PDA

View Full Version : What's that one game you have spent the most time playing in your life?

sneakers
09-27-2007, 06:01 AM
I am sure everyone can remember a game in which they literally played all day long, day after day, week after week. To the extent in which you might have permenant damage to your fingers. Which game is that for you?

For me it would have to be Diablo 2. No other game has robbed me of more hours clicking the mouse than that devil. My whole Freshman year of college was dedicated to that game.

Tned
09-27-2007, 06:43 AM
In combo, Novalogics Delta Force Land Warrior and then Novalogics Joint Operations. Both exclusively online play.

underrated29
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
i would say its a toss up between mario cart for super nintendo, super mario for super nintendo, and goldeneye for nintendo 64.

Nick
09-27-2007, 12:00 PM
When I was "Alot Younger" it had to be Might and Magic, Moria, or Dungeon and Dragons

Mid life - Has to be Golden Eye

After Mid Life - Madden

Slick
09-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Any and all Ghost Recon games. :salute:

Love 'em.

DenBronx
09-29-2007, 08:21 PM
halo 2....forcefullfear, vexedmadzilla, violentwizard, xx bl4k bxr xx, xx d4rk bxr xx, lrs bl4kou7, bl4kou7 were all my gamertags. sometimes id play till 5 am...got to a level 40 on forcefullfear...37 on 3 others and was pretty much over a lvl 30 on any type of play list. but ive spent hours and hours on games like ghost recon, rainbow six, golden eye, madden, resident evil...

Reidman
09-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I've been playing the game of "life" straight for almost 32 years now....:D

Actually when I was a freshman in highschool and the original Nintendo was popular, I played Super Mario Bros for something like 20 hours straight without stopping except maybe to use the bathroom and get food and drink.

My eyes hurt for a long time after that...

anton...
09-29-2007, 10:35 PM
i would have to say over my life the madden series would take the cake...

but i dont play a whole of a lot so yeah...

:whoknows:
________
Peak Towers Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Everquest

But, I haven't played lately. Been busy with school and other stuff.

JoshCar54
09-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Shining Force on Sega.

DenBronx
09-30-2007, 10:45 AM
the first tenchu on sega....i used to play that alot.

Poet
10-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Everquest

But, I haven't played lately. Been busy with school and other stuff.

I played that game when I was younger.

World of Warcraft robbed me of two years of my life barring the weekends. People, don't ever start playing online games like those. They are extremely fun and extremely addictive. No, not like heroine addictive, but I had to stop when one night I wanted to play WoW instead of go out with my friends and actually do stuff.

sneakers
10-02-2007, 03:36 AM
I played that game when I was younger.

World of Warcraft robbed me of two years of my life barring the weekends. People, don't ever start playing online games like those. They are extremely fun and extremely addictive. No, not like heroine addictive, but I had to stop when one night I wanted to play WoW instead of go out with my friends and actually do stuff.

Yeah, that's what I have heard...I refused to even try that game because of that reason. I have no social life right now, but If I started playing a game like.....It would be legally dead. I wouldn't do that.....well maybe for Diablo 3 if they ever came out with it.

Skinny
10-02-2007, 02:26 PM
'Hot Shots Golf'!

I'm actually pretty good at playing that kinda golf. And there's something about hearing the birds chirp in the background that makes it so peaceful.

It was only a demo i got with the 1st playstation so it only lets you play 9 holes. But i played that game over and over and over.

broncosfanscott
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Any and all Ghost Recon games. :salute:

Love 'em.

Me too. I would also have to say the Splinter Cell series (my favorite).

RunYouOver
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Definitely MVP Baseball 2005.

Best game, ever.

Skywalker
10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
NCAA 06 (soon 08 will be passing that)

Madden 2004

If I owned a XBOX it would be Halo :D

NameUsedBefore
10-09-2007, 04:18 PM
PC game: Civilization II. And more recently, spent practically the entire summer playing Civ IV with a few buddies. We were all ridiculously addicted, which meant no one was there to stem the tide of playing hours :eek:

Console: Probably NFL 2k5. I used to play in online leagues with about a dozen other people. Was also a top online player that amazingly did not cheese (I just knew how to pass and read defenses, something a lot of people don't even bother with and something I have never been able to do in Madden cause you never know when one of those linebackers will go all Ninja Gaiden).

