PDA

View Full Version : Sources Say, Patrick Peterson the Broncos pick

WARHORSE
04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Supposedly breaking news........its breaking alright.

Im concerned about Northmans cat though.

Down to Peterson/Fairley?

I can honestly say now.....Im as baffled as ever on who we have targeted.

Smokescreens and windblown clouds......:coffee:

http://draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/?p=718

topscribe
04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I was going to say . . . we're getting all kinds of sources saying all kinds of different things . . .

-----

GEM
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

Traveler
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Not sure Fairley is even considered anymore unless we trade down. Word is both he and Bowers could be falling on many draft boards.

rcsodak
If fairley is the #2 pick, I will wear a cutler jersey and streak in it.

In other words, it ain't gonna happen.

Traveler

To be over!:D

dogfish
04-27-2011, 02:07 PM
**** those sources-- they can go die in a fire. . .

:welcome:

nevcraw
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
As much as I was hoping for Dareus or Fairly -- it only matters if they get the BPA in a position of need. don't really think building from the back up is going to help us in the short term..
I do like PP over Miller - unless we were still playing 3-4.

topscribe
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM
If fairley is the #2 pick, I will wear a cutler jersey and streak in it.

In other words, it ain't gonna happen.

I certainly hope you are right, now.

I don't think I could stand that . . . :lol:

-----

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 02:32 PM
I certainly hope you are right, now.

I don't think I could stand that . . . :lol:

-----
Dangit, top....now I can't delete it! :mad:

topscribe
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Dangit, top....now I can't delete it! :mad:

Not on your life. You're committed now. :D

-----

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2011, 02:59 PM

“The closer you get, the bigger the smokescreen."

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/04/25/daily-madden-mocking-the-mock-draft/

MileHighCrew
04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Will Elway announce the pick on twitter prior to the official pick?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Elway is certainly no dummy. He's done a great job of creating a lot of misdirection.

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 03:07 PM

This isn't on you War but are you sure this guy is a reliabe source?

In the DP just yesterday they said that the top three players on Denver's draft board were Dareus, Miller, and Peterson. But there wasn't any indication as to ranking.

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 03:10 PM

It's nice to see you so excited GEM. :embarassed:

:behindsofa:

Ziggy
04-27-2011, 03:13 PM
As much as I was hoping for Dareus or Fairly -- it only matters if they get the BPA in a position of need. don't really think building from the back up is going to help us in the short term..

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I do like PP over Miller - unless we were still playing 3-4.

I completely disagree with this. Ever watch Derrick Thomas wreak havoc week after week as an OLB in a 4-3 defense? I was a sight to see.....except when he was tearing up the Broncos.

LTC Pain
04-27-2011, 03:14 PM

This was Mayock's recommendation last night on "Path to the Draft". He indicated at #2 the Broncos should take Miller or Peterson. Reason is that they are special athletes and dominant at there positions. Concerning the Broncos need on the D-line, Mayock said this draft is deeper at DE/DT than he has seen in a long time and the Broncos could adequately fill DT needs in the second round.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
This was Mayock's recommendation last night on "Path to the Draft". He indicated at #2 the Broncos should take Miller or Peterson. Reason is that they are special athletes and dominant at there positions. Concerning the Broncos need on the D-line, Mayock said this draft is deeper at DE/DT than he has seen in a long time and the Broncos could adequately fill DT needs in the second round.

In lesser drafts and under different circumstances Paea and Austin are easily 1st round picks. To be able to get one of them in the 2nd is a blessing.

WARHORSE
04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
I hope we get Von Miller. If not Miller, Im on board with Fairley. If not Fairley then PP. If not PP then Dareus.

If not Dareus then Quinn.

If not Quinn then.......AJ Green.

Hes too special even though offense.

dogfish
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
This isn't on you War but are you sure this guy is a reliabe source?

In the DP just yesterday they said that the top three players on Denver's draft board were Dareus, Miller, and Peterson. But there wasn't any indication as to ranking.

what, you don't think some random dude's blog is a reliable source?

:noidea:

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Elway is certainly no dummy. He's done a great job of creating a lot of misdirection.lmao...

...either that, or he's as ******* clueless as his predecessor. :laugh:

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
In lesser drafts and under different circumstances Paea and Austin are easily 1st round picks. To be able to get one of them in the 2nd is a blessing.
Pray for 3-6 qb's going in the 1st.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Pray for 3-6 qb's going in the 1st.

Amen. I doubt it though. I dont see more than 2

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Amen. I doubt it though. I dont see more than 2
So you're not buying into the late rd trade rumors?

