PDA

View Full Version : Lockout lifted, Larsen leads Broncos back to work

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
One by one, the Broncos are making their way back to Dove Valley.

Fullback Spencer Larsen was the first player to work out at Broncos headquarters today, the first day NFL teams were required to open their facilities to players after a judge ruled the two-month-long lockout must be lifted.

Larsen arrived at 6:30 a.m., nearly three hours before head coach John Fox and general manager Brian Xanders.

"It was awesome, I came in, they let me work out, it was great," Larsen said.

Nine of Larsen's teammates arrived by 9:40 a.m. The other early arrivals were safety Brian Dawkins, offensive linemen Chris Kuper, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton and Eric Olsen, defensive end Robert Ayers, linebacker Braxton Kelley, cornerback Cassius Vaughn and tight end Dan Gronkowski.

Dawkins, who drove through the gate at 9:40 a.m., said he was going to pick up his playbook.

Players are now allowed to meet with their position coaches.

All workouts today and on Monday are voluntary and unsupervised, but the team plans to begin its official offseason workout plan, run by strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten, on Tuesday.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17958020

xzn
04-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Gold stars to all the guys who showed up to work as soon as they had the chance!

Traveler
04-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Where's Tebow?;)

LordTrychon
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm glad those guys showed up. Honestly wish we had more.

I don't see a thread on it yet in the new posts at least... but I'm hearing rumors that the 8th circuit is going to grant the stay until the appeal. The chance to meet with coaches may be VERY short.

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Not one of the QBs is trying to get a early jump into the playbook?

GEM
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
If the fan reaction at the draft didn't alarm Goodell and wake him up....he's got issues.

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I suspect it will be short lived until the appeal is won.

The real meat of the lockout is FA and trades.

To bad we did not get rid of Orton before all those in need drafted QBs in the first round.

Would have liked to get something for him before he is a UFA. And we lose any picks or players.

GEM
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
I suspect it will be short lived until the appeal is won.

The real meat of the lockout is FA and trades.

To bad we did not get rid of Orton before all those in need drafted QBs in the first round.

Would have liked to get something for him before he is a UFA. And we lose any picks or players.

I think there will still be a market for him. None of the QB's picked are a Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford or Matt Ryan, starter from Day 1. Weakest QB class in quite awhile.

xzn
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Good question about Tebow?

Actually, since we have the same coordinator there may not be that much that TT, Brady and Kyle don't already have. Still, you'd think Tebow wold have carpooled with Larsen!

Stoned Pony
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I think it woke him up. You could tell that he was really uncomfortable with his reception on stage AND I found that to be enjoyable.:D
If the fan reaction at the draft didn't alarm Goodell and wake him up....he's got issues.

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 12:59 PM
)ockout back on! Take THAT, JUDGE JUDY!

Edit: ugh. ******* espn jumping the gun.....

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I think it woke him up. You could tell that he was really uncomfortable with his reception on stage AND I found that to be enjoyable.:D

Definitely....I want these guys to feel uncomfortable. I want them to know that if they don't have football, there will be some pissed off people. Those pissed off people are the ones that pay for all that stuff that garners them $1 Billion to fight over.

Arrogant ********.

EastCoastBronco
04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Where's Tebow?;)

Knowing him, he was the one holding the door open for Larsen...;-)

Traveler
04-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Owners were just granted a stay. Lockout back on. Can you believe this shit?

Traveler
04-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Report: Owners get stay of injunction, lockout back on
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 29, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
APAlthough NFL players were being welcomed back to team facilities this morning because of Judge Susan Nelson’s injunction to end the lockout, that is changing this afternoon.

ESPN is reporting that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit has granted a temporary stay of the injunction and reinstated the lockout, meaning players will now be told to hit the road, and doors to team facilities are being locked this afternoon.

Michael Silver of Yahoo reported this afternoon that NFL players were bracing for a ruling from the Court of Appeals that would give the owners an “administrative” stay, meaning the lockout would be back on at least through the weekend.

