PDA

View Full Version : There's always next year...

ChampWJ
10-20-2008, 10:31 PM
This is pathetic. Losing 3 out of 4 when the Chargers practically handed them the division lead. Worst defense in the NFL, especially without Champ. The offense has been inept for 4 games. They give games away, and show no heart to try and recover from mistakes.

That is all. 8-8 here we come.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
At least vs NO and SD we played very dangerous offenses. There is no excuse to get smoked by a Cassell led offense.

I love the draft, but it's still abit early to focus on it.

ChampWJ
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
At least vs NO and SD we played very dangerous offenses. There is no excuse to get smoked by a Cassell led offense.

I love the draft, but it's still abit early to focus on it.

We are lucky to be 4-3. Without Hochuli's call and Gramatica's miss we would be 2-5. This game was over when Cutler hurt his hand on the first play.

Medford Bronco
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
It was the running game that killed us tonight not Cassel

The denver offense handed the ball away then the defense (as usual) could not stop anyone. oh well

the chargers are looking good to win the west still

this sux

Northman
10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Disappointing no doubt. Not writing off the season yet but this team has shown no real improvement from the first 3 weeks.

ChampWJ
10-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Disappointing no doubt. Not writing off the season yet but this team has shown no real improvement from the first 3 weeks.

This team is no better than last year's squad. The defense might actually be worse.

Northman
10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
This team is no better than last year's squad. The defense might actually be worse.

Oh, i think we can definitely say its worse.

Traveler
10-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Usually teams show some improvement as the season goes along. Denver gets worse.

Now get prepared for the standard look at the film to see what need need to do to get better. Or we need to look in the mirror, blah, blah, blah....

ChampWJ
10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Usually teams show some improvement as the season goes along. Denver gets worse.

Now get prepared for the standard look at the film to see what need need to do to get better. Or we need to look in the mirror, blah, blah, blah....

And the usual "no its not time to panic Broncos fans" drivel that will be spouted out this week.

MasterShake
10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Ack....I'm one of the biggest Bronco apologists out there and I have nothing good to say about this team right now. This team had a chance to define itself as an offensive powerhouse that could start fast and suffocate teams with points despite its shaky defense. Now we are just a mediocre (maybe even bad?) team who has been figured out less than 8 weeks in. Thank god our division sucks.

I fully expect this team to bounce back BIG on my birthday after the BYE week. If not, it doesn't matter if they win any more games this year to me. If they do not absolutely CRUSH the Dolphins at home and not commit any turnovers this team has absolutely no character or pride. As it stands right now, no excuses-we suck. Prove me wrong.

I really don't care how the season pans out, I just want to see some heart back in these guys. Once that comes, the wins come and then it starts to be fun again. Until then, I remain very skeptical.

Oh well, I'd still rather be a Bronco fan than any other team.

Reidman
10-20-2008, 11:11 PM
ATTENTION:

To any and all teams wanting to pad their stats and make their 2nd and 3rd
stringers look like well-oiled efficient offensive machines, play the Broncos...

I tried to be positive but games like this make it next to impossible..

I'm not writing them off either but if they keep going like this, playoffs are a pipe dream...

sneakers
10-20-2008, 11:14 PM
We are lucky to be 4-3. Without Hochuli's call and Gramatica's miss we would be 2-5. This game was over when Cutler hurt his hand on the first play.

Regardless, we still are 4-3.

CrazyHorse
10-20-2008, 11:16 PM
WAIT... there is still this year! Maybe Mike Nolan can be our DC and Torain can come back from injury then we can be awesome. Maybe.. just maybe

CrazyHorse
10-20-2008, 11:17 PM

Damn Straight!!!

At least we aren't Dallas

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 11:20 PM

This loss sucks, but it would have still been a loss if we lost by 1 point. Hopefully this pwnage will light a fire under a few asses.

broncophan
10-21-2008, 06:06 AM
4-3 and first place......we have to be the biggest fraud of a first place team in the nfl....

.....a couple years ago we were 7-4.....and we benched our veteran qb....because he didn't give the team "the best chance to win"......that's when I said "there's always next year"....or I should say....."there's always 3 or 4 years from now"

So what do we do this year to give the team the best chance to win????......maybe benching our entire starting:confused: defense would be a good place to start...

