PDA

View Full Version : Where does milller fit?

horsepig
04-29-2011, 01:15 AM
A smallish DE, a pass rushing fool in a 34. In a 43 we now have two very lightweight DEs. WTF?
Here we go again. Cannot stop the run.

If you cannot stop the run you are ******. Everybody passes like crazed fools, if Miller can help that I'
m all for it, but how does he match up with Doom?

Do we put two 263 pound DEs out there?

Agent of Orange
04-29-2011, 01:18 AM
It all depends. I was kind of like you in thinking along those lines but the bigger issue is whether he can be a play maker and whether they get the most out of his skill set. If the defense overall is better with him at Will, I would hope he would play Will. But the ability to pressure the QB is vey important and whether its Will or Sam, matters less than providing pressure (from wherever).

Ziggy
04-29-2011, 01:28 AM
The front office said in the pre draft press conference that they see Miller as a Sam linebacker. That being said, I think we'll see him lined up all over the place on passing downs. Think Derrick Thomas.

silkamilkamonico
04-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Miller was projected best as 3-4 pass rusher. I think he's a great talent.

I'm a little perturbed to think we have possibly 3 outstanding pass rushing LB's in a 3-4, and have switched back to a 4-3. Say what you want about Dumerville, and he is a player, but he isn't going to be as productive in the 4-3 as he was in the 3-4, IMHO. The fact is, he's best as a 3-4 pass rushing LB as well. I would be curious to know how Dumerville feels about moving back to DE in a 4-3 after having his most productive playing season in the 3-4.

Ayers? At this point who knows.

At least John Fox has this season to prove me wrong about the immediate future of our defense. Top half or bust.

cuzz4169
04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
A smallish DE, a pass rushing fool in a 34. In a 43 we now have two very lightweight DEs. WTF?

If you cannot stop the run you are ******. Everybody passes like crazed fools, if Miller can help that I'

Uhhh he's not a DE in base 4-3 he plays LB...will probably play sam LB...and on passing downs will be used as a DE.

cuzz4169
04-29-2011, 02:23 AM

I'm a little perturbed to think we have possibly 3 outstanding pass rushing LB's in a 3-4, and have switched back to a 4-3. Say what you want about Dumerville, and he is a player, but he isn't going to be as productive in the 4-3 as he was in the 3-4, IMHO. The fact is, he's best as a 3-4 pass rushing LB as well. I would be curious to know how Dumerville feels about moving back to DE in a 4-3 after having his most productive playing season in the 3-4.

At least John Fox has this season to prove me wrong about the immediate future of our defense. Top half or bust.

Again Doom led college football in sacks as a 4-3 DE never played 3-4 OLB till 2009. Has ALWAYS rushed the passer with his hand on the ground till 2009 & most of the time he was lined up at DE that year in passing downs. Do you think teams stay in a 3-4 every play? Elvis Dumervil should be the last person anyone should worry about on our defense.

Ziggy
04-29-2011, 02:41 AM
"Von Miller is the best player in this draft," Green Bay Packers director of college scouting John Dorsey said. "Why I say that is you can't throw away from him. He's going to put pressure on the quarterback.

horsepig
04-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Uhhh he's not a DE in base 4-3 he plays LB...will probably play sam LB...and on passing downs will be used as a DE.

Okay, lrt him play at SAM, we still have shit in the middle. Hell, if you'rte gonna take the best player available, then why not Peterson?

Good God, this franchise has always gone for the slim, trim, athletic player over the big fatty. That strategy is fine, IF you already some real fatty's .

horsepig
04-29-2011, 03:21 AM
It all starts up ******* front!!! Offense & defense both!

horsepig
04-29-2011, 03:24 AM
It all depends. I was kind of like you in thinking along those lines but the bigger issue is whether he can be a play maker and whether they get the most out of his skill set. If the defense overall is better with him at Will, I would hope he would play Will. But the ability to pressure the QB is vey important and whether its Will or Sam, matters less than providing pressure (from wherever).

