PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Game Day Thread

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Thought it might be fun to discuss other games here today.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm a Bills fan today.

KCL
10-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I am a Chiefs fan in case you all didn't know.With that being said...we play the last undefeated team today...:eek:

Go Chiefs! :D

Bronco9798
10-19-2008, 08:54 AM
San Diego needs to lose today, period.

I actually hope the Chiefs can find a way to beat the Titans today. We need the Titans to lose some games for home field positioning when the playoffs roll around. Chiefs are not going to be a factor in the division, but the Titans are going to play a roll in seeding for the playoffs. I know it's early but we need to keep finding ways to win and other top teams in the AFC need to keep losing. It's tough when you go into the playoffs as a #5 or # 6 seed. I'm still hopeful we can start playing better and work towards home field positioning throughout the playoffs.

Also be nice to see the Packers knock off the Colts

Anyway, just a thought. Those are the two games I have the most interest in today.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I am a Chiefs fan in case you all didn't know.With that being said...we play the last undefeated team today...:eek:

Go Chiefs! :D

Actually I would like to see the Chiefs to dominate the Titans, so the BRONCOS wouldn't look so bad:D plus we won't have to hear over and over again about the Titans being undefeated on the 4 letter network! And what 9798 said!

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm really into the Lions-Texans game later on.

KCL
10-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Actually I would like to see the Chiefs to dominate the Titans, so the BRONCOS wouldn't look so bad:D plus we won't have to hear over and over again about the Titans being undefeated on the 4 letter network! And what 9798 said!

Well KC has been known to upset one team this season...;)
so one never knows.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 09:07 AM
so one never knows.

Ouch! That's below the belt!:lol:

Bronco9798
10-19-2008, 09:08 AM
so one never knows.

You were dreaming that day. The Broncos are really 5-1, not 4-2.

REB
10-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Happy Football Sunday fellow Broncos fans! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Go Bills, Titans, and J-e-t-s!

I'll be watching the Charger game at 1pm. Have to watch the Packer game at 4 because the wife is a chessehead :) Looks like the best game at 4 anyhow. Tonights game sucks so I'll probably watch the Sox/Rays game.

Have a good one :2thumbs:

REB
10-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh, and for tomorrow night...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/SmileyPatriots-sux1.gif http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/SmileyPatriotsPuke1.gif http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/Smileystinkpats.gif

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/REB65/SmileySalute4.gif

Skinny
10-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Early games Pitt/Cincy, NO/Car. SD/Buff on the radio.

Late games Cleve/Wash, Indy/GB.

Should be a good day of football.

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 11:28 AM
San Diego needs to lose today, period.

San Diego ALWAYS needs to lose...and lose bad.

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
so one never knows.

Not nice! You should be ashamed...

...as punishment for your insolence, and toture beyond measure, I order you to watch an entire game of KC Chiefs football!

slim
10-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm really into the Lions-Texans game later on.

It's a little early to be drinking, MO.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 11:38 AM

No it's not. :beer:

I get that game and the Colts-Packers game...I'll be watching the latter of the two.

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 11:40 AM

...uh...what are you talking about Bevis?

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
How do you make Chiefs-Titans exciting?

Gus Johnson. :2thumbs:
This dude just cracks me up.

His first crack of the day.

"Titans-Chiefs. Arrowhead. SPECTACULAR FALL DAY!" Commercial.

He rules.

broncophan
10-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Enjoy the games today everyone.....:beer:.....I'll be flipping between Sf and the Giants.......and Pittsburgh and Cincy...

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 12:03 PM
How do you make Chiefs-Titans exciting?

Gus Johnson. :2thumbs:
This dude just cracks me up.

His first crack of the day.

"Titans-Chiefs. Arrowhead. SPECTACULAR FALL DAY!" Commercial.

He rules.

I forgot 'Moose' was your favorite color guy...

Must have gone to the "Joe Theismann School of Football Broadcasting..."

I actually kinda miss listening to that idiot...

broncobryce
10-19-2008, 12:25 PM
San Diego game delayed. Power outage or something. The "chargers" have a power outage? I'm not shocked, not much power in them. Too much crying must have short circuited the wires.

AgentOrange
10-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Chargers - Bills game has been suspended due to electrical problems. The financial crisis really hits home when a team can't pay the power bill.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
CBS having technical difficulties so the Chargers/Bills game is not on right now!