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
A corner at #2.......:laugh:

Just not gonna happen.....ever.

topscribe
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
A corner at #2.......:laugh:

Just not gonna happen.....ever.

Ordinarily, I would agree. However, we're talking about a 219# CB who is quick
as a cat and has blinding speed.

I still have one question about him, though: I'm not sure just how much of a
ball hawk he is. And when Julio faced him in zone coverage, Julio just owned him
at times, it seemed.

That is what would give me pause at #2.

-----

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Only if its signed: "dog"

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM

ball hawk he is. And when Julio faced him in zone coverage, Julio just owned him
at times, it seemed.

-----

Its been ages Top, good to hear from you. :salute:

Petersons game tape is not as great as his measurables, and even if it was, I dont believe a team would, or ever has, considered a corner at #2 (in the NFL).

Just not gonna happen Top.

GEM
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
It's nice to see you so excited GEM. :embarassed:

:behindsofa:

Damn skippy, I love the freaking draft. It's better than my birthday!!! I'm getting old and have kids. Once you've had kids, grandparents just toss you a card and blow it off. :tsk:

I'm getting old.

topscribe
04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Damn skippy, I love the freaking draft. It's better than my birthday!!! I'm getting old and have kids. Once you've had kids, grandparents just toss you a card and blow it off. :tsk:

I'm getting old.

Do you enjoy making me feel bad?

-----

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 06:19 PM

I have a skeptical nature.

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 06:21 PM

I'm getting old.

You're not old. Top and Jr THEY'RE OLD. :geezer:

Clipworthy
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
patrick

peterson

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
lmao...

...either that, or he's as ******* clueless as his predecessor. :laugh:

Would that be mikey?

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Would that be mikey?

Elway's predecessor was joshy.

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
at times, it seemed.
-----

We have the same in Champ. And his has that made our D top ten. Hell top 20.
Better yet in the top 30.

Fix the Dl and the average CBs become good the good ones become great.

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Would that be mikey?yeppers

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Elway's predecessor was joshy.
Did McD hold VP title?

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Did McD hold VP title?

Same power. It doesn't matter how it's designated.

Bottom line McDaniels was clueless.

Agent of Orange
04-27-2011, 08:29 PM
After listening to that Fox interview that Carol posted, Im doubtful that they take Peterson.

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Its been ages Top, good to hear from you. :salute:

Petersons game tape is not as great as his measurables, and even if it was, I dont believe a team would, or ever has, considered a corner at #2 (in the NFL).

Just not gonna happen Top.
Iirc the highest any cb has been drafted is #8 and that was Champ.

Certainly no one has been #2.

Let's hope we do not waste a#2 on this kid regardless of his skill.

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Same power. It doesn't matter how it's designated.

Bottom line McDaniels was clueless.

Nope, sorry Tx. McD was NOT elways predecessor.

Let go the hate.

;)

Traveler
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM

Correction:
Charles Woodson at #4 overall.

Lonestar
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Correction:

Deion Sanders at #5 overall.

Thank you. It still would make a huge precedent that no other team has ever done.

Henmay be great but not a need.

We not have the luxury of picking up players where we are worried about 3 years from now.

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Nope, sorry Tx. McD was NOT elways predecessor.

Let go the hate.

;)

Wrong he was. Don't accuse me of something you have no idea.

topscribe
04-27-2011, 11:31 PM

I believe Champ was drafted #7 overall. Other than that, I agree with just about
everything you've said over your last couple posts . . .

-----

topscribe
04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Wrong he was. Don't accuse me of something you have no idea.

Not really. McD was essentially the predecessor to Xanders/Fox. Elway is the
successor to Ellis . . . well, he essentially took over the football half of Ellis' job.

-----

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 11:42 PM
successor to Ellis . . . well, he essentially took over the football half of Ellis' job.

-----

McDaniels is the one that had the control over personnel which is more or less job that Elway has. There hasn't been any change in Ellis' responsibilities from what I understand.

topscribe
04-27-2011, 11:46 PM
McDaniels is the one that had the control over personnel which is more or less job that Elway has. There hasn't been any change in Ellis' responsibilities from what I understand.

Maybe so. I was only going by what Elway said was going to happen when he took over . . .

-----

dogfish
04-28-2011, 12:31 AM

maybe not. . .

but i bet if he tries to put a single, greasy finger on the draft, the duke will punt him nearly as far as some of his old pooch punts traveled. . .

:cool:

Dzone
04-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Rumor is that Broncos are burning up the phones trying to move down and get rid of the #2.