Requiem / The Dagda
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
If I keep it up, Oblivion. I just bought it like a week ago and have logged 20 hours. It's ridiculous.

sneakers
10-09-2007, 11:43 PM
If I keep it up, Oblivion. I just bought it like a week ago and have logged 20 hours. It's ridiculous.

Hahahaha, That's what has encompassed my whole life for the last month. I am on 85 hours in one month....let's see...that's 2.8 hours a day on average. (You can see how active my social life is).

Edit: The strategy guide is very helpful for this game (it is 496 pages long!)

Sparkie
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I still miss playing Space Invaders on the ZX Spectrum circa 1983 ... :geezer:

Not much strategy compared to nowadays (lol) but ooh it kept me busy at the keyboard for hours.

That and Manic Miner, which I never mastered but loved playing anyway.

:madgrin:

Astrass
10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Freaking EQ man.....haven't played in years...but it was a blast.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Hahahaha, That's what has encompassed my whole life for the last month. I am on 85 hours in one month....let's see...that's 2.8 hours a day on average. (You can see how active my social life is).

Edit: The strategy guide is very helpful for this game (it is 496 pages long!)

I came down with a pretty bad cold two days ago so besides classes, I've just been drinking water and fluids and been getting better. I got back from supper at 6 PM last night, worked on some homework for a while and popped in Oblivion from 7 PM to 2 AM, I think I'm on 25-27 hours or so now?

It's a great game, it's really fun and I thought I'd never get into games like that, since I always criticized people who played World of Warcraft all day long. I need a break anyways, I bought the game as a "treat" for myself after doing so well in school, and it's been nice to get away and actually enjoy a game for once.

I think I'm a Level 11 right now. I'm a Bloodletter in the Imperial Arena, and I'm pretty high up in the Dark Brotherhood. I'm a member of the Thieves Guild, but I don't do much for them. I have some sweet armor and stuff, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I've spent so much money persuading people to like me, that I still only have like 6,500 gold through this many hours.

Instead of doing missions, I need to start raiding more tombs and mines to get the goodies inside.

How much can your guy carry? I think being a Level 11 and having the ability to encumber "410" of items is sweet. I can't wait to get stronger. :D

MasterShake
10-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Galaga! I even bought the actual arcade machine for $150 when a local laundromat closed down. I've been playing this game since 1985! More recently I played a lot of Final Fantasy XI online. Those mmorpg's are addictive! No more for me.

Hawgdriver
10-13-2007, 02:36 AM
When I was "Alot Younger" it had to be Might and Magic, Moria, or Dungeon and Dragons

That was a fun game (Mines of Moria).

Ok, so I just erased a list of 20+ games...it's pretty clear I have a problem. I can't limit it to just one.

Most recent to oldest:

SOCOM III (PS2) (::> 2_2DAJUGS)
Civ III ... damn that flashing "press enter to end turn" button
Diablo II ... never did get all the flawless diamonds I hoped for
*woo hoo Rockies win!*
Final Fantasy VII
Heroes of Might and Magic II
XCOM: UFO Defense
Doom/Doom2 (College perma-LAN)
Might & Magic IV
Baseball Stars/Techmo Bowl (only games I had in high school)
Nobunaga's Ambition

If I had to pick the one that has sponged the most time, it would probably be SOCOM...I've spent close to 1000 hrs playing. Wow...that's half a year at 40 hrs a week...

Favorite...Doom/Doom2...lots of action, playing with buddies on LAN in college...listening to NIN...staying up too late or wasting a weekend with too much mountain dew.

This was a fun walk down video game lane.

sneakers
10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I came down with a pretty bad cold two days ago so besides classes, I've just been drinking water and fluids and been getting better. I got back from supper at 6 PM last night, worked on some homework for a while and popped in Oblivion from 7 PM to 2 AM, I think I'm on 25-27 hours or so now?

It's a great game, it's really fun and I thought I'd never get into games like that, since I always criticized people who played World of Warcraft all day long. I need a break anyways, I bought the game as a "treat" for myself after doing so well in school, and it's been nice to get away and actually enjoy a game for once.

I think I'm a Level 11 right now. I'm a Bloodletter in the Imperial Arena, and I'm pretty high up in the Dark Brotherhood. I'm a member of the Thieves Guild, but I don't do much for them. I have some sweet armor and stuff, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I've spent so much money persuading people to like me, that I still only have like 6,500 gold through this many hours.

Instead of doing missions, I need to start raiding more tombs and mines to get the goodies inside.