Titans/Chiefs, LJ isn't playing??? Chiefs cheerleaders looking mighty good today, can't say the same for their football team!!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 12:28 PM
CBS having technical difficulties so the Chargers/Bills game is not on right now!

Titans/Chiefs, LJ isn't playing??? Chiefs cheerleaders looking mighty good today, can't say the same for their football team!!:D

This seems a little strange - but could just be coincidence - today CBS is having technical difficulties, and last night TBS had the same problem at the start of the Rays/Boston playoff game :confused:

Nomad
10-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Chargers - Bills game has been suspended due to electrical problems. The financial crisis really hits home when a team can't pay the power bill.

So is it the stadium or CBS!!!:confused:

AgentOrange
10-19-2008, 12:29 PM

LJ's suspended for violating some mysterious team rule they won't talk about.

AgentOrange
10-19-2008, 12:30 PM
So is it the stadium or CBS!!!:confused:
It's the stadium. Whole place is dark.

Bronco9798
10-19-2008, 12:31 PM
LJ's suspended for violating some mysterious team rule they won't talk about.

Late for a team meeting early in the week. He wasn't suspended. Just in-active and getting paid.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 12:31 PM
This seems a little strange - but could just be coincidence - today CBS is having technical difficulties, and last night TBS had the same problem at the start of the Rays/Boston playoff game :confused:

My mistake Carol! I am as bad as ESPN for giving bad information!:lol:

Kapaibro
10-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Dallas needs Romo

AgentOrange
10-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Heheh....the Rams are up on the Dallas Raiders...uh, I mean Cowboiz...by a touchdown.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 12:36 PM
So, power has been restored at Buffalo's stadium, but now CBS is working on getting the signal back :eek:

BroncoTech
10-19-2008, 12:37 PM
We're getting the Bills - SD game and the Jets - Oakland today in the bay Area.
I'd almost like to go to the Raiders game today to see Farve live. I went to a Raiders - Lions game once just to see Barry Sanders, and it turned out to be his last season.

Power is restored in Buffalo and Bills are up by 3. Did I hear Rivers is out with an injury to the jaw? I knew he had that issue with his jaw always flapping, maybe they need to wire it shut.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Late for a team meeting early in the week. He wasn't suspended. Just in-active and getting paid.

The beauty of it is that they forced him to still practice. :pound: Apparently Carl Peterson isn't happy with Herm the Sperm for doing it either.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 12:44 PM
And imagine this...Brodie Croyle is hurt and their kicker missed a field goal. :pound:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 12:45 PM
ST 21 - Dallas 7 - almost end of 1st qtr.

broncobryce
10-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I also heard he wouldn't come out of a game. They wanted to put in the other guy and he said "No". He said if they do they will have 12 men on the field cuz he's not coming out. What a d**chebag.

Doom crew72
10-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Cowgirls look stunned, another fumble....:rofl:

AgentOrange
10-19-2008, 12:48 PM
ST 21 - Dallas 7 - almost end of 1st qtr.
Second turnover for the 'Boiz.

What's that flushing sound?

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Damn! The puddle is down!

I was going to see their reaction to Croyle leaving again.

Doom crew72
10-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Stop crying TO! :laugh:

gobroncsnv
10-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Stop crying TO! :laugh:

I've always thought that he and Moss were separated at birth...

Here's hoping for a triple outage in Buffalo... 2 for the power company, and a bigger one for the chargettes.

Northman
10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Wacko Flacco just barely missed Heap for a TD. Bmore seem to be handling the Dilphins and there werewolf attack pretty good today.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Brodie Croyle is done for the season.

Northman
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Brodie Croyle is done for the season.

This ought to break all the hearts of Chief fans worldwide. Bobo on the Mane use to say he would be better than Cutler. :rolleyes::lol:

Northman
10-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Man, the Panthers are crushing the Saints.

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 02:17 PM

..of course they are.

I picked NO...

Northman
10-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Kyle Orton is killing the Vikings. lmao

Ive never seen so many WR's that open ever.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Reggie Bush got hurt - is out for the rest of the game.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-19-2008, 02:27 PM
C'mon Bills, my first team I ever loved! Beat San Diego!

