3. Ben Ijanla
4. Ryan Williams
5. Orlando Franklin
6. Mikel Leshoure
7. Martez Wilson
8. Quan Sturdivant
9. Stefen Wisniewski
10. Kenrick Ellis

I also wouldn't complain if we picked up Daquan Bowers. I'm not high on taking a DE, but if his knee can get us 5 years of quality play, he'd be a steal in the 2nd.

horsepig
04-28-2011, 11:39 PM
For God's sake, lets addres the DLine!

SpringsBroncoFan
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
At 36 it's Austin or Paea
At 46 it's Gilbert or Franklin
At 67, the next DT... probably Ellis

WARHORSE
04-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Austin and Bowers and Im SET.

horsepig
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I hope Peaia(?) is still there. Austin will be gone.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 12:01 AM
I hope Peaia(?) is still there. Austin will be gone.

Only way I see Austin being gone is if the Pats trade with a team looking for DT...

horsepig
04-29-2011, 12:01 AM
To me it's the same ole same ole, draft the hot shot and lets just forget about the trenches.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 12:14 AM
To me it's the same ole same ole, draft the hot shot and lets just forget about the trenches.

I'd have to say let's wait to pass judgement...

Clearly the Broncos have spent a long time considering this...

They have to have gambled that Austin/Paea would be there and that they see Casey as a substitute at 36 with Ellis being their rock to fall back on at 67...

Further I think they must be comfortable with McClain & pos Jenkins at 67 for the 2nd DT...

G_Money
04-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Von Miller is like some Frankenstein cross between Derrick Thomas and Mike Singletary. A linebacker and team leader who speaks softly, carries a big stick, rushes the passer like a crack-snorting demon and tackles everything in his path with clean technique?

He's not a hotshot, he's a cornerstone.

That said, I wanted Dareus. The only reason I am not currently leaping around my house like a crazy person is because we need the trenches manned by more than the dead stiffs that have cluttered that position since, um...Trevor Pryce, I guess.

But Miles Austin is a mid-first-round talent as a DT who can both disrupt the run and get up the field, and Paea is the best in the draft at stonewalling offensive linemen IMO, even more than some of the heavier guys.

As long as we address our defensive trench in the 2nd round, I'll be thrilled with Von - you can't get anyone like him tomorrow, that's for sure. We'd better find ways to use him to his fullest.

If we don't address it, then I'll still love Von but he won't help us win on his own. It does look like the LB corps should be Woodyard/DJ/Von though, and that should be fun.

And Ziggy, I'm down with most of the guys on your list. Til dogfish gets here, you're my proxy for the draft. ;)

~G

Agent of Orange
04-29-2011, 01:00 AM

Its not really the same. Miller is a front 7 player. At least its not back to front.

horsepig
04-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Lists be damned. What the Hell? The nut is in who they pick, not who someone hopes they pick.

This franchise hqas always been in a little light up front, on both sides.

We don't need horses up front, we need ****** Rhinos! Great, a fast, athletic linebacker(?) when we cannot even hold the los on defense. Same old shit.

T^he Orange Crush defense haqd some studs up front, they just didn';t get the rec the LB's did. Great backfield too, Billy Thompson, Louie Wright, etc..

Without Rubin Carter , Rulon Jones, etc... that defense would of sucked!

Agent of Orange
04-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Akeem Ayers
Stephen Paea
Kenrick Ellis
Stephen Wisnewski

DaQuan Bowers

Magnificent Seven
04-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Broncos should go for DL and DB in 2nd round.

sneakers
04-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Don't pick a QB

horsepig
04-29-2011, 03:44 AM
The difference makers are gone, we now have a hybrid, smallish DE/SAM.

How has this choice helped our team?

We need fatty's, period. I love Millers skill set, he's a ****** giant!

What good will he be w/o Fairley(fatty) or Dareues(superfatty) up front?

Mays, the other guy, blunt the shit up front and your backers will make pro bowls

Timmy!
04-29-2011, 03:52 AM
The difference makers are gone, we now have a hybrid, smallish DE/SAM.

How has this choice helped our team?

We need fatty's, period. I love Millers skill set, he's a ****** giant!

What good will he be w/o Fairley(fatty) or Dareues(superfatty) up front?

Mays, the other guy, blunt the shit up front and your backers will make pro bowls

I understand your concerns, but settle down Beavis. I think the FO's got this one.

