PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore

Superchop 7
04-30-2011, 06:25 AM
How in the hell did you get drafted this high?

Do the Broncos actually have tape?

Have a nice 2 year career.

pipes
04-30-2011, 07:03 AM

Umm...cause that's where he was supposed to go! He was the top safety according to NFLN and ESPN, so I don't understand your butthurtedness....

claymore
04-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Im buying Raheem Moore's Jersey. :werd:

TXBRONC
04-30-2011, 08:09 AM
I am disappointed that we didn't draft a defensive tackle but if it works then I'll be happy.

Juriga72
04-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Umm...cause that's where he was supposed to go! He was the top safety according to NFLN and ESPN, so I don't understand your butthurtedness....

So your saying "The BEST safety in this years draft went where he was supposed to go" at the 13th pick of the second round.

"He's THAT good!!!!"

um.... if he's "THAT good" wouldn't you think that he should be aoh...say....like a top 15 pick not the 45th pick.

Juriga72
04-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Im buying Raheem Moore's Jersey. :werd:

It would probably be from "Kn ock off city" then....

Cause RahImm Moore thinks thats pretty funny

The Latest: Rahim Moore to the Broncos — 4/29/2011

claymore
04-30-2011, 09:48 AM
It would probably be from "Kn ock off city" then....

Cause RahImm Moore thinks thats pretty funny

The Latest: Rahim Moore to the Broncos — 4/29/2011

Blame his parents for naming him something fancy. :werd:

chazoe60
04-30-2011, 10:11 AM
OMG if we would have just drafted any DT we would be in the SB.

S T F U already you whiney bitches.

rcsodak
04-30-2011, 10:15 AM

:coffee:

SoCalImport
04-30-2011, 10:19 AM

way to make a personal attack without technically making a personal attack.

I Eat Staples
04-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Um Rahim Moore was projected as a first rounder. He's going to be an immediate starter for us.

I'm also unhappy that we didn't draft a DT but that's no reason to diss the players we did get. I don't think Moore will be a pro bowler but he should be a decent starter for us for years.

Ravage!!!
04-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Funny. I"m pretty sure that Fox is able to dissect game tape of defensive players better than those complaining that we took the top safety (a position of DIRE need) in the second round.

Agent of Orange
04-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Um Rahim Moore was projected as a first rounder. He's going to be an immediate starter for us.

I'm also unhappy that we didn't draft a DT but that's no reason to diss the players we did get. I don't think Moore will be a pro bowler but he should be a decent starter for us for years.

If he gets a lot of INTs he will. It could happen. He's a ball hawk and Denver has two guys who can bring pressure.

pipes
04-30-2011, 10:43 AM
So your saying "The BEST safety in this years draft went where he was supposed to go" at the 13th pick of the second round.

"He's THAT good!!!!"

um.... if he's "THAT good" wouldn't you think that he should be aoh...say....like a top 15 pick not the 45th pick.

What are you saying, read it back to yourself .... only r e a l s l o w.
I said that Moore was rated as the best safety in this year's draft in both NFLN and ESPN's board.

I also said that he went where he should, in the first part of the second round. If I said he was the 15th best prospect, I would assume he'd go around the 15th pick.

But no, I thought he was around the say 45th best prospect which is where he went, there wasn't a better S prospect in this year's draft in my opinion and in many other's opinion.

nevcraw
04-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I like this pick.. dude played on a shitty D last year and his play dropped some --not unheard of.

you just cant plz everyone.. clearly..

jhildebrand
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
The guy has ball tracking and the ability to fight for INTs better than most DB's.

I like the Moore pick

DenBronx
04-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I love the pick. Moore said today that he idolizes Dawkins and Bailey and can't wait to learn from them. He even has pictures of them on his computer and phone.

The report of him being star struck is here. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/04/29/new-safety-gushes-about-broncos-veteran-dbs/7407/

I don't get all the grief on this kid from some of you. This is a very weak safety class but Moore is really the only stand out and yes worthy of a 1st round pick. It just so happens teams had other areas of need and Moore fell to us in the 2nd.

Agent of Orange
04-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I love the pick. Moore said today that he idolizes Dawkins and Bailey and can't wait to learn from them. He even has pictures of them on his computer and phone.

The report of him being star struck is here. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/04/29/new-safety-gushes-about-broncos-veteran-dbs/7407/

I don't get all the grief on this kid from some of you. This is a very weak safety class but Moore is really the only stand out and yes worthy of a 1st round pick. It just so happens teams had other areas of need and Moore fell to us in the 2nd.

I wonder if Dawkins gets released?

Montana Battlin Bear
04-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Sweet Thread Bro!

DenBronx
04-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I wonder if Dawkins gets released?

Possible but my money is on Hill getting released first. I would think Dawkins will be here to mentor these guys at least another year.

Dzone
04-30-2011, 04:02 PM
He and QC are going to be unbelievable. Wow! We are cleaning up in this draft

TXBRONC
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
:coffee:

You drink way to much coffee. ;)

muse
05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Possible but my money is on Hill getting released first. I would think Dawkins will be here to mentor these guys at least another year.

