PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Patriots

Pages : [1] 2 3

sneakers
10-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Hopefully today we will continue our mastery over the Patriots.

Go Broncos!!!!

Magnificent Seven
10-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Will Ryan Torain play?

NameUsedBefore
10-20-2008, 12:49 AM
You got it this time, Sneakers. You're back!

PatricktheDookie
10-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Fourth!

sneakers
10-20-2008, 12:56 AM
You got it this time, Sneakers. You're back!

Eh, last sunday I was busy with my sister's wedding.....my brother got married in July and my sister last SUnday, so I doubt we will run into such problems again. :D

sneakers
10-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Will Ryan Torain play?

I think it will be the Michael Pittman show once again.

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Ahhhhhh, Monday Night Football :D

Say goodbye to a night's sleep :laugh:

Nomad
10-20-2008, 04:33 AM
GO BRONCOS! Another tough game ahead, could go either way, but I believe BRONCOS edge out a win!!!!!!

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Happy Gameday Broncos fans.

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Eh, last sunday I was busy with my sister's wedding.....my brother got married in July and my sister last SUnday, so I doubt we will run into such problems again. :D

If we lose. I'm blaming you. :coffee:

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 07:39 AM
The wait for MNF is interminable :frusty:

Fan in Exile
10-20-2008, 07:56 AM
We've got a great oppurtunity here I really hope that they can capitalize on it.

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello All,

I am definitely looking forward to see what kind of "ENERGY" the Broncos appraoch this game with. I have been hoping and praying enough this week it is time to make it happen!! Go Broncos!:rockon:

honz
10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure why Monday Night games are so exciting, but I always seems to get more nervous for them. I can't wait for this game, and a win tonight would be huge as it would give us a bit of a cushion atop the division.

Thankfully, Francis the Cat just picked the Broncos to win, so this one is pretty much in the bag. :lol:

broncophan
10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!................I have to work 3rd shift tonight....so I won't be able to see the end of the game.....:tsk:......Oh well.....I'll record it,,,,but it's just not the same.....

Hopefully they play well.....and get a big road win......and take a 2 game lead in the division again!!!!!

Enjoy the game everyone......:beer:

Medford Bronco
10-20-2008, 11:10 AM
this game is huge for me. I have a small wager with one of my friends here.

Go Broncos, please win the most important game of the year for me for sure :salute:

BroncoJoe
10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
GAME SNAPSHOT
KICKOFF: Sunday, 8:30 ET
GAMEDATE: 10/20/08
SURFACE: FieldTurf
TV: ESPN (Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, Tony Kornheiser, Suzy Kolber, Michele Tafoya)
SERIES: 40th regular-season meeting. Broncos lead series 24-15, including a 5-1 record since 2001, including a Broncos playoff win in 2005. Denver is the only team in the NFL with a winning record against New England during that time.

PREDICTION: Broncos 23-20

KEYS TO THE GAME: Broncos QB Jay Cutler has seen his production dip the past three games as injuries have continued to rob him of key weapons outside of WR Brandon Marshall. Denver has also been struggling with miscues in terms of protecting the ball and capitalizing inside the red zone. The one recent revelation has been 33-year-old RB Michael Pittman, who is taking charge of the feature role and providing the Broncos with more of a power running attack. But this game will be decided by how effectively Cutler attacks the Patriots' struggling secondary, and CB Deltha O'Neal in particular. ... The Broncos secondary might be just what the doctor ordered for Patriots QB Matt Cassel after a rough outing in San Diego. Denver's opponents are completing 72.7 percent of their passes, with a good portion directed at CB Dre' Bly while most shy away from Champ Bailey. Perhaps more important than Cassel's inexperience has been the lack of a strong running game. The Broncos are vulnerable to big runs, but who in the Patriots' backfield is going to step up as the go-to workhorse?

KEY INJURIES: Broncos: TE Tony Scheffler (groin) and WR Brandon Stokley (concussion) appear likely to sit another game; WR Eddie Royal (ankle) should return this week. Patriots: RB LaMont Jordan (calf) appears likely to miss his second straight game; RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder) is uncertain.

FAST FACTS: The Broncos are 7-0 when Cutler has a passer rating of at least 100. ... Patriots coach Bill Belichick is 2-9 in his career against Denver.

