PDA

View Full Version : Fox: We Cant Reach...........

WARHORSE
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow. I think this may not bode well for the Dareus fans.
How do you reach at the 2nd pick?
Is he talking about not taking a QB?
I dont think so.

Im thinking maybe the pick is Patrick Peterson or Von Miller if this is the case?

Both Peterson and Miller grade out better than Dareus.

HMMmmmmm......food for thought.

Fox said he didn't know what the trade climate would be this week given the NFL's labor uncertainty. But if the Broncos were to stay in the No. 2 spot Fox said the team is looking to avoid reaching when they make the selection.
"I think even in the top four, there's a player there that warrants that pick," Fox said. "Without going into specific names ... I think there are good players at the top of this draft and we'll get one of them."

Read more: Broncos' Fox: Carolina might not make Newton No. 1 pick - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17930816#ixzz1KeXTVg82
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Is he saying there are four players since he mentioned the top four?

If that is the case, remove Newton and Gabbert, and we can go as far down as 6 and still get a player we want.

Id rather trade down.....

cuzz4169
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
I have seen Fox compare Peterson to Rod Woodson..That's a pretty hefty comparison. I also believe from what coaches are saying that the pick is Peterson or Miller. DT in second, and with Free Agency being after the draft it also changes things...you can draft best available.

Northman
04-26-2011, 01:04 PM
As i said, if we take Peterson my cat goes through my tv.

slim
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
They have to take BPA and that will probably be Peterson or Miller.

I don't really like it, but I think that is the only way to draft.

WARHORSE
04-26-2011, 01:12 PM

Man.....Im really concerned North.

Not for you.

But the cat might not like the air travel very well, nor the program.

Let me just say that I think

Miller is the pick........and hope the best for the cat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2011, 01:16 PM

Don't worry, Peterson has immense upside. He only needs another 90 pounds to be able to line up at 3-tech.

underrated29
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Yep.

I have changed what I think we will do too.

I looked at all the guys we brought in and almost all of the DTs and we looked a t a ton of them are all 2nd/3rd guys. The LBs we looked at were a few, dontay moch, herz I think, and one other.... Same with DB, we looked at harris, and a S or two later in the draft.

I think we do this

von miller
austin
ellis
Ziggy
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Miller isn't my first choice, but the pick would make sense. It would give us an elite player at every level of the defense, and he could be used in a Derrick Thomas type role. On passing downs, you could move him around, and it gives D coordinators 2 players to have to game plan around.

rcsodak
04-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Personally, and not having any more to go on than gut feeling and listening to nfl guys opine, I would feel like the FO is jinxed, should DT not be addressed early and often.
Having nnamdi and company at oak didn't win them games. But adding DTs and seymour did.
how did hayden do for cleveland last year?

Is PP = or > Berry or Thomas from last year?

Kc had a better dl than denver did. Seattle did, at times, but for injuries. And we're talking the #2 pick!

Ugh.

I just hope for the best, and put my trust in the guys making the calls,which is all we CAN do.

:drink:

LTC Pain
04-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Wow. I think this may not bode well for the Dareus fans.
How do you reach at the 2nd pick?
Is he talking about not taking a QB?
I dont think so.

Im thinking maybe the pick is Patrick Peterson or Von Miller if this is the case?

Both Peterson and Miller grade out better than Dareus.

HMMmmmmm......food for thought.

Fox said he didn't know what the trade climate would be this week given the NFL's labor uncertainty. But if the Broncos were to stay in the No. 2 spot Fox said the team is looking to avoid reaching when they make the selection.
"I think even in the top four, there's a player there that warrants that pick," Fox said. "Without going into specific names ... I think there are good players at the top of this draft and we'll get one of them."

Read more: Broncos' Fox: Carolina might not make Newton No. 1 pick - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17930816#ixzz1KeXTVg82
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Is he saying there are four players since he mentioned the top four?

If that is the case, remove Newton and Gabbert, and we can go as far down as 6 and still get a player we want.

Id rather trade down.....

WH,

I didn't take Fox's comment as a lick against Dareus, though the majority of mock drafts have the Broncos taking him. It seems Fox is indicating that he (along with Elway and Xander) wants to hit the nail square on the head with the 2nd pick. Make the sure pick with the least risk. That's all I got from "we can't reach". I think the Panthers would be reaching if they take Newton with the #1 pick, seeing how he's not NFL-ready and is clearly a developmental project.

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 01:29 PM
oh yea...

i hope we take peterson..

i know we need a line too.. but just like alot of other elite CBs..

a few years down the road.. he has the best potential to be the best player in the draft..

we all know its not going to be a QB.. and most of the time.. dlinemen dont make a huge impact in thier rookie year...

TXBRONC
04-26-2011, 03:10 PM
I didn't get that out of Fox's comments. In fact earlier in the article it said that Peterson, Miller, Dareus, and A.J. Green are this years blue chip prospects.

SOCALORADO.
04-26-2011, 03:19 PM
WH,

I didn't take Fox's comment as a lick against Dareus, though the majority of mock drafts have the Broncos taking him. It seems Fox is indicating that he (along with Elway and Xander) wants to hit the nail square on the head with the 2nd pick. Make the sure pick with the least risk. That's all I got from "we can't reach". I think the Panthers would be reaching if they take Newton with the #1 pick, seeing how he's not NFL-ready and is clearly a developmental project.

Yeah, either did i. I think WH wants to hear what he wants to hear.
Reaching to me is taking Von Miller who has to absolutely be the all time moronic pick ever by DEN. He doesnt fit the Fox 4-3 in any way shape or form and has no buisness in this defense whatsoever.
Peterson is 10 Xs the reach Dareus is at #2.

BroncoStud
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Denver has needed a good Safety for YEARS. Peterson is an NFL Safety, I have NO problem taking him #2.

SOCALORADO.
04-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Denver has needed a good Safety for YEARS. Peterson is an NFL Safety, I have NO problem taking him #2.

