Superchop 7
04-30-2011, 06:13 AM
First pick //.....great.

Next 3....you gotta be kidding me.

Xanders.......freaking Xanders.

GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR NEXT JOB.

camdisco24
04-30-2011, 06:27 AM
I disagree. We easily got 4 starters who can be effective right away. I don't see how its a bust of a draft yet.... lets wait and see what we do with the rest of our picks.

TXBRONC
04-30-2011, 06:48 AM
I disagree. We easily got 4 starters who can be effective right away. I don't see how its a bust of a draft yet.... lets wait and see what we do with the rest of our picks.

I think we got two for sure but I am disappointed that they didn't take a defensive tackle.

TXBRONC
04-30-2011, 06:53 AM
First pick //.....great.

Next 3....you gotta be kidding me.

Xanders.......freaking Xanders.

GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR NEXT JOB.

Chop I hear what you're saying but Xanders isn't the only one who is culpable. Elway and Fox are just as responsible if this thing doesn't work.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-30-2011, 06:57 AM
I think we got two for sure but I am disappointed that they didn't take a defensive tackle.

Simply by value Moore was higher than Austin & Paea but I'd like to hear why they did it...

All will be forgiven if we get a good starting DT in FA...

I'd also like to hear the explanation of why Irving over M Wilson or the other LB's.

I get the Miller & Franklin picks, not so much Moore & Irving...

Juriga72
04-30-2011, 07:53 AM
I am really surprised we didnt take a running back this year #2.

Oh well..... we do need to fill out our punter/Kicker spots so I hope they take guys soon!!!!!

TXBRONC
04-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Simply by value Moore was higher than Austin & Paea but I'd like to hear why they did it...

I'd also like to hear the explanation of why Irving over M Wilson or the other LB's.

Getting a good defensive tackle in free agency is near to impossible. I'm wondering if Fox thinks the defensive tackles he has on the roster will be able to do the job. :ponder:

Taking the offensive tackle didn't bother me but I am concerned that Denver passed on all those defensive tackles.

horsepig
04-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Krieger has a good name for the new defense: the doughnut.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so painful.

Northman
04-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Miller is the top rated LB in the draft. Irving is a beast of a LB as ive seen him in many games so i think we got two very talented players there. Dont know much about Moore or Franklin and was hoping for a DT but will have to wait and see how they pan out. Safety was a need but i thought we could get Black later on but Moore was rated higher.

camdisco24
04-30-2011, 08:47 AM

I think Irving is really going to impress you. I can't say the same for Moore, because I simply don't know enough about him, but Irving is a BEAST.

Agent of Orange
04-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Chop I hear what you're saying but Xanders isn't the only one who is culpable. Elway and Fox are just as responsible if this thing doesn't work.

This could also be an indictment of Bowlen's money situation. DTs are somewhat risky (albeit highly necessary), and Bowlens finances may only allow for minimum risk. Theyre taking positions where theres a greater success rate and it seems they may try to get some DTs in FA where they feel they know what theyre paying for.

Juriga72
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM
2009 Denver Bronco defense-

#3-Passing D
#26 Rushing D

Welcome to 2011 folks.....

Lonestar
04-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Krieger has a good name for the new defense: the doughnut.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so painful.

I will for you. After a decade of saying WTH of are you kidding me after each pick, just par for the course.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lonestar
04-30-2011, 09:32 AM
This could also be an indictment of Bowlen's money situation. DTs are somewhat risky (albeit highly necessary), and Bowlens finances may only allow for minimum risk. Theyre taking positions where theres a greater success rate and it seems they may try to get some DTs in FA where they feel they know what theyre paying for.

I'm pretty sure that marcell d was very unlikely to bust. Even if he does not become a pro blower he fills a HUGE hole on the LOS that has been therefor a decade or more.

I think we all know that fox is looking for the second coming of peppers. how he impacted the team.

They better find a solid couple if DT guys or all the rest of the "donut" D will not matter much.

nevcraw
04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
shoring up the D would have been nice, sure.. but who's to say the the guys everybody was pining for would have been the right moves? draft is not over nor is the offseason. Ur not going to fix it all with one draft either..
Meanwhile - we have 3-4 projected startters with vast playing experience, verstility and are tough minded.. I'll take it..

nevcraw
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure that marcell d was very unlikely to bust. Even if he does not become a pro blower he fills a HUGE hole on the LOS that has been therefor a decade or more.