Then, as soon as Monday, the Eighth Circuit will hear the players’ argument against a stay. At that point, the lockout could remain on, or the players could be let back in, depending on the Eighth Circuit’s ruling. And either way, it would just be temporary until the appeals court makes a decision on the owners’ appeal of Judge Nelson’s ruling.

So just hours after players were let back into team facilities this morning, they’ll now be told that they’re no longer welcome this afternoon. And we’ll all wait until Monday to see what the appeals court does next.

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Owners and players.....kiss my mother****ing ass. Take the $1 Billion, spread it out between all of you, take a dump, wipe your ass with it and let's play some mother****ing football!

How do ya like them apples? :mad:

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Be interesting to see the fans reaction at the opening of the draft tonight

slim
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
The fans are going to ape shit on their ass tonight.

slim
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Too bad Roger will be hiding in his office.

EastCoastBronco
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Owners and players.....kiss my mother****ing ass. Take the $1 Billion, spread it out between all of you, take a dump, wipe your ass with it and let's play some mother****ing football!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Cheers.

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
In honor of the royal wedding, let me be more proper....

All ye arrogant bootlickers....get your knickers out of the arse and get your bums on the football field. Or don't, gimme an ale and some futbol, you're all a bunch of panty sniffers with all those pads. Learn a real sport.

:D

xzn
04-29-2011, 01:21 PM
APAlthough NFL players were being welcomed back to team facilities this morning because of Judge Susan Nelson’s injunction to end the lockout, that is changing this afternoon.

ESPN is reporting that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit has granted a temporary stay of the injunction and reinstated the lockout, meaning players will now be told to hit the road, and doors to team facilities are being locked this afternoon.

Michael Silver of Yahoo reported this afternoon that NFL players were bracing for a ruling from the Court of Appeals that would give the owners an “administrative” stay, meaning the lockout would be back on at least through the weekend.

Then, as soon as Monday, the Eighth Circuit will hear the players’ argument against a stay. At that point, the lockout could remain on, or the players could be let back in, depending on the Eighth Circuit’s ruling. And either way, it would just be temporary until the appeals court makes a decision on the owners’ appeal of Judge Nelson’s ruling.

So just hours after players were let back into team facilities this morning, they’ll now be told that they’re no longer welcome this afternoon. And we’ll all wait until Monday to see what the appeals court does next.

I hate this.:tsk:

Traveler
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Then again, maybe not....

In the fluid situation that is the NFL labor mess, mistakes are being made — including a big one in the ESPN report that we cited just moments ago.

During the 1 p.m. Eastern SportsCenter, ESPN broke in with an on-screen graphic saying, “BREAKING NEWS: Court grants temporary stay of players’ injunction, reinstates NFL lockout.”

With that graphic on the screen, ESPN’s John Clayton reported that “The doors are going to be closing very, very quickly.”

But during the 2 p.m. SportsCenter, ESPN changed its graphic to, “DEVELOPING STORY: Court expected to decide whether to grant temporary stay of players’ injunction, reinstating NFL lockout.”

Clayton also changed his reporting to say that the decision hadn’t come down yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-was-granted/

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Nothing wrong with panty sniffing.

Traveler
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Nothing wrong with panty sniffing.

TMI! Freak! :D

DenBronx
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM

Exactlly. I just want football and they have ruined the offseason. I don't care who's right or wrong anymore.

DenBronx
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM

Yes, actually I can. They are all hard headed like a bull.

I hope the fans boo louder tonight.

I'm not buying the NFL ticket anymore because of this. I will however still buy Broncos merchandise because I believe the Pat and the Broncos wern't really on board with the rest of the owners from the beggining.

Traveler
04-29-2011, 02:22 PM

I'm not buying the NFL ticket anymore because of this. I will however still buy Broncos merchandise because I believe the Pat and the Broncos wern't really on board with the rest of the owners from the beggining.

I gotta keep the Ticket. One of the two ties I have left to Denver and the only way I can see all the Bronco games, being stuck here in Falcon country.