Wait, wait, wait.
I thought from all the insane hype that this kid was supposed to be the next great "shut-down", "ballhawk" CB!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?
If hes sooooo good, he should come right in and light it up at CB!?!? Right!?!?!
Now folks are saying he translates better at FS in the NFL? WTH?
So DEN is gonna use the #2 pick on a FS?!?
You know FA has a whole sh!tload of really good FSs, Right!?!?

cuzz4169
04-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Patrick Peterson might be all pro his rookie year as a CB...I would bet anything if he's healthy he's DROY hands down. The kid is a stud! I have watched him all year along with Dareus and Fairley. He is hands down the best of the 3. Peterson has been a player since he was a freshman.

Sorry but for last 2 yrs Dareus has NOT impressed me one bit. Someone is going to be disappointed.

Lonestar
04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
oh yea...
i hope we take peterson..
i know we need a line too.. but just like alot of other elite CBs..
a few years down the road.. he has the best potential to be the best player in the draft..
we all know its not going to be a QB.. and most of the time.. dlinemen dont make a huge impact in thier rookie year...

So when do you bite the bullect on getting quality Dl guys.

Please do not think that we are going to be play off material for a year or three.

I say get the big fatties and get them all the exprience this down year.

Lonestar
04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Let me add once the Dl is fixed most of the guys behind them will be a huge improvement.

sneakers
04-26-2011, 04:57 PM

NOoooooooooooo!

BroncoStud
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Wait, wait, wait.
I thought from all the insane hype that this kid was supposed to be the next great "shut-down", "ballhawk" CB!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?
If hes sooooo good, he should come right in and light it up at CB!?!? Right!?!?!
Now folks are saying he translates better at FS in the NFL? WTH?
So DEN is gonna use the #2 pick on a FS?!?
You know FA has a whole sh!tload of really good FSs, Right!?!?

He has NFL Safety size and ball skills. I don't know if he is going to play CB or FS, but it's likely he could do either.

There are plenty of servicable FS's out there, but the great ones make a major difference in the defensive secondary.

WARHORSE
04-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Reaching to me is taking Von Miller who has to absolutely be the all time moronic pick ever by DEN. He doesnt fit the Fox 4-3 in any way shape or form and has no buisness in this defense whatsoever.

lol

I didnt know I was doing that SoCal, but perhaps unconsciously.:shocked:

But as for Miller being a moronic pick......I gotta disagree.

As for whether he fits Foxs defense, I think if we draft him you'll know exactly what Fox thinks on the fit.

The sam LBer from what Ive read is the rush LBer position in his defense.

We need DT bigtime, but we need a hit more than anything, and an IMPACT player.

To me, when it comes to IMPACT, Id say Miller is at the top, with Fairley second, AJ Green third, Peterson then Dareus.

For all the Dareus fans......DT is a top round draft bust position, and one thing about Dareus thats missing? Production.

Was it scheme or player?

SpringsBroncoFan
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Ouch... leave the poor kitty alone! :lol:

Just go Office Space with everyone else here in a video party with everyone destroying TV's

Agent of Orange
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Theyll be reaching on any DB if they dont fix the defensive line. Having Champ wasted the last several years prooves that.

TXBRONC
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Patrick Peterson might be all pro his rookie year as a CB...I would bet anything if he's healthy he's DROY hands down. The kid is a stud! I have watched him all year along with Dareus and Fairley. He is hands down the best of the 3. Peterson has been a player since he was a freshman.

Sorry but for last 2 yrs Dareus has NOT impressed me one bit. Someone is going to be disappointed.

True and it could be Peterson that is the disappointment.

bcbronc
04-26-2011, 06:05 PM

ya, no. Tommy Gun forever holds that title.

sounds to me like Fox recognizes that upside is more important at 2 than position is. Building a dominant DL and defense isn't done at #2 alone...it's a multi pick process that needs to be committed to each and every draft.

so get a play maker at 2, not a space taker.

BroncoBJ
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm starting to think that we may take Patrick Peterson with our pick and go Dlinemen in the 2nd round. Going to get our Elite DB now, piss a lot of fans off, and then have a good 2nd day and make people a little bit happy. I don't really agree with it. I feel games are won and lost in the trenches and we gotta go Dline early and often. But Peterson does have potential to be the best player in the draft which we might do. :fight:

Damn, 2 long days until the draft. :elefant:

WARHORSE
04-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I still hope we trade down and make this all moot.

cuzz4169
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
True and it could be Peterson that is the disappointment.

Doubt it.

TXBRONC
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Doubt it.

Obviously, nevertheless it's still possible.

cuzz4169
04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Obviously, nevertheless it's still possible.

your right...

TXBRONC
04-26-2011, 08:13 PM
your right...

And so are you. :D

CoachChaz
04-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I think people have to take a long look at defenses today. Yeah...on 1st and 10 we'll see the 4-3. But on 2nd and long and 3rd down packages, it all changes around. Fox is like any decent coach...give him a talented player and he'll find a way to use him.

Northman
04-26-2011, 11:24 PM

Peterson had a LOT OF HELP with the LSU defense. Try again.

If any of the 3 impressed the most it was Fairley.

cuzz4169
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Peterson had a LOT OF HELP with the LSU defense. Try again.

If any of the 3 impressed the most it was Fairley.

lol you have to be kidding me right? Peterson has been impressive since his freshman yr...what are you watching? Anyone who thinks this kid is not going to be a stud, should watch bowling instead of football....

claymore
04-27-2011, 01:09 AM

I dont like it either. But Im a BPA guy, and If they evaluate Miller and Peterson as the BPA, I hope they stick to their guns. I really hate taking a DB that high though.

Northman
04-27-2011, 07:35 AM
lol you have to be kidding me right? Peterson has been impressive since his freshman yr...what are you watching? Anyone who thinks this kid is not going to be a stud, should watch bowling instead of football....

Who's saying he wont be a decent player?

What im saying is that Peterson was on a far better defense than Fairley was yet Fairley still led the SEC in individual play. Peterson benefitted a lot by his surrounding cast whereas Fairley did not. LSU was ranked 8th as Auburn was ranked 53rd. You cannot tell me that Peterson did not benefit greatly from his surrounding cast. Perhaps it is YOU who should be watching bowling. :lol:

Dirk
04-27-2011, 07:36 AM
If we stay pat at #2 I would be happy with Miller. If we trade down I would be happy with Fairley in the 1st round. Marcel would be a great pick also if we trade down. I think Carolina is going to snag either P2 or Marcel. I don't think they will take Scam either.