PERSONNEL NEWS
Broncos:
--WR Brandon Stokley said he felt better Thursday for the first time since suffering a concussion last week against Jacksonville. But Stokley has yet to be cleared by doctors and hasn't returned to practice.
--TE Tony Scheffler has been a limited participant in practice this week with a groin injury. The team is unlikely to take an unnecessary risk on Scheffler this week with the bye coming up in Week 8.
--RB Selvin Young has a groin injury and has been limited in practice. His status for this week's game is unclear. If he does return, it will be in a smaller role behind Michael Pittman.
--LB Boss Bailey practiced Thursday. He sat out Wednesday with an ankle problem. Although his ankle is unlikely to be 100 percent healthy anytime soon, Bailey is a good bet to play this week.
--S Calvin Lowry appears set to replace Marlon McCree as Denver's starting free safety after taking the reps with the first-team defense during the open periods of practice. Lowry was a starter with the Titans for most of last season.

Patriots:
--LT Matt Light returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday's session with an ankle injury. Light should be in the starting lineup Monday night against Denver.
--CB Jonathan Wilhite missed practice Thursday with flu-like symptoms. The severity of his illness is unknown at the time, though the injury report will be released Friday.
--LB Eric Alexander missed another practice Thursday with a hamstring injury and likely won't play Monday. Alexander could be a candidate for injured reserve if and when G Stephen Neal is ready to play.
--WR Kelley Washington also missed practice Thursday with an ankle injury and could be an injured reserve candidate as well considering the Patriots have two players who've recently been activated from the physically-unable-to-perform list -- G Stephen Neal and tackle Oliver Ross.
--RBs Laurence Maroney (shoulder) and LaMont Jordan (calf) missed practice Thursday and are in danger of being inactive Monday night, which is bad news for the Patriots given their lack of consistency in the running game.

INSIDE THE CAMPS
Broncos:
Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall promises better ball security, but no changes in his aggressive approach.

Marshall said after Sunday's game that maybe he has to ditch the moves that made him the NFL's leader in yards after contact last season. Against Jacksonville last Sunday, he lost a fumble at the Jaguars' 7-yard line, his second devastating fumble this season in a Broncos loss.

He had changed his tune by Thursday, saying he wouldn't change anything.

"I could be a great receiver without all of those fancy moves, but that's what keeps me playing this game," Marshall said. "I have fun out there every time I make a guy miss and see the expression on the guy's face when I go back to the huddle or guys on the sidelines or the reaction from the crowd. That's what keeps me going."

Marshall leads the NFL with 43 receptions. He has never had a problem with fumbles -- he lost only one last year in 107 touches -- and his latest bout with fumbling was bothersome. He said he had been thinking of his fumble against the Jaguars all week.

Against Jacksonville, he said the ball wasn't knocked loose, he just dropped it when he went to make a move.

"It's just one of those things that you get caught up in the moment and the situation of the game and you forget about the most important thing and that's ball security," Marshall said.

Patriots:
Some fans want Kevin O'Connell at quarterback. Some media members do too. Matt Cassel takes it all in stride. Job security? That's not an issue now and never will be as far as Cassel is concerned.

"Unless told otherwise," Cassel said Thursday, "I'm just going to go out there and play the position and do it to the best of my ability."

According to most of Cassel's critics, that's the problem -- ability, or lack thereof. Though the defense has taken most of the blame for Sunday's loss (and rightfully so), Cassel struggled against San Diego's relentless pass rush, particularly in the red zone, where he missed two open receivers and got sacked on fourth-and-goal in a critical turnover on downs at the start of the third quarter.

Statistically, the Patriots have been better in the red zone of late, scoring touchdowns on three of their last five attempts, but they endured a horrific dry spell prior to the San Francisco game in which they scored only two touchdowns in 10 tries.

"Anytime you get in the red area, the windows close," Cassel said. "Everything happens a little bit quicker because there is obviously not as much field to defend. You just have to make quicker decisions and get the ball out to your receivers without as much time."

Sunday's third-quarter meltdown notwithstanding, the Patriots made slight improvements in the red zone during their West Coast trip and Cassel admits the game is beginning to slow down for him as he continues to gain experience as a starter.

"There are a few plays that definitely come up through the course of a game, in a number of games, where you say, 'Gosh, I wish I would've done this,' or, 'I wish I would've done that,'" Cassel said. "That's what you learn from as a young quarterback. You try to build on that and put it away in your memory bank so the next time it comes up you can that correction and be better off.

"I feel comfortable with what we're doing."

Head coach Bill Belichick agrees. Asked on Monday if he'd entertain the thought of replacing Cassel with O'Connell, Belichick said, "Matt's our quarterback. He gives our team the best chance to win."

Since his confidence has never wavered, Belichick's ringing endorsement has made no impact one way or the other on Cassel's preparation this week.

"I think I've had the vote of confidence from the coaching staff all along," Cassel said, "otherwise I wouldn't be in the position that I'm in. Just because we lose a game, I don't feel I should be worried about my job, to be completely honest.

