dzone
05-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Yes, try for Tommy Harris...I dont know about haynesworth. Is he any good any more? Fat and out of shape is what I recall. His best days are probably behind him. Plus, he has a bad pattern of behavior. He is another Jawalrus Russell.

KCL
05-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't be a huge fan of the deal but don't forget that Albert is a top DT in this league in the 4-3 when he's trying. He gave up when Shanny went to the 3-4 but maybe he'll be motivated to show everyone he can still play if we put him in a 4-3.

He should have been motivated by that fat paycheck no matter what!

Denver27og
05-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Orton is going to be Denver's starting QB this year. THey won't trade him

please i hope not

Lonestar
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Might have been said before love to have him without his gazillion dollar contract.

If he will sign a performance based contract no issue. Let him earn his money. Then pay for what is Produced.

If he is a cancer deduct money, if a leader add money.

But that would be the only way.

Lonestar
05-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Let me add because I know he would not do that thatwana i so not expect him on the team.

I have heard it adnasuem that player will not actually work for their paycheck (that is What they are implying) is never get the super stud.

Guess what folks I would be ok with that and probably win more than my share.

Still believe in TEAM first. .

HORSEPOWER 56
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I call BS on this. Firstly, Orton doesn't fit Shanahan's type of offense. Can't stretch out a play when things break down and isn't a "motion" type of QB.

Secondly, if this rumor had merit, I'm amused (but not surprised) that we would again be bring in another older player on the downside of his career. Same ol', sam ol' shit!

I will say they did address many of the defensive holes, so next year rebuilding the interior of the DL must be priority number one.

I honestly can't for sure say that Shanny actual does prefer "motion" QBs. Elway was who he was and was here first. Shanny drafted Griese who was about as immobile as Orton. We signed Plummer and I think Shanny booted him out all the time because a) Plummer wasn't a great pocker passer, b) it limited his options (reads) to 50% of the field, and c) it helped the O-line (which at the time was undersized for pass blocking) pass protect better.

When we drafted Cutler, Shanny talked about one of the big reasons was that he wanted a guy who could stand in the pocket and make all the throws. You never know, Shanny might like Orton for some reason. Probably because he doesn't take risks...

TXBRONC
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
He should have been motivated by that fat paycheck no matter what!

No kidding. Fat, lazy, and immature. :tsk:

Sinthor
05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't think there's any way this will happen first of all. Secondly, I don't think I'd WANT it to happen. Way too much risk involved. Haynesworth has shown he's bad news just waiting to happen. Even if you could guarantee he'd work out, he's the kind of player you add when you're one step away from making it big, not when you're rebuilding. His salary would just be too huge as well, I would think.

topscribe
05-01-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't think there's any way this will happen first of all. Secondly, I don't think I'd WANT it to happen. Way too much risk involved. Haynesworth has shown he's bad news just waiting to happen. Even if you could guarantee he'd work out, he's the kind of player you add when you're one step away from making it big, not when you're rebuilding. His salary would just be too huge as well, I would think.

Of course, the original OP was whether there is any truth to the rumor.

As to whether it SHOULD happen, would the Broncos (I almost said "we") want
to ship off a QB who we know can pass the defense dizzy for a DT who may
be out of shape, in a chronic self-centered, bad attitude, and who may be a
has-been, anyway?

I kind of agree with Ravage (wow, Ravage and I agree?) here: Orton is the ONE
QB Fox and Elway KNOW has the experience to take the offense from the
start and run it. Are they going to trade him off and put complete faith into
a still untried, still first-year (on the field) QB and a "never was" back up
(Quinn)? Personally, I hope they don't.

-----

Davii
05-02-2011, 01:24 AM
I would hate this move. I don't care if he comes to the Broncos and goes to every probowl, etc. I would never cheer for the guy, and I damn sure wouldn't buy a jersey with his name on the back.

Poet
05-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Haynesworth in his last year at Tennessee was robbed of DPOTY.

If you get that guy, and he has that capability, imo, it would be worth it from the football stand point.

My guess is that it would be a one year honey moon. Haynesworth was good in Tennessee, slacked off, and then picked up his play after earning the nickname 'head stomp' and wanted to get a big payday.

He goes to Washington, gets upset that he switches from being a 4-3 player who would line up at any position to a 3-4 NT. Is he capable of being a great 3-4 NT? Yeah, he's that talented. He can do anything on the defensive line in about any scheme.

So, I would guess that he shows up to Denver, wanting to get back to his favored position and wanting to make Washington and Shanahan look stupid.