How much can your guy carry? I think being a Level 11 and having the ability to encumber "410" of items is sweet. I can't wait to get stronger. :D

I am level 32 almost 33 now :shocked:

Although being that high doesn't do me much good because the amount of damage one can do is capped after a certain number...my daedric longsword is capped at 29 regular damage even though I have 120 strength, and 135 blade skill. But there are some magical swords that you can get in the Daedric Alter quests (Do them! They give you awesome loot!) like the ultima blade that has 33 max regular damage, and adds 25 fire damage too!

My guy can carry 650 before being overencumbered...but If you have some feather spells you can raise that number up to 900+ for a short while.

If you go around and raid forts, the best ones are the ones with vampires in it...they usually have some great items on them.

The gameoftheyear edition comes out for PS3 on tuesday! I can't wait to get it. I will have that shriviring isles (or whatever they are called) to go to :D

sneakers
10-13-2007, 11:57 PM
If I had to pick the one that has sponged the most time, it would probably be SOCOM...I've spent close to 1000 hrs playing. Wow...that's half a year at 40 hrs a week...

That's dedication....you should get a lifetime achievement award for that! :first:

Hawgdriver
10-14-2007, 11:38 AM
That's dedication....you should get a lifetime achievement award for that! :first:

What's scary is that there are people who have play 5x more than me...

I just moved into an apartment, and I didn't bring a TV...and just now I see someone is trying to sell their 31" TV for $100. I'm going to offer less and see if they bite. If they do, I might go pick up a PS3.

I might have to pick up this game...!

AlWilsonizKING
10-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Any racing games......Mario Cart Series, Gran Turismo Series, Any Nascar Series, NEED FOR SPEED Series(by far my fav, I love getting chased by the cops hahahaha)......pretty much any racing game I ever bought I played til who knows when.

I constantly tell my parents they should got me onto racing at an early age, I love it......any thing, I mean ANYTHING I do(some exceptions;)), I seem to be racing to get it done, get there, or whatever first......hahahaha

I would love to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience!!!!

PEACE!!!

SmithOverTO
10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. The only game that has made a 14 hour flight feel like one long crime spree and hasnt made me embarassed to play in public.

dogfish
10-20-2007, 02:04 AM
ooh, good topic!

when i was a kid, i spent an awful lot of time playing gauntlet at the arcade-- i'm not sure, but i think that was the first four-player video game ever. . . my friends and i would play that game for hours. . . i also spent a ton of time playing 1943 on the original nintendo. . .

when i got my first PS2, i played Grand Theft Auto 3 for mad hours, and that's probably still my all-time favorite video game. . . as far as the game that i've spent the most time playing it would definitely have to be madden-- if you count the entire series it isn't even close, but even counting single editions as seperate games, it would still have to be madden '03 or '04. . . but just in terms of pure addiction, a game called romance of the three kingdoms II for the original nintendo was right up there-- that's probably the game that i could play the longest in single settings, as i played from early evening to dawn on many occasions. . .

ahh, video game addiction. . . i just haven't had it as much as i've gotten older. . .

Hawgdriver
10-20-2007, 06:06 PM
ooh, good topic!

when i was a kid, i spent an awful lot of time playing gauntlet at the arcade-- i'm not sure, but i think that was the first four-player video game ever. . . my friends and i would play that game for hours. . . i also spent a ton of time playing 1943 on the original nintendo. . .

when i got my first PS2, i played Grand Theft Auto 3 for mad hours, and that's probably still my all-time favorite video game. . . as far as the game that i've spent the most time playing it would definitely have to be madden-- if you count the entire series it isn't even close, but even counting single editions as seperate games, it would still have to be madden '03 or '04. . . but just in terms of pure addiction, a game called romance of the three kingdoms II for the original nintendo was right up there-- that's probably the game that i could play the longest in single settings, as i played from early evening to dawn on many occasions. . .

ahh, video game addiction. . . i just haven't had it as much as i've gotten older. . .

Three Kingdoms = Nobunaga's Ambition pt II, essentially

dogfish
10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Three Kingdoms = Nobunaga's Ambition pt II, essentially

is that a newer game, or an old one? the RTKII that i was addicted to was an original nintendo game. . . they've made a gazillion versions-- i rented like #8 or #9 for the PS2 a couple of years ago, and while it was more complex and the graphics were obviously much better, it just didn't captivate me the way the early version did, for whatever reason. . .

sneakers
10-20-2007, 11:57 PM
ooh, good topic!

I forgot all about the time I have put into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms games...ROTK 10, That was such a great game! Rotk 11 wasn't bad either. Nagabunga's Ambition was far infireror to ROTK.

sneakers
10-21-2007, 12:05 AM
is that a newer game, or an old one? the RTKII that i was addicted to was an original nintendo game. . . they've made a gazillion versions-- i rented like #8 or #9 for the PS2 a couple of years ago, and while it was more complex and the graphics were obviously much better, it just didn't captivate me the way the early version did, for whatever reason. . .

They have made 11 Romance Of The Three Kingdoms Games. The last 5 of them for playstation 2. ROTK 11 is more in the format of a real time strategy, while still maintaining the feel of the turn base format.

Hawgdriver
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I forgot all about the time I have put into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms games...ROTK 10, That was such a great game! Rotk 11 wasn't bad either. Nagabunga's Ambition was far infireror to ROTK.

Nobunaga's ambition was the precursor to the original ROTK.

Far inferior? Maybe it's good I didn't play ROTK!

Snapping Turtle
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Does Diner Dash on the computer count? :laugh: I play that game all the damn time. It is evil and addicting!

martz11
11-04-2007, 09:54 AM
I'll do most time on each system:

Atari 2600 - Midnight Magic

Nintendo - Mike Tyson's punchout

Sega Gensis - Mortal Combat

Sega Dreamcast - NFL 2k

Playstation - Formula 1

Playstation 2 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Xbox 360 - Madden '08

Playstation 3 - Resistance Fall of Man

Mike
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
It was Diablo II. Can't wait for Diablo III.

Then it was COD/CODII

Just bought COD 4. Can't wait to try it out. I expect it to be at the top of my list.

Broncos Mtnman
11-06-2007, 11:59 PM
The Splinter Cell series.

I have all 3 and can't wait until a 4th comes out.

I play it all the time.

:beer:

broncosfanscott
11-07-2007, 04:39 AM
The Splinter Cell series.

I have all 3 and can't wait until a 4th comes out.

I play it all the time.

:beer:

That is my favorite game. The next one is Splinter Cell Conviction and I think it comes out March '08.

jhns
11-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Madden, GTA, and counter-strike have been really the only games I have played over the last few years.

When I lived with my parents, some years ago, I used to have an atari, nintendo, super-nintendo, 64, playstation, and playstation 2. I used to play a ton of different games. When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time on stuff like: Duck hunt, the Mario series, Mike Tyson Punchout, and Excite Bike. Now I have pretty much moved exclusively to the computer, other than for Madden and GTA.

OB
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I've been playing the game of "life" straight for almost 32 years now....:D

Actually when I was a freshman in highschool and the original Nintendo was popular, I played Super Mario Bros for something like 20 hours straight without stopping except maybe to use the bathroom and get food and drink.

My eyes hurt for a long time after that...

I was gonna say Mario Bros but didnt want to date myself ;)

Duck Hunt was fun and I liked Zelda - the only game I over play now is Hot Shots Golf for my PSP

Im not really a gamer

Oooo how about this one - PONG - LMAO!!!!!!!!

OB
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Does Diner Dash on the computer count? :laugh: I play that game all the damn time. It is evil and addicting!

True and I do it in real life god only knows why i play the damn game too :laugh:

PatricktheDookie
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
You guys would not believe how much time I spent on everquest. It's disgusting, to say the least.

Den21vsBal19
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I still miss playing Space Invaders on the ZX Spectrum circa 1983 ... :geezer:

Not much strategy compared to nowadays (lol) but ooh it kept me busy at the keyboard for hours.

That and Manic Miner, which I never mastered but loved playing anyway.

:madgrin:
What about Jet Set Willy & Paperboy? ;)

Modern times, I'd say Gran Tourismo, GTA~SA, & Madden on the PS2, & Microsoft's Train Simulator & Championship Manager on the PC

Galaga! I even bought the actual arcade machine for $150 when a local laundromat closed down. I've been playing this game since 1985! More recently I played a lot of Final Fantasy XI online. Those mmorpg's are addictive! No more for me.

For once I'm truly speechless with envy :jawdrop:

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Madden 2005 on PS2 or Football Manager 2006 on PC or Star Wars Galaxies on PC (online game).

Not sure but it's one of them.

BaiLeY324
11-14-2007, 12:41 AM
One of the football games that have been released in the past 6 years

Poet
11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Argh, I started playing World of Warcraft again.

nj10
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Madden (Given year)

claymore
12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I finally found a Wii for the kids. Getting them (Me) Metroid for Christmas tomorrow. I used to love that game!

