PDA

View Full Version : Failure to launch

gobroncsnv
04-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Ok, so what is with the Broncos' fear of drafting solid DLinemen? So far, this is another year of TOO many in a series to get strong enough to win some games at the point of attack. What is the deal with getting this done? I just annot understand how this is being ignored, so long and so often.

atwater27
04-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Ok, so what is with the Broncos' fear of drafting solid DLinemen? So far, this is another year of TOO many in a series to get strong enough to win some games at the point of attack. What is the deal with getting this done? I just annot understand how this is being ignored, so long and so often.

Unbelieveable... IMO DT is the most important position behind QB and maybe LT.

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Worst draft ever....sorry john......this was pathetic..

nevcraw
04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
it appears the broncos did not want to reach on any player. The other teams also let Paiea and Austin slide..

broncofaninfla
04-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks like another year of teams running on us with ease. We are screwed at DT yet again.

Montana Battlin Bear
04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
you guys are hilarious. worst draft ever? three starters with our first three picks. ******* retards.

Fan in Exile
04-29-2011, 07:57 PM
you guys are hilarious. worst draft ever? three starters with our first three picks. ******* retards.

I don't know if I would say it's the worst draft ever but it's pretty crappy to have a strong need at DT, in a draft with a lot of good DTs, and to get none.

zbeg
04-29-2011, 08:06 PM

I hate it when we get the best linebacker and the best safety in a draft where we badly needed help at linebacker and safety.

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I hate it when we get the best linebacker and the best safety in a draft where we badly needed help at linebacker and safety.

Dont forget about a guy to protect Tebow's blind side and a stud ILB.

Yeah...we sucked

HORSEPOWER 56
04-29-2011, 08:14 PM

I hate that we haven't drafted a decent DT since 1999...

I swear to God that the world won't end if we actually draft one... I PROMISE!

Oh, Rahim Moore is garbage. McBath is a better Safety - on IR...

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 08:17 PM
I hate that we haven't drafted a decent DT since 1999...

I swear to God that the world won't end if we actually draft one... I PROMISE!

Oh, Rahim Moore is garbage. McBath is a better Safety - on IR...

Hard not to like this attitude...

Moore said the team that drafts him doesn't have to worry about the safety position for the next 10-12 years. He believes he's special "in the most humble way. I'm going to get in early. I'm going to leave late. I'm going

to put in the same amount of hours, maybe more (than) the coaching staff.

He tries to pattern his game after Ravens All-Pro Ed Reed. Moore said he almost started crying when he got to talk to his favorite player of all time in a 45-minute phone conversation.

"That is one of the smartest men I've ever talked to in my life," Moore said of Reed. "I learned so much. I respect what he does, the hard work and dedication. The things he does on the field and off the field, I think some of the things I do resemble."

hotcarl
04-29-2011, 08:21 PM
i have heard enough bullshit for the last 10 years from our idiot soft ass bitch draft picks with good character

draft some mean ass mother******s that want to kill please

we arent playing ******* pattycake over here for ****s sakes

HORSEPOWER 56
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Hard not to like this attitude...

Moore said the team that drafts him doesn't have to worry about the safety position for the next 10-12 years. He believes he's special "in the most humble way. I'm going to get in early. I'm going to leave late. I'm going

to put in the same amount of hours, maybe more (than) the coaching staff.

He tries to pattern his game after Ravens All-Pro Ed Reed. Moore said he almost started crying when he got to talk to his favorite player of all time in a 45-minute phone conversation.

"That is one of the smartest men I've ever talked to in my life," Moore said of Reed. "I learned so much. I respect what he does, the hard work and dedication. The things he does on the field and off the field, I think some of the things I do resemble."

Oh, I love him as a person, I'm just not impressed with his body of work. He was the best of the worst Safety draft I've ever seen. The only reason that any of these guys are being drafted as high is because of the lack of talent. He's the Alex Smith of this class. Best of the worst. I sincerely hope he pans out, but he's really not a ball hawk, he's not a hitter, and he's not a solid tackler. He needs to do at least one of those things well to play Safety in the NFL. He doesn't, yet.

Montana Battlin Bear
04-29-2011, 08:24 PM

im not sure if you understood what I was saying there bud...

