PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wish we kept cutler?

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
just wondering

chazoe60
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Well, he's a helluva lot better than Orton and McDumbshit screwed up the draft picks we got so, yeah. Now, if Tebow becomes special then it will all work out for the best I suppose, but that jury is still out.

GEM
04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
I am not a Cutler fan.....BUT, he's a hell of a lot better than Orton. Agree with Chazoe here...if we had used the draft picks wisely, I could feel a whole lot better about the trade.

MileHighCrew
04-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes without question I wish we still had Cutler. But there are lot of things that have happened in my life I wish I could go back and change more than the Cutler trade.

Lonestar
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Some where between no and hell NO.
I voted eh not all that.

There is little doubt he had the arm to be a FQB. But he has shown time and time again he does not have the head as we speak to be one.

Some where down the line he might. But glad he and mike are gone.

Jay thought he could do no wrong and mike allowed him to do so hoping he would save his bacon.

You have to do more than hire a flunky to run the D which mike thought if he could outscore the other team al the time with a big arm he would keep his job.
But he banked al of his money on a three headed group of headcases.

MileHighCrew
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Jay won a playoff game this year, I know not just because of him, but he did win one.

BigDaddyBronco
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm hoping Tebow makes us all forget Cutler. I would rather have a QB who wants to be here than one that thinks Denver Fans are a 4.

TXBRONC
04-26-2011, 02:13 PM
I think we would be better off if we had kept him. McDaniels might have even bought himself a little more time if he hadn't of traded him.

That said I haven't lost any sleep over it because there is nothing I can do about it.

Benetto
04-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd rather have Cutler over a lot of other QBs in the NFL...Even though he doesn't win big games, he plays to win...And its damn fun watching him throw the football accurately, like its a RPG...

With a good defense, his many INTs don't mean much...

So hell yeah, I wish we hadn't traded Cutler. Especially for super scrub Pyle Orton.

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Do still wish we had Cutler, but I more wish we had a competent organization.

Jay Cutler has just as many playoff wins in the last 2 years than Denver has since the turn of the millennium.

nevcraw
04-26-2011, 03:13 PM
It was a crazy oober stupid move to dump him and to get whole lot of nothing in return was even more stupid.. but like a lot of past failed relationships you get to a point of closure and think better days are ahead.. I'm there..

dogfish
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
he's long gone-- i don't waste any time thinking about it, who cares at this point. . .

LTC Pain
04-26-2011, 03:42 PM
he's long gone-- i don't waste any time thinking about it, who cares at this point. . .

Word! :beer: :elefant: :salute:

bcbronc
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Heh, speaking of Cutler, if everyone could just take a moment, close their eyes and send some happy thoughts Roberto Luongo's way, that would be great.

Gawd I'm really getting a dislike for CHI sporting franchises. :(

Dzone
04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Just saw his picture in the news today, after he proposed to some reality tv star in cabo. I cant stand seeing his ugly mug with that stupid double chin. He's a jerk

Juriga72
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Heh, speaking of Cutler, if everyone could just take a moment, close their eyes and send some happy thoughts Roberto Luongo's way, that would be great.

Whats that yellow spot under Rob's crease there? Oh wait... never mind

Juriga72
04-26-2011, 04:01 PM
I wish he was still here...... Of course, our defense would have to carry him to all those
4th quarter comeback wins he had this year too....

OrangeHoof
04-26-2011, 04:20 PM
The only way to fairly answer that question is to remove Orton and the draft picks we got from the current equation however McD did such a shell game of trading up and down with those picks, it's a little hard to tell what we would be missing had we never traded Cutler. It's also debatable if we would have drafted Tebow had we still had Cutler on the squad, even if we wanted a backup.

On the surface, yes. He's far better than any QB we have on the team now and I think he could have developed some leadership skills had he stayed in Denver but it's not fair to project him onto the current roster without also subtracting the players we picked up in the trade.

dogfish
04-26-2011, 04:27 PM

root for the canucks?

i'd rather be boiled in hot oil. . . .

:welcome:

honz
04-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Plus he has a small penis.

bcbronc
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
root for the canucks?