I like P2 and think he will be outstanding, but I just don't think we need to grab a CB that high this year.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
I really think people let this whole "supporting cast" thing get a little out of control. With all due respect North...any player that comes into Denver will be playing on a line with Doom and likely another very good DL whether they are acquired via draft or FA. I think the things that a player accomplishes by himself are a little overblown...especially in a team game.

But if what a player accomplishes as the "only" great player on his side of the ball are what we are going to guage their value by...then Von Miller should be at the top of our list by a long shot.

Dirk
04-27-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm with ya coach. I think we should go after Miller with #2 if they don't trade down.

Agent of Orange
04-27-2011, 08:11 AM
I really think people let this whole "supporting cast" thing get a little out of control. With all due respect North...any player that comes into Denver will be playing on a line with Doom and likely another very good DL whether they are acquired via draft or FA. I think the things that a player accomplishes by himself are a little overblown...especially in a team game.

But if what a player accomplishes as the "only" great player on his side of the ball are what we are going to guage their value by...then Von Miller should be at the top of our list by a long shot.

This kind of garbage rationalization is how the defensive line has been neglected for so long.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 08:21 AM

Miller is the last player DEN should be looking at. You've ben on his sack forever simply because your an aggie.
Face it, he doesnt fit the Fox 4-3 scheme and all the hampster wheeling in the world isnt gonna change that. No he isnt Julius Peppers and shouldnt even be remotely considered for a 4-3 DE spot. He would be completely out of position in DEN, and any sane person knows this.
He only fits a 3-4 Rush LB position and DEN no longer plays with that.
Please dont hamster wheel this. He just doesnt fit. Having Doom on one side will be a big enough stretch as it is, but having 2 3-4 Rush LBs is just stupid.
Miller has a very small frame, gets overwhelmed at point of attack ,is weak versus the run and needs to improve his hand use.
DEN needs a 4-3 DE to go opposite Doom.
Robert Quinn
Aldon Smith
JJ Watt
Ryan Kerrigan
Adrian Clayborn
Brooks Reed
Jabaal Sheard
Allen Bailey
Are you kidding me!?!??! This just so happens to be one of the biggest, and best 4-3 DTs/DEs drafts in forever, and were talking about a pure 3-4 Rush LB instead of all of these guys!?!?!?!? WTH!!!
Also how in the hell is DEN just gonna get another really good DL player in FA!??!? What you think SEA is just gonna let Mebane walk!?!?!?
Or NYG are just gonna let Cofield go without a huge fight!?!?
DL players are ther most coveted players in the NFL and for good reason.

Dirk
04-27-2011, 08:28 AM
We definately need good DL players and this draft is full of them. There isn't a Suh in this draft to be taken at #2. So you take the BPA at #2. I think that is Miller.

My hope is that we trade down and pick up some more picks and get Fairley. That would be the best case scenario in my book but if we stay at #2 we should take Miller. P2 may be the BPA but it is way to high at #2 for a CB.

But what do I know...I am just a fan. :D

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Sorry SOCAL...didnt realize I was pissing in your Cheerios. If you dont realize I'm a realist, then you really dont read any of my posts very often. As opposed to saying I'm on Miller's sack because he's an Aggie, we could also say that he is the one player I can discuss the most above all others. I've seen pretty much every snap of his collegiate career and I'll go out on a limb and say that I know Miller and his game better than anyone on this board.

That being said...I'm also not a complete idiot. I dont want to see players from my school play for my Broncos simply because that would be "cool". If you paid attention to anything I said or anything that happens in the NFL, you'd see that the whole label of a 4-3 or a 3-4 IS A COMPLETE MYTH!!!! NFL defenses have a base package that is labeled as one of these, but they've become so hybrid anymore that by the end of the game, you can probably count on one hand how many plays were run out of a straight 4-3 package.

I'll make it simple. If Fox or any other DC in the NFL were to use a game plan where 75% of the plays they were lined up specifically with 4 DL and 3 LB, they would most likely be the worst defense in the NFL. If someone is going to argue that fact...let alone come to a point of name calling over it, then it gives me a pretty good idea of what they understand about NFL defenses and personnel. If it were as simple as saying this guy is a 3-4 LB and can onloy play in a defense that runs 3-4 all the time, the draft would be easy. Just doesnt work that way, brother.

That all being said...I will continue to stick to the desire I've had from the beginning. Draft Dareus. But if Carolina takes him...as I expect they will...we've got to figure out another option. Nick Fairley is not that option

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 08:42 AM
This kind of garbage rationalization is how the defensive line has been neglected for so long.

It's not rationalization...it's reality. There are two ways you can end up with mediocre DT's. Pick up someone else's garbage in FA, or draft a player that turns out to be a bust. If Carolina takes Dareus #1, there ARE NO DT'S after him that are worthy of a top 5 pick. At that point, you have to go with the BPA.

Here's something every NFL scout/player personnel rep/coach/you name it will tell you.

If you go into each draft with the intent to draft solely for need...you will always be drafting in the top 10.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Sorry SOCAL...didnt realize I was pissing in your Cheerios. If you dont realize I'm a realist, then you really dont read any of my posts very often. As opposed to saying I'm on Miller's sack because he's an Aggie, we could also say that he is the one player I can discuss the most above all others. I've seen pretty much every snap of his collegiate career and I'll go out on a limb and say that I know Miller and his game better than anyone on this board.

That being said...I'm also not a complete idiot. I dont want to see players from my school play for my Broncos simply because that would be "cool". If you paid attention to anything I said or anything that happens in the NFL, you'd see that the whole label of a 4-3 or a 3-4 IS A COMPLETE MYTH!!!! NFL defenses have a base package that is labeled as one of these, but they've become so hybrid anymore that by the end of the game, you can probably count on one hand how many plays were run out of a straight 4-3 package.