I was responding to someone earlier saying it was the worst draft ever..

I said three starters with the first three picks. I am in love with this draft so far.. I would like a DT but we can't reach on one just because we need one.

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh, I love him as a person, I'm just not impressed with his body of work. He was the best of the worst Safety draft I've ever seen. The only reason that any of these guys are being drafted as high is because of the lack of talent. He's the Alex Smith of this class. Best of the worst. I sincerely hope he pans out, but he's really not a ball hawk, he's not a hitter, and he's not a solid tackler. He needs to do at least one of those things well to play Safety in the NFL. He doesn't, yet.

I agree...he's the definition of a "centerfielder". But that's not always a bad thing

hotcarl
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
al wilson would kill anyone of you for a chance to play again and i respect that and i would let him kill me if we got some ******* balls on our d front again

youre welcome :defense:

gobroncsnv
04-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Well, I guess I'm grateful that we got some linebackers and a safety, since they are going to be the ones who'll have to make most of the tackles for us. The only thing our dline will be seeing of running backs the way we're set so far is just tail-lights.

hotcarl
04-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Well, I guess I'm grateful that we got some linebackers and a safety, since they are going to be the ones who'll have to make most of the tackles for us. The only thing our dline will be seeing of running backs the way we're set so far is just tail-lights.

pretty poorly constructed sentence but i get your "drift" if you know what i mean... :wink: keep on trucking

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 09:19 PM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
I don't like you.......but you are right.....worst draft ever.

dunk7
04-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Is Vickerson the only DT that we have under contract? I'm getting ulcers just thinking of McFagden and Bushy carving us up again.

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 09:27 PM
John kicked me off his facebook page......in two years he will want me back.

I HAVE A REP ON DRAFT DAY.

RAHIM MOORE SUCKS !

sneakers
04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Jeepers, relax

jhildebrand
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
The only thing I can think right now is Fox, Elway, and Xanders must feel very confident that there will not only be a FA period but one in which they can get someone.

Shaun Rogers is going to be gone in Cleveland and there will be other players available. That is the only thing I can think!

hotcarl
04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
The only thing I can think right now is Fox, Elway, and Xanders must feel very confident that there will not only be a FA period but one in which they can get someone.

Shaun Rogers is going to be gone in Cleveland and there will be other players available. That is the only thing I can think!

fooled again idiot

Softskull
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm a bit nervous about the Dline issue, but overall I'm happy with the draft so far. It was a classic BPA strategy based on long term goals. This team was crap last year and it wont be fixed in one draft.

jhildebrand
04-29-2011, 09:48 PM
fooled again idiot

You're right! I am probably hoping for too much and over thinking this.

TIA.

Ravage!!!
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Solid draft. We knew going in that other than DT, we had LB, MLB, S, and OL needs. Seems to me the FO didn't reach and filled in some of the MANY holes this team has. DT is not the only need.

I will trust Fox's knowledge of defensive talent and needs.

I Eat Staples
04-29-2011, 10:55 PM
IMO there's no excuse for not taking Paea or Austin with the back to back 2nd round picks. It wouldn't have been a reach, in fact they were probably the next BPA's after Bowers.

As for Moore, I don't think he'll ever be a pro bowl player, but I see him as a serviceable starter for years.

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 10:59 PM

YET if the opposing QBs have all day to throw on them or better yet they never throw because they can run all day what are these super stators going to accomplish?

You need balance and to have that you need something other that washed out veterans or scrubs on the LOS. Other wise the QB's pick you apart and we routinely give up 230+ running days..

A basic tenet in Football is you win and lose at the LOS. We have been sucking it up for a decade or more..

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 11:01 PM

lets hope so because we just let 5-6 PLAYERS slip through our hands..

I always believe a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..

Right now we have ZIP.

IIRC we do not even have a bonafide DT on the squad under contract..

G_Money
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM
I like Von Miller. I think Moore will start and get better, and I like him more than McBath. I understand the reasons for taking Orlando Franklin, even though Austin or Paea is 100% my guy at that point. That started me getting grumpy about the draft.

Irving finished wiping my confidence in our draft day plan. I think he's got a good motor, reads plays well, and will be a better ILB in the pros due to a certain lack of speed that can only be compensated for so much with good instincts (which he has). He's a bit like Jonathan Vilma that way.