Tned
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I just bought Crysis and am going to try that. I have been trying to find a decent FPS that is fun online and not full of cheats, ever since the Novalogic games went by the wayside.

nj10
12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Bought Rock Band a little under a week ago...love it

aberdien
12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Madden, NCAA, but I might've surpassed them with the first, second, and 80's guitar hero's.

Zweems56
12-23-2007, 10:41 PM
oh man! Awesome thread! I think the game that I spent the most time playing was probably Socom II: US navy Seals for the ps2. Oh man, I loved that game so much. I was so good at that game at one point that I didnt play for my entire first semester in college, came back over winter break, had 11 beers and started playing on a whim. Finished my first game back after 4 months with 14 kills and 4 deaths. It was ridiculous. Fish Hook was a great map.

claymore
12-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Ghengis Khan on the original Nintendo. That and Women.

Zweems56
12-23-2007, 10:57 PM
a close second though was a mud called MUME. Was a lotr-based online text based mmo. Lol. how sad is that? Played that every single day of my life for 3 years or so.

sneakers
12-24-2007, 02:32 AM
a close second though was a mud called MUME. Was a lotr-based online text based mmo. Lol. how sad is that? Played that every single day of my life for 3 years or so.

I admire your nerdiness, mud's take it to the next level. :D

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 03:54 AM
I played Morrowind on PC for about two or three months. That was pretty addicting. I quit when school started in the fall, but I might have to hit it up again now that I have a month off.

sneakers
12-24-2007, 04:10 AM
I played Morrowind on PC for about two or three months. That was pretty addicting. I quit when school started in the fall, but I might have to hit it up again now that I have a month off.

If you found that addicting, DO NOT play Oblivion, it will consume your social life for 6 months.

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 04:14 AM
If you found that addicting, DO NOT play Oblivion, it will consume your social life for 6 months.

I haven't...... yet. One of my buddies talked my ear off about it for well over a year though. I've watched him play it quite a bit. It looks pretty damn sweet. I might have to wander over to Wal-Mart and sell my life a way for a couple of months. :D

sneakers
12-24-2007, 04:43 AM
I haven't...... yet. One of my buddies talked my ear off about it for well over a year though. I've watched him play it quite a bit. It looks pretty damn sweet. I might have to wander over to Wal-Mart and sell my life a way for a couple of months. :D

Make sure you have pleanty of spare time before you start playing...They have a clock that keeps track of how long you have been playing, and many players are up in the 500 hour range! I have only played for around 380 hours.

Stargazer
12-27-2007, 02:55 AM
Most time spent playing a game? Halo 2 via online. Halo 3 is next.

Thnikkaman
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Lets see:

Quite possibly Tekken 2/3 is #1 in Man Hours.
I liked WoW, but can only do it in short spurts before it starts to feel like work (I don't think I will be getting addicted to that one)
I love the UT series, and am now waisting my life with Team Fortress 2.

DallasChief
01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Tecmo Bowl.

Used to stay up all night with my buddies playing tournaments and games until I couldn't feel my fingers.

underrated29
01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
i just got call of duty 4- and played that for like 4 hours, but also becuase i had the day off and everyone but me was hung over and i had nothing to do until they woke up.

Its a good game though, lot of fun. But will never command a ton of PT for me

Hawgdriver
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
i just got call of duty 4- and played that for like 4 hours, but also becuase i had the day off and everyone but me was hung over and i had nothing to do until they woke up.

Its a good game though, lot of fun. But will never command a ton of PT for me

I'm waiting for SOCOM Confrontation, then I'll buy a PS3 and make wifey bitter. Know any cheap marriage counselors? :laugh: ;)

jrelway
01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
madden sucks up alot of my time. just started playin assasins creed.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Naked Twister...

In-com-plete
01-11-2008, 07:59 AM
I've spent more time on all the Maddens than anything else. But not any one year in particular.

If we're talking single game, it's between Baseball Stars for the regular Nintendo and Goldeneye for the 64.

shank
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
definitley madden throughout the years. i've been pretty diehard since 2001 (played gameday on PS and nfl qb club on n64 before that)

one single game, probably summoner, a launch game for ps2. it was long as hell and i played through it twice. (not counting madden 2006, the year i played more than any other year of madden.)