I'll make it simple. If Fox or any other DC in the NFL were to use a game plan where 75% of the plays they were lined up specifically with 4 DL and 3 LB, they would most likely be the worst defense in the NFL. If someone is going to argue that fact...let alone come to a point of name calling over it, then it gives me a pretty good idea of what they understand about NFL defenses and personnel. If it were as simple as saying this guy is a 3-4 LB and can onloy play in a defense that runs 3-4 all the time, the draft would be easy. Just doesnt work that way, brother.

That all being said...I will continue to stick to the desire I've had from the beginning. Draft Dareus. But if Carolina takes him...as I expect they will...we've got to figure out another option. Nick Fairley is not that option

Your hampster wheeling again. Some of you guys are getting obsessive over this process.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4380549287_933789777e.jpg

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Your hampster wheeling again. Some of you guys are getting obsessive over this process.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4380549287_933789777e.jpg

Hamster wheeling? Fine. That's pretty much what the draft process is about. Especially when there are so many needs to fill and so many options to go about filling them.

Obsessive? Depends on your point of view. Some people are just interested in the complexities of inane things like NFL defenses and know a little something about them. Not much different from being intrigued by how a car engine works or how to build websites. Obsession...pastime...hobby...all terms fit.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Hamster wheeling? Fine. That's pretty much what the draft process is about. Especially when there are so many needs to fill and so many options to go about filling them.

Obsessive? Depends on your point of view. Some people are just interested in the complexities of inane things like NFL defenses and know a little something about them. Not much different from being intrigued by how a car engine works or how to build websites. Obsession...pastime...hobby...all terms fit.

No chaz. Your just really, really, really hoping DEN takes the player that went to your alma mater and you've allowed a bit of obsessive compulsiviness to overwhelm your common sense. Happens all the time just before the draft. You remember me when we picked Ayers and Moreno? I wanted Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing so bad i was bleeding out my ears. (And DEN actually could have used them, but thats irrelevant)
And now, like a hampster your peddling your idea desperately trying to make everyone look away from the simple fact that while Von Miller is an exceptional athlete and a very good college player, he simply doesnt fit the base 4-3 scheme in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. And there just so happens to be an absolute TON of 4-3 DEs that specifically DO fit the John Fox 4-3 scheme and they will be readily available in the 2nd round. And they all would do much better playing opposite Doom at rushing the passer and more importantly stopping the run. Something that Miller knows NOTHING about.
But never mind that!
If Dareus is gone then Peterson or Fairley will most likely be the pick.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
No matter how good or talented he projects to be, a CB is always a reach at #2.

If you think about it, so is a LB. Right now, we can't just "not reach", we have to take value. If Kyle Rudolf was rated as the best TE ever, he still wouldn't be worth #2 overall because of the position he plays.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
No chaz. Your just really, really, really hoping DEN takes the player that went to your alma mater and you've allowed a bit of obsessive compulsiviness to overwhelm your common sense. Happens all the time just before the draft. You remember me when we picked Ayers and Moreno? I wanted Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing so bad i was bleeding out my ears. (And DEN actually could have used them, but thats irrelevant)
And now, like a hampster your peddling your idea desperately trying to make everyone look away from the simple fact that while Von Miller is an exceptional athlete and a very good college player, he simply doesnt fit the base 4-3 scheme in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. And there just so happens to be an absolute TON of 4-3 DEs that specifically DO fit the John Fox 4-3 scheme and they will be readily available in the 2nd round. And they all would do much better playing opposite Doom at rushing the passer and more importantly stopping the run. Something that Miller knows NOTHING about.
But never mind that!
If Dareus is gone then Peterson or Fairley will most likely be the pick.

Dude...how many times do I have to say it. My first choice is Dareus and I like Miller after that. there is no obsession with bringing Miller to Denver. I dont care if he played for UT or USC or anywhere else. I like his game and the options Fox would have with him in there. Or maybe I should start obsessing about having Denver draft Jerrod Johnson in late rounds as a back-up to Tebow, just to help you prove your left-field theory.

You've obviously not seen Miller play much and that's why you feel compelled to label me with this. PLEASE feel free to look at tape and see how he plays against the run. If numbers save you time, then explain to me how a player (who you seem to label as a one trick pony pass rusher) records 68 tackles, 17.5 of which happen behind the LOS, while playing on a bad ankle...if he sucks so horribly against the run?

You want to see a player on the edge that sucks against the run? Watch Doom play. You want to see a guy that is a one trick pony? Watch Doom play.

I'll say it right now. Miller will be a better overall player than Doom when it's all said and done.

and that assessment has NOTHING to do with his alma mater, so please get off that horse.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Dude...how many times do I have to say it. My first choice is Dareus and I like Miller after that. there is no obsession with bringing Miller to Denver. I dont care if he played for UT or USC or anywhere else. I like his game and the options Fox would have with him in there. Or maybe I should start obsessing about having Denver draft Jerrod Johnson in late rounds as a back-up to Tebow, just to help you prove your left-field theory.

You've obviously not seen Miller play much and that's why you feel compelled to label me with this. PLEASE feel free to look at tape and see how he plays against the run. If numbers save you time, then explain to me how a player (who you seem to label as a one trick pony pass rusher) records 68 tackles, 17.5 of which happen behind the LOS, while playing on a bad ankle...if he sucks so horribly against the run?

You want to see a player on the edge that sucks against the run? Watch Doom play. You want to see a guy that is a one trick pony? Watch Doom play.

I'll say it right now. Miller will be a better overall player than Doom when it's all said and done.

and that assessment has NOTHING to do with his alma mater, so please get off that horse.

If DEN took Miller at #2, i would literally expect them to TRADE Doom by the end of the 2nd round. Thats what i would expect. Theres just absolutely no reason to have 2 completely one-dimensional players who couldnt stop the run to save their lives, playing on the outside of a 4-3 defensive scheme trying to rush the passer. That isnt gonna work. Just isnt.
And yes ive watched plenty of Miller on tape and he is horrific against the run. Good dropping in coverage though. Good getting off the edge from the snap and rushing the passer. Just like Doom.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
If DEN took Miller at #2, i would literally expect them to TRADE Doom by the end of the 2nd round. Thats what i would expect. Theres just absolutely no reason to have 2 completely one-dimensional players who couldnt stop the run to save their lives, playing on the outside of a 4-3 defensive scheme trying to rush the passer. That isnt gonna work. Just isnt.
And yes ive watched plenty of Miller on tape and he is horrific against the run. Good dropping in coverage though. Good getting off the edge from the snap and rushing the passer. Just like Doom.

