PDA

View Full Version : If the season ended today (After Week 6)

RunYouOver
10-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Tough loss last week that could have Wild Card implications later on...hopefully not, but we'll see.

We're still at 4-2 and leading the AFC West, but we now have the worst record among division leaders in the AFC.

Here's how it looks:

AFC

1. Tennessee Titans 5-0

2. Pittsburgh Steelers 4-1

3. Buffalo Bills 4-1

4. Denver Broncos 4-1

5. Indianapolis Colts 3-2

6. New England Patriots 3-2

--The Titans have the best record and are the #1 seed

-- The Steelers have a better divisional record than the Bills (they both have a 1.000 % for Conf. record), so they are the second seed, the Bills are the third

--The Broncos have the worst record among division leaders and are the fourth seed

--The Colts have a better conference record than the Patriots , and so they are the fifth seed while the Patriots are the sixth

Wild Card Round match ups if the season ended today

The Titans and Steelers have a bye week.

New England @ Buffalo --Predicted Score: Buffalo 24 New England 10

Indianapolis @ Denver -- Predicted Score: Denver 31 Indianapolis 28

Divisional Round match ups based on predictions

Denver @ Tennessee --Predicted Score: Denver 17 Tennessee 14

Buffalo @ Pittsburgh --Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 28 Buffalo 17

Championship Round match up based on predictions

Denver @ Pittsburgh --Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 38 Denver 27

(Yes, sorry, I still have us losing to the Steelers in the AFC Championship, but I think we'd outplay Indy at home, and I think we'd play similar to how we did against the Buccs against the Titans).

NFC

1. New York Giants 4-1

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-2

3. Arizona Cardinals 4-2

4. Green Bay Packers 3-3

5. Washington Redskins 4-2

6. Carolina Panthers 4-2

--The Giants have the best record in the NFC and are the #1 seed.

--Tampa has a better conference record than Arizona and so they are the #2 seed while Arizona is # 3.

-- The Packers are the NFC North leaders and therefore are the #4 seed

--The Redskins, Panthers, Cowboys, and Falcons are all 4-2. In the event of a tie amongst more than one team from a division and a team(s) from another division, only the higher seeded team from the division advances.
In this case, the Redskins eliminate the Cowboys from a head to head win, and the Panthers eliminate the Falcons from a head to head win. The Redskins have a better conference record than the Panthers, so they are the #5 seed and Carolina is the #6 seed.

Wild Card round match ups if the season ended today

The Giants and Buccaneers have a bye week.

Carolina @ Arizona --Predicted Score: Carolina 23 Arizona 14

Washington @ Green Bay --Predicted Score: Washington 17 Green Bay 7

Divisional Round match ups based on my predictions

Carolina @ NY Giants --Predicted Score: Giants 24 Carolina 17

Washington @ Tampa --Predicted Score: Washington 14 Tampa 10

Championship Round match ups based on my predictions

Washington @ NY Giants --Predicted Score: Giants 21 Washington 17

Super Bowl Match up based on my predictions

Pittsburgh vs. NY Giants --Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 24 Giants 14

--The predictions are just for fun to see how they change from week to week. The main point of this thread is for everything until the Divisional round match ups. The wild card match ups from both conferences would be the actual wild card match ups if the season ended today.

If the season had ended after Week 5 (http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23506)

dogfish
10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
good work. . . but pittsburgh sucks. . . . :D

Nomad
10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Good stuff RYO! We finally beat Indy in the playoffs:elefant:! Oh wait this is just a mock playoff!

BroncoWave
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
The thought of playing Indy in the playoffs again makes me sick. I know that this is a different year but seeing Manning in the playoffs scares me shitless.