How about rooting for my emotional well-being then?

sneakers
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
I wish we would have kept Jake Plummer....

Juriga72
04-26-2011, 05:18 PM

Ha... you ARE Roberto Luongo....lmao

Of course going from a 3-0 lead to losing the 7th game at home.... man.

I would cry for years... just cry

bcbronc
04-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Ha... you ARE Roberto Luongo....lmao

Of course going from a 3-0 lead to losing the 7th game at home.... man.

I would cry for years... just cry

:eviltongue:

:afraid:

:Cry:

jeebus, today's been tougher on my psyche than the Superbowls or Game 7 in the '94 Stanley Cup Finals. I'm on a ferry right now heading to Vancouver and there's a lot of nervous energy in the air, lol.

ya, off topic but **** Cutler.

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM

yea i love the broncos... yea i dislike the charger chiefs raiders and alot of other teams... but i still support alot of the player that used to play for the broncos... i dont just hate them suddenly just cuz they got traded..

they played hard for the broncos while they were here..

eddie quitterson and ashley lelie being the exceptions... i still support most..

gotta still love portis.. cutler... hillis.. marshall.. guys that played hard and it wasnt really thier fault they got traded

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 06:05 PM
I think we would be better off if we had kept him. McDaniels might have even bought himself a little more time if he hadn't of traded him.

That said I haven't lost any sleep over it because there is nothing I can do about it.

to be honest.. when mcdick was dismantling the broncos..

i lost alot of sleep.. just starting to get over it..

im glad elway is running the show now

TXBRONC
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
root for the canucks?

Your comments of self destruction are really starting worry me Dog. :shocked:

WARHORSE
04-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok.

Time to put all the woulda, coulda, shoulda, maybeouda speculation about Futler to rest.

HES A CHICAGE BEAR.

Now go home!

:coffee:

:D

atwater27
04-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Plus he has a small penis.

Nah... he just didn't like what you showed him when you bent over.

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
I wish we would have kept Jake Plummer....

orton is just like plummer with out the mobility

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok.

Time to put all the woulda, coulda, shoulda, maybeouda speculation about Futler to rest.

HES A CHICAGE BEAR.

Now go home!

:coffee:

ill go home... u go sit on a pole

Tned
04-26-2011, 07:03 PM
While I appreciate Dog's sentiment and don't pine for Cutler each day and rarely think about him, there is no question that if I look at if we would be better off if we hat kept Cutler, the answer is yes.

dogfish
04-26-2011, 08:15 PM

in most cases i certainly would, but not when it benefits the organization that employed bertuzzi and the coach/FO that created the culture that led to that incident (IMO). . .

sorry meng, no can do. . .

i hope they get smashed, but the broncos help repair your spirit with a sick draft. . . how's that?

dogfish
04-26-2011, 08:17 PM
yea i love the broncos... yea i dislike the charger chiefs raiders and alot of other teams... but i still support alot of the player that used to play for the broncos... i dont just hate them suddenly just cuz they got traded..

they played hard for the broncos while they were here..

eddie quitterson and ashley lelie being the exceptions... i still support most..

gotta still love portis.. cutler... hillis.. marshall.. guys that played hard and it wasnt really thier fault they got traded

yea, i don't hate cutler or any of those other guys either-- i think it's a little silly how much some people still do. . .

the only one out of the recent group of ex-broncos that i care about either way is hillis, who i'm still a fan of. . .

Magnificent Seven
04-26-2011, 08:52 PM
I believe in Tebow and I think he will be much better than Cutler.

I Eat Staples
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
The correct answer is we should have kept him, for the simple reason that you don't trade a player like that. It just doesn't happen.

Tebow has a very small chance of ever becoming as good as Cutler. He doesn't have the tools.

Northman
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Do i wish he was still here? Meh, pretty pointless to worry about it at this point. But as Gem pointed too earlier in the thread had McDaniels used more common sense when he came in and started to actually fix the defense rather than pretend the offense was the problem than we might be better off today and not picking #2.

At this point our hopes fall on #15 and if not, we move on to the next.

claymore
04-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Im just glad we got rid of McDaniels. Everything else is in the past.