I think we all know that fox is looking for the second coming of peppers. how he impacted the team. They better find a solid couple if DT guys or all the rest of the "donut" D will not matter much.

"we" do? I belive he is looking to shore up a terrible team -- not find another Peppers. put down the Us weekly and comeback to reality..

chazoe60
04-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Sorry. It's just that the arrogance and whininess of some members of this fanbase are down right embarrassing at times.

Northman
04-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Easy Chaz, people are entitled to voice their frustration and opinions too mate.

atwater27
04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
In my opinion, you build a good defense starting up front and I mean up FRONT! That is why I think leaving Dareus and Fairley on the board is inexcusable. It is ALOT easier to find a decent OLB than DL in a 4-3. I am not saying Von Miller isn't an elite talent. We should have traded down 5 to 10 and selected an interior lineman. I am not disappointed in the safety pick, I just find it hard to believe we had back to back picks with both Paea and Austen available and didn't pull the trig on one or both of them.

It sounds crazy, but the way they drafted I almost think they hope they are the worst team next year so they can get Luck.

I mean seriously....

Pick one, we leave both Fairley and Dareus on the board....
Pick two, we leave both Austen and Paea on the board...
Pick three, we leave both Austen and Paea on the board....

W.O.W.

Ravage!!!
04-30-2011, 10:34 AM
I get the frustrations. We all feel we have the answers to the needs. However, we do have to acknowledge that Fox isn't new to the NFL. He's WELL Known for his defensive knowledge. Just because we didn't get the players that this message board has been clamoring for does NOT make it a bad draft. Beating the drums of "we need DTs" has simply sent so many into a frenzy BELIEVING that its the ONLY way to draft. Its NOT the ONLY way to draft.

We addressed nearly EVERY need this team has, and we have a TON. We got value with solid picks. Nothing stretching, not taking chances on players, and concentrating on the defense. This team has MANY MANY needs, and we KNEW going in that MLB, Safety, OL were absolutely at the top of the list. Hell, MLB and Safety were nearly just as important as nay other position of need. Taking the OL that can play interior IS looking at the trenches. Looking out for our young QBs blind side, is smart.

Its not just Fox that feels Von Miller was the best defensive player in the draft, and to assume he's "looking for the next....." is silly. HOw bout the sound reasoning of purely getting the BEST defensive player in the draft with the #2 overall pick? Sounds solid to me.

We knew that this rebuilding process after the complete removal of talent from our last regime was NOT going to be a simple or one year process. We have addressed NEEDs with every pick. Adding in both solid, and DYNAMIC, players.

I think the over-reaction of not drafting DTs early is coming from the belief that the ONLY way you can build a defense is through the first 2 rounds.

Luckyshot
04-30-2011, 10:38 AM

I feel that all this money rumors are just BS. It was just like when Espn/NFL network said that we would not fire McD cause of having the Shanny contract.

Before the whole CBA ended, NFL kept 1 billion dollars off the top and another 3.2 billion. Then the was about another 4 billion that went to the players for salaries etc.

Thats about 125 million per team, which would of covered all of the Bronco's payroll and then some. Broncos spent about 100 million on payroll last year.

Since Broncos are always sold out just to make the math easier.

75000 x average 50 dollar a ticket in revenue. After the home/road team split thats 2.5 mill per game at home alone.

Let's estimate that the Broncos made an additional 30 million from ticket sales, away and home games.

So far we have about 155 million dollars.

We have not even included jersey's sales, luxury box revenue (which is not shared) concessions etc.

Now add in the money the Broncos get from the NFL out of that 4.2 billion the NFL does not use for player salaries.

That is another 130 million dollars.

so about 285 million dollars total.

In fact since Green's records were open last year, we that they had a net profit of 5 million dollars off 258 mill in revenue.