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Where's Tebow?;)burned out? Lol

So much for the "I'll be the 1st to arrive and the last to leave". :rolleyes:

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Glad its just a game with you. :eek:

GEM
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Glad its just a game with you. :eek:

It's a passion. ;) It is a stress relief. I love the game of football and I love my team.

DenBronx
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I gotta keep the Ticket. One of the two ties I have left to Denver and the only way I can see all the Bronco games, being stuck here in Falcon country.

Yeah I hear ya and I have a DVR so I love rewatching the games.

But I'm not giving them a dime. I'm going to watch it live streaming online and will just rewatch it on rewind. I will still have the RedZone so when Denver actually stalls a play with Orton under center at the 20 yard line then I will still see it live.

Ziggy
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
At least with the temporary stoppage of the lockout, the players will be able to pick up thier playbooks. With new systems on both sides of the ball, that's a huge gain for the Broncos.

KCL
04-29-2011, 03:27 PM

:tsk: Get this shit over with already!

KCL
04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
burned out? Lol

So much for the "I'll be the 1st to arrive and the last to leave". :rolleyes:

Maybe he was the one who let the players in...:D

KCL
04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
It's a passion. ;) It is a stress relief. I love the game of football and I love my team.

Same here except sometimes it causes stress...:lol:

Dean
04-29-2011, 08:33 PM
At least with the temporary stoppage of the lockout, the players will be able to pick up thier playbooks. With new systems on both sides of the ball, that's a huge gain for the Broncos.

I hope that they all got their playbook because the lockout is back.:tsk:

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I think there will still be a market for him. None of the QB's picked are a Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford or Matt Ryan, starter from Day 1. Weakest QB class in quite awhile.

yet a ton of them were taken,

Lets hope that we can get some value for him WHEN & IF they can get trades started again..

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 10:32 PM

YEs I said as much the other day.

We are talking about billions of dollars at stake.

The owners have put their own money into the investment and are entitled to a fair return on it.

it is a sad state of affairs to be able to invest money into municipal tax free bonds and get a better return.

yet the players have a semi legit gripe about having to give money back.

BUT I have to say I do not feel to bad for them, if it were not for the NFL none of them would have had the opportunity for a college education, nor make in some cases millions to play a game.

SO they have a short career BFD, if it were not for the NFL 98% of these clowns would be flipping burgers or standing on street corners selling drugs and most likely a very shorter career making one hell of a lot less money.

Where can you see semi illiterate, kids that make after 4 years a minimum of $500k per year. WIyth many making millions of guaranteed money.

We all know that they are dumb enough that 5 years after playing the GAME 90% of them will be flat broke..

NO I do not feel all that bad for them..

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 10:38 PM

I suspect that if anything Pat without huge deep pockets is one of the leaders in trying to get money back.

There have been rumors for years that he has been cash strapped. If they do not get concessions and get back to less than 50% of the pie, we very well could see the broncos in LA. or flat gone..

I am looking at it from a business mans position got to turn a profit even if it is a small one or you can't afford to compete for talent, look at CIN and CLE, they have sucked for years because their owners have not been able to afford major coaches and talent to be able to resign them after the rookie contracts..

Does anyone want that to happen to the Broncos?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- a three-judge panel on the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided Friday night to grant the NFL's request for a temporary stay on the injunction, granted Monday by District Judge Susan Richard Nelson, to lift the lockout.

The stay gives the NFL the ability to re-impose lockout conditions on the players a matter of hours after the league re-opened its doors to players to work out and seek treatment at team facilities. The league also has requested a full stay upon appeal, which would preserve the league's ability to lock out players until the injunction is heard before the 8th Circuit.

On Friday, the Brady class counsel filed a 39-page brief to argue its case against the full stay, and the NFL's response is due Monday at 9 a.m. ET. The 8th Circuit can rule on the full stay at any point after that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f95489/article/lockout-to-resume-after-appeals-court-grants-stay-of-ruling?module=HP_headlines