If they fubar the 2nd round, I'll be first in line for a protest sign, but so far things are going nicely.

Northman
04-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Just two i would consider at this point in the second.

Paea and Leshoure.

horsepig
04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
We will see. Iwould not be surprised t0o see those ******s draft a ******* RB

horsepig
04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
How aqbout a WR?

Northman
04-29-2011, 04:17 AM
How aqbout a WR?

I dont think we need a WR, a pass catching TE yes.

CrazyHorse
04-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Da'Quan Bowers

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Paea and Austin

claymore
04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
BPA dont reach for anyone...

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
No to Bowers. Theres a reason for the slide and its his medical. Hes got a trick knee and the word is out. DAMAGED GOODS. Just say no to Bowers. Thats $$$ wasted. Plus why would anyone want him now that DEN has more than enough players to rush the passer?
Let another team make the mistake. DEN cannot afford to screw up the 2nd. Especially since they still have not addressed their biggest need, DT.

M Austin or S Paea at 36
M Wilson or M Leshoure at 46 ( If Paea is still there at 46, take him!)
L Stocker or K Ellis at 67

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 08:28 AM
I like Austin at 36 and while it may not be my first choice, I kind of see Fox looking at LeShoure at 46

LTC Pain
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM
No to Bowers. Theres a reason for the slide and its his medical. Hes got a trick knee and the word is out. DAMAGED GOODS. Just say no to Bowers. Thats $$$ wasted. Plus why would anyone want him now that DEN has more than enough players to rush the passer?
Let another team make the mistake. DEN cannot afford to screw up the 2nd. Especially since they still have not addressed their biggest need, DT.

M Austin or S Paea at 36
M Wilson or M Leshoure at 46 ( If Paea is still there at 46, take him!)
L Stocker or K Ellis at 67

I agree. And with this draft being deep at DE/DT, why take a chance on Bowers?

Traveler
04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
If they can land Austin @36, I'll be one happy camper! My guess is that they'll try to trade out of the #46 spot for 4th & 5th round picks.

If they don't make a move at #46, I hope they address either the OT (Franklin) or ILB (Wilson), positions.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree. And with this draft being deep at DE/DT, why take a chance on Bowers?

IIRC last night seven defensive ends were selected in the first round while only four defensive tackles were taken. That should leave the talent pool still well stocked .

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:36 AM
IIRC last night seven defensive ends were selected in the first round while only four defensive tackles were taken. That should leave the talent pool still well stocked .

Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona
Jabaal Sheard, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miami
Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State

Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
Jarvis Jenkins, DE/DT, Clemson
Kenrick Ellis, NT/DT, Hampton
Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

xzn
04-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Highest rated DT on our board @ 36: Paea or Austin

Highest rated TE or RB @ 46: Kyle Rudolph or Jacqizz Rogers

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Highest rated DT on our board @ 36: Paea or Austin

Highest rated TE or RB @ 46: Kyle Rudolph or Jacqizz Rogers

No dude. We need a bruiser, that can take time off the clock. Reliable too.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/343/394/leshoure_display_image.jpg?1281804280

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I'd be okay with LeShoure at 46. This guy just reeks of John Fox

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I'd be okay with LeShoure at 46. This guy just reeks of John Fox

Yeah, thats why i am throwin it out there.
Moreno is NOT a Fox type RB.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona
Jabaal Sheard, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miami
Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State

Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
Jarvis Jenkins, DE/DT, Clemson
Kenrick Ellis, NT/DT, Hampton
Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

Isn't there another defensive tackle from UNC that is available in this draft:questionmark:

xzn
04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
No dude. We need a bruiser, that can take time off the clock. Reliable too.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/343/394/leshoure_display_image.jpg?1281804280

Don't we still have LenDale?

It's way too early to give up on Knowshon.

We need a speedy 3rd down back, imo.

I'd also be happy with some other "gadget" types later in the draft, like Noel Devine, Shane Vereen or Kendall Hunter.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't we still have LenDale?

It's way too early to give up on Knowshon.

We need a speedy 3rd down back, imo.

I'd also be happy with some other "gadget" types later in the draft, like Noel Devine, Shane Vereen or Kendall Hunter.

