PDA

View Full Version : DT Shaw suspended

Drill-N-Fill
10-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Didn't see this posted...apologies if it was.

The Denver Broncos have suspended defensive tackle Josh Shaw, according to Jay Glazer of FOX.

Shaw reportedly went Steve Smith on defensive end Kenny Peterson in a meeting after Shaw was repeatedly mocked by teammates.

Per Glazer, Broncos coaches had been riding Shaw, and he eventually let out a squeaky, Jim-Mora-saying-”playoffs?”-style reply, “I’m trying.”

Other players mimicked the phrase until Shaw made it clear that he didn’t want to hear it again.

And then the same contrarian aspect of human nature that prompted Jim Rome to call Jim Everett “Chris” and Buddy to call Miles Finch an elf kicked in for Peterson, who let the new catch phrase fly one more time, prompting Shaw to cold-**** Peterson.

The duration of the suspension is unclear at this point. Coach Mike Shanahan initially wanted to shut Shaw down for four games, which is the maximum penalty under the Collective Bargaining Agreement for conduct detrimental to the team. The NFL Players Association is involved in the process, and undoubtedly would appeal a four-game suspension to an independent arbitrator.

JKcatch724
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
:lol:

I haven't seen reasons for a suspension described in this much detail in a while. hahaha. just guys being guys.

girler
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I like the Buddy the Elf reference.

broncobryce
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, we DID get him from the Raiders.....just sayin :coffee:

scott.475
10-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Dear Kenny Peterson,

Apparently enough really was enough the time before you decided to open your yap. Next time, don't be such an idiot.

-Mike Shanahan

JKcatch724
10-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Peterson probably deserved to be decked for being a joke killer. Those people suck.

G_Money
10-19-2008, 10:47 PM
If only our DL hit the other team as hard as they hit each other.

~G

dogfish
10-19-2008, 11:14 PM
and we ditched a relatively competent vet to bring this guy in? i suppose i can't blame him for getting pissed off, but it's no wonder the coaches were riding him-- he's been a total waste of a roster space. . . how about they save the suspension and just cut him? bring in a young guy with some upside off another team's practice squad. . .

being useless isn't necessarily a cardinal sin for an end-of-the-roster lifetime scrub, but if he's also going to start a fight in the locker room it might be time to send him on his way. . .

ikillz0mbies
10-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Why not just release him? He hasn't done anything productive, hell Nic Clemons is much better than this guy. He probably hit Peterson because he knows he isn't as good as him either.

Northman
10-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Damn, there goes our Dline for this game. What was his name again?

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Damn, there goes our Dline for this game. What was his name again?
Wait...........we have a D-line?!?!?:confused:

gobroncsnv
10-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Wait...........we have a D-line?!?!?:confused:

That is a baseless, unsubstantiated charge that has NO basis in fact. Go wash your keyboard off with soap.

broncofaninfla
10-20-2008, 08:45 AM
I thought Shaw looked good before he got hurt in the limited play I've seen of him this year. The guy played through what was described as a very bad gash in his leg. With the lack of talent on our D line, I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

CoachChaz
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
We cant get to the QB as it is and the one guy that has accidentally found a way more than the others, gets knocked out. Great.