Only problem is, DJ is gonna play the middle. If DJ is at Will that means Woodyard is gone or backing up again, and if Irving is the Will then IMO Woodyard is better. He ain't gonna play Sam since Miller is in there with permanent marker for 2011.

Meanwhile, there's no one to keep the trash at bay and stop the run up front. We passed up impact DL in Austin and Paea, IMO, and got...guys to compete for a starting job. Could Franklin start? Sure, he could be our starting RT. He could implode. He's not what I would call a guarantee, let alone an impact player.

Austin's an impact sort of guy, and Paea should be a better starter than anyone we've had at the position in years. So now I'm left to trust that the Broncos can do what they haven't done recently and sign some impact DL from outside the org. Crack the wallet and spend wisely. I'm not holding my breath.

Look, if Mebane AND Barry Cofield or Shaun Rogers are manning the defensive trenches for us when the season starts, all well and good. Trade DJ's salary in the next year, run with Woodyard, Irving and Miller at LB, Doom at the pressure end and a back 4 of Bailey, McBath, Moore and Goodman.

That should be a fast, pressure-based defense that can bring the heat from anywhere. Irving is actually a good up-the-middle blitzer, Von is unreal and Doom is Doom. Throw in some safety and corner blitzes and we should be able to get to the QB. It's a good start on our defensive makeover for sure.

But if we can't stop the run, nobody has to throw. DJ getting 150 tackles, all of them 6 yards downfield, doesn't help us. I get that we were looking for starters, but I don't pass over impact players for simple starters. Starting on this defense is like being qualified for a job at McDonalds. I wouldn't call it the toughest gig in the world.

We desperately need impact DL who can stop the run. We currently have zero of those. Maybe Fox and co believe we have more. Maybe Elway and Xanders are convinced they can sign the necessary FAs to come in here and turn it around.

But we leapfrogged impact players at a wasteland position to draft a position of some need (RT) with no guarantee of plus play, and a redundant position of LB, not to mention our 97th DB of the last 3 years.

Austin's "red flags" and Paea's knee might have been concerns for the front office. They weren't for me, but it's not my money. Now we need to spend far more of that money convincing good players to come here so we're not hamstrung by the same weakness we've suffered since 05.

I felt like this when we drafted DJ over Steven Jackson. I didn't think DJ was a bad player, but he wasn't the best LB on his own team and Jackson would be The Man for years to come. We got a decent player out of that draft, and totally missed on the impact one.

Welcome to Denver, new draftees. I don't hate any of you, but I'm only wowed by one of you.

Be impact players, please, all of you...and not just fingernail-scrabbling starters.

~G

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Good post ~G I feel much the same.

Good players and frankly we needed all of them..

BUT when you are this deep in DL talent you just do not pass it up for a ORT. They are a dime a dozen compared to DT. IMHO.

While I want to protect Tebows blind side, he flat may not be on the field all that much if we can not stop the run or get some semblance of pressure up the middle.

gobroncsnv
04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
G, as always, you're Money on this one... But what has our defense looked like the past 12 plus years without a decent dlineman? We've had decent to really good DB's, but again, ignoring the front wall is a large mistake, and we get run on to a fare-thee-well. We're already good at giving up 6+ yards per play, on just a basic dive. Certainly there are other important positions to address, but ignoring interior dline has shown to be a large mistake for over a decade.
Kurt Warner was saying on the NFL Network tonight, the toughest pressure to deal with is up the middle, because you don't have the comfort of being able to step forward on a pass play. But what does he know?

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 11:59 PM
G, as always, you're Money on this one... But what has our defense looked like the past 12 plus years without a decent dlineman? We've had decent to really good DB's, but again, ignoring the front wall is a large mistake, and we get run on to a fare-thee-well. We're already good at giving up 6+ yards per play, on just a basic dive. Certainly there are other important positions to address, but ignoring interior dline has shown to be a large mistake for over a decade.
Kurt Warner was saying on the NFL Network tonight, the toughest pressure to deal with is up the middle, because you don't have the comfort of being able to step forward on a pass play. But what does he know?

Amazing concept, EVEN if the DT do not penetrate into the pocket the QB still have no where to run up the gut.

Something we have lacked for almost ever.