PDA

View Full Version : Question on the lockout and the stadiums

KCL
04-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Maybe I don't understand how this works and I wasn't sure where to put this..didn't want to put it in the lockout thread.

My question...The stadiums (at least in KC) The owners don't own the stadium.The Jackson county taxpayers are the one who foot the bill.When Arrowhead was renovated it had to be put on a ballet so the taxpayers could vote on whether they would be willing to pay a tax to get it done.

How is Clark Hunt allowed to keep the players out? Again I don't know if all stadiums are paid for by taxpayers.I don't understand how this works.

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Maybe I don't understand how this works and I wasn't sure where to put this..didn't want to put it in the lockout thread.

My question...The stadiums (at least in KC) The owners don't own the stadium.The Jackson county taxpayers are the one who foot the bill.When Arrowhead was renovated it had to be put on a ballet so the taxpayers could vote on whether they would be willing to pay a tax to get it done.

How is Clark Hunt allowed to keep the players out? Again I don't know if all stadiums are paid for by taxpayers.I don't understand how this works.

I don't know for sure so feel free to correct me, but I would guess it is like when a business leases a building. The owner of the building doesn't control what is happening in the building. I am sure it is part of the contract

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Its their place of employment. Regardless of ownership.

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Again I could be wrong but I think the taxpayers voted to fund Invesco, not Dove Valley

KCL
04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't know for sure so feel free to correct me, but I would guess it is like when a business leases a building. The owner of the building doesn't control what is happening in the building. I am sure it is part of the contract

I think you're right and I didn't think about that...:doh: Here is what I found on the lease.

They have it leased through 2031...damn hope I'm still breathing then..:lol:

KCL
04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Its their place of employment. Regardless of ownership.

It's all of their place of employment...does that sound right? :lol:
anyway still makes no sense to me sorta...oh well.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I think you're right and I didn't think about that...:doh: Here is what I found on the lease.

They have it leased through 2031...damn hope I'm still breathing then..:lol:

Well not winning a playoff game there since 93 will be what kills ya!
:D

KCL
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Well not winning a playoff game there since 93 will be what kills ya!
:D

Been with them for a long time..I haven't kicked the bucket yet obviously but I have come close to stroking out...:lol:

edit-that doesn't sound right..I mean I've come close to having a stroke after the blood pressure soared...:D

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Been with them for a long time..I haven't kicked the bucket yet obviously but I have come close to stroking out...:lol:

edit-that doesn't sound right..I mean I've come close to having a stroke after the blood pressure soared...:D

Actually it sounds just right for a chefs fan!!! LOL!!!!:D

KCL
04-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Actually it sounds just right for a chefs fan!!! LOL!!!!:D

:eek:

btw-my question was stupid.