Northman
10-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Tennesse shutting out the Chiefs. Cant believe we lost to them. We better dominate them in Denver or im going to be pissed.

honz
10-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Phillip "Cry Me A" Rivers intercepted in the endzone...:lol:

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 02:40 PM

http://www.xbox360rally.com/wp-content/uploads/haha_simpsons.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM

NO - NOT Phyllis :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Hester is hurt now - some big names dropping today to injuries

honz
10-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Ralph Wilson looks like cool guy. I liked his genuine celebration after that FG...he just looks like a nice guy, which is a refreshing change of pace from owners like Jerry Jones, Al Davis, and others that generally hog the national spotlight.

Skinny
10-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Nail it shut Buffalo!

honz
:rofl: Rivers fumbles the ball! Game over...Bills got this locked up now.

Denver Native (Carol)
Phyllis just fumbled :salute::salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
Fumble San Diego, Buffalo recovers. I'd say game is over!

gobroncsnv
10-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Rivers looks pretty ordinary when he faces a team with a pass rush... wonder if we'll take a lesson from the Bills.

gobroncsnv
10-19-2008, 02:50 PM

LT does the crying for that team.

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Rivers looks pretty ordinary when he faces a team with a pass rush... wonder if we'll take a lesson from the Bills.

...or any other team that wins divisions and playoff games in the NFL.

Northman
10-19-2008, 02:53 PM
All the commentators picked SD to win today. I really have no idea why there is this massive consensus that SD is actually better than their record represents. Its pretty clear that their window is closing fast. But they will still be the favorites in our division because no one knows any better. lmao

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 02:56 PM
All the commentators picked SD to win today. I really have no idea why there is this massive consensus that SD is actually better than their record represents. Its pretty clear that their window is closing fast. But they will still be the favorites in our division because no one knows any better. lmao

For whatever reason, every year, the consensus among 99% of the football sports commentator, writers, etc. is that SD is the BEST team to NOT make the playoffs - :confused:

Broncolingus

...maybe we could steal a couple of their DL and LBs during their 'fall from grace.'

Broncolingus
For whatever reason, every year, the consensus among 99% of the football sports commentator, writers, etc. is that SD is the BEST team to NOT make the playoffs - :confused:

...its the 'powder blue' uni's, man!!!

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 02:57 PM
...maybe we could steal a couple of their DL and LBs during their 'fall from grace.'

We tried that...six games later we benched McCree.

Broncolingus
10-19-2008, 02:58 PM
We tried that...six games later we benched McCree.

I know...

Assuming he get's healthy again, I wouldn't mind seeing 'Roid-Rage' in a Bronco uni though...

honz
10-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Okay...so almost every NFL game runs over the allotted TV time, yet the Chargers game ended 3 minutes early despite being delayed due to the power outage...:confused:

gobroncsnv
10-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I love a nice power outage in the morning...

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Okay...so almost every NFL game runs over the allotted TV time, yet the Chargers game ended 3 minutes early despite being delayed due to the power outage...:confused:

You mean the Chargers power outage :laugh:

Northman
10-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Vikings within seven. 3 minutes left.

gobroncsnv
10-19-2008, 03:04 PM
I know...

Assuming he get's healthy again, I wouldn't mind seeing 'Roid-Rage' in a Bronco uni though...

They can keep him... he's a punk. I'd rather get Jamal Williams.
Main thing is, as long as they keep Turner as coach... every team he touches plays below their potential.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Way to go Bills! Hopefully the BRONCOS can capitalize off this. I picked the BRONCOS to win by 1 to 3 points, but I have a hunch it's not going to be pretty!

Northman
10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
If we dont turn it over we will beat the Pats. Simple as that.

broncobryce
10-19-2008, 03:18 PM

I know. And on nfl.com it said, "red hot chargers go into Buffalo". They win one game and they are red hot? Huh?:shocked:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Way to go Bills! Hopefully the BRONCOS can capitalize off this. I picked the BRONCOS to win by 1 to 3 points, but I have a hunch it's not going to be pretty!

Nomad - not to worry - we will take it easy on them and not beat them up too much ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Some comments off of the Chargers Fan Forum:

At this point...Im just hoping the Chargers pull a rabbit outta their *** b/c seriously...faith and hope aint cutting it anymore.