Gotta stop the run first

Timmy!
04-29-2011, 03:40 AM
JFC people, if we don't pick up any hogs with our 2 second round picks, feel free to panic, but if you've paid attention, we are sitting damn pretty at 36 right now for some real bacon at that pick, and our late 2nd isn't looking horrible either. Let's wait a day before we panic after picking, by all experts consensus, the 1-3rd best player in the draft.

Northman
04-29-2011, 04:06 AM

While the 3-4 scheme was best suited for Doom he was still productive in the 4-3. Problem was he didnt have ANY help on the Dline in that scheme and if John and company can get him the kind of help he needs than it will open it up for him to be just as successful as he was in the 3-4.

Northman
04-29-2011, 04:07 AM
JFC people, if we don't pick up any hogs with our 2 second round picks, feel free to panic, but if you've paid attention, we are sitting damn pretty at 36 right now for some real bacon at that pick, and our late 2nd isn't looking horrible either. Let's wait a day before we panic after picking, by all experts consensus, the 1-3rd best player in the draft.

I wouldnt call it REAL bacon but at least we have a shot at somebody.

horsepig
04-29-2011, 04:10 AM
Okay

They better go for the fatty's, NOW!!
**** the secondary, if they don't have it up front,m trhrow the baby out with the water.

Timmy!
04-29-2011, 04:27 AM

Eh, so it's not a pig lovers platter :drool:

:kingpassesout:

But it could still be some tasty pork if we play this right. :D

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
The front office said in the pre draft press conference that they see Miller as a Sam linebacker. That being said, I think we'll see him lined up all over the place on passing downs. Think Derrick Thomas.

I am trying to think Derrick Thomas, but thats a HUGE stretch.
Thats what i think Fox wil attempt to do, but there has to be other role players out there on defense. Has to be. Without DTs, this is all for nothing.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 07:59 AM

It's real bacon but it's not premium grade.

LTC Pain
04-29-2011, 08:35 AM
I am trying to think Derrick Thomas, but thats a HUGE stretch.
Thats what i think Fox wil attempt to do, but there has to be other role players out there on defense. Has to be. Without DTs, this is all for nothing.

We need DTs to plug the middle, yes. But the draft isn't over yet :)

vandammage13
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM

Yeah I didn't like the pick at #2...If we were still running a 3-4 it would be easier to swallow, but I don't really see how he helps us in the 4-3. I'll reserve judgement until later, but IMO LBs in a 4-3 can be had in later rounds. You need studs on the DLine to make a 4-3 work, and we don't have any at the DT position.

If Doom can regain his form after injury and switching back to DE then maybe we'll be OK, but I'm not too optimistic right now about this.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 08:59 AM
We need DTs to plug the middle, yes. But the draft isn't over yet :)

Elway and Fox have both said they understand how important it is to fix the defensive line. Right I trust that they will address it.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Elway and Fox have both said they understand how important it is to fix the defensive line. Right I trust that they will address it.

They had better. And i dont mean FA. Thats a horrible way to run a buisness.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
They had better. And i dont mean FA. Thats a horrible way to run a buisness.

FA route would be ok if we got someone like Mebane but there is no guarantee we could get him. At least in this draft we can be reasonably sure that we can get a potentially good defensive tackle and for that matter less expensive.

BigDaddyBronco
04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
He'll play SAM probably. One thing that made me go "wow" last night is that his 20yd shuttle time was faster than Patrick Peterson's and his 40 time would have been in the middle of the pack for the CB's. That makes me think that he'll be a really good asset as a pass rusher and a pass defesing LB. How he does against the run is to be seen.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:20 AM
FA route would be ok if we got someone like Mebane but there is no guarantee we could get him. At least in this draft we can be reasonably sure that we can get a potentially good defensive tackle and for that matter less expensive.

