PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a BF Sim League?

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Basically, over at TLN (TheLakersNation.com), we have a Sim League that works really well. Each team gets a GM (and an optional assistant GM). That GM then makes trades/ drafts/ signs Free Agents to make their team better. Then, the GM adjusts the Depth Chart and style of play and then the League Keeper sims a week and the results come out.

It's a very fun system that attracts alot of extra attention to the message board.

Maybe we should consider have one here?

NightTrainLayne
10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Would this be for NBA or for the NFL?

ApaOps5
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Is there a website that runs the simulation? Just curious as I think this would be fun if done right.

Northman
10-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Hopefully for the NFL, i dont care about the NBA all that much.

NightTrainLayne
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Is there a website that runs the simulation? Just curious as I think this would be fun if done right.

I was in a baseball league for several years that did a simulation.

It would take all the numbers for the week and run the simulations Sunday night for a week's worth of games based on the player's production. Great pitching would reduce hitter's numbers, and vice-versa. There was also a factor for your team's fielding. If you had a great 2nd baseman for example you would tend to turn more double-plays when the opportunity arose.

It was really fun. You could look through the whole week's worth of games and see every at-bat and follow each game, but it was time-consuming. You had to really make adjustments each week to tweak it just right.

I'd be interested in this.

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Would this be for NBA or for the NFL?

NFL of course.

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 01:25 PM

This is our Basketball sim site:
http://tlnsimleague.we.bs/

Should be able to find a host for a Football one.

ApaOps5
10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I would be so into this! That looks awesome.

MOtorboat
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd do it.

I'm in a sim league where I had to pretty much assemble the team from scrap...I took over the team and I'm trying to build it up. My first year sucked, but I had little to no talent on the offensive line....this year sucked, but...

Anyway...yes, very interested.

dogfish
10-15-2008, 08:37 PM
i want the broncos. . . . :D

frauschieze
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Is something like this more involved than fantasy football?

Retired_Member_001
10-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Is something like this more involved than fantasy football?

Yes, a sim league is more time consuming than Fantasy Football.

We'd need someone like Tned to see if we can do this thing though.

frauschieze
10-16-2008, 07:51 AM

Well, if Tned okays it, I'd like in. My knock on ff is I get bored with it shortly after the draft. This sounds fun.

ApaOps5
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Count me in and if I need to donate time to help set it up and run it I am all in. Just let me know.

Retired_Member_001
10-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Well, if Tned okays it, I'd like in. My knock on ff is I get bored with it shortly after the draft. This sounds fun.

Don't worry, it gets more fun as time goes on.

Personal rivalries kick in.

Tned
10-21-2008, 11:47 PM

What do you need from me?

dogfish
10-21-2008, 11:49 PM

a case of good beer and a guaranteed broncos playoff spot!

:beer:

and a new defensive coordinator and some safeties that can tackle if you're really in a giving mood. . . .

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 04:24 PM

I'm going to ask the guys over at the Lakers board how to set it up.

You'll be in charge of finding someone to run the whole thing. :lol:

frauschieze
10-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm going to ask the guys over at the Lakers board how to set it up.

You'll be in charge of finding someone to run the whole thing. :lol:

If you figure out what needs to happen, and it's something I can do, I'll volunteer. I have way too much time on my hands as it is.

Retired_Member_001
10-22-2008, 04:30 PM
If you figure out what needs to happen, and it's something I can do, I'll volunteer. I have way too much time on my hands as it is.

I'll figure it out.

But it will be a very time consuming job to run the whole thing. I don't have the time, so somebody else will need to do it (we will probably need a few people acting as administrators).

MOtorboat
10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll figure it out.

But it will be a very time consuming job to run the whole thing. I don't have the time, so somebody else will need to do it (we will probably need a few people acting as administrators).

It takes a ton of time, Wook...I don't know if you'll find someone with that kind of time. Someone also has to own the game simulator as well, and that someone has to have the time to enter all the gameplans and formation changes and depth charts...lots and lots of time...

I wish I had that much time...

ApaOps5
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I can donate some time but not all the time.