Bronco9798
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Badmitton!!

broncogirl7
01-12-2008, 08:00 PM
That's funny 9'nr. Badmittion was my answer too. I love it.
Next would be Phase 10, Catch Phrase, and Speed Punks.

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Rummy, most likely. Spite and Malice next. Then volleyball.

Bronco9798
01-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Anybody ever play euchre? card game..

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 08:08 PM

Sounds familiar but I don't think so.

Tned
01-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Bocce

Thnikkaman
01-12-2008, 11:59 PM

No.

Spades > Euchre

And when it comes to card games, Cribbage is tops.

In-com-plete
01-14-2008, 08:26 AM

Damn! Haven't played that in forever. Since college. I didn't even know how to spell it. It is pronounced like you-ker right?

turftoad
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Don't play many vidio or console games anymore. So................ I'd have to go with Pocket Pool.

DallasChief
01-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Don't play many vidio or console games anymore. So................ I'd have to go with Pocket Pool.

I'll bet you're a semi-pro at that. :D

BroncoJoe
01-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I'd have to say the castle wolfenstein series. All of them...

turftoad
01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I'll bet you're a semi-pro at that. :D

All Pro...........

slim
01-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Super Tecmo Bowl.

Used to stay up all night with my buddies playing tournaments and games until I couldn't feel my fingers.

LOL...we used to do that too. Man, we would play that mofo all night long...good times.

Stargazer
01-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Hands down Halo 2. We'll see with Halo 3...:cool:

Watchthemiddle
01-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Madden or NCAA football.

SM19
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I think it must be Civilization II.

Broncospsycho77
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Pokemon. I regret every second of that game.

Before that, NFL Blitz. Sucked up my quarters.

Italianmobstr7
02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Easily Madden. I've spent countless hours playing that game.

tripleoption
02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
On my computer, I played a lot of Doom 3. Spent hours getting through it and the expansion. On my XBOX360, the Call of Duty series. Kept me entertained for hours. Before video games became big, I spent a lot of time playing the old Squad Leader board games, especially when I was in the military. Still got them all.

Snowgoose77
02-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Way back on the first Nintendo system it was Final Fantasy. Many all night sessions there. Sega was the Madden Series. Also spent many nights drinking beer with the buddies playing Links golf on the puter in the 90's. Diablo 2 had to be the worse binge I ever had. Play till 3 in the morning then get up for work at 5. Now it's racing rFactor online on the PC. Addictive as hell but most of you have probably never even heard of it.

Zweems56
02-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I've spent tons of time on lots of games, but nothing more than Socom II: US Navy Seals. I was so good at that game, that I came back from school on winter break after not playing for 4 months, got trashed and started playing. Ended my first round back at 16 kills and 4 deaths. Fish Hook!

MOtorboat
02-19-2008, 11:18 AM
NCAA Football...my next-door neighbor when I was a freshmen in college got me hooked. We played Colorado vs. Nebraska for hours on end...I still play it.

Thnikkaman
02-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Way back on the first Nintendo system it was Final Fantasy. Many all night sessions there. Sega was the Madden Series. Also spent many nights drinking beer with the buddies playing Links golf on the puter in the 90's. Diablo 2 had to be the worse binge I ever had. Play till 3 in the morning then get up for work at 5. Now it's racing rFactor online on the PC. Addictive as hell but most of you have probably never even heard of it.

Hell, I used to play Diablo 2 at work.

shank
02-23-2008, 04:19 AM
i posted madden earlier, but that's boring.

i realized tonight that the game i've probably played more than any other individual disk is 'frequency' for ps2.

i bought this game on its launch date and still play it to this day. if you don't know, this was harmonix first game, and the game that layed the groundwork for guitar hero and rockband.

sick game, i freaking love it.

sneakers
02-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Hell, I used to play Diablo 2 at work.

Diablo 2 is the most soul crushing game ever.

EastCoastBronco
05-20-2008, 08:49 AM
The entire Tomb Raider series...part 2 in particular. I'm a sucker for getting lost in huge environments and solving puzzles... I'm really looking forward to the new one coming out for the PS3.

Arkansas Bronco
05-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Starsiege: Tribes. Online multiplayer played it for about 4 years. Pretty much all I use to do either go to the bar and shoot pool or play tribes in my free time. Got the game about a month after release and stayed a member of the same clan for 3 1/2 years which technically I would still be in since I never quit they moved on to Tribes 2 and I thought it sucked and never switched over.

CrazyHorse
06-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle/Super Smash Bros. Melee 600+ Hours combined

Tned
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Novalogic is back.