Denver27og
04-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Rumor is that Broncos are burning up the phones trying to move down and get rid of the #2.

if they can drop and get some extra picks and peterson!!! now that would be nice

topscribe
04-28-2011, 01:37 AM
if they can drop and get some extra picks and peterson!!! now that would be nice

If they drop, they will not get Peterson. However, they very well could get a
couple very good DTs and maybe even a linebacker or two. I could live with that . . .

-----

dogfish
04-28-2011, 01:42 AM

i think that's been apparent for weeks. . . and although i thought it wouldn't happen this year, it sounds like there might be enough teams reportedly interested that one will actually bite. . .

but maybe not the teams just a few spots back where we'd ideally like to be. . . kinda sounds like we might have to drop to washington at ten or houston at eleven, somwhere in that range. . . which i can deal with IF the compensation is right and we handle our business when we do pick, but it'll freak a lot of people out. . .

including me, honestly, if we aren't getting at least this year's second, a later rounder or two, and next year's first. . . i don't know if i'd even take that from houston if they're going to add miller or peterson plus getting guys like ryans and cushing all healthy-- but washington when they're going to start gabbert would be a bet for a high pick that i'd take. . .

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2011, 03:36 AM

1996 Shawn Springs #3 overall

:lol:

Ziggy
04-28-2011, 04:05 AM

Wrong. It was the 1997 draft, and luckily they made up for that mistake by trading up to the 6th pick also and taking future Hall of Fame OT Walter Jones.

muse
04-28-2011, 04:51 AM

I'm getting old.

Yeah, well the draft is my birthday this time around. Neh.

TXBRONC
04-28-2011, 06:52 AM
i think that's been apparent for weeks. . . and although i thought it wouldn't happen this year, it sounds like there might be enough teams reportedly interested that one will actually bite. . .

but maybe not the teams just a few spots back where we'd ideally like to be. . . kinda sounds like we might have to drop to washington at ten or houston at eleven, somwhere in that range. . . which i can deal with IF the compensation is right and we handle our business when we do pick, but it'll freak a lot of people out. . .

including me, honestly, if we aren't getting at least this year's second, a later rounder or two, and next year's first. . . i don't know if i'd even take that from houston if they're going to add miller or peterson plus getting guys like ryans and cushing all healthy-- but washington when they're going to start gabbert would be a bet for a high pick that i'd take. . .

In one respect I hope the lack of interest is because Denver isn't willing to give away the pick for a song and a dance.

It wouldn't freak me out to move down to 10 or 11 but I would be disappointed. It would mean more than likely that Denver's top three candidates are gone. Fairley might slip all the way to 10 from what I've heard recently but Washington doesn't have much to offer in this year's draft. We might get their 2nd rounder but I think most of what they have to offer would have to come next year IIRC.

rcsodak
04-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Wrong he was. Don't accuse me of something you have no idea.lmao. You are rich, Tx. What, now, did I accuse you of?

I swear...... :lol:

rcsodak
04-28-2011, 07:23 AM

-----

Let's take the guesswork out of this, k? Look at the Bronco's website on Personnel. Did McD have the same title that shanny/elway had?
:confused:

rcsodak
04-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Washington could throw in Haynesworth for those that miss the shenanigans of BM. :lol:

Juriga72
04-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Let's take the guesswork out of this, k? Look at the Bronco's website on Personnel. Did McD have the same title that shanny/elway had?
:confused:

Wow.... I guess you missed when the man crush got fired.. HERE'S what they said THAT day

After determining that two-time Super Bowl winner Mike Shanahan had amassed too much power, the Broncos pledged they wouldn't give McDaniels the same amount of responsibility when they hired him as Shanahan's replacement in January 2009.

Yet, that's exactly what they did.
"I think it kind of evolved and grew into that and as I said, I take some responsibility on behalf of Pat for allowing that to happen," Ellis said. "... And it's very likely that the plan will not empower the next head coach with the kind of authority that Josh was probably unfairly put upon him. And it's also fair to say that we'll stick to that plan."McDaniels, who was 32 when he was hired, had no head coaching experience at any level and had never made personnel decisions when he was handed the keys to the franchise. A few months later, he was allowed to hire videographer Steve Scarnecchia, whose secret tape of the San Francisco 49ers' practice in London got McDaniels in hot water and would weigh heavily in his dismissal five weeks later.

So yeah... the part where it says..."HE had as much power as Shanahan"...

TXBRONC
04-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow.... I guess you missed when the man crush got fired.. HERE'S what they said THAT day

After determining that two-time Super Bowl winner Mike Shanahan had amassed too much power, the Broncos pledged they wouldn't give McDaniels the same amount of responsibility when they hired him as Shanahan's replacement in January 2009.