Well...just a difference in our assessments, I suppose. I'm not going to say Miller is lights out against the run, but he's quite a bit better than what you seem to have seen. Just my opinion though.

Let's just pray Carolina takes Newton or Petersen and then we wont have to worry about anything.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
If CAR takes Dareus, then i would hope that DEN could trade down to around #10 with WASH for an extra couple picks, even 2012 picks.
At #10 take DE JJ WATT
#10 DE JJ Watt
#36 DT Marvin Austin
#41 (from WASH) MLB Martez Wilson
#46 DT Stephen Paea
#67 TE Luke Stocker

This is my hope if DEN cant get Dareus.

TXBRONC
04-27-2011, 09:51 AM
This is going to be a fun place once that pick has been made.

Were going to take who were going to take. Good solid arguments can be made for any of the players that we've talked about. At present it looks like Denver has three players that they are most interested in Dareus, Miller, and Peterson. Bare bones minimum two of them will be available and quite possibly all three could be there when we chose. That is assuming Denver stays put. Whomever Denver takes my hope is that said player will be part of a foundation for championship caliber team.

Some are trying that Peterson is the BPA. Others have said Miller is the BPA. I heard Mike Mayock just the other night say Dareus is the BPA. If Carolina takes Newton then Denver then who does Denver chose? Personally I lean towards the guy who evaluates players for a living.

turftoad
04-27-2011, 09:51 AM
If CAR takes Dareus, then i would hope that DEN could trade down to around #10 with WASH for an extra couple picks, even 2011 picks.
At #10 take DE JJ WATT
#10 DE JJ Watt
#36 DT Marvin Austin
#46 DT Stephen Paea
#67 TE Luke Stocker

Looks good however, Paea wont last til #46.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Looks good however, Paea wont last til #46.
OK........

#10 DE JJ Watt
#36 DT Marvin Austin
#41 (from WASH) DT Stephen Paea
#46 Martez Wilson MLB
#67 TE Luke Stocker

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
If CAR takes Dareus, then i would hope that DEN could trade down to around #10 with WASH for an extra couple picks, even 2012 picks.
At #10 take DE JJ WATT#10 DE JJ Watt
#36 DT Marvin Austin
#46 DT Stephen Paea
#67 TE Luke Stocker

I thought we were avoiding players that were "designed" to play in a 3-4 defense?

turftoad
04-27-2011, 10:06 AM
OK........

#10 DE JJ Watt
#36 DT Marvin Austin
#41 (from WASH) DT Stephen Paea
#46 Martez Wilson MLB
#67 TE Luke Stocker

The projections have him going late first or very early second. Just sayin.
DT is a needed position, not for just the Broncos.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought we were avoiding players that were "designed" to play in a 3-4 defense?

Dude your so freakin insane if you actually think Watt is somehow designed for the 3-4 in his play the way Miller is.
Seriously this is what i mean by hampster-wheeling. You obssesing over your boy, and you cant get past it. Ever freakin analyst, expert and pundit out there has stated the Watt is fit for a base 4-3, but because he is a complete player in physical tools (height, weight) and ability, he can play in 3-4 as a DE simply because he is big enough to also stop the run and rush the passer in that base defense.
Miller cannot, and everyone knows it. Thats why NO ONE has him going to DEN in any mock, and NO ONE is even remotely discussing him. If anything Quinn is the DE that many have going to DEN instead, but again that makes waay too much sense.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Dude your so freakin insane if you actually think Watt is somehow designed for the 3-4 in his play the way Miller is.
Seriously this is what i mean by hampster-wheeling. You obssesing over your boy, and you cant get past it. Ever freakin analyst, expert and pundit out there has stated the Watt is fit for a base 4-3, but because he is a complete player in physical tools (height, weight) and ability, he can play in 3-4 as a DE simply because he is big enough to also stop the run and rush the passer in that base defense.
Miller cannot, and everyone knows it. Thats why NO ONE has him going to DEN in any mock, and NO ONE is even remotely discussing him. If anything Quinn is the DE that many have going to DEN instead, but again that makes waay too much sense.

LOL...try some decaf, bro. Hamster wheeling could easily be defined as reading into something regardless of explanation and obsessively insinuating something is there that really isnt. Like maybe...I dont know...your conspiracy theory on how I want nothing more than to draft a player simply because he went to my school.

I'll admit, I made the comment about Watt, simply to get under your skin a bit. So, let's leave schools out of it entirely. Based on skills alone...Miller is a MUCH better choice at #2 than Watt is at #10. Watt is Adam Carriker 2.0. He has all the same skills and attributes...and when did Carriker finally find a little success? When he moved to the 3-4 in Washington.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 10:36 AM
LOL...try some decaf, bro. Hamster wheeling could easily be defined as reading into something regardless of explanation and obsessively insinuating something is there that really isnt. Like maybe...I dont know...your conspiracy theory on how I want nothing more than to draft a player simply because he went to my school.

I'll admit, I made the comment about Watt, simply to get under your skin a bit. So, let's leave schools out of it entirely. Based on skills alone...Miller is a MUCH better choice at #2 than Watt is at #10. Watt is Adam Carriker 2.0. He has all the same skills and attributes...and when did Carriker finally find a little success? When he moved to the 3-4 in Washington.

I disagree that Watt is Carricker 2.0. Hes a much more versatile, and high motor player. Has waay more ability.
If DEN takes Miller at #2 i will simply await the Doom trade by the end of the
1st round.

DEN trades OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil to NE for picks #33 and #74
#2 DE/OLB Von Miller
#33 DE/DT Muhammad Wilkerson
#36 DT Marvin Austin
#46 MLB Martez Wilson
#67 RB Ryan Williams
#74 TE Luke Stocker

There.

