PDA

View Full Version : Where in Greeley...

Stoned Pony
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Might I be able to find some Bronco memorabilia/clothing to buy? I'm gonna be working in La Salle for a day or two and I'm not familiar with the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I really want to represent! Thanks.:salute:

dogfish
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
go down to the corner of third and broadway, and look for the shady-lookin' mexican guy selling burritos out of the cart-- ask him, he's got the hook up. . . .

Buff
04-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd actually recommend that you never go to Greeley ever for any reason.

LTC Pain
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Might I be able to find some Bronco memorabilia/clothing to buy? I'm gonna be working in La Salle for a day or two and I'm not familiar with the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I really want to represent! Thanks.:salute:

Google is your friend! Sorry, I've never been in Greeley and can't advise where to get Broncos stuff there.

topscribe
go down to the corner of third and broadway, and look for the shady-lookin' mexican guy selling burritos out of the cart-- ask him, he's got the hook up. . . .

:lol: There is no Broadway in Greeley, that I know of . . . and certainly none
intersecting 3rd, either street or avenue.

But that was hilarious . . . :lol:

-----

topscribe
I'd actually recommend that you never go to Greeley ever for any reason.

That's my home town, hippie. Watch your language . . .

-----

Buff
04-28-2011, 12:17 PM
That's my home town, hippie. Watch your language . . .

-----

That explains so much.

It also accounts for the sexual tension between you and Clay.

topscribe
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
That explains so much.

It also accounts for the sexual tension between you and Clay.

You've got that all wrong. There's no sexual tension.

I just want him to leave my goat alone . . .

-----

KCL
04-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Carol is needed in this thread...SP is asking a legit question.He wants
Broncos gear not a story about clay and goats...:lol:

Buff
04-28-2011, 12:37 PM

I gave him the best advice in the whole thread.

Stoned Pony
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't really have any say in the matter. We go where they tell us to go. They really aren't concerned about our happiness. Thanks for the laughs though.
I gave him the best advice in the whole thread.

topscribe
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't really have any say in the matter. We go where they tell us to go. They really aren't concerned about our happiness. Thanks for the laughs though.

Nah, you're okay.

I like telling Buff where to go, though . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2011, 04:01 PM

Welcome, and check this link http://www.google.com/search?q=sporting+goods+greeley+co&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

SpringsBroncoFan
04-28-2011, 04:12 PM

If you google "broncos gear greeley" you get...

"not a story about clay and goats"

:laugh:

slim
04-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Yesterday at work I googled "smiling beaver"....in retrospect, not really a good idea.

KCL
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Yesterday at work I googled "smiling beaver"....in retrospect, not really a good idea.

Hmmm..wonder what would come up if I googled smiling slim...:D

tripleoption
04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
The Greeley Mall has a FANZZ store. It's right off of 23rd avenue and the US 34 bypass. Sports Authority off of 47th Avenue and US 34 also carries some Broncos stuff. Those would probably be your two best bets.

claymore
04-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Most importantly go to Farmers inn in Lasalle and have a burrito for me. Avoid Greeley and order that shit off the internet, or get it at DIA on your way out.

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Most importantly go to Farmers inn in Lasalle and have a burrito for me. Avoid Greeley and order that shit off the internet, or get it at DIA on your way out.

I just did the DIA thing and there isn't much there. There were 2 fan stores but they were for Colorado sports and because it is the off season they were loaded with Rockies stuff. I got a t-shirt for myself and one for my wife, not too bad only $50 but not much selection. However, in the newstand store they have some Broncos stuff too, I bought a metal water bottle in there for $20.

claymore
04-29-2011, 07:56 AM
I just did the DIA thing and there isn't much there. There were 2 fan stores but they were for Colorado sports and because it is the off season they were loaded with Rockies stuff. I got a t-shirt for myself and one for my wife, not too bad only $50 but not much selection. However, in the newstand store they have some Broncos stuff too, I bought a metal water bottle in there for $20.

I have alot of stuff from DIA. Mainly because my wife forgets to get me something until she is on the return flight. :laugh:

Greeley sucks though. I would avoid it if possible.