This is a smaller market team than denver, so I am not really worried about Bowlen's finances. I am sure from looking at the Bronco's payroll over the last few years and how the team actually improved in dead money that it is in good financial shape.

atwater27
04-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I get the frustrations. We all feel we have the answers to the needs. However, we do have to acknowledge that Fox isn't new to the NFL. He's WELL Known for his defensive knowledge. Just because we didn't get the players that this message board has been clamoring for does NOT make it a bad draft. Beating the drums of "we need DTs" has simply sent so many into a frenzy BELIEVING that its the ONLY way to draft. Its NOT the ONLY way to draft. I think we understand that.

We addressed nearly EVERY need this team has, and we have a TON. We got value with solid picks. Nothing stretching, not taking chances on players, and concentrating on the defense. This team has MANY MANY needs, and we KNEW going in that MLB, Safety, OL were absolutely at the top of the list. ummmm no, DT would be 1st by a MILE. Hell, MLB and Safety were nearly just as important as nay other position of need. Taking the OL that can play interior IS looking at the trenches. Looking out for our young QBs blind side, is smart.

Its not just Fox that feels Von Miller was the best defensive player in the draft, and to assume he's "looking for the next....." is silly. HOw bout the sound reasoning of purely getting the BEST defensive player in the draft with the #2 overall pick? Sounds solid to me. best defensive player is debatable

We knew that this rebuilding process after the complete removal of talent from our last regime was NOT going to be a simple or one year process. We have addressed NEEDs with every pick. Adding in both solid, and DYNAMIC, players.

I think the over-reaction of not drafting DTs early is coming from the belief that the ONLY way you can build a defense is through the first 2 rounds.

No, the proper and deserved reaction of not drafting elite DT's early enough is coming from the knowledge of their importance and impact far above any other defensive position, and their rarity in this league.

CoachChaz
04-30-2011, 10:45 AM
I'll never claim to know everything or have any infinite wisdom, but I am glad that more often than not, im able to have the intelligence to look at things without blinders on. Denver could have drafted a guaranteed bust at the DT position and 90% of this whining wouldnt be happening...simply because they drafted one. He could suck and never see the field, but that wouldnt matter.

There are multie areas of need and they were all addressed. Its funny...everyone thinks Detroit did a great job by "maybe" improving a strength. The D line is the one area they dont need help, and people are saying they had a nice draft so far. Hell...they didnt even address the defense after that. But if Denver had drafted Petersen, Broncos Nation woild be up in arms. Its nice when one team addresses a strength, but not our team...and we addressed weaknesses. The double standard here is crazy sometimes. People should try this crazy thing called thinking every once in awhile

broncobryce
04-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Sorry. It's just that the arrogance and whininess of some members of this fanbase are down right embarrassing at times.

I've gotten used to it. I've given out so much Kleenex over the years I went bankrupt.

atwater27
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
I'll never claim to know everything or have any infinite wisdom, but I am glad that more often than not, im able to have the intelligence to look at things without blinders on.Keep on telling yourself that... Denver could have drafted a guaranteed bust at the DT position and 90% of this whining wouldnt be happening...simply because they drafted one. He could suck and never see the field, but that wouldnt matter.only in your mind

There are multie areas of need and they were all addressed. All of our needs were adressed? Did you watch a different draft than me? Its funny...everyone thinks Detroit did a great job by "maybe" improving a strength. The D line is the one area they dont need help, and people are saying they had a nice draft so far. That's because some people understand the vast importance of up front interior pressure, and it's impact on a defense. It makes everyone else look better, it creates more turnovers, etc... You should know this already.Hell...they didnt even address the defense after that. But if Denver had drafted Petersen, Broncos Nation woild be up in arms.We wouldn't be up in arms with Petersen or Miller, as long as we got an Austen or Paea in the second, which we whiffed on. Its nice when one team addresses a strength, but not our team...and we addressed weaknesses. The double standard here is crazy sometimes. People should try this crazy thing called thinking every once in awhile

You should have thought before you posted. Again, we are praising Detroit because they UNDERSTAND the benefits of interior pressure and the rarity of elite DT talent. We don't. This is why Detroit is a better team than we are and will continue to trend upwards while we struggle.

jhildebrand
04-30-2011, 10:57 AM
This team has so many holes, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Also, with the switch back to the 43, I certainly would like to see what this team and draft can do prior to getting all crazed about a DT.

There will be "can't miss/sure fire" DT's next year too.