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
No matter how good or talented he projects to be, a CB is always a reach at #2.

If you think about it, so is a LB. Right now, we can't just "not reach", we have to take value. If Kyle Rudolf was rated as the best TE ever, he still wouldn't be worth #2 overall because of the position he plays.

Exactly. Sometimes the 13th best at one position is still a better pick than the 1st of another.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Exactly. Sometimes the 13th best at one position is still a better pick than the 1st of another.

No offense, but in what country? I'll agree that maybe the 3rd or 4th best at one position is a better option than the best at another, but 13th is pushing it a bit.

If my choices are Jerrell Powe at DT or AJ Green at WR...I'm all over Green

dogfish
04-27-2011, 11:19 AM

you're freakin' out, maaan. . .

chaz only obsseses over dirty skanks. . .

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2011, 02:11 PM

Miller to Broncos

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20110415_2011_mock_draft_50

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/674865-denver-broncos-draft-2011-what-about-pairing-up-von-miller-with-marvin-austin

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Miller to Broncos

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20110415_2011_mock_draft_50

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/674865-denver-broncos-draft-2011-what-about-pairing-up-von-miller-with-marvin-austin

bleacherreport? really? REALLY!???
So stupid its mindnumbing.

Northman
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Depends.

For me, its really quite simple. There are 5 players worthy of the top 5 for me. Dareus, Fairley, Aj Green, Von Miller, and Peterson.

However, for the Denver Broncos only TWO of those guys are of desperate need in terms of PLAYMAKING. And that is Dareus and Fairley. There are plenty of LB's and DB's Denver can take a chance on later in the draft that will fill those voids that we have.

I stated it once and ill state it again. BPA only works for teams that actually have that luxury. The Denver Broncos dont and they need to get a bonafide playmaker at DT and sorry, thats not guys like Austin and so on who are rated lower. Thats just complete nonsense and we've wasted so much time in the past doing that with this organization.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Depends.

For me, its really quite simple. There are 5 players worthy of the top 5 for me. Dareus, Fairley, Aj Green, Von Miller, and Peterson.

However, for the Denver Broncos only TWO of those guys are of desperate need in terms of PLAYMAKING. And that is Dareus and Fairley. There are plenty of LB's and DB's Denver can take a chance on later in the draft that will fill those voids that we have.

I stated it once and ill state it again. BPA only works for teams that actually have that luxury. The Denver Broncos dont and they need to get a bonafide playmaker at DT and sorry, thats not guys like Austin and so on who are rated lower. Thats just complete nonsense and we've wasted so much time in the past doing that with this organization.

I'll disagree on two counts. A. There are NOT "plenty" of LB's worth a damn available in this draft and B. Austin is graded as a 2nd rounder because he accepted gifts from an agent and got suspended. If not for that, he is graded just as high as Dareus and Fairley. So if we have a chance of getting a versatile stud LB AND and top 5 talent DT...I'm all for it.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Brian Billick: "Every great defense is built from the inside out, making Dareus the obvious choice. I see three blue-chippers in this draft: Dareus, Patrick Peterson and Von Miller."

Northman
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I'll disagree on two counts. A. There are NOT "plenty" of LB's worth a damn available in this draft and B. Austin is graded as a 2nd rounder because he accepted gifts from an agent and got suspended. If not for that, he is graded just as high as Dareus and Fairley. So if we have a chance of getting a versatile stud LB AND and top 5 talent DT...I'm all for it.

Yea, take Fairley or Dareus and draft Wilson. Problem solved. ;)

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Yea, take Fairley or Dareus and draft Wilson. Problem solved. ;)

I said a stud LB. Not a future Special teams player.

Dont get me wrong...if Dareus is available, I'm good with that pick, but I think taking advantage of the opportunity to distinctively fill 2 holes with top 10 talent is something that cannot be scoffed at. An "A+" LB and an "A" DT usually presents a better grade than an "A+" DT and "C" LB

Northman
04-27-2011, 03:19 PM

Dont get me wrong...if Dareus is available, I'm good with that pick, but I think taking advantage of the opportunity to distinctively fill 2 holes with top 10 talent is something that cannot be scoffed at. An "A+" LB and an "A" DT usually presents a better grade than an "A+" DT and "C" LB

Obviously all a matter of opinion.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-27-2011, 03:20 PM

I think many would argue that Austin is not an A DT and further that while Miller may be an A+ in a 34 he's not that high in a 43... just my 2 cents

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I think many would argue that Austin is not an A DT and further that while Miller may be an A+ in a 34 he's not that high in a 43... just my 2 cents

One of the advantages of being a homer and actually paying attention to defense. Call it a 3-4 or a 4-3, but eother way, it is only named those things because that is the BASE package. If you see Denver line up in a straight 4-3 more than 40% of the defensive plays this year...please let me know. But either way...Miller had had success playing in hybrid 4-3 and hybrid 3-4 defenses. Why would that ability immediately stop in the NFL? He's good against the run...good in coverage and a beast off the edge.

And the many can argue against Austin grading out as an A all they want. If they pay attention to abilities, performance and if nothing else...numbers...they'll see it differently. Austin is top 10 talent...period. He's dropped because of "character concerns" based solely on taking gifts from an agent. In fact, the main reason I like Dareus over Miller is simply because I dont think NFL personnel guys are stupid enough to let him last until the 2nd round.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Obviously all a matter of opinion.

Two A talents is better than an A and a C is opinion? Ok.

Northman
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Two A talents is better than an A and a C is opinion? Ok.

It depends on how you grade them. Just because you think Miller's shit dont stink doesnt mean i feel the same way. Fact is, nobody knows how these players will perform at the pro level. So yes, its opinion.

dogfish
04-27-2011, 03:38 PM

thank you. . . :beer:

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:38 PM
It depends on how you grade them. Just because you think Miller's shit dont stink doesnt mean i feel the same way. Fact is, nobody knows how these players will perform at the pro level. So yes, its opinion.