"We are 3-2 right now and one back of Buffalo (in the division). I'm sure there are a lot of teams wishing that they were 3-2. Do we need to go out and have more production? Of course we do. That's what we're working toward right now. We're not 0-5. I will tell you that much. We're still working to get better. I'm maturing every week and that's what we're going to work toward."

All eyes will be on the Patriots when the host the Denver Broncos on Monday night -- with Cassel, not O'Connell, as the team's starting quarterback.

"I think eyes are always on us to perform," Cassel said. "Obviously, there has been a standard here -- a very high standard -- for however many years. We have to come out and perform and put points on the board in order to win."

honz
10-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm down 5 points in a fantasy league and I have Cutler and Marshall while my opponent has Royal...here is to at least 1 TD connection from Cutler to Marshall and 1 from Cutler to Royal!:beer:

:D

jrelway
10-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm down 5 points in a fantasy league and I have Cutler and Marshall while my opponent has Royal...here is to at least 1 TD connection from Cutler to Marshall and 1 from Cutler to Royal!:beer:

i racked up 84 so far and still have cutler, marshall, and royal left..im hoping i can break 150 points for the first time. GO BRONCOS!!

LRtagger
10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
It's a bold prediction, but IMO if we win this game we win the division. If we lose this game I think we lose the division when it's all said and done.

NightTrainLayne
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM

i racked up 84 so far and still have cutler, marshall, and royal left..im hoping i can break 150 points for the first time. GO BRONCOS!!

I'm down 130 - 115 in my league, and I only have Prater left.

So, just the normal 6 TD's with 3 FG's and I'll be alright. . . :laugh:

broncophan
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM

I'm down 21 pts. in my league.....but I have Cutler, Royal, and Prater.......my opponent has Moss..............hope our awesome (lol) pass defense shuts down Moss...........

Medford Bronco
10-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm down 21 pts. in my league.....but I have Cutler, Royal, and Prater.......my opponent has Moss..............hope our awesome (lol) pass defense shuts down Moss...........

or Matt Cassel misses Moss like he did last week

broncophan
10-20-2008, 02:13 PM
or Matt Cassel misses Moss like he did last week

Yes.....that would be good too...:D

honz
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM

I'd be praying to the football gods that Shanny and co. decide to put Champ on Moss all game...

jrelway
10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
took the day off, got my errands out of the way. stocked up on some junk food and beer. a little over 4 hrs left. lets do this!!!!

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 03:25 PM
took the day off, got my errands out of the way. stocked up on some junk food and beer. a little over 4 hrs left. lets do this!!!!

I should have done that...this day is dragging on...although I've gotten more work done today than I did the first Monday of the season...I got nothing done that day.

broncofaninfla
10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
First of all I'm hoping nobody gets hurt and we come away with a "W"! I'm also hoping our defense doesn't make New England's offense look like Brady is in the pocket. I'm hoping for improvment from our defensive line and for our offense to get back to scoring 30+ points!!! Go Broncos!!!!

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 03:35 PM
First of all I'm hoping nobody gets hurt and we come away with a "W"! I'm also hoping our defense doesn't make New England's offense look like Brady is in the pocket. I'm hoping for improvment from our defensive line and for our offense to get back to scoring 30+ points!!! Go Broncos!!!!
I'm just hoping for a game that's entertaining enough to keep me awake until 5 am ;)

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm just hoping for a game that's entertaining enough to keep me awake until 5 am ;)

So, do you take the day after night games off?

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 03:39 PM
So, do you take the day after night games off?
Yup........any excuse for a day off work.................missus out, monster at school........just me & the PS3 :laugh:

Only do it for Broncos games though, much as I can watch virtually any game...........oh, and the Super Bowl................I've not been to school or work the Monday after the Super Bowl since '84 :D

underrated29
10-20-2008, 03:54 PM
OOOH YEEEAAHH, LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!!

I am up by 9 and have cutler, marsh and prater left, my opponent has sammy morris left. Even if sammy runs for a bunch and scores I still should walk away with this one unscathed.

Jaws
10-20-2008, 04:50 PM
The wait for MNF is interminable :frusty:

That is is.

I'm contemplating a nap before it in fact, so I don't fall asleep after the first quarter like I did with the season opener.

Go Broncos! Pounce on the Pats :throwrock:

Sparkie
10-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Ahhhhhh, Monday Night Football :D

Say goodbye to a night's sleep :laugh:
*nods vigorously*
Gotta love Late Night MNF on Five ... :clock: :goodnight:

Apparently I have to watch the game tonight on behalf of Sharkie ... the sleepy fish ... tho' I now hear murmurings from the shark lair that she has set her alarm clock for 3am & the second half! :madgrin:

GO BRONCOS !!! :defense:

Jaws
10-20-2008, 04:58 PM
*nods vigorously*
Gotta love Late Night MNF on Five ... :clock: :goodnight:

Apparently I have to watch the game tonight on behalf of Sharkie ... the sleepy fish ... tho' I now hear murmurings from the shark lair that she has set her alarm clock for 3am & the second half! :madgrin:

GO BRONCOS !!! :defense:

Make that quarter to three at latest, though if I nod off fairly soon I might catch a bit more of the game. Better lay off the whisky until then though, or less chance of staying awake.

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
That is is.

I'm contemplating a nap before it in fact, so I don't fall asleep after the first quarter like I did with the season opener.

Go Broncos! Pounce on the Pats :throwrock:
There's a good film on C4 at the moment, Men of Honor so that and industrial strength coffee will keep me going 'til kickoff :D

Sparkie
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Better lay off the whisky until then though, or less chance of staying awake.
Shock!!! what is this i hear from a Whiskyteer???
NO LAYIN' OFF THE WHISKY!!! :eek: :tsk: :shots: :madgrin:

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 05:03 PM
I can understand that......................................but only until kickoff :laugh:

At least it's earlier than the Faiders game :D

Medford Bronco
10-20-2008, 05:03 PM
this is great all those Bronco fans in Great Britian :salute:

Jaws
10-20-2008, 05:07 PM

We're planning on converting the whole of Britain and replacing the union jack with an orange and blue flag with the Broncos logo in the middle :D :laugh:

Sparkie
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
*salutes back atcha* :salute: :beer: :tea:
Yep, and there's an NFL game here on Brit soil in Week 8 :) pity it's not the Broncos playin' tho :(

Jaws
10-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Yep, and there's a game here on Brit soil in Week 8 :)

Soil being the right word for it too.

I wouldn't want to step foot on the hallowed turf of wembley for a while after it's being polluted by the "putrid river(s)" ;)

NorthernLights
10-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Good luck tonight Bronco fans. I think my Bolts gave Mike a good look on how to beat the Patriots tonight so I expect Jay and Brandon to have big nights. Should be fun to watch. Enjoy.

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
We're planning on converting the whole of Britain and replacing the union jack with an orange and blue flag with the Broncos logo in the middle :D :laugh:
Be a damn site better than all those Faiders & 'Fins colours the NFL tried to foist on us in the 80s :mad:

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Yep, and there's an NFL game here on Brit soil in Week 8 :) pity it's not the Broncos playin' tho :(
Maybe one day !

Jaws
10-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Be a damn site better than all those Faiders & 'Fins colours the NFL tried to foist on us in the 80s :mad:

Sadly my son's idea of a good colour scheme is still stuck in the eighties.

Silly Finster!

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 05:28 PM

Silly Finster!

Colour. :pound:

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Silly Finster!

He's still young................there's still time for him to grow up ;)

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
This wait is KILLING ME!!!!! I am actually thinking about doing all 4 kid's Homework just to pass the Time! UGH!:frusty:

Maybe it is time to go listen so some Game Mode Music get me Pumped up Even More!

tubby
10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmcLIzIuzc&feature=related

girler
10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
This wait is KILLING ME!!!!! I am actually thinking about doing all 4 kid's Homework just to pass the Time! UGH!:frusty:

Maybe it is time to go listen so some Game Mode Music get me Pumped up Even More!

I have 4 kids too, but only 2 had school today. How messed up is that?

Tned-Mobile
10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
i just landed in little rock from germany. i never got a chance to rename the chat room for tonight's game. the chat works just the same, it's just titled with last weeks game.

i'm in the car, but hope i meke it home by kickoff.

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I have 4 kids too, but only 2 had school today. How messed up is that?

lol! I know all about the home for the day thing hahaha! I let the youngest stay up last night to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and then he says this morning "Dad it's ok if you wanna let me stay home!" I said "boy get Dressed!" The Other three are Teenage girls :frusty:

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
i just landed in little rock from germany. i never got a chance to rename the chat room for tonight's game. the chat works just the same, it's just titled with last weeks game.

i'm in the car, but hope i meke it home by kickoff.

I am new here what do you mean chat works the same? meet in a different thread?

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I am new here what do you mean chat works the same? meet in a different thread?

On the top bar in every thread is a "BF Chat Room"

Its a chat room...instead of having to read through a zillion posts, a lot of us go in there to converse about the game.

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
On the top bar in every thread is a "BF Chat Room"

Its a chat room...instead of having to read through a zillion posts, a lot of us go in there to converse about the game.

AHHHHH This site Getting Better every minute tyvm!!!!!!!

slim
10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Hold your water boys. Just another hour.

Tned-Mobile
10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
what time is actual kickoff? inactives up yet?