I will trust in Fox's ability to recognize talent on the D-see peppers, jenkins, witherspoon, gamble, beason-draft them and get production out of them. At this point getting players who are at least good enough to start and play every sunday will be a good start. This D has been neglected for so long, it wont be rebuilt in this draft alone.

Northman
04-30-2011, 10:58 AM
There are multie areas of need and they were all addressed.

All except of DT which was one of the more important areas but so far im ok with it. There's a reason to their madness.

Its funny...everyone thinks Detroit did a great job by "maybe" improving a strength. The D line is the one area they dont need help, and people are saying they had a nice draft so far.

Did their Dline need help? Maybe, maybe not. But getting one of the top DT's in the draft where they did is an absolute steal. If anything, it certainly didnt HURT their Dline. The other players they picked were needs and were good pickups.

But if Denver had drafted Petersen, Broncos Nation woild be up in arms.

Big difference adding depth at #2 rather than later in the draft. Peterson at #2 would of been moronic. At least with Miller they are addressing a bigger problem.

People should try this crazy thing called thinking every once in awhile

Not sure why you feel the need to take personal shots at people but everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if it doesnt fit your own.

I Eat Staples
04-30-2011, 10:58 AM

I feel the same way, I like our draft but I wish we would have taken Paea or Austin. Id be much happier if we did.

But, I like who we got and I'll give this FO a chance.

CoachChaz
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
So...assuming Fairley pans out...the Lions are a better team because they are loaded on the DL? Forget about those pesky LBs and DBs, they're going to ride into the playoffs on the back of 2 defensive players

atwater27
04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
So...assuming Fairley pans out...the Lions are a better team because they are loaded on the DL? Forget about those pesky LBs and DBs, they're going to ride into the playoffs on the back of 2 defensive players

They'll certainly go farther than we will. Their 2 pesky DT's will get more production than our entire defense as it stands.

jhildebrand
04-30-2011, 11:06 AM
They'll certainly go farther than we will. Their 2 pesky DT's will get more production than our entire defense as it stands.

hey also have been addressing their D via the draft and FA much longer and more seriously.

Northman
04-30-2011, 11:08 AM

They are a franchise who have been trying to dig out of the bottom. Last year they made some strides. I would say by 2012 they will be making some serious headway into the playoffs and more. But there's no question their Dline is set.

atwater27
04-30-2011, 11:11 AM
They are a franchise who have been trying to dig out of the bottom. Last year they made some strides. I would say by 2012 they will be making some serious headway into the playoffs and more. But there's no question their Dline is set.

That's how I'd build a team... get your franchise QB, get a monster Dline, and everything else is secondary.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
That's how I'd build a team... get your franchise QB, get a monster Dline, and everything else is secondary.

Apparently you don't believe in protecting that monster QB...

atwater27
04-30-2011, 11:16 AM

Apparently I don't. You got me pegged.:lol:

CoachChaz
04-30-2011, 11:18 AM

That's what the 120 pound WR is for. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers has 12 receivers to throw to and a ton of protection around him, but Suh and Fairley are going to put a stop to that all by themselves

robert ethan
04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Lame draft. Miller is overrated and way too caught up in his own image. Reminds me of Myron Rolle from last year, with a bit more talent. The rest, myeeehh....Franklin and Iriving look like thug city, Moore just seems mediocre.l There is no likability factor here to compare to Thomas, Tebow, Decker from last year.

claymore
04-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Lame draft. Miller is overrated and way too caught up in his own image. Reminds me of Myron Rolle from last year, with a bit more talent. The rest, myeeehh....Franklin and Iriving look like thug city, Moore just seems mediocre.l There is no likability factor here to compare to Thomas, Tebow, Decker from last year.
Likable players that will never start. :(

Lonestar
04-30-2011, 11:44 AM
In my opinion, you build a good defense starting up front and I mean up FRONT! That is why I think leaving Dareus and Fairley on the board is inexcusable. It is ALOT easier to find a decent OLB than DL in a 4-3. I am not saying Von Miller isn't an elite talent. We should have traded down 5 to 10 and selected an interior lineman. I am not disappointed in the safety pick, I just find it hard to believe we had back to back picks with both Paea and Austen available and didn't pull the trig on one or both of them.
It sounds crazy, but the way they drafted I almost think they hope they are the worst team next year so they can get Luck.
I mean seriously....Pick one, we leave both Fairley and Dareus on the board....
Pick two, we leave both Austen and Paea on the board...Pick three, we leave both Austen and Paea on the board....
W.O.W.