What the hell is with people and anger issues today about Miller? Guess what guys, the fact I know his alma mater has NOTHING to do with my grade on him. The fact that he is a stud LB that can play and play well in any defense is why I think highly of him. I'm sorry most of you probably never saw any footage of him other than YouTube highlight clips, but fact is...the guy is by far the best LB in the draft.

So what happens if Miller becomes a prennial Pro-Bowler and Fairley and Dareus are busts? Then the excuse will be he wouldnt have been that good in our system.

There are a handful of guys that...like it or not...are top 5 talent. There are also many that arent. Opinions are like ********...we know this. Doesnt mean we have to act like one when someone doesnt share the one we have.

I like Dareus...I like Miller. I like ANY draft that gets us the most talent possible. My opinion is that Miller and Austin would be much better than Dareus/Fairley and Wilson. That's all. nothing more...nothing less.

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
No offense, but in what country? I'll agree that maybe the 3rd or 4th best at one position is a better option than the best at another, but 13th is pushing it a bit.

If my choices are Jerrell Powe at DT or AJ Green at WR...I'm all over Green
So since when is exaggeration not allowed? :lol:
but in case its not.....I'd take #13dl over #1te this year.

CoachChaz
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
So since when is exaggeration not allowed? :lol:
but in case its not.....I'd take #13dl over #1te this year.

Fair enough. Specifics help dispel the exaggeration.

...and I agree with the example you gave.

Northman
04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
What the hell is with people and anger issues today about Miller? Guess what guys, the fact I know his alma mater has NOTHING to do with my grade on him. The fact that he is a stud LB that can play and play well in any defense is why I think highly of him. I'm sorry most of you probably never saw any footage of him other than YouTube highlight clips, but fact is...the guy is by far the best LB in the draft.

Your point? Ive seen virtually every game this year by Auburn and Fairley is heads above Dareus going by observations. But, mine are just the same as yours and everyone else.

So what happens if Miller becomes a prennial Pro-Bowler and Fairley and Dareus are busts? Then the excuse will be he wouldnt have been that good in our system.

What if Miller busts and Dareus and Fairley become all-pros? Works both ways.

There are a handful of guys that...like it or not...are top 5 talent. There are also many that arent. Opinions are like ********...we know this. Doesnt mean we have to act like one when someone doesnt share the one we have.

True. But to be honest you do come across very snide whether you intend to or not. Bottom line is you feel Miller is awesome, i feel Fairley is awesome and a much more important need than a LB. Past history with this club has proven we need to address the Dline because the way we have been going isnt working.

I like Dareus...I like Miller. I like ANY draft that gets us the most talent possible. My opinion is that Miller and Austin would be much better than Dareus/Fairley and Wilson. That's all. nothing more...nothing less.

And i disagree, just simple as that mate.

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Your point? Ive seen virtually every game this year by Auburn and Fairley is heads above Dareus going by observations. But, mine are just the same as yours and everyone else.

What if Miller busts and Dareus and Fairley become all-pros? Works both ways.

True. But to be honest you do come across very snide whether you intend to or not. Bottom line is you feel Miller is awesome, i feel Fairley is awesome and a much more important need than a LB. Past history with this club has proven we need to address the Dline because the way we have been going isnt working.

And i disagree, just simple as that mate.
Fairley is dropping out of top 10 in many mocks, including charley casserly who says he wouldn't touch him in the 1st round if he had another need.
Dareus has shown more, longer, than fairley.

Honestly, I keep hearing how liuget could be better than both of them in a couple yrs.

SR
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Then you'll have wished you would've taken my Russian Blue.

SR
04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
If we take Peterson, does Champ make the move to free safety? Or do you bench Goodman, play Peterson on the right side to get a year under his belt, then move Champ to SS in 2012?

As badly as I want Dareus because of our gaping hole on the D-line, I want more to have a first round pick pan out for us NOW. If that means drafting Miller or PEterson, then so be it.

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Champ still has several good years at corner. Though, we wont be taking a corner at #2 period.

Miller from the tape Ive seen of him is the best player in the draft aside from AJ Green. But taking a 43 olb #2 overall seems extremely unlikely.

SR
04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Champ still has several good years at corner. Though, we wont be taking a corner at #2 period.

"Several" is debatable. He's got a couple elite years left in him at most before he needs to make the switch to safety.

rcsodak
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
"Several" is debatable. He's got a couple elite years left in him at most before he needs to make the switch to safety.
Get a stud dline, he wont have to be elite to be effective.

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2011, 04:32 PM

Im with you on that.

So unless the Broncos project Peterson as an all pro safety, the Broncos have no need to draft him at all. Im blown away by his talents like everybody else, but hes at a postion with limited value and would not fill a need. Peterson will not be drafted by the Broncos. Im 110% sure.

SR
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Im with you on that.

So unless the Broncos project Peterson as an all pro safety, the Broncos have no need to draft him at all. Im blown away by his talents like everybody else, but hes at a postion with limited value and would not fill a need. Peterson will not be drafted by the Broncos. Im 110% sure.

I hope not. I'm just a little perplexed at why Denver would want to draft a 3-4 linebacker to play WLB in a 4-3 when we have DJ to do that and he's already proven to be more than adequate at WLB in a 4-3.

If Denver is going to trade out of the #2 spot, I would at least hope it would be back to a position that would still allow them to at least snag Fairely so we can fill a need at DT. I think Fairely's stock has dropped enough for him to slip to somewhere between 8-15.

I'm a little off-kilter with all of these talks though. I really like Dareus and don't think drafting him would be "reaching" at all, especially not when guys like Kiper, McShay, Mayock, etc, all have him in the top two players in the ENTIRE draft. I think we could draft Dareus with the #2 pick and still get a hell of a player with our 2a pick.

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Get a stud dline, he wont have to be elite to be effective.

Building from the inside out is how Fox builds his defense so I will very surpised if Fairly or Dareus is not the pick. Though, who knows? Fox plugs in giant run stuffers with limited pass rushing ability. You can find thoughs guys anywhere. Maybe DTs have limited positional value in Foxs scheme? Seems that way to me.

Northman
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Fairley is dropping out of top 10 in many mocks, including charley casserly who says he wouldn't touch him in the 1st round if he had another need.
Dareus has shown more, longer, than fairley.