Im wondering...how come ALL OF OUR CB's are playing off waaaaaaaaay too far from the WR. Cason cant tackle for $***...not to mention Cromartie too!

(GOSH I HATE CROMARTIE!....dont give him a contract! Seriously!)

The Defense is playing zone waaaaaaaaaaaay too much!
Run D was there in the first 2 Q's but then diminished in the 2nd Half.

Rivers was on panic mode in the 2nd Half. He wasnt looking at open receivers but instead focused on the blitzes.
Completely blame Rivers on this with a partial "GRRR! you idiot!" to Norv.
(99% Rivers/1%Norv...because of the 4th and 1 Punt!)

Seriously...when the Chargers leave England...it'll be 3-5!

Anybody think Cro's going to get his 15 picks!? He's looked like dog**** almost all year.

Sure, Rivers had the turnover bug today. Can't do that. But the two things that are constant in all the losses are the poor defensive play or poor play by the offensive line.

The Saints are awful. Should be a good game in London.

you cant put it all on rivers! who else made a play at all today? without rivers we dont even score today.

Brees is gonna light up our secondary next week....a patchwork quilt of an offensive line allowed no sacks, and Trent Edwards torched us...i dont think Brees will throw an incompletion next week

Trent Edwards lit us up today....what you think brees is gonna do??? only thing is bush got injured in the game today, not sure how serious it is...

AND, I LOVE THIS ONE

well if i remember correctly we did start 3-5 last year.. before winning 8 straight.. but some of you fans dont remember that or your just blind to the fact.. and the offense didnt look this well.. nor did the defense.. so say what you guys want. but i have faith in my team.

Nomad
10-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Nomad - not to worry - we will take it easy on them and not beat them up too much ;)

I hope that's the case! Fans and players thought the same thing going into KC, just saying, and the BRONCOS still have the same problems: TOs, no pressure on QBs, and poor secondary play! But I'll only get to watch part of the 1st quarter being I got to get up at 3:30am to go to work!

broncobryce
10-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Rivers=2 fumbles, 1 pick in the endzone. Maybe Cutler has him shook.

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Looks like I missed all the fun with the early games..........not too mention a shedload of scoring :eek:

89 points in Chicago?!?!?!!??!?!?! What's that all about? :confused: ;)

Any high points I should know about.............other than the Sparklers losing :laugh:

Northman
10-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Looks like I missed all the fun with the early games..........not too mention a shedload of scoring :eek:

89 points in Chicago?!?!?!!??!?!?! What's that all about? :confused: ;)

Any high points I should know about.............other than the Sparklers losing :laugh:

I watched the Bears game. Crazy no doubt. 2 defensive Td's by the bears and Peterson still over a hundred yds rushing.

Bush, Hester, and Croyle all injured today.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
This one from the Charger's Fan Forum - PRICELESS

NFL paid us back for the BOOOO

Just a thought about today's Bills game. I saw this on the UT board. The NFL gave us the Ed Hoculi game the horrible Bengals and the Steelers and CBS didnt come back to the game on the West Coast for a good period of game time. On the gameday board the game was being broadcast again on the east coast well before we got to see anything. The NFL slapped $20k fines on some players this week. Now how do we get back at SD for the 5 minute long game time booooo? Embargo on. Turn off the game.

Not that the fans at home can do anything or were a part of the Boo. I guarantee I will be booing the NFL again.

Back to the Chargers. It's gonna be a long season. I can't believe I'm saying this... Go Patriots.

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2008, 03:58 PM
I watched the Bears game. Crazy no doubt. 2 defensive Td's by the bears and Peterson still over a hundred yds rushing.

Bush, Hester, and Croyle all injured today.
I bet they're gutted in KC about that :laugh:

Didn't Hester pick up a knock a couple of weeks back? :confused:

Hope Bush isn't too bad, although I'm not going, he's going to be one of the stars at Wembley

Dreadnought
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
The Bolts loss is pretty funny - esp. as it was caused by Rivers choking down the stretch :lol:

The Cowboys getting wiped out by the Rams isn't nearly as helpful to us but its even funnier!!! Waiting on a total T.O. meltdown any day now....