But there's always something with this guy, I don't think smooth sailing would last long.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes, try for Tommy Harris...I dont know about haynesworth. Is he any good any more? Fat and out of shape is what I recall. His best days are probably behind him. Plus, he has a bad pattern of behavior. He is another Jawalrus Russell.

Harris very easily could be more of the same. What does he have left in the tank? Mebane and Jenkins would be the guys I would go after. There is only one problem with pursuing Mebane he could come at a very high price because I just read the Seahawks would like to have him back.

BroncoJoe
05-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Is he really that expensive? Most of his $100MM was guaranteed upfront, and I believe has been paid already. From the Washington Post:

Haynesworth has base salaries of $3.6 million this season and $5.4 million in 2011. Under the terms of Haynesworth's contract, those salaries are no longer guaranteed because he skipped the mandatory June minicamp, one of the sources said. So Haynesworth's total guaranteed payout was $32 million in the first 14 months of the deal.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Haynesworth in his last year at Tennessee was robbed of DPOTY.

If you get that guy, and he has that capability, imo, it would be worth it from the football stand point.

My guess is that it would be a one year honey moon. Haynesworth was good in Tennessee, slacked off, and then picked up his play after earning the nickname 'head stomp' and wanted to get a big payday.

He goes to Washington, gets upset that he switches from being a 4-3 player who would line up at any position to a 3-4 NT. Is he capable of being a great 3-4 NT? Yeah, he's that talented. He can do anything on the defensive line in about any scheme.

So, I would guess that he shows up to Denver, wanting to get back to his favored position and wanting to make Washington and Shanahan look stupid.

But there's always something with this guy, I don't think smooth sailing would last long.

When he was a free agent the first time around there were a lot people saying we should pursue this guy to be our nose tackle in our new 3-4 defense. I said back then he would never go for that because he wouldn't he hard work being a nose tackle requires. If he's motivated he would be terrific in our 4-3 talent wise. But this guys had quite on his team just because he didn't want to play nose tackle. What's to say he comes to Denver something doesn't go his way and then lays his fat ass down again on the job. No thanks. Like you lots of talent but the guy comes with WAY to much baggage.

BroncoJoe
05-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Also this from PFT:

With the Redskins paying defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth a $21 million bonus last week, we’re told that the practical length and value of his contract is three years, $16 million, with $9 million guaranteed.

As a league source opined, “Every team in the NFL would have interest in that.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/06/at-three-years-and-16-million-haynesworth-contract-is-now-very-tradeable/

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Might have been said before love to have him without his gazillion dollar contract.

If he will sign a performance based contract no issue. Let him earn his money. Then pay for what is Produced.

If he is a cancer deduct money, if a leader add money.

But that would be the only way.

I doubt he would go for that and I bet there will be some team willing to offer him a contract that isn't incentive based.

BeefStew25
05-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Also this from PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/06/at-three-years-and-16-million-haynesworth-contract-is-now-very-tradeable/

Totally. What did we pay Jarvis Green before he was cut?

Plus Orton is jaded now. Get him out.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Totally. What did we pay Jarvis Green before he was cut?

Plus Orton is jaded now. Get him out.

If that's EFX's intentions it may not be possible because of the labor dispute.

BeefStew25
05-02-2011, 09:34 AM
If that's EFX's intentions it may not be possible because of the labor dispute.

Well yeah, but somthing is going to happen.

There will be football this year.

Tex, you have my double stamped T-back whale tale guarantee on that, you steer.

BORDERLINE
05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
player and coach relation is paramount. If Fox feels he can get performance from Albert than pull the trigger on the deal. But if there is any doubt as to the effort and attitude he brings to Denver then leave his azz laying on the field with Vick running all over.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Well yeah, but somthing is going to happen.

There will be football this year.

Tex, you have my double stamped T-back whale tale guarantee on that, you steer.

I agree there will be a season but if the dispute lasts until August or September I've Denver may be reluctant to ship Orton off.

BeefStew25
05-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree there will be a season but if the dispute lasts until August or September I've Denver may be reluctant to ship Orton off.

I suppose.

Tex, I had a dream that Von and Nate were flying around knocking some heads together.

I also had a dream Marcus Thomas was re-signed and worked the middle decently.

I have a dream that one day LB's and DT's will live together in harmony with a Top Ten defense. I have a dream.

BeefStew25
05-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I have a dream my coffee is kicking in.

BRB.

Day1BroncoFan
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I doubt if anything will ever make haynesworth any thing more than he has shown himslef to be right now.

Worthless piece of dung.