Honestly, I keep hearing how liuget could be better than both of them in a couple yrs.

unfortuantely, still just opinions no matter how you slice it. They are wrong just as many times as they are right. Same with the rest of us.

Northman
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Then you'll have wished you would've taken my Russian Blue.

Yea man. :beer:

NorCalBronco7
04-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope not. I'm just a little perplexed at why Denver would want to draft a 3-4 linebacker to play WLB in a 4-3 when we have DJ to do that and he's already proven to be more than adequate at WLB in a 4-3.

If Denver is going to trade out of the #2 spot, I would at least hope it would be back to a position that would still allow them to at least snag Fairely so we can fill a need at DT. I think Fairely's stock has dropped enough for him to slip to somewhere between 8-15.

I'm a little off-kilter with all of these talks though. I really like Dareus and don't think drafting him would be "reaching" at all, especially not when guys like Kiper, McShay, Mayock, etc, all have him in the top two players in the ENTIRE draft. I think we could draft Dareus with the #2 pick and still get a hell of a player with our 2a pick.

Well Miller did play in a 43 defense for one year. So he does have experience there. Im compeletly with everyone else in that Miller is best suited for the 34, but Im sure he will be exceptional at either olb postion because he is a flat out great football player. Positional value is just not there at #2 for a 43 olb, so unless Fox plans on running some 34 (I really doubt) then I dont think he is the Broncos guy.

Fairly would be great to have and would be the best pick the Broncos could make. Elite 3 tech....YES PLEASE! IF the Broncos could trade down and nab him, Id ride into the Fox era will tremendous confidence.

As for Dareus, I love the Kid but Im not sold he will be elite. Can he get constant pressure in the NFL like Fairly most surely will? Maybe, maybe not. Thats what gives me pause on Dareus as a prospect. If the Broncos drafted him and he only gets pressure every other sunday then that pick would have been a major dissappointment to me even if he was an elite run stuffer (sounds ridiculous considering our divsion but DTs earn the big money as interior pass rushers).

dogfish
04-27-2011, 05:29 PM
hey coach. . .

how well does miller disengage from blocks? if we play him at SAM in the base, can he handle the TE in the run game?

and we know he can be a devestating blitzer, but do you think he's strong enough to get sacks and pressure against good tackles when he doesn't win with his first step?

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2011, 04:00 AM
hey coach. . .

how well does miller disengage from blocks? if we play him at SAM in the base, can he handle the TE in the run game?

and we know he can be a devestating blitzer, but do you think he's strong enough to get sacks and pressure against good tackles when he doesn't win with his first step?

Miller looks to be expectional with his hands. And although he might not be the strongest olb, Miller has no problem shreding blocks and making plays in the run game.

Im not worried about Miller dealing with the tight end on the line, but in coving the tight end. That is a question mark for everyone.

Yes Im confident Miller is strong enough to get sacks in the NFL. Many, many of his sacks were not from speed rushes off the edge. Millers counter moves blow me away.

Clipworthy
04-28-2011, 04:14 AM
hey coach. . .

that is exactly my problem with Miller...hes crazy talented, but doesn't fit the new scheme...high risk of unsuccessful conversion--which the team has said they do not want. he is a pass rushing OLB, Broncos would be essentially wasting his best attributes in a 4-3

:salute:

NorCalBronco7
04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
that is exactly my problem with Miller...hes crazy talented, but doesn't fit the new scheme...high risk of unsuccessful conversion--which the team has said they do not want. he is a pass rushing OLB, Broncos would be essentially wasting his best attributes in a 4-3

Miller did play in the 43 for a year. He fits in both schemes.

SR
04-28-2011, 04:09 PM

That's my problem with the Broncos and their drafting over the past few years. Shanny drafted these players he thought would fit in positions, then McDaniels tried to get them to convert. It worked with Elvis and that's it. I want to draft a player and let said player play the position they play.

We've busted on a lot of picks like Tim Crowder, Jarvis Moss, etc. I want to pick a player that works. Low risk, high reward.

SOCALORADO.
04-28-2011, 04:25 PM
That's my problem with the Broncos and their drafting over the past few years. Shanny drafted these players he thought would fit in positions, then McDaniels tried to get them to convert. It worked with Elvis and that's it. I want to draft a player and let said player play the position they play.

We've busted on a lot of picks like Tim Crowder, Jarvis Moss, etc. I want to pick a player that works. Low risk, high reward.

Dareus.

Superchop 7
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Guys.....the safety pick is McDaniel at 67.

The guy is an animal.

rcsodak
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Guys.....the safety pick is McDaniel at 67.

The guy is an animal.
Carter.

....nuff said.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Carter.

....nuff said.

I used to like McDaniel and love Carter but I think there are better picks at 67...

As a FA starter grab Weddle, as a project grab Gomes late...

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM

We've busted on a lot of picks like Tim Crowder, Jarvis Moss, etc. I want to pick a player that works. Low risk, high reward.Two things when you change schemes players either have to adapt or move on.

Eddie, Marshall had good years as did clady,kuper. Almost no one from the D was worth keeping.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
I used to like McDaniel and love Carter but I think there are better picks at 67...

As a FA starter grab Weddle, as a project grab Gomes late...

I agree. give Weddle a big pay day. Hes solid in all phases of the game and can even play slot CB. He went to Utah as well. Just sayin.

Lonestar
04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree. give Weddle a big pay day. Hes solid in all phases of the game and can even play slot CB. He went to Utah as well. Just sayin.

Iirc this is the contract after his rookie one. If that is the case make aure we get him. If he is older and this would be the third one not so much.

8 years in the league of hitting like he does takes a toll.

DenBronx
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Weddle was drafted in 2007. He's still young.

Would be a very good pickup for us.

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Iirc this is the contract after his rookie one. If that is the case make aure we get him. If he is older and this would be the third one not so much.

8 years in the league of hitting like he does takes a toll.

Oh no! Hes young! 2007 he was drafted.
Offer him an Antrel Rolle type deal.
Just pay the man and get it done.