Whats so sad, is DEN needs 2! DTs! Bad.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
He'll play SAM probably. One thing that made me go "wow" last night is that his 20yd shuttle time was faster than Patrick Peterson's and his 40 time would have been in the middle of the pack for the CB's. That makes me think that he'll be a really good asset as a pass rusher and a pass defesing LB. How he does against the run is to be seen.

Hes not good against the run. Thats where the problems start. Hopefully Fox can make him a total player. Hes done it recently with a # of players in CAR.
James Anderson SAM
Thomas Davis WILL
Charles Johnson DE

This is where i am giving Elway/Fox a pass with Miller. I will allow them the time and training to take this kid and make him the next Derrick Thomas.
A complete football player that can do it all for 4 downs.
They still need to address the DT position though.

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
He's actually solid against the run. His biggest downfall against the run is that he would overrun some plays, but he will close a gap on the inside in a heartbeat and he sheds blocks decently with his hand movement. In my opinion, this is the one part of his game that has continued to improve the most and with a few tweaks, I think he can be VERY good against the run.

horsepig
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
My God, we're just like the Raiders.

Do not, ever, ever take the big man.

Clady was a fluke. How the Hell did we pull that one off?

The "Crypt Keeper" seems to like to give out huge contracts to fast guys.

We, apparently, will always go with what I call the Simon Fletcher syndrome.

In other words, take a great physical talent and match him up against huge ****** fat guys. Sure, he'll have a nice career, but just wait until the chips are down and we will get
our hats taken off and handed to us.

Does John not recall Neil Smith?
How about Alfred Williams?

Good night, Smith was cut loose by the Chefs and was in his car driving to Lincoln to have a little chat with Dr. Tom when it hit him, Hell turn around and go to Denver! Elway has always needed a defensive line to put his team over the top. Smith basically just walked into to Dove Valley and asked if they might want a ******* stud Defensive end and Shanny, for once in his life, made a good choice and said, "You bet!".

Then Alfred fell into their laps also. The Bungles (or is it Broncos) just let him go. Kind of like Mikey did with Pryce 50 years ago, when they said he was too old.

Maybe it is a locker room space thing.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Whats so sad, is DEN needs 2! DTs! Bad.

It's possible to draft two. Heck right now I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility get Austin and Paea in the second round.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
He's actually solid against the run. His biggest downfall against the run is that he would overrun some plays, but he will close a gap on the inside in a heartbeat and he sheds blocks decently with his hand movement. In my opinion, this is the one part of his game that has continued to improve the most and with a few tweaks, I think he can be VERY good against the run.

Because hes a high motor guy, i think he makes alot of tackles downfield against RBs but it doesnt mean hes good against the run. Its his most glaring area of improvement and while it isnt the worst issue to have, he does need to improve there. I think its play recognition for the most part.
Clay Matthews also wasnt a huge run stopper in college either and he was labeled with it as a glaring area of concern, and now look at him.
Its the play making ability even when a RB is 10 yards downfield, Claymaker is coming all the way back from the backfield and knocking the ball outta the RBs arms from behind. So technically because Matthews didnt stop the RB in the backfield, he was "bad" against the run, but he never gave up and made a play.
This is what Miller brings. High motor, high intensity, all out maniac attack.
Again, i am OK with it as long as Fox/Elway have a specific plan for him.
Dude, i am just glad we didnt take Peterson. Whew!

OrangeHoof
04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
I think the feeling was that Miller was worthy of an overall #2 in the draft and the other d-linemen weren't. He's a disruptor and a playmaker.

But I agree that we need to overhaul the interior defense and Dareus would have been a nice fit. We've got too many little guys on defense and not enough big guys but it doesn't mean that you can't make some trades once the lockout thing is resolved.

I keep thinking about the Texans who are trying to take their 4-3 players and become a 3-4 defense while we have 3-4 players who are trying to be retrofit into a 4-3 defense and thinking there ought to be some deals made. The trouble with that is that the Texans sucked on defense as much as the Broncos did.

