PDA

View Full Version : So tonight, a new era begins......again

Northman
04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Yep, its that time boys and girls.

Tonight we find out who Denver is choosing to take at #2 or if they decide to trade back.

Bottom line for me, take Dareus or Fairley. If not, i can live with Miller if he indeed does turn out to be as good as some claim. Peterson? Dont hate the guy but it would make me continue to question the logic and common sense of the organization.

But one thing is for certain, make the fans believers again.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vandammage13
04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Yep, its that time boys and girls.

Tonight we find out who Denver is choosing to take at #2 or if they decide to trade back.

Bottom line for me, take Dareus or Fairley. If not, i can live with Miller if he indeed does turn out to be as good as some claim. Peterson? Dont hate the guy but it would make me continue to question the logic and common sense of the organization.

But one thing is for certain, make the fans believers again.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...build the front line first. The secondary is just that, secondary.

dogfish
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
tt_ro2aerQg

:thrasher:

LTC Pain
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Agreed! Make some good picks #7!!!

SpringsBroncoFan
04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Is that an earthquake I feel???

North moved on his position... a little... :D

Ravage!!!
04-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Miller will be our first pick..... but no matter WHO we take, these boards are going to explode with pissed off people and those that "know more." Just prepare yourself, now, for the "this FO sucks" " we did it again"... "why did we take ____?" "we should have taken _____".... and cover your ears WHEN we don't take Dareus with the first pick. :lol:

Mike
04-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Trade back...or draft Miller.

Still, I will be happy with Miller, Peterson, or Dareus. Don't want Fairley unless Denver trades back and can get him later.

Pick a QB and I keeek my dog. Pick Fairley at 2 and I keeek your dog. Honestly I don't care (except if they pick a QB). Either way, it's gonna be what it's gonna be and I will support whoever they pick and hope for the best.

BroncoStud
04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
No to Fairley, no to a QB in round 1. Peterson, Dareus, or Miller please. Prefer to trade Orton and move back a bit in round 1.

SOCALORADO.
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
No to Fairley, no to a QB in round 1. Peterson, Dareus, or Miller please. Prefer to trade Orton and move back a bit in round 1.

I am beginning to like the trade back scenario the best now.
Trade back to around 10-14 and draft JJ Watt.
Or just stay at 2 and take Dareus.
Those are the best options to me as of now.

Slick
04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Just get a good football player. I've learned not to pin my hopes on any one in particular.

BORDERLINE
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
as long as they address the defense in this draft I will be happy.

Also I wouldn't mind picking WR Titus Young I know that's a position where we are set at but this guy looks too similar to desean jackson.

Northman
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Miller will be our first pick..... but no matter WHO we take, these boards are going to explode with pissed off people and those that "know more." Just prepare yourself, now, for the "this FO sucks" " we did it again"... "why did we take ____?" "we should have taken _____".... and cover your ears WHEN we don't take Dareus with the first pick. :lol:

You can bet your ass if we take Peterson i will be one of those. Just fair warning. :lol:

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 01:57 PM

Can't explode after first pick If Denver chooses best available player on their board. It changes everything that free agency is after the draft.

I trust John Elway knows football more than 100% of us, he knows what he's doing regardless if we think the pick is the right one.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Can't explode after first pick If Denver chooses best available player on their board. It changes everything that free agency is after the draft.

I trust John Elway knows football more than 100% of us, he knows what he's doing regardless if we think the pick is the right one.

Yes, he knows how to play but he is new at this particular area. People thought Shanahan knew what he was doing, people thought McD knew what he was doing. Sure, they have a lot more information than the general public but lets not crown them until they prove they are good at it.

I Eat Staples
04-28-2011, 02:16 PM
McShay is saying we could draft Von Miller and play him at right DE...you guys' thoughts on this? I really don't like Miller in a 4-3 which is why I'd prefer Dareus, Fairley, or Peterson. And even if we did take Miller, wouldn't OLB make more sense than DE?

I have a bad feeling about picking a player and playing him out of position. Peterson is the safest pick IMO, but Dareus or Fairley fill a need better.

I Eat Staples
04-28-2011, 02:18 PM

You're right, I'm fully expecting the pick to be Miller. If we were in a 3-4 I'd be a lot happier with it, but in a 4-3 I'm unsure. We really can't afford to miss with this pick.

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, he knows how to play but he is new at this particular area. People thought Shanahan knew what he was doing, people thought McD knew what he was doing. Sure, they have a lot more information than the general public but lets not crown them until they prove they are good at it.

Don't agree...bc your football philosophy is different than theirs, dosn't mean that they don't know what they are doing. these guys know more football in their pinky finger than me and you do together. Shanahan won 2 super bowls with his philosophy. Yes the coach or gm makes the pick but a lot of evaluation comes from scouts, so just don't put it on the coaches. Yes Elway is new as a GM type...but he eats, drinks, sleeps and then dreams about football all his life. He was raised by a coach/scout. Elway knows business and football. If Elway was just a player who wanted to be a GM I'd agree...but his back ground is different bc of his father.