Lendale completely tore his achilles. Hes on his 2nd pizza of the day, and not someone you would ever, ever want to rely on. Maybe as a DT come to think of it! LOL!
If you want Rodgers now then taking another scat back later would be a waste of picks.
Leshoure is the complete NFL RB. Hes exactly what John Fox looks for in a RB.
He can do it all, and hes a load to bring down.
Kendall Hunter, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray or Allen Bradford are all later options. I think there will be a run on RBs in the bottom of the 2nd top of the 3rd myself.

red98
04-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Da'Quan Bowers

I guess we're in the minority here but if they take him with the #36 I'll have no complaints.

TXBRONC
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I guess we're in the minority here but if they take him with the #36 I'll have no complaints.

That knee of his is major concern. It reminds me a lot of Dewayne Robertson.

red98
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
That knee of his is major concern. It reminds me a lot of Dewayne Robertson.

Could be and I'd be happy with one the DTs as well. But I think the "knee" is overblown.

If Denver thinks enough of him to grab him at 36 I figure they've done their research and he's good to go. I'd be happy with that.

Ravage!!!
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I get the knee is a concern.. absolutely. But, for the value, I would love Bowers in the 2nd. Man.. .what value. He can move around the DL and was a player that was considered to be the #1 overall pick right after the season? Yes, concerns with the knee. But with that value, I take the chance.

I also would love to see Austin or Peaa... but would like Jenkins as well.

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I am in the minority that would take a shot on Bowers.....he is young enough to be able to rehab the knee....He would be a guy you stick in on 3rd downs......put him in where needed and keep him healthy.

If we go DT.....sweet.

But......I would roll the dice with Bowers. He can change a game.

CoachChaz
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
I figure that if you go from being the #1 pick...top 5 at least...to completely dropping out of the 1st round, then NFL personnel guys HAVE to know something about the knee. You dont drop that far based on rumors and speculation. Especially when 5 or more DE's get drafted before you.

Ravage!!!
04-29-2011, 11:31 AM
I figure that if you go from being the #1 pick...top 5 at least...to completely dropping out of the 1st round, then NFL personnel guys HAVE to know something about the knee. You dont drop that far based on rumors and speculation. Especially when 5 or more DE's get drafted before you.

I agree with that.. which is why I wouldn't have taken a chance with him on 1st round money. But second round pick, I would jump on it. If he plays on that knee at the level he did through college, then we get the steal of the draft, and got him in the 2nd round.

But as I said, I certainly won't be upset if we take Austin instead. I'm just saying I won't be one of the screamers if we take the chance. I think the value is well worth it at this point.

red98
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I am in the minority that would take a shot on Bowers.....he is young enough to be able to rehab the knee....He would be a guy you stick in on 3rd downs......put him in where needed and keep him healthy.

If we go DT.....sweet.

But......I would roll the dice with Bowers. He can change a game.

If they take him he will be an every down DE. Probably sliding inside on passing downs. He's not just an edge pass rusher.

rationalfan
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM

first, the draft isn't over.

second, it's not as if the team is a good dlineman away from being a playoff team. the broncos need talent everywhere. let them pick best player and hope there's a plan for the dline somewhere.

xzn
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Lendale completely tore his achilles. Hes on his 2nd pizza of the day, and not someone you would ever, ever want to rely on. Maybe as a DT come to think of it! LOL!
If you want Rodgers now then taking another scat back later would be a waste of picks.
Leshoure is the complete NFL RB. Hes exactly what John Fox looks for in a RB.
He can do it all, and hes a load to bring down.
Kendall Hunter, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray or Allen Bradford are all later options. I think there will be a run on RBs in the bottom of the 2nd top of the 3rd myself.

Okay if the new regime thought his achilles was not going to be rehabbed why would he still be on the roster when we cleared out dead wood like Williams, Bannan and Graham?

You are right, I wouldn't "count" on LenDale, and am not. I'm saying, if he is healthy and in shape, is a money short yardage goaline back. Besides we also have the best short yards guy in the league playing QB!

IF we took a back, I'd like to see ONE speed guy. If it sounded like I was talking about two I was not. I see Knowshon as a feature back, we have pounders, we need a scatback, imo.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Isn't there another defensive tackle from UNC that is available in this draft:questionmark:

Theres the DE Quinn.Already taken. And OLB Bruce Carter. And ILB Quan Sturdivant.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Okay if the new regime thought his achilles was not going to be rehabbed why would he still be on the roster when we cleared out dead wood like Williams, Bannan and Graham?