Mike
10-20-2008, 06:39 PM
They say that Scheff, Young, Stokely inactive for Denver

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
They say that Scheff, Young, Stokely inactive for Denver

Scheffler is out? Did I miss something?

Mike
10-20-2008, 06:42 PM

It is what was just on the ticker on ESPN.

Italianmobstr7
10-20-2008, 06:45 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/10/20/broncos-at-patriots-pregame-notes/#more-187

7:37 p.m. EDT: I just got Denver’s inactives for tonights game.

Brandon Stokley, Selvin Young, Ryan Torain, John Engelberger, Erik Pears, Tony Scheffler and Nic Clemons will not suit up tonight.

Josh Shaw has been placed on the reserve/suspended list.

D1g1tal j1m
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Laurence Maroney on IR out for the year will not be available for the game. Looks to me that it got a little bit easier for the win against the Pats.

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
It is what was just on the ticker on ESPN.

Yeah, saw that, but is he hurt?

Groin...guess I missed that on the injury report...

Mike
10-20-2008, 06:49 PM

Listed as inactive - Groin

honz
10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Dammit...no Scheff and no Stokely. Hopefully Jay can still avoid having tunnel vision and spread it around to Jackson, Nasty Nate, and Graham if they are open.

slim
10-20-2008, 06:51 PM

Groin...guess I missed that on the injury report...

MO, he has had a groin injury for two weeks :noidea:

Pay attention, man.

Skinny
10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Laurence Maroney on IR out for the year will not be available for the game. Looks to me that it got a little bit easier for the win against the Pats.Wow. Good thing i dropped him yesterday in FF for Cedric Benson. :heh:

Tned-Mobile
10-20-2008, 06:53 PM

pulled a groin two weeks ago.

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I reckon it's close enough to kickoff to crack the beer :D

slim
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM

You are two hours behind.

:beer:

Mike

HolyDiver
pulled a groin two weeks ago.

He's missed significant playing time in all three seasons he's played. He most likely will be the type of player that is never healthy for an entire season.

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
He's missed significant playing time in all three seasons he's played. He most likely will be the type of player that is never healthy for an entire season.

Unless he was somehow compensating his movements because of his foot and injured his groin in doing so, I doubt that the groin injury and the foot injury are related...but I see your point.

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
You are two hours behind.

Maybe, but I'm 17 hours into a 23 hour day..............no point starting early and missing the game ;)

BroncoAV06
10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Maroney has been inefective all year.

No E tonight sad...

Remember Kansas City, nothing is in the bank till the end.

GO BRONCOS!

slim
10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Unless he was somehow compensating his movements because of his foot and injured his groin in doing so, I doubt that the groin injury and the foot injury are related...but I see your point.

He is brittle. Sad but true.

honz
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Meh...everyone strains groins, hammys, etc. I think the term injury prone is overused, personally. Athletes get injured.

slim
10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Meh...everyone strains groins, hammys, etc. I think the term injury prone is overused, personally. Athletes get injured.

Yep, some more than others.

slim
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Alright, boys....almost game time.

See ya on the other side.

Here's to another Broncos win :beer:

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Time to begin this thing.

Northman
10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Man, i hate this. Cant watch the game and im nervous as hell. We really need a win tonight to keep the rest of the division at bay.

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Man, i hate this. Cant watch the game and im nervous as hell. We really need a win tonight to keep the rest of the division at bay.

Why can't you watch the game?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
are you ready for some football

Northman
10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Why can't you watch the game?

At work tonight.

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:35 PM
At work tonight.

Well that's a pain.

We'll try and keep you updated.

Mike
10-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Kornhole is a loser.

JKcatch724
10-20-2008, 07:38 PM
At work tonight.

Say you have women problems. No questions asked. ;)

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
So I'm feeling a little under the weather, but I'm under the influence a little bit, so I'm ready. 5-2 hell yes!

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Andre Hall has some fight in him.

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Cutler's hurt.

:eek:

Looks minor.

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Let's go Broncos :rockon:

Awww crap...........:ugh:

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice run by Pittman on 3rd :D

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Damn it... Jay's one tough SOB! I love him!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Just shake it off Jay - we don't WANT Ramsey :banghead::banghead:

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
If Cutler comes out, I seriously might turn the channel...ok...probably not, but still...

BroncoNut
10-20-2008, 07:46 PM
i'm at work tonight too. is there a score yet? Is Jay going to return to the game?

Mike
No score...Denver driving...Cutler is in for now

Mostly runs though

Bronco4ever
i'm at work tonight too. is there a score yet? Is Jay going to return to the game?

Never left the game. He's badass.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 07:47 PM

No score, and Jay did not come out. Thank goodness our running game is working so far.