PS know one though Mcdouche knew what he was doing...he was in way over his head. As a coach he might've been ok but as a gm he might have been worst in history.

LTC Pain
04-28-2011, 02:23 PM
McShay is saying we could draft Von Miller and play him at right DE...you guys' thoughts on this? I really don't like Miller in a 4-3 which is why I'd prefer Dareus, Fairley, or Peterson. And even if we did take Miller, wouldn't OLB make more sense than DE?

I have a bad feeling about picking a player and playing him out of position. Peterson is the safest pick IMO, but Dareus or Fairley fill a need better.

I agree with you 100% IES. Miller at DE in a 4-3 doesn't make a lick of sense. He's only 245 right? Doom or Ayers on the other end would be a pair of pretty light DEs to help stop the run with! I also agree that drafting a player at one position and trying to adapt him to play another is a recipe for failure. What happens with Doom or Ayers in this scenario? Move back to play LB?

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:29 PM
by the way If we take Miller I love the pick...Value wise I think you get more of a game changer with him than with you do with a DT. Super athlete who will never come off the field. In base will be a sam lb or will not sure yet. Will also blitz a lot out of the base 4-3. Then in passing situations will be a stud at the LE opposite Doom I love those 2 guys rushing the passer. We will have what the giants and colts have. Miller will be Derrick Thomas, LT type or Cornelius Bennet. Kid makes plays in the backfield.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
by the way If we take Miller I love the pick...Value wise I think you get more of a game changer with him than with you do with a DT. Super athlete who will never come off the field. In base will be a sam lb or will not sure yet. Will also blitz a lot out of the base 4-3. Then in passing situations will be a stud at the LE opposite Doom I love those 2 guys rushing the passer. We will have what the giants and colts have. Miller will be Derrick Thomas, LT type or Cornelius Bennet. Kid makes plays in the backfield.

Hmmm, dont know about that. For starters, the Giants can at least stop the run. They have some talented guys on the Dline which helps their secondary and LB core. Indy? They ranked 20th in defense WITH Mathis and Freeney. Not sure i would of used those teams as your examples mate.

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree with you 100% IES. Miller at DE in a 4-3 doesn't make a lick of sense. He's only 245 right? Doom or Ayers on the other end would be a pair of pretty light DEs to help stop the run with! I also agree that drafting a player at one position and trying to adapt him to play another is a recipe for failure. What happens with Doom or Ayers in this scenario? Move back to play LB?

Miller will not play DE in the 4-3 he will play either sam or will only play DE in passing downs. Same as Brian Orakpo plays LB in base then moves to DE in passing downs.

I Eat Staples
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM

I was thinking that too. I don't want a line that can rush the passer but give up 5 or more yards per rush. We already know Dumervil can't stop the run, I think Miller will be better at it but not great.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I was thinking that too. I don't want a line that can rush the passer but give up 5 or more yards per rush. We already know Dumervil can't stop the run, I think Miller will be better at it but not great.

You would of thought it would of been obvious after 2009 when Doom was able to get a lot of sacks but we gave up over 200 yds rushing. Having a bunch of pass rushers will become useless when you cant stop the run. :lol:

I Eat Staples
04-28-2011, 02:38 PM
You would of thought it would of been obvious after 2009 when Doom was able to get a lot of sacks but we gave up over 200 yds rushing. Having a bunch of pass rushers will become useless when you cant stop the run. :lol:

Exactly, which is why I'd want an impact player on the interior line (Dareus or Fairley) and then build around them.

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Hmmm, dont know about that. For starters, the Giants can at least stop the run. They have some talented guys on the Dline which helps their secondary and LB core. Indy? They ranked 20th in defense WITH Mathis and Freeney. Not sure i would of used those teams as your examples mate.

Im talking about pass rush, not overall defense.

I would draft the more dynamic player all day then to just draft a need. I'd take Colts or giants defense over ours last yr any day.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Im talking about pass rush, not overall defense.

I would draft the more dynamic player all day then to just draft a need. I'd take Colts or giants defense over ours last yr any day.

Obviously the Giants defense is awesome. However, the Colts arent that much greater than ours. The thing is, we know a guy like Doom can pass rush but we need people to stop the run. Miller isnt the best at stopping the run so again i ask what are you going to do? Settle for 2nd and 3rd round draft picks like we have the last decade who didnt make a difference? When do you finally fix the crutch of the problem?

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Well we will see very soon..My philosophy is draft best available player and I have Peterson & Miller as top 2.

Traveler
04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Exactly, which is why I'd want an impact player on the interior line (Dareus or Fairley) and then build around them.

Why can't we get an impact player at LB and DT? It is possible, no?

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Well we will see very soon..My philosophy is draft best available player and I have Peterson & Miller as top 2.

