PDA

View Full Version : Paige/Tebow another great interview

Bullgator
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
TT actually gives some answeres that we can use. the tweaking of the playbook is a nice lil hint for me. he also talks about if hes truely ready to be an nfl starting qb. great stuff

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_17917241

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 01:16 PM
nice interview. I don't know if he's that fully adjusted to the NFL just yet though.

underrated29
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
It is really hard not to like this guy. Im just glad he is on our team- aside from his football skills. Just the leadership and positivity- with all the turmoil and crap the last 5 years. I think he alone can really help out.

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
nice interview. I don't know if he's that fully adjusted to the NFL just yet though.

One thing I was glad to read was that he at least understands he can't play recklessly and take to many hits.

I also found out that while I can use my athletic ability to scramble, I can't take too many hits. We were doing whatever we could to win because they were two crazy games, but it's not good to play too recklessly.

SOCALORADO.
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Q: John Elway has said you are raw as a quarterback and must become a better pocket passer. What's your response?

A: I haven't taken a snap in the offseason from the shotgun. It's all been under center, 5 and 7 (yard) drops and passes from the pocket. I've done that thousands of times, working out six-seven hours a day, seven days a week. There's a big, positive difference.

That response is what i was looking for. I could not be happier with that response.

T.K.O.
04-25-2011, 02:51 PM
he's definately got "the fire" now we need a defense to "bring the wood" and we'll have ourselves a "barnburner" of a team ! :salute::elefant::laugh:

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 03:29 PM
This was my favorite part of the interview:

Q: How much is the lockout hurting your progress, especially because Kyle Orton has been named the starter? What do you think about that decision?

A: I look at everything as a positive. A lot of players look at this lockout as a way to relax and enjoy their families, and that's great, but I look at it as an opportunity to get better. When other guys are resting, I think I'm getting an edge on everybody else.

I think he knows this is a great opportunity to pass Orton on the depth chart.

I also liked this part:

Q: Are you ready to be the full-time starter?

A: I truly believe so. I'm looking forward to the competition to prove I can do that.

Tebow knows nothing is going to be handed to him, and he seems hell-bent on earning it the right way.

Fan in Exile
04-25-2011, 03:36 PM
" It's going to be a similar offense, with a few tweaks here and there to utilize what I can do. I've got a good grasp on what we're doing. Before the lockout, I spent a lot of time with the coaches going through the playbook, and understanding what they want from me."

I think this should quiet the talk about a receiving TE. If it's really a similar playbook than a TE is not going to be high on the wishlist.

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
he's definately got "the fire" now we need a defense to "bring the wood" and we'll have ourselves a "barnburner" of a team ! :salute::elefant::laugh:

Are you one of those kind of people that likes to play with fire? :shocked:

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
" It's going to be a similar offense, with a few tweaks here and there to utilize what I can do. I've got a good grasp on what we're doing. Before the lockout, I spent a lot of time with the coaches going through the playbook, and understanding what they want from me."

I think this should quiet the talk about a receiving TE. If it's really a similar playbook than a TE is not going to be high on the wishlist.

Ah but one of the tweaks might be to incorporated the tight end into the passing game.

Fan in Exile
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Ah but one of the tweaks might be to incorporated the tight end into the passing game.

It might be, but I wouldn't really see that as a tweak.

T.K.O.
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Are you one of those kind of people that like to play with fire? :shocked:

you could say that....i backed McD and Orton :laugh: (i still think if we cant get a 2nd for Orton we should keep him around for emergency purposes,i am scared we have a "simms" at backup if we just keep quinn:mad:)

Ravage!!!
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM

I hope not. We need a receiving TE that can be a comfortable and dependable outlet for the QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
I hope not. We need a receiving TE that can be a comfortable and dependable outlet for the QB.

I agree, but I'm just not sure we'll see much of it during the Fox era.

I also think Quinn has potential as a receiver. I'm eager to see if he gets more snaps now that the McD doghouse has left town.

dogfish
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM

they never did anything with the TEs in carolina. . .

in an ideal world, yes. . . in this one, we have far higher priorities IMO. . . like a defense, and some running backs that can actually run the ball-- that's gonna be kinda crucial to foxy's ground-and-pound attack. . .

i'd love to have a great TE. . . i'd love to have all pro's at twenty-four positions. . . but the resources aren't available. . . as far as i'm concerned, we spent high picks on two big-bodied receiving targets last year-- one of them needs to step up and fill the void, unless we can hit on a later round gem. . . at least for the moment. . . i'm going to be pissed if we spend a second or third on a TE if we haven't already landed at least two quality DTs. . .

and just to clarify, no, i don't mean in any way, shape or form that i want demaryious or decker to switch to TE-- i just think one of them can help fill that same possession role along with gronkowski. . . we need to make do for a year or two-- fill some of the more obvious and immediate holes before worrying about getting even more weapons in the passing game. . .

Lonestar
04-26-2011, 02:39 PM
IMHO we have ro forget the sharpe was an animal as a TE not all teams depend on the TE like Elway did.

Therefore just because we had one does not mean we have to have a stud at TE to make catches. We have RBs and WRs to get the receptions and in Tebows case legs to make things happen.

Receiving TE nice to have but let's solve the issues we have first.

SOCALORADO.
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
IMHO we have ro forget the sharpe was an animal as a TE not all teams depend on the TE like Elway did.

Therefore just because we had one does not mean we have to have a stud at TE to make catches. We have RBs and WRs to get the receptions and in Tebows case legs to make things happen.

Receiving TE nice to have but let's solve the issues we have first.

Luke Stocker
TE, Tennessee (Sr.)
6-foot-5, 255 pounds
Projection: Round 2 or 3

Good size... Heady... Good short area quickness... Good body control and balance... Runs reasonably good routes... Good receiver... High points the pass... Smart and savvy... Good awareness... Security blanket... Red zone target... Finds holes in zone coverage... Adjusts to the ball well... Soft hands... Not afraid to go over the middle of the field... Good run after catch ability... Physical... Runs hard... Tough to bring down... Will break some tackles... Solid in-line blocker... Can pull and seal inside on the edge... Reacts quickly to stunts and blitzes... Very solid down field blocker... Does a solid job getting in the way of defenders at the second level and in space and sealing them from the ball... Leader... Played through multiple injuries in college... Blue collar... Does the dirty work... Could also be considered as an H-Back... From the same school and quite similar to Jason Witten.

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20101231/all/l4928196.jpg

Ravage!!!
04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Lets see... it was Elway that depended on the TE. Oook.

Lets look at the top QBs in the NFL and see if it was just an "Elway" thing that threw teh ball to the TE a lot.

NE. They just used top round pick on a TE and used a LOT of TE sets moving two young TEs into their passing game. They were the best offensive team in the NFL.

Indianapolis. Hmmm.. has Manning ever used a TE before?

N.O. Does Brees use the TE much??? Yes.. why yes he does!

San Diego. Lets see, does San Diego have a TE that catches the ball???

Atlanta. Although older and not as dominant, I would say that Atlanta has a TE that catches the ball and helps out Ryan.

Even GB has a stud receiving TE in Finley and took him in the 3rd round.

I'm not saying take a TE in the first round. But if you guys think our entire draft is going to be used on defensive players, you are going to be sorely disappointed. Of course the defense is a TOP priority, however, Tebow is not going to be a passer that will not need a GOOD TE to help him out. The TE is the QBs best friend.