Yet, that's exactly what they did.
"I think it kind of evolved and grew into that and as I said, I take some responsibility on behalf of Pat for allowing that to happen," Ellis said. "... And it's very likely that the plan will not empower the next head coach with the kind of authority that Josh was probably unfairly put upon him. And it's also fair to say that we'll stick to that plan."McDaniels, who was 32 when he was hired, had no head coaching experience at any level and had never made personnel decisions when he was handed the keys to the franchise. A few months later, he was allowed to hire videographer Steve Scarnecchia, whose secret tape of the San Francisco 49ers' practice in London got McDaniels in hot water and would weigh heavily in his dismissal five weeks later.

So yeah... the part where it says..."HE had as much power as Shanahan"...

Is this from an article in the Denver Post?

Juriga72
04-28-2011, 08:36 AM
yes.... From "The Happiest Day ever since the last Super Bowl win"

TXBRONC
04-28-2011, 08:56 AM
yes.... From "The Happiest Day ever since the last Super Bowl win"

Juriga would you mind posting the link?

Juriga72
04-28-2011, 09:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5895575

Sorry... I think its was Denver Post THRU ESPN

TXBRONC
04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5895575

Sorry... I think its was Denver Post THRU ESPN

Thank you. :salute:

Nick
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM

Charles Woodson was drafted #4 i believe to.

Nick
04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
I would love to have Broncos grab peterson, him and von miller seem like the most for sure thing but Peterson is one of those guys people are going to look back and say why did theses team pass this kid.

I am a big time BPA person rather then Need in most cases. Peterson will help Broncos for a long time.

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
I would love to have Broncos grab peterson, him and von miller seem like the most for sure thing but Peterson is one of those guys people are going to look back and say why did theses team pass this kid.

I am a big time BPA person rather then Need in most cases. Peterson will help Broncos for a long time.

What about positional value in football? Is a TE worth as much as a Qb? :tsk:

Peterson is the best prospect (BPA) but fills no immediate need. He also plays at a postion that is less important than many others defensively. Corners are extremely overatted but because of there unique skill sets (usually the best athelets on the field) fans overvalue them.

Mike
04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
What about positional value in football? Is a TE worth as much as a Qb? :tsk:

Peterson is the best prospect (BPA) but fills no immediate need. He also plays at a postion that is less important than many others defensively. Corners are extremely overatted but because of there unique skill sets (usually the best athelets on the field) fans overvalue them.

So do GMs apparently given their recent price tags. And how again are the Broncos set at CB or Safety? :confused:

I would rather take the BPA than reach for a position of need. How many DTs drafted early have been busts? Not that I think Dareus is a reach, but neither do I think he is the elite player that Miller and Peterson are.

Juriga72
04-28-2011, 01:48 PM

I can understand this point of view.. BUT at #2 they have to be a pro bowl multiple kinda guy..... CB's are very iffy in that regard.

Woodson looked very human with Oaklands D-line there....

Northman
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM

You mean like Bailey did?

Northman
04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I can understand this point of view.. BUT at #2 they have to be a pro bowl multiple kinda guy..... CB's are very iffy in that regard.

Woodson looked very human with Oaklands D-line there....

It goes even beyond that. A while back i did some research and the Packers most impressive defense was when they got Matthews and Raji. And of course eventually they won a championship. Denver already has that guy in Bailey so now we just need to fill the void on the Dline which has been ignored for years.

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2011, 02:14 PM
So do GMs apparently given their recent price tags. And how again are the Broncos set at CB or Safety? :confused:

I would rather take the BPA than reach for a position of need. How many DTs drafted early have been busts? Not that I think Dareus is a reach, but neither do I think he is the elite player that Miller and Peterson are.

GMs...price tags....what?

I said the Broncos have no immediate needs at corner, which they obviously dont. 2 Cbs were drafted last year.

Why bring up saftey, because Peterson can potentially play there? I dont see Peterson solidfying our safeties unless he actually is one.

You again, like the other poster Nick, are ignoring postional value. Ultimatley your thought process in drafting based on strictly BPA is flawed.

If the best prospect was a punter this year and he was without question the best punter prospect of modern football history, he would still be skipped on my numerous team, and rightfully so. How then can teams pass on the BPA? Because they are at a less demanding postion.

Corners have much less impact on football than any defensive lineman. The Broncos will draft Dareus or Fairly if they rate either highly but still not as high as Peterson because DT has much more impact on the game of football. However, if the gap between Dareus or Fairley vs Peterson is too large then the postional value might not be enough to then take either lineman. It comes down to how the Broncos project all these great prosects. But if history is an indicator of the future, corners dont typically get drafted in the top 5 (very few exceptions).

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
At the moment I picked Petersen......it guaranteed that we would not pick him.

Miller time baby.