Juriga72
05-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Having Orton sit behind Grossman again... priceless

Denver Native (Carol)
05-02-2011, 11:16 AM
John Elway was ask this morning on the Vic/Gary show about Haynesworth:

You can hear what he said, on the thread I started.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245693

topscribe
05-02-2011, 11:51 AM
John Elway was ask this morning on the Vic/Gary show about Haynesworth:

You can hear what he said, on the thread I started.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245693

Well, he shot that down, didn't he?

Can't say as I'm disappointed . . .

-----

vandammage13
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM

That would be so hilarious.....poetic even.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 01:48 PM

That would be funny. :lol:

Seriously, from what I heard during the draft Beck might actually be the Redskins starting quarterback this year.

slim
05-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Well, he shot that down, didn't he?

Can't say as I'm disappointed . . .

-----

John didn't even hesitate...I don't think he was blowing smoke, either.

topscribe
05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
That would be funny. :lol:

Seriously, from what I heard during the draft Beck might actually be the Redskins starting quarterback this year.

Actually, Grossman sat behind Orton in 2008 and could not take back the job
even after Orton suffered the high ankle sprain in middle of the season.

But Shanny did emphatically say he likes Beck. Of course, it appears he has
no choice now. In his interview on The Ticket yesterday, Elway put to rest,
in no uncertain terms, the trade rumor.

Elway even promptly corrected Vic and Gary when they talked about Franklin
being able to protect Tebow's backside. Elway said they needed to protect
either the left- or right-handed QB, whoever it will be at the time.

Doesn't sound as if Elway is all that eager to ship Orton off. Why would he
be if he's not so sure whether or not he would start? Who (outside of McD)
wants to get rid of the starter? It seems they want to be sure first . . .

-----

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Actually, Grossman sat behind Orton in 2008 and could not take back the job
even after Orton suffered the high ankle sprain in middle of the season.

But Shanny did emphatically say he likes Beck. Of course, it appears he has
no choice now. In his interview on The Ticket yesterday, Elway put to rest,
in no uncertain terms, the trade rumor.

Elway even promptly corrected Vic and Gary when they talked about Franklin
being able to protect Tebow's backside. Elway said they needed to protect
either the left- or right-handed QB, whoever it will be at the time.

Doesn't sound as if Elway is all that eager to ship Orton off. Why would he
be if he's not so sure whether or not he would start? Who (outside of McD)
wants to get rid of the starter? It seems they want to be sure first . . .

-----

Orton went in the camp in '08 as the presumed from what I remember.

As far Elway's response about Franklin I wouldn't tie that meaning anything about Orton. Elway said you look for different things in right thing in a right tackle than you do a left tackle. The best pass rushers are usually lined up over the left tackle and teams wont flip them just because the quarterback is left handed.

topscribe
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Orton went in the camp in '08 as the presumed from what I remember.

As far Elway's response about Franklin I wouldn't tie that meaning anything about Orton. Elway said you look for different things in right thing in a right tackle than you do a left tackle. The best pass rushers are usually lined up over the left tackle and teams wont flip them just because the quarterback is left handed.

No, all preseason 2008 was a competition for QB, and Orton was named #1
just before the regular season, and he never relinquished it, even after his
high ankle sprain. I did a tremendous amount of reading and study (way
too much) on that.

And Elway did expressly say whoever that QB will be. He made no mistake
about it. And he said it right after Vic and Gary assumed Tebow would be
the QB the RT would protect.

Here is the interview (http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=740&f=76336). That part of the interview starts at about 7:40. He
said, "Whoever the QB is. The front side or back side, whoever it is."

-----

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
No, all preseason 2008 was a competition for QB, and Orton was named #1
just before the regular season, and he never relinquished it, even after his
high ankle sprain.

And Elway did expressly say whoever that QB will be. He made no mistake
about it. And he said it right after Vic and Gary assumed Tebow would be
the QB the RT would protect.

Here is the interview (http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=740&f=76336). That part of the interview starts at about 7:40.

-----

I've listened to it a couple of times Top. Picking Franklin has nothing to do with who the starting quarterback is. Elway said several things about what you for in a right tackle and why. He said you for a road grader whose strong in run game. That fits Franklin perfectly. He also said because League is predominantly right handed (I guessing he means quarterback) that team wont a right defensive end and move him to the left just so he's on a left handed quarterback's blind side.