Both teams are similar, in that they are loaded with Fantasy Football Gods, are consistent darlings of the alleged football "experts", and have little or no character in a tight spot.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
It probably wouldn't make a difference, but why is Detroit playing this Orlovsky character when they have Drew Stanton on the bench?

honz
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM
It probably wouldn't make a difference, but why is Detroit playing this Orlovsky character when they have Drew Stanton on the bench?
:whoknows: I've been wondering the same thing...

Also, Reggie Bush will reportedly undergo arthrospocic knee surgery and be out 4 weeks or so...that's what they just said on the halftime show, at least.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Packers are tearin' it up.

Skinny
10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Their rippin' Indy a new poop shoot.

Jaws
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Rodgers gets to upstage Favre this week.

Are the Raiders still ahead? :O

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Interesting stat that.............GB have more yards on picks than Manning's thrown for :laugh:

Jaws
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Lol, timeout call backfires on Cable.

Overtime :laugh:

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Rodgers gets to upstage Favre this week.

Are the Raiders still ahead? :O

Nope...

Raiders freeze the kicker and it backfires on them...lol...

Jaws
10-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Hopin to see teh Faiders screwup the final few minutes of this game now after CBS finally switch from the zzzfest of Manning trying to score a touchdown.

Jaws
10-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Eek, closeup of Al.

I'll have nightmares tonight!

lex
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Hopin to see teh Faiders screwup the final few minutes of this game now after CBS finally switch from the zzzfest of Manning trying to score a touchdown.

Not me. Its more beneficial if the Raiders win since the Jets are a more likely candidate to contend for a wildcard spot.

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Eek, closeup of Al.

I'll have nightmares tonight!
I was just thinking the same thing :laugh:

Just glad I've not got the lapy connected to the TV yet!!!

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Not me. Its more beneficial if the Raiders win since the Jets are a more likely candidate to contend for a wildcard spot.

Meh,

You're not much of a Broncos fan if you're rooting for the Raiders to win a game in Week 7. Now, if the wild card is actually on the line in Week 17, I get it...

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Faiders win - what a weird football year :banghead::banghead:

Jaws
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I was just thinking the same thing :laugh:

Just glad I've not got the lapy connected to the TV yet!!!

Lol and I'm even extra glad I'm watching it on the portable and I don't have high definition!

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
And on that depressing note, I'm gonna call it a night

Here's to a good game tomorrow :beer:

frauschieze
10-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Faiders win - what a weird football year :banghead::banghead:

Dang, I should trust my sick gut more often. I picked the Fade to win that game and thought GB would win too, but went with Indy after thinking about it too much.

Italianmobstr7
10-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Meh,

You're not much of a Broncos fan if you're rooting for the Raiders to win a game in Week 7. Now, if the wild card is actually on the line in Week 17, I get it...

I was torn too, and I've been a die-hard fan since I was a little kid. The game had playoff implications for later on in the year. It's always nice to see the Raiders lose, but them going to 2-4 and knocking down a team that has a shot at a wild card doesn't make anyone less of a fan. The Raiders suck and are no threat to the Broncos this season. If someone were rooting for the Chargers to win, then that's different, but it's the lowly, helpless Raiders. I don't care that they won, I always prefer that they lose, but it's really not a big deal. Either way, Go Broncos!

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I was torn too, and I've been a die-hard fan since I was a little kid. The game had playoff implications for later on in the year. It's always nice to see the Raiders lose, but them going to 2-4 and knocking down a team that has a shot at a wild card doesn't make anyone less of a fan. The Raiders suck and are no threat to the Broncos this season. If someone were rooting for the Chargers to win, then that's different, but it's the lowly, helpless Raiders. I don't care that they won, I always prefer that they lose, but it's really not a big deal. Either way, Go Broncos!

Um, nope.

Win the division and the wild card doesn't matter.

Northman
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Raiders play the Ravens next week. They will be back on a losing streak so all is good.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Meh,

Thats pure nonsense. The games now count as well. And your other post about winning the division is a nice idea but its better to not assume the Broncos to win out...its better to have some wiggle room. And if the Jets are a more likely candidate to contend for a WC, its more pro-Broncos if the Jets lose. Nevermind the Raiders.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Thats pure nonsense. The games now count as well. And your other post about winning the division is a nice idea but its better to not assume the Broncos to win out...its better to have some wiggle room. And if the Jets are a more likely candidate to contend for a WC, its more pro-Broncos if the Jets lose. Nevermind the Raiders.