Hill getting released would make no sense IMO, he was a very solid player last year in coverage. As much as I love Dawkins, I'd rather keep the player who can play. That said, with a much improved pass rush, Dawkins may not be so exposed in coverage, so who knows...that definitely played a factor in the drop off from '09 to '10.

I still dislike the Moore pick. Yes, taking Paea at that spot instead may have been a tiny bit of a reach, but personally, I can't see him beating out McBath, provided that he stays healthy and to this point, his injuries have been due to misfortune rather than being of the chronic variety (Haloti Ngata will ruin anyone's ankle). Their strengths and weaknesses are pretty much identical - centrefielder/ball hawk/slightly lacking in strength/not explosive tacklers. From what I've seen, McBath is also better in man. I dunno, maybe it gives us flexibility in safety rotation if Carter pans out (ability to field two centrefield type players in passing situations or using one as a big nickel), but a 2nd is a high choice to spend on a guy who we essentially already have on the roster. The camp battle between the two will be interesting.

Lancane
05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Moore and Carter were two of the better safeties in this class, Moore had a low first to a high second round draft grade, Carter had a solid second round draft grade. We got the best free safety prospect in this draft after he should have been long off the boards and another good safety prospect two rounds after where he was graded? How is this a bad thing?

Granted, I thought we would have drafted Marvin Austin in the second, but Moore is a higher graded prospect and is considered by many to be a steal at the position in which we drafted him at. He's a true cover safety with tremendous ball-hawk skills. Carter is pretty solid in coverage but a far better tackler and will likely be moved to strong safety and is in my opinion also a steal because I believe he was a much better prospect then his draft grade.

Denver27og
05-01-2011, 09:14 PM
why are yall bitchin??

WE HAVENT HAD A GOOD FAST COVER SAFETY FOR A LONG LONG TIME

Elway knew that too.. they will grab some big bodies..

ide rather have playmakers anyway

TXBRONC
05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
why are yall bitchin??

WE HAVENT HAD A GOOD FAST COVER SAFETY FOR A LONG LONG TIME

Elway knew that too.. they will grab some big bodies..

ide rather have playmakers anyway

Great defensive tackles help play maker be play makers.

Denver27og
05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Great defensive tackles help play maker be play makers.

kind of rare for a rookie DT to come in and be great his first year.. im thinking they wanted players that would all contribute right away.. maybe we will be starting 2 rookie safties by the end of this year...

SmilinAssasSin27
05-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Safety rankings from one of my fav sites...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/S.php

We have 2 and 3...and 1 may be a CB.

topscribe
05-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Chazzy, I have a pet rattlesnake.

Would you babysit him for me?

-----

hamrob
05-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Moore is a free safety that has good instincts and ball skills. He needs to improve his tackling ability, but he definitely finds the ball in the air.

I'm o.k with the pick.

Personally, I would have taken Leshoure and Franklin. We could have still picked Carter (who was my #1 safety). Taking both Moore and Carter means that we are going to clean house in the Safety department. I hope we keep Bruton, because he has earned his spot on Special teams.

SOCALORADO.
05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Moore = Mcbath
Carter was a great pick though. Best pick of the DEN draft.

TXBRONC
05-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Moore = Mcbath
Carter was a great pick though. Best pick of the DEN draft.

I don't agree from what I've read he sounds like he be light years ahead of McBath.

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
moore = mcbath
carter was a great pick though. Best pick of the den draft.

wow

SOCALORADO.
05-02-2011, 10:38 AM
wow

Wait. Obviously i like the Miller pick. That was a given i thought.
AFTER! that pick i think Carter was a great pick for where he was taken. Good value. I actually like the Franklin pick too.

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Wait. Obviously i like the Miller pick. That was a given i thought.
AFTER! that pick i think Carter was a great pick for where he was taken. Good value. I actually like the Franklin pick too.

I like Carter more tha Moore as well, but I dont know that I'd compare him to McBath. Although, I actually think McBath could be a decent rotational safety if he could stay healthy.

I think Moore has a lot more potential than McBath does though. I guess we'll see eventually.

G_Money
05-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm fine with McBath for special teams and as our emergency safety, but I don't want him starting. Not unless he improves in several areas.

Moore has a ton of potential, but I like Carter better out of the gate, and I like Carter's chances to reach his potential more than Moore's. Still, Rahim has a chance at greatness and I don't begrudge the pick. Much. ;)

I just hope both our new safeties are sponges and quick learners.

~G

CoachChaz
05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm fine with McBath for special teams and as our emergency safety, but I don't want him starting. Not unless he improves in several areas.

Moore has a ton of potential, but I like Carter better out of the gate, and I like Carter's chances to reach his potential more than Moore's. Still, Rahim has a chance at greatness and I don't begrudge the pick. Much. ;)

I just hope both our new safeties are sponges and quick learners.

~G

They have a pretty solid guy to learn from

slim
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
When is the last time we had a ball hawk playing safety?