Mike
10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Pittman down

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 07:48 PM
GEEZ - now Pittman is hurt. Hall is the only other running back

Den21vsBal19
He's still in, but we're running the ball.............Pittman's running hard so far :D
Tell a lie, Pittman's now recieving attention on the field

Npba900
Looks like Pittman may have had the air knocked out of him. At least lets hope so.

Mike
Looked like he landed pretty hard on his shoulder.

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I think he's gonna be ok. It looked like he just got the wind knocked out of him. Hope for the best with Jay and Pittman.

BroncoAV06
Happens with QB's, helmet vs finger, and helmet wins.

JKcatch724
Looks like Hall will finally get his chance

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
GEEZ - now Pittman is hurt. Hall is the only other running back
Guess Hillis may see some duty at tailback

Mike
10-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Crap...was the NE guy out of bounds when he got it?

Denver Native (Carol)
GREAT - FUMBLE :mad:

Retired_Member_001
Great.

Den21vsBal19
And we cough up the gorram football :frusty:

:defense:

BroncoWave
Do the Broncos not practice fumbling drills? :confused:

JKcatch724
jesus friggin christ. of course it stays in bounds.

BroncoAV06
Well that sucks...Got a good drive going with out the pass and Dre puts it on the ground. See how the defense attacks the Pats.

Npba900
10-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Better to fumble in the 1st qtr than the 4th qtr driving for the winning score.

Okay Defense! Lets show up today.

MOtorboat
Do the Broncos not practice fumbling drills? :confused:

Yeah, all the time. Lately, it's been called "games."

Npba900
Guess Hillis may see some duty at tailback

Wouldn't be great if he had a great game tonight.

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Nope.

The fumbles in the first half lost us that game last week.

red98
I think he's gonna be ok. It looked like he just got the wind knocked out of him. Hope for the best with Jay and Pittman.

Looked to me like Pittman hurt his head on the earlier play when Harrison hit him. I hope it's not a concussion.

Bronco4ever
The only positive thing in this game for us so far was that good drive, and then we cough it up. Let's go defense!!

JKcatch724

better not to fumble at all. that drive woulda been at least three.

Retired_Member_001
Nate Webster's tackling is a joke.

lex
Lowry was just steamrolled. Great!

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Correction!

Our defense is a joke.

Npba900
Whose number 37 for the Broncos??? He bounced right of the RB.

BroncoWave
Sammy Morris appears well on his way to a buck fifty.

Northman
Ahh, so we turn it over already. Wonderful. lol

omac
10-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow, I hope Pittman just got the wind knocked out of him. Critical fumble by Hall in a game where Jay probably won't be able to throw much with the injury to his finger. Hopefully that clears up later.

This does not look good at all. I'll be happy with a tie at the half.

Bronco4ever
Yep, that's our defense......... make no mistake!

omac
Oh look, Tom Brady is back. :D

hamrob
denver's defense sucks!!!!!!!!!

BroncoWave
Our defense is an embarrassment to football.

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Did we actually just tackle the RB?

That's more like it! :defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
We need to hold them to a FG

Den21vsBal19
I see the 'Red Carpet' defense is on form tonight :frusty:

Nomad
Ahh, so we turn it over already. Wonderful. lol

NE has the momentum and they seem to want this game more, I know it's early but Denver is not a second half team! Hopefully Shanny has his team ready!

Retired_Member_001
Ekuban with the nice sack.

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute::salute:SACK:salute::salute:

lex
Ekuban!!!

BroncoWave
10-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Atta boy Ekuban!

Npba900
Boy our run defense sure looks porish.

Retired_Member_001
Well. 3-0 Patriots.

omac
Who got the sack? That was good.

Bronco4ever
Dear lord... we send a blitz and we can't even touch the qb. Pretty terrible

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
OK - 3 is not BAD

omac
Oh Ekuban, cool. :cheers:

lex
Well. 3-0 Patriots.

Could have been worse.

Npba900
At 3rd and 16, why have the CB's playing so far off the receivers???? We got lucky only giving up 3.

MOtorboat
10-20-2008, 07:59 PM
At 3rd and 16, why have the CB's playing so far off the receivers???? We got lucky only giving up 3.

Because they had to go 16 yards to get a first down.

You play bump and run on third and you get beat deep easier.

Bronco4ever
Oh Ekuban, cool. :cheers:

I wasn't sure how he'd be after his injury last year, but he's been pretty consistent thus far. He was the best Brownco we picked up.

omac
Still pissed at Hall. That was a 6 point swing. :tsk:

hamrob
10-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I can't believe how many turnovers this team is having....and just about everyone has cost us points.

lex

This is old news. Slowik likes the massive cushions. Thats why our blitzing has no effect.

omac
I wasn't sure how he'd be after his injury last year, but he's been pretty consistent thus far. He was the best Brownco we picked up.