The only online games I have truly loved have been the Novalogic Delta Force series (I, II, III, Black Hawk Down and Joint Operations).

One of the big things that Novalogic has that few others do is their terrain models. They are never ending. Unlike Battle Field or most other FPS games, there are no boundries. Also, they provide great map making tools (sometimes crude, but great in that you can make excellant custom maps), so on private/clan/squad servers, you get tons of variety.

Well, Novalogic is set to releas Delta Force Angel Falls in Q1 of '09.

The early reports are it is an all new engine, but will be of similar quality of the Crysis engine.

I'm eagerly anticipating this game, and might get back into online gaming if this is anything like the previous NL games.

girler
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM
life. I try to escape, but it keeps sucking me back in! :Cry:

CrazyHorse
12-21-2008, 11:54 PM
life. I try to escape, but it keeps sucking me back in! :Cry:

The Milton-Bradley boardgame or John Conway's simulation?

Devilspawn
12-22-2008, 12:28 AM
NFL 2K5. I'm still playing it because I strongly dislike the Madden series now. Editing players is a HUGE plus.

2. Final Fantasy VIII - It took so long because I was doing an alternate quest to get the Ultima Weapon. And I did. :D

3. Final Fantasy VII - Simply the best game ever played. Period.

4. Phantasy Star II - First ever role playing game, best game of the 80s IMO.

5. Zelda Ocarina of Time - Second best game ever, only by a hair. I kept my N64 simply for this game.

Shazam!
12-22-2008, 02:18 AM
I couldn't say I've played so many over the years.

Thnikkaman
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
The original legend of zelda.

I go back once every 2 or 3 years and run through it again for fun.

I need to find a copy of Final Fantasy VII. My wife has never played it (and I think she would enjoy it), and I had to stop playing at one point since my Playstation died.

Shazam!
12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I still have my original FFVII and IX. The only PS1 games I kept.

atwater27
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
tecmo bowl, super tecmo bowl, metroid, dragon warrior 1, 2, 3, zelda 1, 2, mike tysons punch out, ninja gaiden 1 and 2, contra, my all time favorite CHRONO TRIGGER, all the final fantasies, madden, goonies 2, champions of Norrath 1 and 2. RBI baseball, River City Ransom, Icewind Dale 1 and 2,

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Tomb Raider 1-4.
I have always had a soft spot for those games simply for the fact that after about 10 minutes I get totally immersed in them. The level designers from CORE really knew how to build those things.
I still play the Resident Evil games 1-3 every couple of years...as well as the original Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid. You have to go a country mile today to find games that are that scary and fun.
I'd say I've got around 20 of my original PS1 games kicking around and I try to play them all every 2-3 years. I've never gone back to the world of Final Fantasy 7 but I loved every minute of the 80 hours I invested in it. What a great story.
Having that many PS1 and PS2 games in my collection made it a pretty easy choice to get my PS3 back in January...before they removed the backward compatability...

AlWilsonizKING
12-23-2008, 11:18 AM
About to head over to the homies house to play some Rock Band 2. We've been trying to finish the endless setlist, which is 89 songs in a row with no breaks or saving your progress. 2 times we have made it 60 songs in. the first time he hit the quit button on accident. The second time I had to leave before we finished. :mad: It really sucks when you make it that far and cannot finish. Well today is the day we finish that 'ish!!! Got my fingers good and ready for some rocking out.

:rockon:

PEACE!!!

MOtorboat
12-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Super Mario World.

I still got to hook that up every now and then. I set a goal of beating it without dying when I was in college. I've obtained it once, and died against Bowser twice. Every other time, I either get distracted or do something dumb.

sneakers
12-23-2008, 05:19 PM

I need to find a copy of Final Fantasy VII. My wife has never played it (and I think she would enjoy it), and I had to stop playing at one point since my Playstation died.

Chocobos!

claymore
12-23-2008, 05:22 PM

It was your weiner dont lie to anyone. You played with your weiner the most.

Thnikkaman
12-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Chocobos!

I did breed a gold one

gnomeflinger
12-23-2008, 05:36 PM
mind games, and they suck.

sneakers
12-24-2008, 07:42 AM
I did breed a gold one

Weren't the black ones the fastest?

MasterShake
12-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Weren't the black ones the fastest?

No, the black ones could fly. The gold ones could fly anywhere like an airship IIRC.