Stoned Pony
04-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Thank you!!!
The Greeley Mall has a FANZZ store. It's right off of 23rd avenue and the US 34 bypass. Sports Authority off of 47th Avenue and US 34 also carries some Broncos stuff. Those would probably be your two best bets.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 11:24 AM

Wow, that brings back memories.

My dad and I used to go to Farmer's Inn all the time . . .

-----

claymore
04-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow, that brings back memories.

My dad and I used to go to Farmer's Inn all the time . . .

-----

I love that place. Alot of the folks I know who still live around there say it isnt as good as it used to be... But whenever I go, its the best meal Ive had since i was there the last time.

I miss their salsa and Sopapillas (SP?) too...

Dzone
04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I love Greeley!!! Got my undergrad degree there in the 80s. Its a cool town. I love to visit there. So many memories.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I love that place. Alot of the folks I know who still live around there say it isnt as good as it used to be... But whenever I go, its the best meal Ive had since i was there the last time.

I miss their salsa and Sopapillas (SP?) too...

Yes, and there was another place. Friends and I used to go out to this place in
Severence on Sunday nights and chow down on rocky mountain oysters and
beer.

And then there was a great breakfast cafe on east 18th Street where my dad
and I frequented before work. Mom's Cafe.

-----

topscribe
04-29-2011, 11:47 AM
I love Greeley!!! Got my undergrad degree there in the 80s. Its a cool town. I love to visit there. So many memories.

My parents and little sister are buried there in Sunset Memorial Gardens.

My paternal grandmother graduated with the class of 1900 from Colorado
Teachers College. There were seven in her graduating class. Of course, we
know now it as the University of Northern Colorado, which is also my alma mater,
and my sister's, too (the one still alive).

-----

claymore
04-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes, and there was another place. Friends and I used to go out to this place in
Severence on Sunday nights and chow down on rocky mountain oysters and
beer.

And then there was a great breakfast cafe on east 18th Street where my dad
and I frequented before work. Mom's Cafe.

-----

Bruces Bar, and Grey's Cafe? Both Great places. I used to love Greeley, but it is a meth filled migrant worker mess now.

GEM
04-29-2011, 12:26 PM
My ex lives in Greeley....what a freaking cow town. :lol: And it stinks!! The slaughterhouse up there stinks up the whole city.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Bruces Bar, and Grey's Cafe? Both Great places. I used to love Greeley, but it is a meth filled migrant worker mess now.

Haven't been there in 25 years. I probably wouldn't recognize it now.

But the way it was back then still has a dear place in my heart . . .

-----

Stoned Pony
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Greeley is kinda ghetto.

slim
04-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Mmmm, smothered burritos.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Haven't been there in 25 years. I probably wouldn't recognize it now.

But the way it was back then still has a dear place in my heart . . .

-----

In fact, one of my wallpapers (screensavers) is a picture of sunrise in the winter
over Greeley. (See attachment.)

-----

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
In fact, one of my wallpapers (screensavers) is a picture of sunrise in the winter
over Greeley. (See attachment.)

-----

If you closed the F stop, you would have a better photo. Also could use some contrast:salute:

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Was headed to Greeley 2 weeks ago.....saw a small grass fire and a fire truck.....came back through 2 hours later and flames were on both sides of the road.

Nice work fire department.

topscribe
04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
If you closed the F stop, you would have a better photo. Also could use some contrast:salute:

Sorry, I don't have a clue what you just said.

I know nothing of photography. :noidea:

-----

MileHighCrew
04-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Sorry, I don't have a clue what you just said.

I know nothing of photography. :noidea:

-----

LOL, It is a nice photo I was just having fun with you.

I am the nerd that has been a professional photographer for *gasp* 20 years this summer. ouch that hurts.

slim
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Greeley is uglier than Julio Jones' bow tie.

dogfish
04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Greeley is uglier than Julio Jones' bow tie.

and less stylish. . .

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Was headed to Greeley 2 weeks ago.....saw a small grass fire and a fire truck.....came back through 2 hours later and flames were on both sides of the road.

Nice work fire department.

That's called a 'controlled burn'. ;)

topscribe
04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
You guys are hurting me . . .

-----

KCL
04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
You guys are hurting me . . .

-----

I thought only clay could do that top...and speaking of clay...oh my... him and his post in this thread...:lol: