PDA

View Full Version : Judge Denies NFL's Request for stay!

cardoso
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
bo ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring on Free Agency as of right now please!!!! sorry no link yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Nothing yet on this on NFL or ESPN websites

cardoso
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

cardoso
04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
im on phone someone please post link. i seen it on twitter. :elefant:

LTC Pain
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
bo ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring on Free Agency as of right now please!!!! sorry no link yet.

Carol is right. Nothing about a decision yet at SI, Rotoworld, Pro Football Talk, Fox Sports, etc. Judge Nelson may give a ruling on Thursday, per Rotoworld.

Please provide the link or the BS flag goes to the top mast.

spikerman
04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6439599

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Carol is right. Nothing about a decision yet at SI, Rotoworld, Pro Football Talk, Fox Sports, etc. Judge Nelson may give a ruling on Thursday, per Rotoworld.

Found the following:

MINNEAPOLIS | The federal judge who lifted the NFL lockout has denied the league’s request to put her ruling on hold.

U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson wrote late Wednesday that the NFL “has not met its burden for a stay pending appeal, expedited or otherwise.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/27/judge-denies-nfls-request-stay-ruling/

cardoso
04-27-2011, 08:47 PM

My gosh you guys are so out of the loop. Stop living in 2010 and join me in 2011 :D

cardoso
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I literally jumped on tweater and @breakingnews had this before ANYONE on my timeline and i follow about 400 people mostly nfl guys.

cardoso
04-27-2011, 08:52 PM
@AdamSchefter: Judge ordered NFL to start its league year immediately, but said no team obligated to sign free agents. Trades in question

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 09:02 PM

You have to consider the source.

Ok hoist the flag.

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Was under the impression that another court of appeals not located in MIN was deciding this. Above the original courts.

Even if they do rule I suspect they will find a judge that wil
Make the ruling.

Afterall lawyers are the inky ones that are making anything on this at a grand an hour.

spikerman
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
You have to consider the source.

Ok hoist the flag.

Links have been included in posts #6 and #7. You may want to hold off on the hoisting of the flag.

spikerman
04-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Was under the impression that another court of appeals not located in MIN was deciding this. Above the original courts.

Even if they do rule I suspect they will find a judge that wil
Make the ruling.

Afterall lawyers are the inky ones that are making anything on this at a grand an hour.

I believe this decision was whether to allow a stay while the appeal was filed.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I believe this decision was whether to allow a stay while the appeal was filed.

I think that is also what I heard.

hamrob
04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah, so no stay.

That doesn't mean that the NFL (as a business) can't issue ground rules, like:

No trades
No signing of free agents
No opening of the weight rooms, etc.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
A lot of information here:

MINNEAPOLIS—The federal judge who lifted the NFL lockout dealt another blow to the league late Wednesday, denying its request to put her ruling on hold and guaranteeing more limbo for the $9 billion business.

U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson wrote that the NFL "has not met its burden for a stay pending appeal, expedited or otherwise." She dismissed the NFL's argument that it is facing irreparable harm because of her decision Monday to end the 45-day lockout.

"In short, the world of 'chaos' the NFL claims it has been thrust into—essentially the 'free-market' system this nation otherwise willfully operates under—is not compelled by this court's order," Nelson wrote.

The judge acknowledged that her decision will be appealed to the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis and the NFL has promised that step. There was no immediate word from the league after Nelson's decision.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17938048

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Problem being, if a player signs, and the lockout is reinstated, that team could get screwed. There is also antitrust questions, with no CBA in force. And again, this isn't helping the 4yr players who again thought they were going to become UFA's if the league goes back to 2010 rules.

Judge judy was in too big of hurry, imo. She should have just told them to start the year in a week, or XX date. Whataditz.

cardoso
04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, so no stay.

That doesn't mean that the NFL (as a business) can't issue ground rules, like:

No trades
No signing of free agents
No opening of the weight rooms, etc.

partly correct. Judge said they are not obligated to sign or make trades but they are obligated to open the weight room. The judge ordered the NFL to start the new year immediately. As of right now there is no lockout and there will not be one until the 8th district makes it's decision.

So lockout is over for now, but lockout still there in owners eyes although they cant do anything that violates the ruling.

cardoso
04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
@adbrandt

Hate to dash hope for signings and trades right away, but don't think NFL opens for business until 8th Circuit says they have to..

cardoso
04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Problem being, if a player signs, and the lockout is reinstated, that team could get screwed. There is also antitrust questions, with no CBA in force. And again, this isn't helping the 4yr players who again thought they were going to become UFA's if the league goes back to 2010 rules.

Judge judy was in too big of hurry, imo. She should have just told them to start the year in a week, or XX date. Whataditz.

there will be no signings, you can almost be sure of that

It really doesn't matter what the judge says because either side would have appealed and taken it to a higher court. So now on to the 8th district for the appeal.

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
I think that is also what I heard.

So this is not new at all she said as much yesterday. Denying the stay while they appealed.

The appeal has or will be filed and they will go back to business as usual lockout

Ziggy
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Never doubt Carol when it comes to breaking news. She is the Jedi master of info on this forum.

Benetto
04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Without rules, we have chaos....

**** YOU D Smith!

BroncoStud
04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Attorneys suck.

topscribe
04-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Before anybody poops their pants, I just listened to NFL business analyst
Andrew Brandt, who said, while the clubs would have to open their doors for
players who want to come in, they still probably will not start business. In other
words, no FA, no signings, no trades . . . nothing happening.

-----

Chris90210
04-28-2011, 07:54 AM
partly correct. Judge said they are not obligated to sign or make trades but they are obligated to open the weight room. The judge ordered the NFL to start the new year immediately. As of right now there is no lockout and there will not be one until the 8th district makes it's decision.

So lockout is over for now, but lockout still there in owners eyes although they cant do anything that violates the ruling.

replace the weight room equipment with a rack of pink 3lbs dumbbells:laugh:

claymore
04-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Before anybody poops their pants, I just listened to NFL business analyst
Andrew Brandt, who said, while the clubs would have to open their doors for
players who want to come in, they still probably will not start business. In other
words, no FA, no signings, no trades . . . nothing happening.

-----

I would say you older guys are most likely to poop your pants. But that has nothing to do with the lockout. :heh:

Lonestar
04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
replace the weight room equipment with a rack of pink 3lbs dumbbells:laugh:

As long as the guys show up they would get their workout bonus that is what they want they have bills to pay and no income till the sept checks.

So pink dumbells serve no purpose. They still get paid.

The union is buying time, they know that the players will revolt and walk across the picket line so to speak.

It is all about money and the bills they have to pay.

Remember there is no uniion as we Speak and a few days before the judge ruled there were factions willing to walk away from the union.

That is what the owners want no union. Easier to control costs. Less
Restrictions lots of things go away minimum contracts and guaranteed money. They can set their own rookie scale.

tomjonesrocks
04-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Owners continue to get owned.

Was on their side, but it seems they ****** up.