PDA

View Full Version : Denver works out Chad Jackson, Vernand Morency

Italianmobstr7
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_10721323?source=rss

Tryouts.
The Broncos worked out several running backs and receivers Tuesday with the idea of possibly signing one in the future. Two of the more familiar names were running back Vernand Morency and receiver Chad Jackson. Morency was Houston's third-round pick in 2005, and Jackson was New England's second- round pick in 2006.

lex
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Morency could have 2000 yards in our system.

BroncoWave
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Remember when people wanted us to draft Chad Jackson in the first round the year we got Cutler? :lol:

Buff
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Remember when people wanted us to draft Chad Jackson in the first round the year we got Cutler? :lol:

I'm ashamed to say that I was one of the ppl advocating a Jackson or Santonio Holmes pick...

Northman
10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Holmes is actually decent.

BroncoWave
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Yeah but the guy we got in the first round instead is holding his own as well! :D

Buff
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Yeah, Holmes isn't bad... But obviously I'd rather have Cutler hands down. And it would have been a bit of a reach to take Holmes with our pick that year (I think we were in the high teens, like 18 or 19, but I'm not sure). He's not a clear cut #1 WR.

ikillz0mbies
10-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm all for bringing in more weapons for Cutler to use, especially Jackson. Morency has shown flashes though when hes played, so I wouldn't mind him either.

BroncoAV06
10-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I think it is just more to have him on the radar and see what kind of shape he is in in case Stokes head injury is a problem, like his 10th of his career. Have to have depth.

JKcatch724
10-15-2008, 10:16 PM
wasn't jackson returning kicks for the patsies?

worth a look...

Magnificent Seven
10-15-2008, 10:18 PM

Yes. I was upset that they chose Cutler over Chad Jackson. However, I changed my mind and I am truly happy with Cutler. Mike Shannhan is brilliant.

DenBronx
10-15-2008, 10:32 PM
i was one of the ones hoping we were going to take jackson or holmes as well. fortunately mikey was calling the shots that day and traded up for cutler. that would have sucked!

but jackson really never got a whole lot of playing time with the pats and was over shadowed by moss, stallworth, welker. id rather see jackson returning kicks than run straight up the field hall.

lex
10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Werent we drafting in the 20s when people were talking about the likes of Jackson and Maroney? Its kind of silly to say people wanted Jackson over Cutler when Cutler wasnt even on anyones radar based on where we were slotted to pick at the time.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 11:34 PM
i was one of the ones hoping we were going to take jackson or holmes as well. fortunately mikey was calling the shots that day and traded up for cutler. that would have sucked!

but jackson really never got a whole lot of playing time with the pats and was over shadowed by moss, stallworth, welker. id rather see jackson returning kicks than run straight up the field hall.

Jackson had two years before the arrival of Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Nevertheless he was also hurt quite a bit during that time as well.

broncophan
10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
That's all great.....but shouldn't we be looking to workout some defensive players???:confused:

Italianmobstr7
10-16-2008, 12:08 AM
That's all great.....but shouldn't we be looking to workout some defensive players???:confused:

I don't think there's really anyone out there worth bringing in right now anyways. Besides, haven't you heard? Our goal is to score 50 points a game, and allow only 49....

Den21vsBal19
10-16-2008, 12:11 AM
It'd be a thought ;)

Lonestar
10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
without reading more than a couple of posts here .. WE need more WR's and RB's?

Thought the DL was the issue or MLB or for that matter Safeties.. and the ultimate question why are we not working out a DC? Or maybe even a DL coach..

Whoops sorry about that folks should have read all the way through and not the first 4 posts.. But I always post as I go through the thread....