And now they Pick another FS. Instead of addressing the Dl.

Northman
04-30-2011, 11:48 AM
And now they Pick another FS. Instead of addressing the Dl.

Its probably not going to happen if at all in this draft. Once we took Miller and traded back i kind of got the sense they werent going after DT in the draft. Again, not the way i would of gone about it but Fox is an experienced defensive guy so i will see how this year pans out. Still have FA and maybe a trade down the road who knows.

Lonestar
04-30-2011, 11:50 AM

You know as well as everyone does that the more agressive the Dl is the better your guys behind them are. With suh they were a decent to good defense now they should be near the top in pressures and take aways.

This Dl will be nasty. Alpohso smith just got better.

rcsodak
04-30-2011, 11:53 AM
There are DT's with 5th rd grades. Look for them as depth/projects.

Or kendall hunter.

:lol:

atwater27
04-30-2011, 11:53 AM
You know as well as everyone does that the more agressive the Dl is the better your guys behind them are. With suh they were a decent to good defense now they should be near the top in pressures and take aways.

This Dl will be nasty. Alpohso smith just got better.

I actually wanted the safeties we got. i just thought when we picked them, we would already have Dareus or Fairley on board.

horsepig
04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
That's what the 120 pound WR is for. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers has 12 receivers to throw to and a ton of protection around him, but Suh and Fairley are going to put a stop to that all by themselves

Well, that's sure as Hell where I'd start Coach.

horsepig
04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Good night, now a freaking TE.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
04-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Good night, now a freaking TE.

And you think we didn't need one?

Bullgator
04-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I dont agree... i think it was a producctive draft.

we would love a DT... but DTs are not the only way to stop the run... with two great pass rushers you can funnel the run play up the middle where great run stop LBs can mop them up. as long as you have SOME bodies eating up blocks... if this style of D works out, people will be forced to run and be more one dimensional. with a solid secondary and sick pass rush you can stack the run a lil more... so its not as bad as you think. PLUS there is FA... and dont forget how good fox is at finding talent in later rounds... all he really needs now is a couple of large bodies in the middle... you dont have to be darius to stuff the middle... alot of large bodies left to eat up blocks.

I trust Fox knows what hes doing on the defensive side of things. and getting a blind side OT for TT makes me smile ear to ear... very telling of what we can expect

Dzone
04-30-2011, 03:30 PM
lets reach for a guy with a broken foot a la demaryous thomas.

Peyton Hillis was drafted 227. Ok, we picked a linebacker...good cuz the current LBs suck ...mike mohammad

Dzone
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
More linebackers = bett3r special teams

Dzone
04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
we got ourselves a roster full of Keith Burns.
Best &%$#ING draft in history!!!!!

sneakers
04-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Chop, for once, would you stop overreacting like 15 year old girl?

TXBRONC
04-30-2011, 04:48 PM
shoring up the D would have been nice, sure.. but who's to say the the guys everybody was pining for would have been the right moves? draft is not over nor is the offseason. Ur not going to fix it all with one draft either..
Meanwhile - we have 3-4 projected startters with vast playing experience, verstility and are tough minded.. I'll take it..

FWIW Vickerson played in a 4-3 before coming to Denver.

silkamilkamonico
04-30-2011, 05:28 PM
You guys kill me.

We got 4 "potential" starters from day 1 because the talent on our defense is so sorry.

Terrible draft.

Dean
04-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I am looking at this draft that the orgainization drafted for next year not for the long haul. The D-line takes time to develop. We passed on them. LB's, safeties, TE, and O-line (not as much) can often play in thier first year and will give special teams help at the very least.

I guess wait until free agency to try and interpret what was actually going on.

shank
04-30-2011, 05:34 PM
You guys kill me.

We got 4 "potential" starters from day 1 because the talent on our defense is so sorry.

Terrible draft.

what in holy hell did you want then? improvement at 4 positions is terrible? what in the world is the 'better' option than that?