But if there was a way to trade Doom, Ayers and D.J. Williams for Amobi Okoye and Mario Williams, I think both teams would benefit although the contracts involved would probably prevent that from happening.

My only question with Von Miller is whether he can play pass coverage. You guys do know a SAM's primary job is to account for the tight end, don't you? He has the speed for the job but does he have any cover skills?

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
I think the feeling was that Miller was worthy of an overall #2 in the draft and the other d-linemen weren't. He's a disruptor and a playmaker.

But I agree that we need to overhaul the interior defense and Dareus would have been a nice fit. We've got too many little guys on defense and not enough big guys but it doesn't mean that you can't make some trades once the lockout thing is resolved.

I keep thinking about the Texans who are trying to take their 4-3 players and become a 3-4 defense while we have 3-4 players who are trying to be retrofit into a 4-3 defense and thinking there ought to be some deals made. The trouble with that is that the Texans sucked on defense as much as the Broncos did.

But if there was a way to trade Doom, Ayers and D.J. Williams for Amobi Okoye and Mario Williams, I think both teams would benefit although the contracts involved would probably prevent that from happening.

My only question with Von Miller is whether he can play pass coverage. You guys do know a SAM's primary job is to account for the tight end, don't you? He has the speed for the job but does he have any cover skills?

Short answer...yes.

Ravage!!!
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Von Miller fits perfectly in the SAM spot that will allow our defense to bring some serious heat to the opposing QBs. I know Chief fans that said to me after the draft "holy crap, you guys have Doom coming back and now have Von Miller!" Ayers is now in his third year, and its time he actually shows something. Perhaps having Doom and Miller will give him more opportunities.

Miller is FAST...he'll be our version of Derek Thomas and teamed up with a great defensive mind in Fox. Love the pick.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM

As Cuzz mentioned, Doom is good either standing up or with his hand in the
dirt. I don't have any worries about Ayers since they are returning him to his
natural position - which Fox implied was the issue with him.

Miller can play anywhere. That is his value. He is going to be a game-planning
nightmare.

There still is good DT talent on the board, thanks to the idiots who reached
for all the questionable QBs. Denver likely will end up with Paea or Austin, and
there is nothing wrong with either as a football player. My worries largely went
away at the end of the first round.

-----

broncohead
04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
We should be able to get one of the 2. I would even be happy to trade up to grab both

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 11:06 AM
We should be able to get one of the 2. I would even be happy to trade up to grab both

If DEN can get any of these 4 DTs it would be perfect.
Marvin Austin
Stephen Paea
Jarvis Jenkins
Kendrick Ellis (NT)

HORSEPOWER 56
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Miller fits perfectly in the grill of opposing QBs...

May he and Doom compete yearly for the sack title!

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
If DEN can get any of these 4 DTs it would be perfect.
Marvin Austin
Stephen Paea
Jarvis Jenkins
Kendrick Ellis (NT)

Highly likely they can get 2 of them. But even if they went with OL at 46, there would still be talent available in the 3rd.

Ellis, Casey, McClain, Powe...

...there are even a few sleepers I like that could be had in the 6th or 7th.

Cedric Thornton, Lawrence Guy...

silkamilkamonico
04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Again Doom led college football in sacks as a 4-3 DE never played 3-4 OLB till 2009. Has ALWAYS rushed the passer with his hand on the ground till 2009 & most of the time he was lined up at DE that year in passing downs. Do you think teams stay in a 3-4 every play? Elvis Dumervil should be the last person anyone should worry about on our defense.

Right because we all know Dumervil was as dominant in the 4-3 as he was in the 3-4, not to mention the 6.5 ypc that teams averaged per run running to his side.

And LMAO at anyone bringing up college stats, especially for a marginally best conference like the ACC, and then completely dismissing the fact that Dumervil had half his sacks that season in the first 2 games against 3-8 juggernaut Kentucky and 5-6 force Oregon State.

