PDA

View Full Version : Here's the deal....

Superchop 7
10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Defensively, we are getting killed in the A gap.

On the bright side, Niko has speed, (I thought he was slow, I'm very wrong) he has given me "slight" hope for the first time. (Play him at MLB till he "gets" it, once he is comfortable and the lights turn on, he is IMO an upgrade)

From an emotional standpoint, the defense wears panty hose, this is football, strap on a pair. (We need a true leader, they "really" let down the offense this year)

From a coaching standpoint, Slowik needs to be far more aggresive.

Offensively, Jay did a "great" job of checkdowns, (since Brandon was double covere), problem was, he was unfamiliar with the receiver so he had to "track" their speed and movement. I'm OK with that, it happens, at least he isn't locking on to a receiver like he used to.

A couple of times the receiver wasn't even on the same page, so a tip of the cap goes to Jay for not trying to force it.

omac
10-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Nice post.

I like how our defense was making hits the last game, but they missed some very key tackles.

I'm also curious to see if Niko is an upgrade over Nate. I read in some of the posts here before the season started that Nate is much more athletic than Niko, but Niko is better at reading plays. Don't know if that's true, but I'd like to find out. Not sure if I'd like to find out against NE, though.

LRtagger
10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I would love to see some personnel changes on D, but from what Shanny says during press conferences he is not convinced we need a change. He seems to think we are getting better and will continue to get better.

If we give up big plays to NE and Cassell looks like an all-pro, I will be extremely upset if something doesnt change coming out of the bye.

I also agree that Slowik needs to be more aggressive in his playcalling.

Superchop 7
10-17-2008, 12:47 AM
I felt that Niko was too slow.

Well ,he isn't.

IMO he simply lacks experience.

KISS

Flow to the ball.

broncofaninfla
10-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm, surprised Niko isn't in when we go 3/4. Seems like we would want him next to Webster in that formation?

LRtagger
10-17-2008, 09:48 PM
the coaches have a hardon for winborn.

slim
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
the coaches have a hardon for winborn.

Yeah they do. I don't get it :noidea:

JKcatch724
10-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah they do. I don't get it :noidea:

Neither does Nate Jackson.