I just pray that the FO doesnt follow your theory. No offense. :D

I Eat Staples
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Indy's defense sucks. I hate defenses like that and I don't want us to become one.

I Eat Staples
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM

I assume you mean later in the draft? We can't get an impact player at two positions with the #2 pick, which is what I was talking about.

Traveler
04-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I assume you mean later in the draft? We can't get an impact player at two positions with the #2 pick, which is what I was talking about.

You assume correctly. Must have missed your point.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Who says we cant? I think the debate is which is more important to this team. The easy answer is DT.

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Obviously the Giants defense is awesome. However, the Colts arent that much greater than ours. The thing is, we know a guy like Doom can pass rush but we need people to stop the run. Miller isnt the best at stopping the run so again i ask what are you going to do? Settle for 2nd and 3rd round draft picks like we have the last decade who didnt make a difference? When do you finally fix the crutch of the problem?

This yrs 2nd round picks have a first round grade at DT where we pick in 2nd.
And I'm sorry I don't think Dareus is that guy. If it was last yr and it was Suh I would say draft him no doubt. Suh was a stud in college a man child Dareus was not. Dareus will be a plug in the middle of someones defense not a game changer...and that guy you DO NOT take at #2. Fairley could be a game changer but so many red flags he scares me.

Again free agency is after the draft can always find a guy to be a plug. nothing wrong drafting best available in draft this yr...then adding 2 guys in FA to fill a need. Don't need a stud a DT need a guy who does his job.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
And I'm sorry I don't think Dareus is that guy. If it was last yr and it was Suh I would say draft him no doubt. Suh was a stud in college a man child Dareus was not. Dareus will be a plug in the middle of someones defense not a game changer...and that guy you DO NOT take at #2. Fairley could be a game changer but so many red flags he scares me.

Your opinion of course regarding Dareus. I too favor Fairley but im not worried about any red flags. If its the personal fouls Suh had 3 this past year but i dont think Detroit is asking for a refund.

Again free agency is after the draft can always find a guy to be a plug. nothing wrong drafting best available in draft this yr...then adding 2 guys in FA to fill a need. Don't need a stud a DT need a guy who does his job.

No, Denver REALLY needs a stud DT. There is no question. We have a stud CB already. LB? Yea, could use a playmaker there but again the DT is needed far more than a LB at #2. Fairley is a stud and will dominate. Mark it down.

Traveler
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Agree with most of what you said except this:

Again free agency is after the draft can always find a guy to be a plug.

That's been the team MO for years. While we do need to address the DL, it should be done mainly through draft. No more older, stopgap FA's on the downside of their careers.

T.K.O.
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM

^ this makes sense to me...we get the bpa and still have 2 shots at a deep talent pool at DT
but i wouldnt be upset at the dareus pick either

Traveler
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
No, Denver REALLY needs a stud DT. There is no question. We have a stud CB already. LB? Yea, could use a playmaker there but again the DT is needed far more than a LB at #2. Fairley is a stud and will dominate. Mark it down.

Guess this is one argument that will have to be revisited at the end of the season.

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I just pray that the FO doesnt follow your theory. No offense. :D

Sorry to say but I think Denver will be drafting best available player...now we will see who they have on their board...all signs point to Miller.

Indy's defense sucks. I hate defenses like that and I don't want us to become one.

Fox like's fast defense....Fast LBs...Rushing DE's...A big DT in the middle which I believe we will sign Kris Jenkins and old Fox buddy.

With adding Jenkins getting Doom back Drafting Miller the defense takes a big step forward.

Northman
04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry to say but I think Denver will be drafting best available player...now we will see who they have on their board...all signs point to Miller.

Fox like's fast defense....Fast LBs...Rushing DE's...A big DT in the middle which I believe we will sign Kris Jenkins and old Fox buddy.

With adding Jenkins getting Doom back Drafting Miller the defense takes a big step forward.

We shall see.

cuzz4169
04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Your opinion of course regarding Dareus. I too favor Fairley but im not worried about any red flags. If its the personal fouls Suh had 3 this past year but i dont think Detroit is asking for a refund.

I don't care about personal fouls either....It's work ethic that scares me..plus he's best friends and went to high school with J. Russell.

I think Fairley could be the best defensive player in the draft but its 50/50.
I don't think Denver takes that chance.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM

I did like what Xanders said about being able to get a quality starting DT in the 2nd and then also a backup DT... so it seems to me they target DT at 36 & 67 and Vick & the 36 would be the starting DT's. Frees up the 46 for an OT or skill player

What I hate is that it looks like Taylor & Austin are going in the 1st...

That reduces us to hoping for Wilkerson or Paea at 36, that's not guaranteed either...

If that happens I hope the team has Casey or Nevis graded as that player worthy of the starting DT next to Vick.

If Ellis could do what Taylor has done (lose lbs/inc strength) or if Nevis could do what Tyron Smith did(bulking up) then I'd be fine with them but I don't see it...