Edit: Listening to John again I think you and just said the same thing. It has nothing to do with who the starting quarterback is. That said, it doesn't mean they're not thinking about trading Orton.

topscribe
05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I've listened to it a couple of times Top. Picking Franklin has nothing to do with who the starting quarterback is. Elway said several things about what you for in a right tackle and why. He said you for a road grader whose strong in run game. That fits Franklin perfectly. He also said because League is predominantly right handed (I guessing he means quarterback) that team wont a right defensive end and move him to the left just so he's on a left handed quarterback's blind side.

I don't think we need to write out a whole transcript here. Since I listened to
the whole thing twice and that part of it twice more, I think I have a pretty
good idea what was said by now.

The part I put into quotes, "Whoever the QB is. The front side or back
side, whoever it is," is exactly how Elway said it. Thus, the quotes.

-----

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't think we need to write out a whole transcript here. Since I listened to
the whole thing twice and that part of it twice more, I think I have a pretty
good idea what was said by now.

The part I put into quotes, "Whoever the QB is. The front side or back
side, whoever it is," is exactly how Elway said it. Thus, the quotes.

-----

As I've said I've listened multiple times myself and so I think I have pretty good idea of what he said as well.

topscribe
05-02-2011, 03:18 PM
As I've said I've listened multiple times myself and so I think I have pretty good idea of what he said as well.

Okay, so we came away with different impressions. Let's leave it at that?

But what I put into quotes is indeed exactly how Elway said it. And I included
the link for anyone else who might want to listen to it. It was a pretty good
interview and included a lot more than what we were discussing here (as you
know -- I was saying that for others).

-----

Ravage!!!
05-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I dislike Orton's lack of playmaking abilities as much as anyone (well, not some.. some are just ridiculous)... but listening to Jaws, he is EMPHATIC that Orton will not only be the starter at the beginning of the season, but would be throughout (barring injury...which is funny as it is). He was VERY sure in making statements that Tebow is just NOT READY, and hasn't seen anything that would make him believe that he's ready to make the reads, nor the throws, in the NFL.

Believe me, I'm not excited about the thought of Orton being our guy, but we'll have to accept that McDaniels has put us in this bind.

topscribe
05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
I dislike Orton's lack of playmaking abilities as much as anyone (well, not some.. some are just ridiculous)... but listening to Jaws, he is EMPHATIC that Orton will not only be the starter at the beginning of the season, but would be throughout (barring injury...which is funny as it is). He was VERY sure in making statements that Tebow is just NOT READY, and hasn't seen anything that would make him believe that he's ready to make the reads, nor the throws, in the NFL.

Believe me, I'm not excited about the thought of Orton being our guy, but we'll have to accept that McDaniels has put us in this bind.

Guess you're just stuck, Rav. :D

-----

Ravage!!!
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Guess you're just stuck, Rav. :D

-----

thats the right word.. .stuck. THe broncos are stuck and f***** right now because of it. Even though I don't think Tebow will ever work out as a NFL QB, I would much rather he be the starter just to give me something to enjoy watching.

But.. :shrug: I'll just have to wait through one more season.

topscribe
05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
thats the right word.. .stuck. THe broncos are stuck and f***** right now because of it. Even though I don't think Tebow will ever work out as a NFL QB, I would much rather he be the starter just to give me something to enjoy watching.

Rav, you'll enjoy watching if the Broncos win, Orton and all.

And, with Fox at the helm, I wouldn't count them out . . .

-----

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Jaws probably sees a lot of himself in Orton. :D

SOCALORADO.
05-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Yeah, Rav just relax man.
Orton will blow, and you will get your QB of the future next year!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CYd9ReYdOsQ/TafXLa8zPPI/AAAAAAAAAL4/KT5S5S_s3Tc/s1600/Matt%2BBarkley%2B-%2BUSC.jpg

LOL!

broncogirl7
05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
This would be such a huge mistake if it's true. Can't stand the guy, but wonder if that's why the Redskins didn't draft a quarterback! Don't do it Denver! That's the last thing the Broncos need...crybaby, non-team player!

Day1BroncoFan
05-02-2011, 07:21 PM
This myth was blown out of the water a couple of posts back.

And I am one happy sumbeach it ain't happenin'.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
This myth was blown out of the water a couple of posts back.

And I am one happy sumbeach it ain't happenin'.

What that Orton might be traded to the Redskins?

Day1BroncoFan
05-02-2011, 10:30 PM
What that Orton might be traded to the Redskins?

That he'll be traded for haynesworth.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
While much to the chagrin of other posters in these forums, I'm not saying I'm a fan of this, but Orton is our starting QB at this point. Tebow showed me some good things at the end of the year last year, but he's not ready to drive Pat Bowlen's car. Too many character concerns with Haynesworth to trade a starting QB for him even with the hole he'd fill.