Denver27og
04-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Im just glad we got rid of McDaniels. Everything else is in the past.

AMEN to that

Watchthemiddle
04-27-2011, 12:27 PM
I am willing to bet we could get him back from Chicago.

Trade Tebow..a guy who would play with a broken leg for a guy who had a boo boo and took himself out of the NFCCG.

Post this kind of poll in Chicago right now...I bet they want to draft a QB who will actually play football

Watchthemiddle
04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
yea, i don't hate cutler or any of those other guys either-- i think it's a little silly how much some people still do. . .

the only one out of the recent group of ex-broncos that i care about either way is hillis, who i'm still a fan of. . .

I agree...Hillis is on the brink of becoming the face of Madden and is the only player who has done anything worth while that we got rid off.

Marshall - well we know his story
Cutler - gimp, head case, still trying to work on the same things he never improved on in college...how to win and mechanics
Sheffler - will always be a mediocre TE
A. Smith - makes WR's look great

arapaho2
04-27-2011, 01:02 PM

Trade Tebow..a guy who would play with a broken leg for a guy who had a boo boo and took himself out of the NFCCG.

Post this kind of poll in Chicago right now...I bet they want to draft a QB who will actually play football

a selective memory must be fun huh?

Poet
04-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Actually he's still pretty popular around these parts.

jhns
04-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes! I do wish we still had him. Unlike others in this thread, I do still pine for him and I have lost sleep. I will always agree with Elway that it was a big mistake. I could have gone without seeing this franchises worst ever season.

Juriga72
04-27-2011, 01:43 PM

For a guy who took one of the worst ever beatings from his O-line this year... Not one person I bet is questioning his toughness. Obviously you seemed to miss those "NfL leading sacks" for a guy who set the Bronco record for least sacks in a season.

Of course he did do something in the playoffs THIS year that no one had done for 40 years also... run AND throw for 2 td's each.

But of course I forget... it "Was just the Seahawks..... possibly one of the worst playoff teams ever".. The very same playoff team that sacked him 6 times, and "Kyle Ortman picked apart when HE was playing at a ALL-pro level" this year...

I Eat Staples
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM

Not one NFL GM would trade Cutler for Tebow.

I agree...Hillis is on the brink of becoming the face of Madden and is the only player who has done anything worth while that we got rid off.

Marshall - well we know his story
Cutler - gimp, head case, still trying to work on the same things he never improved on in college...how to win and mechanics
Sheffler - will always be a mediocre TE
A. Smith - makes WR's look great

Scheffler is mediocre, you're right, but that's better than any TE on our roster and we traded him for no reason. Smith does make WRs look great, but you do realize that your boy McD was the one who completely ****** up by drafting him?

Trading a 1st for a 2nd, one of McD's many examples of doing things that no other team would ever think about doing.

Edit: Oh and we traded Smith for nothing in return, unless you count robert ethan...

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
a selective memory must be fun huh?
Poll shows he's more right than wrong, here.

And where was he 'mistaken', in YOUR opinion?

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Not one NFL GM would trade Cutler for Tebow.
your opinion.

Edit: Oh and we traded Smith for nothing in return, unless you count robert ethan...
Is that really necessary?
:rolleyes:

jhns
04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Poll shows he's more right than wrong, here.

And where was he 'mistaken', in YOUR opinion?

It isn't an opinion that the post was wrong. Cutler has never pulled himself. Cutler played through his injury until his coach pukled him for being bad while injured. I bet neither of you says Orton pulled himself because he didn't want to play injured.

How exactly does this poll help make his point?

Denver27og
04-28-2011, 02:19 AM
this was just an offseason type of thread..

i see alot of people miss cutler too..

yea nothing we can do about it but i was just seeing how people felt right now..

if i made this post when MCdik was still..

oh man... good to see all the mcdik supporters are gone

Ravage!!!
04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
this was just an offseason type of thread..

i see alot of people miss cutler too..

yea nothing we can do about it but i was just seeing how people felt right now..

if i made this post when MCdik was still..

oh man... good to see all the mcdik supporters are gone

*Points to rc and wiz*.... they aren't. There are still a couple of dik lovers here.