Oh, sometimes I miss those Browncos defense. :D

JKcatch724
10-20-2008, 08:01 PM
we're screwed if we have to stick to the run, regardless of who's back there.

omac
10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
This is old news. Slowik likes the massive cushions. Thats why our blitzing has no effect.

Yeah, the stat on Cassel is that he can't make long throws, so by giving him those cushions, we're actually playing to Cassel's strength.

Npba900
Dear lord... we send a blitz and we can't even touch the qb. Pretty terrible

Its good we are blitzing, but what good does the blitz do when the corners are playing so far off the receivers? Ya gotta use bump and run along with the blitz to knock the QB and Rcvr's rhythm off and make the QB hold the ball just long enough for the blitz or pass rush to get to the QB.

Bronco4ever
Oh, sometimes I miss those Browncos defense. :D

Haha... better than underachievers and busts!

omac
10-20-2008, 08:03 PM
PIttman is a beast. :cheers:

omac
10-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Well, that throw looked good. Marshall ran backward for about 5 yards trying to make something happen.

Npba900
Dam, Marshall gave up about 7 yards running backwards.

Retired_Member_001
Can someone please explain those weird white things on BMarsh's arms?

He wears them for the 1st half, and takes them off for the 2nd.

BroncoWave
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Are you effing kidding me? Andre Hall better not step on the field again tonight.

Denver Native (Carol)
DAMN DAMN DAMN :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Npba900
Andre Hall just might get cut after tonight.

Bronco4ever
:banghead:

JKcatch724
10-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Andre Hall will catch the next bus out of NE. His as will never get out of the doghouse

Den21vsBal19
FRACK ME!!!!!!!!!!

Not only do we fumble, but the damned thing goes twenty yards towards our goal and a gorram 15 yard pen :mad:

Npba900
Can someone please explain those weird white things on BMarsh's arms?

He wears them for the 1st half, and takes them off for the 2nd.

There called attention getters.:D

omac
Hall will not play another game this year. :D

Nomad
Hall needs to be benched!

Gamechanger
10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Andre Hall SUCKS!!!

Bronco4ever
Thank God the patriots suck

Npba900
Hall will not play another game this year. :D

Shanahan does not screw around with fumbles....thats for sure.

Retired_Member_001

32 att, 144 yards, TWO FUMBLES ON MNF.

red98

He has just entered Shanny's doghouse. May God have mercy on him.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
OK CHAMP :salute::salute:

Npba900
Champ bailey!!!!!!

Retired_Member_001
There called attention getters.:D

Seriosuly though, what are they?

Nomad
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Good thing Tom Brady isn't playing or it would be 14-0 Patriots!

BroncoAV06
Well the defense holds again..

Have enough problms with Cutler's finger, Pitt looking a little banged up, Hall better pray he does not fumble again.

Northman
When will this team learn? Turnovers have plagued us like crazy this year and we cant seem to improve on ball security. How disappointing. We can hang with anyone but these turnovers are just ridiculous.

slim

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 08:10 PM
To just be down 6 right now is a miracle. The first quarter can be labeled a disaster.

Retired_Member_001
Well the defense holds again..

Have enough problms with Cutler's finger, Pitt looking a little banged up, Hall better pray he does not fumble again.

Hall's confidence is done for the game.

We need to hope that Pittman is ready to play.

JKcatch724
we're lucky to be down just 6. there better not be another turnover.

Northman
10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Screw it! Im telling shanny im coming in. Look out for the Punter! I am the BULLDOZER!

JKcatch724
why the hell is hall returning kicks still?

dunk7
He should be investigated for betting on the Pats tonight. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Npba900
Seriosuly though, what are they?

I don't know to be honest. Perhaps they serve as form of adhesive band-aid protector against turf burns or something like that.

red98
Hall's confidence is done for the game.

We need to hope that Pittman is ready to play.

Well he's still returning kicks anyway.

omac
10-20-2008, 08:12 PM
What happened to this guy? In the preseason, he played great.

Both series, our offense had good rythm, despite Jay obviously limited with the finger injury. Pittman playing great. Hall 2 costly fumbles.

Den21vsBal19
Champ bailey!!!!!!
My Boy!!!!:D

Nomad
:ohwell:I gotta go to bed:(, hopefully BRONCOS can pull their heads out of their rearends or I expect to wake up tomorrow with the BRONCOS 4-3!!

dunk7
10-20-2008, 08:13 PM
What happened to this guy? In the preseason, he played great.