You are right, I wouldn't "count" on LenDale, and am not. I'm saying, if he is healthy and in shape, is a money short yardage goaline back. Besides we also have the best short yards guy in the league playing QB!

IF we took a back, I'd like to see ONE speed guy. If it sounded like I was talking about two I was not. I see Knowshon as a feature back, we have pounders, we need a scatback, imo.

I wouldnt count on Lendale. he is notoriously lazy.
Bannan is nothing more than a back-up stop gap player.
Graham was waaaaay overpaid. DEN saved huge in that move.
Jamal is like 40 years old. hes toast.
RB is a weak position in DEN and Ledale is still young, so they kept him on. But i wouldnt rely on him to wake up in the morning on his own.
And Knowshow is not a Fox type RB. I wouldnt be suprised to see him traded away along with Orton if they could do it. Hes slow, lacks vision, and is always injured.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 01:10 PM
So far today in trolling the internet, consensus seems to be:

Pats taking Reed unless they trade
Bills & Bengals picking guys that don't impact us
Browns taking Bowers
Broncos Austin at 36
Paea gone before 46
Broncos at 46 seem to be all over the place though...

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
So far today in trolling the internet, consensus seems to be:

Pats taking Reed unless they trade
Bills & Bengals picking guys that don't impact us
Browns taking Bowers
Broncos Austin at 36
Paea gone before 46
Broncos at 46 seem to be all over the place though...

Where are you getting this? I am at work. link?

Ziggy
04-29-2011, 01:16 PM
If the Broncos get Austin or Paea at 36, the next pick is gravy. RB, RT, DL, ILB, OT, TE, or S. BPA

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I've read 3-4 mocks that think the same thing, so my guess is the opposite will happen.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Where are you getting this? I am at work. link?

Oh crap! One link was PFT but they are now posting the lockout is back on!

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 01:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/29/pfts-second-round-mock-draft/

McShay's insider, like I mentioned skip Kiper(in another thread)
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=6446825

There were a couple more, I'll check...

I'm pissed the league got the stay on the lockout though...

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/29/pfts-second-round-mock-draft/

McShay's insider, like I mentioned skip Kiper(in another thread)
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=6446825

There were a couple more, I'll check...

I'm pissed the league got the stay on the lockout though...

Now PFT says the lockout back on was a bad report by E!SPN.

T.K.O.
04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Temporary stay expected, ESPN retracts report that stay was granted
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 29, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
APIn the fluid situation that is the NFL labor mess, mistakes are being made — including a big one in the ESPN report that we cited just moments ago.

jhildebrand
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Don Banks round 2 mock has Denver taking Austin and then Kyle Rudolph the TE from Notre Dame.

I would be pretty stoked if that came to fruition.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Now PFT says the lockout back on was a bad report by E!SPN.

Don't you mean BSPN??? :lol:

xzn
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I wouldnt count on Lendale. he is notoriously lazy.
Bannan is nothing more than a back-up stop gap player.
Graham was waaaaay overpaid. DEN saved huge in that move.
Jamal is like 40 years old. hes toast.
RB is a weak position in DEN and Ledale is still young, so they kept him on. But i wouldnt rely on him to wake up in the morning on his own.
And Knowshow is not a Fox type RB. I wouldnt be suprised to see him traded away along with Orton if they could do it. Hes slow, lacks vision, and is always injured.

I see where you're coming from but LenDale was one of the 17 who showed up to Dove Valley during the brief window of opportunity to do so. Maybe I'm sentimental for a D.P.S. kid who went to USC to overcome some immaturity and contribute in a limited way for my favorite team.

Even w/out him on the roster I'd rather have a speed guy who can be a change of pace for Knowshon. Where are you getting that he's not a Fox type back? Did Fox say that?

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
I am not wearing pants until we get Bowers.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 01:46 PM
OMG! I know many hate this site but I can't resist, I'm sure it'll piss off lots... disclaimer, I wouldn't pick him before 46 either... :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/683760-2011-nfl-draft-complete-second-round-mock-draft#/articles/683760-2011-nfl-draft-complete-second-round-mock-draft/page/5

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I see where you're coming from but LenDale was one of the 17 who showed up to Dove Valley during the brief window of opportunity to do so. Maybe I'm sentimental for a D.P.S. kid who went to USC to overcome some immaturity and contribute in a limited way for my favorite team.