We can't blame Cutler......yet.......

gobroncsnv
10-21-2008, 07:09 AM

Not so sure he's off limits... we darn sure can't say he doesn't make the same mistake twice anymore... I admire his wanting to play through the pain, but you still have to throw it to the guys on your own team, if you're the one taking snaps. If a messed up finger makes you throw bad passes, get off the field.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:14 AM

The defense is MUCH worse...

Most here figured Denver was an 8-8 team this year...

Until the issues with Denver's front 7 are addressed on defense (and now I'm starting to slide over to the fire Slow-lick group), that's the best Denver will be...

Jerz
10-21-2008, 07:38 AM

Isnt that scary

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 07:42 AM
I truly think any team in the NFL can spank us right now. The offense plays without passion and the defense just plain sucks.

Broncolingus
10-21-2008, 07:44 AM
I truly think any team in the NFL can spank us right now. The offense plays without passion and the defense just plain sucks.

Let's not be insensitive and leave the Coaching out in the cold...

LRtagger
10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Damn Straight!!!

At least we aren't Dallas

It's funny you should say that because we are in the exact same boat as Dallas, just with less talent, lower expectations and a weaker division. Hell we have even won and lost in the same weeks so far this year.

I just hope we do not lose our QB to a broken finger.

MasterShake
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
4-3 and first place......we have to be the biggest fraud of a first place team in the nfl....

.....a couple years ago we were 7-4.....and we benched our veteran qb....because he didn't give the team "the best chance to win"......that's when I said "there's always next year"....or I should say....."there's always 3 or 4 years from now"

So what do we do this year to give the team the best chance to win????......maybe benching our entire starting:confused: defense would be a good place to start...

I think we were 7-2 when we benched him. Remember early that season the Defense did not allow a touchdown for like 16 qaurters or something?

broncophan
10-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I think we were 7-2 when we benched him. Remember early that season the Defense did not allow a touchdown for like 16 qaurters or something?

Yea......I think we were 7-2 and lost the next 2....then benched Plummer when we were 7-4.....I could be wrong though.....:D

You are right.....our defense bailed out our offense big time early that season......then after a great defensive start to the season, I think we gave up like 40 some points to some team.....can't remember who though.

For Cutler to succeed AS HE LEARNS.....the team needs to be able to rely on their defense.....imo.....obviously......that's a funny statement right now...

Cutler has a losing record as a starter......I wonder how much time we give him..???

EastCoastBronco
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
I was in Foxboro last night lads and I took a 4 quarter verbal beating. I'm still sore from the taunts and such...I'll post some pics tomorrow...pics of the 2 or 3 plays before it went south...;-)
As soon as we turned the ball over the second time I knew we were pooched. To make matters worse, the buddy I went with is a Pats fan....Oh Well..
On the upside, they sure have a beautiful complex there. Simply amazing.

BroncoWave
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM

No we were 7-4. We did start 7-2 but we benched Plummer after the Thanksgiving loss to KC that dropped us to 7-4.

horsepig
10-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Mike Nolan will help a lot, duh, Ryan Torain is the next coming of TD-RIGHT

jrelway
10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
can we put torain in as a LB?

weazel
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
this team has gotten worse as the season passes the last few seasons, why did anyone think THIS version was going to be any different.

Broncos seasons are a lot like Broncos games. The first half is decent, but the second half is downright brutal.

2- Minute Warning
10-22-2008, 06:42 PM
They need to wake up THIS YEAR!
Enough is enough, fans have been way too patient.

ChampWJ
11-02-2008, 07:14 PM
For all those who didn't think our season was over after the NE game...............bump! I am definitely regretting spending my money to buy tickets to 3 games this year.

Broncolingus
11-02-2008, 07:21 PM
For all those who didn't think our season was over after the NE game...............bump! I am definitely regretting spending my money to buy tickets to 3 games this year.

Ah, go enjoy the games...

...Denver is - assuming some positions on defense are addressed and fixed and at a minimum - 2-3 years away from being competitive for the postseason.

In the meantime, I'm sure you'll still enjoy yourself...

BroncoJoe
11-02-2008, 07:22 PM

...Denver is - assuming some positions on defense are addressed and fixed and at a minimum - 2-3 years away from being competitive for the postseason.

Defense isn't the problem.

ChampWJ
11-02-2008, 07:22 PM

This team isn't worth $96 a seat. I'm done being optimistic.

ChampWJ
11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Defense isn't the problem.

A stop after we pulled to within 2 with 11 minutes left would have been nice considering they did have a 3rd and 19 at one point, and hadn't converted a single 3rd down over 10 yards ALL SEASON.