Both series, our offense had good rythm, despite Jay obviously limited with the finger injury. Pittman playing great. Hall 2 costly fumbles.

I'm with you, I thought Hall was going to be the starter...I guess he must have fumbled a lot in practice.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
GEEZ - would a turnover look good here.

Npba900
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
:ohwell:I gotta go to bed:(, hopefully BRONCOS can pull their heads out of their rearends or I expect to wake up tomorrow with the BRONCOS 4-3!!

So you have a early shift job? That sucks.

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Wow.... two piss poor tackle attempts when it should have been a loss, and he gets the first. Not good!

slim
10-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Calvin Lowery sucks...

Den21vsBal19
Damn site closer than we have any right to be

Bronco4ever
Calvin Lowery sucks...

wiener?

Drill-N-Fill
Ok Lowry has been out of position on almost every play.

Npba900
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow.... two piss poor tackle attempts when it should have been a loss, and he gets the first. Not good!

Yeah, this Lowery guy at safety is either rusty due to inactivity or he's really lousy.

JKcatch724
Lowry just got torched out of his socks. How is he better than McCree again?

Gamechanger
damn.....i feel ya pain trying to stop the run....:throwrock:

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 08:18 PM
We've turned Morris into Adrian Peterson.

omac
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
LOL, all the defenders were there and they still couldn't tackle.

BroncoAV06
Lowry just got torched out of his socks. How is he better than McCree again?

McCree is having problems with stingers which is why Calvin got a shot, no one is tackling on defense.

Bronco4ever
It's week 7 and yet I'm still amazed at how bad our defense is.

JKcatch724
Morris is gonna go for 200.

Den21vsBal19
Morris is looking like Walter Payton :frusty:

Northman
We've turned Morris into Adrian Peterson.

He's actually not that bad anyway. I think he has always been better than Maroney honestly.

Npba900
10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Webster had first shot to make the tackle and over shot the play. But he got a sack!

dunk7
WTF...2007 Broncos = 2008 Broncos

Retired_Member_001
Jarvis Moss got in on that play.

dunk7
Although 3 sacks...that's different

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2008, 08:21 PM
OK - GOOD :defense:

Bronco4ever
LOL! Ok if we are getting sacks, that means that the NE offensive line is awful!

JKcatch724
Jarvis in on that sack! And he was held!

Den21vsBal19
A sack!!!! A SACK!!!!!!!!

Npba900
My God.....we have 3 or 4 sacks already before half time. Amazing.

dunk7
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
We are going to get a TD this drive....I feel it

slim
wiener?

Yes, but only the footlongs

JKcatch724

Just shows you how bad New England's offensive line is :laugh:

Drill-N-Fill

Yeah, our d-line must be really good. :D

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Imagine if we scored right now... 7-6 after all that turbulence we just went through... wow!

omac
I think it was DJ who originaly got him, but he couldn't bring him down .... which make me wonder .... he couldn't bring down Matt Cassel? :D Come on DJ, hit hard.

JKcatch724
Cutler is off right now with that finger. But Cutler with a broken finger would still be better than Ramsey.

Northman
10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Jay broke his finger? Crap

Bronco4ever
10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, but only the footlongs

Those are the best ones too!

Denver Native (Carol)

I don't think any one said that he broke his finger.

Npba900
We are going to get a TD this drive....I feel it

You just might be right.

Den21vsBal19
Bullshit call on Marshall :mad:

JKcatch724

No. Probably just jammed. but his balls aren't the same

Retired_Member_001

It looks broken to me.

It's all wonky.

Denver Native (Carol)
What a CRAPPY penalty

Retired_Member_001
No. Probably just jammed. but his balls aren't the same

:confused:

Npba900
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh my, Pittman is getting hit really hard and is getting up more gingerly everytime.

JKcatch724
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
nothing is going our way right now. effin a.

BroncoWave
10-20-2008, 08:27 PM
What a bullshit PI call. That ruined our drive. I think we are just cursed tonight.

dunk7
10-20-2008, 08:27 PM
W I T F ... This ref is horsesh*t

JKcatch724
10-20-2008, 08:28 PM
:confused:

LOL didn't realize how that sounded.

slim
Total BS...

I feel like puking.

omac
We'll be lucky to only be down by 9 at the half. Thank you very much Andre Hall. One fumble ... it happens, but 2 on consecutive drives?

red98
10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
We need to get a turnover on this drive. Turn momentum our way

Den21vsBal19
Oh my, Pittman is getting hit really hard and is getting up more gingerly everytime.
We're going to see Hillis toting the rock before the end of the game

Bronco4ever
Let's get some more sacks

omac
W I T F ... This ref is horsesh*t

Where's Hochulli when we need him? :D