Even w/out him on the roster I'd rather have a speed guy who can be a change of pace for Knowshon. Where are you getting that he's not a Fox type back? Did Fox say that?

Knowshown just isnt a RB that can be counted on.
He isnt a game changer. He isnt feared by the League.
He doesnt have true Pro Bowl ability.
Basically, hes Lawrence Maroney 2.0.
Slow, bad vision, never get into the secondary and is alway injured.

DeAngelo Williams on the other hand, while he has dealt with injuries is a true game changer.
Hes incredibly fast. Once into the secondary, forget about it. Hes gone.
He has insane vision. He can find holes where there was none.
He is a true Pro Bowl calibur, game changing player. He can win games all by himself. the injury concerns, which are minor are worth his value as a player.
Speed kills in the NFL. Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pzjv7P4Q2U

xzn
04-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Knowshown just isnt a RB that can be counted on.
He isnt a game changer. He isnt feared by the League.
He doesnt have true Pro Bowl ability.
Basically, hes Lawrence Maroney 2.0.
Slow, bad vision, never get into the secondary and is alway injured.

DeAngelo Williams on the other hand, while he has dealt with injuries is a true game changer.
Hes incredibly fast. Once into the secondary, forget about it. Hes gone.
He has insane vision. He can find holes where there was none.
He is a true Pro Bowl calibur, game changing player. He can win games all by himself. the injury concerns, which are minor are worth his value as a player.
Speed kills in the NFL. Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pzjv7P4Q2U

Hey now! I'm all in with you for acquiring DeAngelo!! That'd be :cool:

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Ok, here's one not discussed yet...

Many of today's mocks are all over the place at 46 and even in here...

I know North had a proposed trade of 46. I came up with a 36 trade a couple months ago, not that simple though...

Here's a mock that proposes (all laughter aside please) a trade back of 46 to Miami... :D No proposed details, I'd assume for their 79 & 111 and then a future 3rd...

If so who would you propose at 36, 79, & 111???

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/mock-2-predicting-the-second-round-of-2011-draft/1

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Ok, here's one not discussed yet...

Many of today's mocks are all over the place at 46 and even in here...

I know North had a proposed trade of 46. I came up with a 36 trade a couple months ago, not that simple though...

Here's a mock that proposes (all laughter aside please) a trade back of 46 to Miami... :D No proposed details, I'd assume for their 79 & 111 and then a future 3rd...

If so who would you propose at 36, 79, & 111???

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/mock-2-predicting-the-second-round-of-2011-draft/1

DEN ends up with
36 Austin
56 Orlando Franklin
and more picks later. And apparently we trade away Ryan Harris in there too.
Paea goes 62nd in that draft LOL!

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Jurigan, wr?
gates, wr?

I don't think the position is as strong as it COULD be.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 04:26 PM
DEN ends up with
36 Austin
56 Orlando Franklin
and more picks later. And apparently we trade away Ryan Harris in there too.
Paea goes 62nd in that draft LOL!

Lol, you think the Pats will trade with us??? :D

Their 56 & 74 aren't bad...

Sorry but I think Franklin is gone before 56, Ijalana might be there though...

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Lol, you think the Pats will trade with us??? :D

Their 56 & 74 aren't bad...

Sorry but I think Franklin is gone before 56, Ijalana might be there though...

It is a interesting mock. But yeah, i dont see Paea or Franklin still at those respective spots. I frickin wish teams could trade players! Dangit!

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
It is a interesting mock. But yeah, i dont see Paea or Franklin still at those respective spots. I frickin wish teams could trade players! Dangit!

Hopefully some team wants a guy at 46 and it's only a small drop... same for the 36... :D

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2011, 04:35 PM
My short list includes:

Austin
Paea
Bowers
Martez Wilson
Aaron Williams
Allen Bailey
Rudolph

If we grab 2 of them by 46, I'd be pleased.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
My short list includes:

Austin
Paea
Bowers
Martez Wilson
Aaron Williams
Allen Bailey
Rudolph

If we grab 2 of them by 46, I'd be pleased.

Austin
Paea
Martez Wilson
Aaron Williams
Kendrick Ellis
Mikel Leshoure