Again, Doom is a player and will be fine, but thinking he's going to be the force of a player in the 4-3 as he was in the 3-4 is ignoring his plentiful NFL career.
But hey, if we can find a way to continue to play below average college talent, you just might be on to something.

Dzone
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
The guy is such an amazing athlete. Best pick we could have made imho. He will be all over the field. Immediate impact. He is clay matthews with more strength

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
The guy is such an amazing athlete. Best pick we could have made imho. He will be all over the field. Immediate impact. He is clay matthews with more strength

No ones bigger or stronger than Claymaker son.
http://cheeseheadsdoc.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/clay-matthews-01.jpg

GEM
04-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Who is to say that they don't get all these guys on the field and realize we are more equipped for the 3-4 and just go that route?

GEM
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Short answer...yes.

Vic and Gary talked about that this morning. They stated that in college that all that was asked of him was to pursue the QB, he wasn't asked to cover and just because he wasn't asked, doesn't mean he cannot. They stated that in the Senior game, he was asked to cover RB's, TE's and to cover and he did very well.

Just because there aren't highlights of it happening, doesn't mean he doesn't have the skill.

GEM
04-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Right because we all know Dumervil was as dominant in the 4-3 as he was in the 3-4, not to mention the 6.5 ypc that teams averaged per run running to his side.

And LMAO at anyone bringing up college stats, especially for a marginally best conference like the ACC, and then completely dismissing the fact that Dumervil had half his sacks that season in the first 2 games against 3-8 juggernaut Kentucky and 5-6 force Oregon State.

Again, Doom is a player and will be fine, but thinking he's going to be the force of a player in the 4-3 as he was in the 3-4 is ignoring his plentiful NFL career.
But hey, if we can find a way to continue to play below average college talent, you just might be on to something.

Doom had 12 sacks his first year in the 4-3, 5 the next and 17 the year in the 3-4. I don't see the 12 sacks as being a down year. That is pretty damn good for a 1st year player.

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Vic and Gary talked about that this morning. They stated that in college that all that was asked of him was to pursue the QB, he wasn't asked to cover and just because he wasn't asked, doesn't mean he cannot. They stated that in the Senior game, he was asked to cover RB's, TE's and to cover and he did very well.

Just because there aren't highlights of it happening, doesn't mean he doesn't have the skill.

Big interception in the game against UT this past year. One play in one game, but he does have the ability to cover. Hasnt been asked to do it a lot, but I was always good with his skills there.

xzn
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
In Fox's presser he mentions coverage before pass rushing as an ability of Von's.

They clearly see him as a complete package SOLB + elite edge rusher = #2 overall pick value.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Big interception in the game against UT this past year. One play in one game, but he does have the ability to cover. Hasnt been asked to do it a lot, but I was always good with his skills there.

He covered TE Luke Stocker in the senior Bowl and i think thats where alot of folks were wow'd over by him. He also knocked the poop outta Stocker over the middle however Stocker held onto the ball. At the end of the day they said both Luke and Von were impressive.
Be kinda cool to get both of them!
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/678/202/VonMillerSeniorBowl_display_image.jpg?1296405971

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Okay, lrt him play at SAM, we still have shit in the middle. Hell, if you'rte gonna take the best player available, then why not Peterson?

Good God, this franchise has always gone for the slim, trim, athletic player over the big fatty. That strategy is fine, IF you already some real fatty's .

Goodness, HP. Cheer up a little. :)

So what if the Broncos end up with, say, Haggan or Mays (who could turn out
good) at MLB? You think a linebacking corps with D.J. on one side and Miller on
the other is going to be a bad one?

The Broncos still have a shot at a good DT or two. The roof hasn't collapsed yet . . .

-----

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Why didn't they take Peterson.....because he's Champ version 2.0. And that has done what to mask the deficiencies in the front 7?