I'd like to add Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I go through those once a year. I have a feeling once Street Fighter IV comes out I'm going to play that A LOT.

3jG2VvTJwro

gnomeflinger
12-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I suck at video games. I like the arcade games like tetris, zuma, luxor, or solitaire games.

AlWilsonizKING
12-24-2008, 07:38 PM
About to head over to the homies house to play some Rock Band 2. We've been trying to finish the endless setlist, which is 84 songs in a row with no breaks or saving your progress. 2 times we have made it 60 songs in. the first time he hit the quit button on accident. The second time I had to leave before we finished. :mad: It really sucks when you make it that far and cannot finish. Well today is the day we finish that 'ish!!! Got my fingers good and ready for some rocking out.

:rockon:

PEACE!!!

Well, we both played on hard,me on the guitar and him on drums, had 90% on almost all songs until the final 3, when things started getting really fast and hard. We had to play a damn Metallica song like 10-15 times before beating it. We got to the last two and it was just too fast a furious for us both to finish!!!:mad::mad:

So we hit 64 songs the first try and hit the quit button on accident.
Then we hit 60 songs the second time before I had to leave.
Now we make it to 82 of 84 songs and couldn't finish.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg:mad::mad:

:mad:

PEACE!!!

Shazam!
12-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Not only am I the only gamer who has never played Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but I have no desire to play them either. Makes me feel old or something, idk...

Poet
12-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Not only am I the only gamer who has never played Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but I have no desire to play them either. Makes me feel old or something, idk...

Those games are stupid.

Guitar Hero: A grown ups version of Simon Says.

Rock Band: Musical instruments for people who fail at.........musical instruments. A fun gimmick for people who don't fail at musical instruments. And, a game that often times has the sad side effect of contributing to people's asinine arguments such as "this is just like playing an instrument so I am musically talented."

CrazyHorse
12-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Super Mario World.

I still got to hook that up every now and then. I set a goal of beating it without dying when I was in college. I've obtained it once, and died against Bowser twice. Every other time, I either get distracted or do something dumb.

Was it every level and alternate exit without dying?
Or did you cheat and take the star road?
The second way doesn't sound too difficult.
How did you die against Bowser?
Stocking up on powerups before you go to the castle helps a lot.

MasterShake
12-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Was it every level and alternate exit without dying?
Or did you cheat and take the star road?
The second way doesn't sound too difficult.
How did you die against Bowser?
Stocking up on powerups before you go to the castle helps a lot.

Yeah dude. If you can make it to Bowser without dying, how did HE kill you? His bounce attack? His pattern was easy. Hardest Mario boss ever was Wart in Mario 2. :D

The hardest level was the Special level with all the pipes and the jumping clapping guys. Where you had to float through most of it. Controller throwing hard.

MasterShake
12-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Those games are stupid.

Rock Band: Musical instruments for people who fail at.........musical instruments. A fun gimmick for people who don't fail at musical instruments. And, a game that often times has the sad side effect of contributing to people's asinine arguments such as "this is just like playing an instrument so I am musically talented."

Nah, they are fun. I play real guitar a little and Rock Band. Its pretty mindless, but lets otherwise tone deaf people play an instrument. The expert levels require some real video game skill though. Not like a real guitar, but still hard.

AlWilsonizKING
12-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Those games are stupid.

Not true about the drums. I've had two friends who actually play real drums say that the drums on rock band are a really good way of learning to play the drums. The guitar though is pretty much just pushing a few buttons. They are fun though....that's why it a GAME and not an INSTRUMENT...;)

PEACE!!!

frauschieze
12-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Those games are stupid.

Negatory my good friend. Sure the guitars can fall into the same category as Guitar Hero as it's really not anything like playing....but drums and vocals are. :hi:

And besides that......it's fun. :eviltongue:

broncos4life88
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
GTA San Andreas robbed me of good grades and prolly a chance to go to college. :lol: But before, inbetween, and after that I have always loved Madden and NCAA Football/NCAA Basketball

Benetto
01-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Golden eye 007 on N64.

For about 2-3 years I played multiplayer with my roomate almost every other day or so. On weekends with no work the next day we would be up til 4 AM hunting each other down. (Or whoever was over at the house).

Still champ right here.

Benetto
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Out of curiosity I logged into my Warhawk account and took a look at the leader boards.

Some freakin loser with nothing to do with his life has spent 4,500+ hours and counting, playing Warhawk.

What is extremely disturbing about this, is that the game has only been out since August 2007...:rolleyes: