PDA

View Full Version : Doom + Miller = The (New) Dobermans?

Agent of Orange
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Im kind of excited to see both of these guys pin their ears back and get after it on defense.

chazoe60
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Our pass rush should be pretty scary. We need to get one and maybe even two DTs to eat some space.

WARHORSE
04-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Another beneficiary of this is Robert Ayers.

Come passing downs, Doom and Miller are going to be SCARY.

My dream pick in round two is AUSTIN.

Juriga72
04-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I can live with this pick....

Agent of Orange
04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Id like to see each of them get at least ten. Id love to see Doom and Miller coming from the same edge. And also think of all the potential turnovers they could cause. If you line both of them up on the blind side, you have to expect the QB will be anxious to get rid of it and maybe force some throws.

Dzone
04-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Right on. great pick. A difference maker like clay matthews. with doom, there will be serious problems for offenses
I wonder what # he will wear. Probably wont get to be #40.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/miller.jpg

Lonestar
04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Let's just hope we can stop the run. If we can't all the pass rushers in the world will not help.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
This only works if we grab a dt or 2 in rd 2. Not hating, but the interior dline must be addressed.

silkamilkamonico
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Top 5 in the NFL in sacks, bottom 5 in the NFL in the run game.

Bring it...

jhildebrand
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I just hope Von Miller isn't a combine star. I don't really recall his name being called like Dareus' and Fairley's throughout the season.

chazoe60
04-28-2011, 10:56 PM
I just hope Von Miller isn't a combine star. I don't really recall his name being called like Dareus' and Fairley's throughout the season.

28 Sacks the last two seasons. He's not a workout warrior. Dude can play.

gobroncsnv
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Disappointed we didn't go interior line for D, at least yet... also bummed to see that a lot of the better DT's were already picked so far. Not sure who is left, could use some schooling there. But we need to beef up the middle to keep from getting plowed.
ALL that said, I do think Miller is gonna be good, don't get me wrong, but my hopes were for right up front and center. I don't know how Miller will improve us on inside running plays, so I also need to hear from someone about that.
Well, tomorrow is another day, so here's hoping....

DenBronx
04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Im kind of excited to see both of these guys pin their ears back and get after it on defense.

Much like the Lions paired up Suh and Fairley the Broncos have paired up Miller with Dume to put pressure on the QB. Maybe not run stuffers like Suh and Fairley but they will be QB killers and in a pass happy league that is more important than stopping the run.

Now we look to rounds 2 and 3 for our run stuffers...

jhildebrand
04-28-2011, 11:23 PM
So....How does our LB crew shake out on opening day? :confused:

I can say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the speed of Miller. I think the way to winning in the NFL right now is SPEED on D.

Kapaibro
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I like this. The kid seems to be very good, and very humble. I know there was talk with him being one of the many plaintiffs against the NFL's lockout, but to me that shows he is passionate about his job/career/life/future.

DenBronx
04-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I like this. The kid seems to be very good, and very humble. I know there was talk with him being one of the many plaintiffs against the NFL's lockout, but to me that shows he is passionate about his job/career/life/future.

Yeah, that was the one thing I didnt really like about Miller was him reprisenting the lawsuit as a rookie. But, the Broncos seemed to be one of the few teams that never supported the lockout from the beggining and opened doors right away when alot of other teams were turning players away yesterday. Regardless, Miller is going to be a damn good football player. I love the speed he has and if he can be anything like Clay Matthews is for Green Bay then we will have a serious defense.

horsepig
04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
I just ho0e they know something about some DL that we don't know.
Otherwise this was a wasted pick.

If you can't handle the soup up front, you are SCREWED!

Good Lord' it will never stop. We will still be "weak" up front.

horsepig
04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah, that was the one thing I didnt really like about Miller was him reprisenting the lawsuit as a rookie. But, the Broncos seemed to be one of the few teams that never supported the lockout from the beggining and opened doors right away when alot of other teams were turning players away yesterday. Regardless, Miller is going to be a damn good football player. I love the speed he has and if he can be anything like Clay Matthews is for Green Bay then we will have a serious defense.

Yeah, if we hd Raji up front. LBs are a dime a dozen w/out the beef up front.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-28-2011, 11:56 PM
We'll be fine with Austin or Paea at 36 & Ellis at 67...

horsepig
04-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Good Lord, please go DL! JR's right, if you can't stop the run you are ******!

LTC Pain
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Good Lord, please go DL! JR's right, if you can't stop the run you are ******!

Relax HP and knock back a couple of tall ones. The draft isn't over yet and the best is yet to come today. The Broncos are up fourth (# 36) and are in a good position to have their choice of Bowers, Austin or Paea. :beer: :beer::listen: :coffee: :laugh:

xzn
04-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Stephen Paea had NINE forced fumbles and was the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the year, voted by other players. He's a true "power pig". A Tongan warrior spirit combined with a combine record 49 reps @ 225! You wanna stop the run? THIS GUY. He may be an even better stonewall, immovable object than Dareus. The scary thing is that he's only scratching the surface of his potential as a football, rather than rugby, player.

I wouldn't mind Austin either, I think Fox can motivate him, but I'd rather have the self-starter with the compelling narrative...

With 2b I'd like to get Kyle Rudolph or Jacqizz Rogers.

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Go back to the 34! Still some beefy space eaters available.

rationalfan
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
28 Sacks the last two seasons. He's not a workout warrior. Dude can play.

admittedly, i don't follow college football as much as some of you "scouts" (read with smiling, friendly tone). but this is what i like about miller: he's a nice mix of awesome measurables (speed, vertical, etc.), production (sack numbers) and awards (2-time all-american, i believe).

in my observation from past drafts, players with this kind of mix often do well in the pros.

DenBronx
04-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Von news nickname should be Killer Miller or Miller the QB Killer.

hotcarl
04-29-2011, 02:39 PM
i like his glasses

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Kill me. Kill me now.

gobroncsnv
04-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah, at this point, I'm wondering if other teams will have to game plan for a "passing down"...

Agent of Orange
04-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, at this point, I'm wondering if other teams will have to game plan for a "passing down"...

Yeah, they kind of lost their way. Im not going to trash the Miller pick but I dont know what it is with Denver and their stupid aversion to drafting DTs.

gobroncsnv
04-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Nah, AO, you're with us... I do like the fact that we have Miller, I want to be clear about that, but he won't be nearly as effective (or at least our D won't be) if we don't get some absolute fire plugs playing middle of the line. Miller will most likely play the edge, as it appears he was born for... So as he runs headlong into the backfield, he'll be able to see the running back's last name on a jersey tht is 8 yards downfield.

Agent of Orange
04-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Nah, AO, you're with us... I do like the fact that we have Miller, I want to be clear about that, but he won't be nearly as effective (or at least our D won't be) if we don't get some absolute fire plugs playing middle of the line. Miller will most likely play the edge, as it appears he was born for... So as he runs headlong into the backfield, he'll be able to see the running back's last name on a jersey tht is 8 yards downfield.

Bowlen will be paying through the nose in FA.

Another thing that sucks about this is the possibility of the Broncos taking such a public beating about not drafting a DT, it blowing up in their face during the season, and then next year (in a weaker DT class), they overdraft DTs to compensate for blowing it this year.

gobroncsnv
04-30-2011, 12:50 PM
YEAH, I'm normally an optomistic guy, so hate to be so negative before the OTA's start, let alone training camp... but MAN, I just don't see the plan coming in to place to turn this sucker around... I understand the concepts of "value", etc, but at some point you have to lay your money down, or nothing gets done.

Dzone
04-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Elvis and Von = Super Bowl!!!

gobroncsnv
04-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I think all players in the league get tickets to go watch...