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Why didn't they take Peterson.....because he's Champ version 2.0. And that has done what to mask the deficiencies in the front 7?

Peterson and Miller were obviously the two best players in the draft. Fox said
that if they had two stars of equal ability, and one plays in a position of
greater need to the team, that would would probably be selected. That is
apparently what happened . . .

-----

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Peterson and Miller were obviously the two best players in the draft. Fox said
that if they had two stars of equal ability, and one plays in a position of
greater need to the team, that would would probably be selected. That is
apparently what happened . . .

-----

My point being....we already have a 5 star corner and it hasn't done much to conceal the other deficiencies. Although Peterson will be great, it won't do the Broncos a lick of good.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
My point being....we already have a 5 star corner and it hasn't done much to conceal the other deficiencies. Although Peterson will be great, it won't do the Broncos a lick of good.

Even Champ said that.

He said the Broncos will not get better until they get stronger up front . . .

-----

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:21 PM
To answer the question, where will Miller fit.....He'll fit nicely standing over Rivers while Rivers is spitting up teeth.

:D

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
To answer the question, where will Miller fit.....He'll fit nicely standing over Rivers while Rivers is spitting up teeth.

:D

How about picturing Miller and Doom shaking hands over Rivers' fallen body . . .

-----

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
How about picturing Miller and Doom shaking hands over Rivers' fallen body . . .

-----

Just belly bump right over the top of the guy. :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Rivers would have some stupid look on his face.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Rivers would have some stupid look on his face.

So? Isn't that what Rivers usually has? ;)

-----

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Doom had 12 sacks his first year in the 4-3, 5 the next and 17 the year in the 3-4. I don't see the 12 sacks as being a down year. That is pretty damn good for a 1st year player.

In his rookie season he had 8 sacks as part-timer and then 12 as full time starter. 20 sacks in 2 seasons isn't for any defensive end in a 4-3.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM

I like the idea of the calm handshake.

As in, "This is getting to be routine." :nod:

-----

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 01:39 PM
The many faces of Philip Quivers
http://ddgrecords.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/philip_rivers.jpg

http://www.fimho.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Philip-Rivers.jpg

http://www.philiprivers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/philip-rivers.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2008/09/philip-rivers-092008.jpg

GEM
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7877/riversc.jpg

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
So? Isn't that what Rivers usually has? ;)

-----

That's only when he's happy every other time he looks his wife has cut him off sex for last 6 months.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
The many faces of Philip Quivers
http://ddgrecords.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/philip_rivers.jpg

http://www.fimho.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Philip-Rivers.jpg

http://www.philiprivers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/philip-rivers.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2008/09/philip-rivers-092008.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7877/riversc.jpg

http://www.johnlund.com/images/Patient-in-traction.jpg

-----

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 03:12 PM
I love that Miller starts off his presser with, "Howdy". Aggie Pride!!!!!

Agent of Orange
04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Gotta stop the run first

That can be a little misleading. Teams amass stats against you often times from not getting off the field on 3rd down. When teams convert 3rd downs, they obviously get to hold on to the ball and run it more.

elsid13
04-30-2011, 06:38 AM
It will be extremely interesting how they use him. Rarely are 4/3 Sams impact players in the NFL. If he was playing a Will position I would feel a little better on his potential impact to make a difference to this defense, but as SAM I am afraid we overpaid for him. I liked Aaron Curry (Seattle) potential as LB far better then Millers and he(Curry) has been solid but not speculator player in NFL. Fox and Allen will have be to very creative to get Miller involved in the base defense.

horsepig
04-30-2011, 08:51 AM
That can be a little misleading. Teams amass stats against you often times from not getting off the field on 3rd down. When teams convert 3rd downs, they obviously get to hold on to the ball and run it more.

You make a very good point here. The defense is just weak everywhere and as I sit here Saturday AM.... still no DT.

Nomad
04-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I read at BM via twitter, Miller wants #58! I expect nothing less and no excuses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGurzBk7QL8