PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft: How Quickly We Forget What We See On the Field

vandammage13
04-28-2011, 09:31 AM
If any of you guys watch college football, you may remember that the most dominant DT all year was Nick Fairley. If you listen to all the talking heads, it seems they forget just how dominant he was and he isn't really mentioned as a top pick anymore. I think that too much stock is placed in combine/workout performances instead of just looking at how the guy plays football.

Fairley flat out dominated the SEC all year and was a one-man wrecking crew against Oregon in the NCG. Nobody was more disruptive in the backfield last year, and the guy brings a Suh-like nasty attitude, which is something we need. Yet, people forget quickly just how dominant he was and talk more about Marcel Dareus (who is more Gerald McCoy than Ndumokong Suh IMO) at the DT position.

If the Broncos want to take Patrick Peterson, then fine. But if they are going DT, I will be pissed if they pick anyone other than Fairley.

TXBRONC
04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
If any of you guys watch college football, you may remember that the most dominant DT all year was Nick Fairley. If you listen to all the talking heads, it seems they forget just how dominant he was and he isn't really mentioned as a top pick anymore. I think that too much stock is placed in combine/workout performances instead of just looking at how the guy plays football.

Fairley flat out dominated the SEC all year and was a one-man wrecking crew against Oregon in the NCG. Nobody was more disruptive in the backfield last year, and the guy brings a Suh-like nasty attitude, which is something we need. Yet, people forget quickly just how dominant he was and talk more about Marcel Dareus (who is more Gerald McCoy than Ndumokong Suh IMO) at the DT position.

If the Broncos want to take Patrick Peterson, then fine. But if they are going DT, I will be pissed if they pick anyone other than Fairley.

Not me I would rather have Dareus and according to most of the things I've read the top three on Denver's draft board are Dareus, Miller and Peterson.

gatorpower
04-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Fairley is better than Dareus, but both are not worth a top-5 pick, imo. Dareus needs a rock next to him like Terrence Cody to be truly effective. Fairley takes plays off and greatly benefits from Auburn's style of DL play with stunting/blitzing. Both are good, but not top-5 good.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara are the cream of the crop this year.

BORDERLINE
04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm sure the scouts and coaches evaluate everything including game tape. We are not the Oakland Raiders drafting players because they ran the fastest 40.

rationalfan
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
and don't forget that, on the field, when alabama won the BCS title two years ago that dareus was the most dominant defensive player in the game - by far.

vandammage13
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
and don't forget that, on the field, when alabama won the BCS title two years ago that dareus was the most dominant defensive player in the game - by far.

I don't think Dareus will be a bust by any means, he would be a solid pick. I do think that Fairley has the most upside and game-changing ability though. Fairley's ceiling is the highest out of any DL prospect in this draft IMO.

Nick
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Peterson
Miller
Green
Jones
Prince

Bubble: Fairley

BroncoStud
04-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Fairley is a dirty player. This dude has Haynesworth written all over him.

horsepig
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Nah. Haynesworth is just plain stupid. Fairley isn't so much stupid as suspect when it comes to how will he do after he gets that first big fatfatfat paycheck.