Winning the division is now pure nonsense?

OK...gotcha.

The Broncos don't have to win out to win the division, considering they have a lead and the Chargers lost. Of course, its nonsensical to figure that the Broncos will automatically win more than the Raiders, isn't it?

lex
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Winning the division is now pure nonsense?

OK...gotcha.

Who said that?

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Who said that?

Just inferring from your post. Making a logical deduction.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Just inferring from your post. Making a logical deduction.

Well maybe you should stop making inferences since this isnt the first time youve failed miserably at it. And, no, it wasnt logical.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Well maybe you should stop making inferences since this isnt the first time youve failed miserably at it. And, no, it wasnt logical.

Actually, it was.

According to you, the Broncos have to win out to win the division (not a very intelligent comment), so we should root for the Raiders to beat the Jets, so that we can get a wild card spot.

I'd say that I've got pretty clear logic.

Italianmobstr7
10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Um, nope.

Win the division and the wild card doesn't matter.

But if we don't win the division then it DOES matter. The Raiders winning today doesn't affect our chances of winning this division that much. So the Raiders winning, isn't all that bad actually. If it comes down to a wild card which it's very possible that it could, then the Jets have a loss to an AFC team in the Raiders which helps us. Hopefully we're not in that prediciment and we win the division, but you never know.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Actually, it was.

According to you, the Broncos have to win out to win the division (not a very intelligent comment), so we should root for the Raiders to beat the Jets, so that we can get a wild card spot.

I'd say that I've got pretty clear logic.

No, none of that was said. Youre guessing and youre way off. If youd just think about what youre saying and how it doesnt make any sense, it should be obvious from that standpoint alone that something else was being said.

Obviously Denver would be better off winning the division. And naturally the WC woudlnt matter in that instance but as I said before theres a lot of season left and Im not assuming that Denver is going to win out so from that standpoint, any kind of cushion that losses early in the season may afford us is helpful. I took no position on anything you said. Everything that you said was logical to assume made no sense--again.

TXBRONC
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM

I agree with not counting your chick before the eggs have hatched but the Dudz are not looking like they are going to put up much of fight.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM
But if we don't win the division then it DOES matter. The Raiders winning today doesn't affect our chances of winning this division that much. So the Raiders winning, isn't all that bad actually. If it comes down to a wild card which it's very possible that it could, then the Jets have a loss to an AFC team in the Raiders which helps us. Hopefully we're not in that prediciment and we win the division, but you never know.

Look into that crystal ball and tell me the Raiders aren't going to win a bunch of games. I know...what a preposterous thought...the Raiders could never come from behind...

I stand by what I said. Win the division, and the wild card doesn't matter. I also stand by my comment that you're not much of a Bronco fan if you're rooting for Oakland to win in Week 7. Week 17...we'll talk, but there's too much football to be played to be rooting for them now.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
No, none of that was said. Youre guessing and youre way off. If youd just think about what youre saying and how it doesnt make any sense, it should be obvious from that standpoint alone that something else was being said.

Obviously Denver would be better off winning the division. And naturally the WC woudlnt matter in that instance but as I said before theres a lot of season left and Im not assuming that Denver is going to win out so from that standpoint, any kind of cushion that losses early in the season may afford us is helpful. I took no position on anything you said. Everything that you said was logical made no sense--again.

I don't know what that last sentence means, but OK.

Again, if you've done the math, which isn't really complicated, considering I can do it, Denver doesn't have to win out to win the division.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Look into that crystal ball and tell me the Raiders aren't going to win a bunch of games. I know...what a preposterous though...the Raiders could never come from behind...

I stand by what I said. Win the division, and the wild card doesn't matter. I also stand by my comment that you're not much of a Bronco fan if you're rooting for Oakland to win in Week 7. Week 17...we'll talk, but there's too much football to be played to be rooting for them now.

Im not ruling out what youre saying but at this point the Jets seem like the more likely candidates to contend for the wild card. The Raiders look like theyve been improving but the fact that they have such a raw QB means they are less likely to be consistent enough compared to the Jets, especially as Favre learns more of the offense. The Raiders putting some wins together isnt impossible but its less likely than the Jets being there at the end.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't know what that last sentence means, but OK.

Again, if you've done the math, which isn't really complicated, considering I can do it, Denver doesn't have to win out to win the division.

You are wrong on everything else, why would you understand the last sentence. Thats not exactly a stretch when someone is as wrong as often as you are. LOL.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Im not ruling out what youre saying but at this point the Jets seem like the more likely candidates to contend for the wild card. The Raiders look like theyve been improving but the fact that they have such a raw QB means they are less likely to be consistent enough compared to the Jets, especially as Favre learns more of the offense. The Raiders putting some wins together isnt impossible but its less likely than the Jets being there at the end.

You said it yourself, there's too much football to be played. So, once again, I stand by my statements.

You root for the division opponents to lose.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
You are wrong on everything else, why would you understand the last sentence. Thats not exactly a stretch when someone is as wrong as often as you are. LOL.

The last sentence doesn't make sense. As far as being wrong all the time, how's Ryan Harris?

lex
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
The last sentence doesn't make sense. As far as being wrong all the time, how's Ryan Harris?

Everything that you said was logical actually made no sense. It made sense.

put another way:

What you call logical = makes no sense

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Everything that you said was logical actually made no sense. It made sense.

If this equals this:

What you call logical = makes no sense

You need to learn punctuation better.

Once again, you have a problem forming arguments.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2008, 07:36 PM
OK - please - enough of directing personal posts at each other.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:39 PM
If this equals this:

You need to learn punctuation better.

Once again, you have a problem forming arguments.

Not really. Youre the only one struggling with this.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Not really. Youre the only one struggling with this.

No...I'm not the only one. But you keep thinking that.

lex
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
No...I'm not the only one. But you keep thinking that.

I will, Jimmy Olson.

frauschieze
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey....isn't there Sunday Night Football or something going on?

KCL
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey....isn't there Sunday Night Football or something going on?

Seattle and TB

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I will, Jimmy Olson.

Not sure who that is, but I'm guessing you're trying to insult me somehow. Good job lex...you are the football god. :laugh:

frauschieze
10-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Seattle and TB

Oh fun. Are the seachickens losing yet? Are MB and Lex just trying to recreate the epic battle that is on NBC right now? Lemme guess......MB is TB? :D

lex
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Not sure who that is, but I'm guessing you're trying to insult me somehow. Good job lex...you are the football god. :laugh:

Good point...being oblivious can serve as protection. Along those lines, you have every reason to believe your bullet proof. Haha.

Let me guess. You dont know what that means.

KCL
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh fun. Are the seachickens losing yet? Are MB and Lex just trying to recreate the epic battle that is on NBC right now? Lemme guess......MB is TB? :D

TB over Seattle 7-0..as far as Mo and Lex....no idea and I don't want one.;)

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
TB over Seattle 7-0..as far as Mo and Lex....no idea and I don't want one.;)

I think I should be insulted. You don't want me?

MOtorboat
Good point...being oblivious can serve as protection. Along those lines, you have every reason to believe your bullet proof. Haha.

Let me guess. You dont know what that means.

I'm the one here who can admit when I'm wrong.

KCL

Should I? :laugh:

frauschieze
10-19-2008, 08:07 PM

Yeah, Mo is adorable in his Avs jammies. How could you not want him?

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Wore them all day...grocery shopping and everything...

frauschieze
10-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Wore them all day...grocery shopping and everything...

I have the flu. I've been in my jammies all day too, only around the house though. And no beer or whiskey. It's a sad day.

KCL
10-19-2008, 08:14 PM

What would I do with him?

girler
10-19-2008, 08:21 PM

I would have him read Harry Potter to me all day. :love:

KCL
10-19-2008, 08:22 PM

okay.........;)

girler
10-19-2008, 08:25 PM
okay.........;)

Then he would hate it so much, he'd ask to be a house elf instead, and he'd LIKE it. See? Then I'd have my very own house elf, and I'd name him Dobby II.

MOtorboat
10-19-2008, 08:25 PM

I can come up with a few things.

:confused:

KCL
10-19-2008, 08:32 PM
I can come up with a few things.

okay Mo...I'm game...what can you come up with? Wait this isn't this kind
of thread.Tell me in the other thread.I need to laugh so make it funny.