PDA

View Full Version : Tebow working under center all offseason

Davii
04-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Tim Tebow hasn't forgotten last year's intense debate over his ability to adapt to the NFL, so he's using this offseason to stay relevant in the Denver Broncos' quarterback derby -- and perhaps emerge as the starter.

Full story and video here. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f6841d/article/tebow-on-quest-to-improve-game-gain-edge-this-offseason?module=HP_headlines)

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
From article:

"Well, I believe this offseason has been great," Tebow said. "Just working extremely hard, on the grind pretty much all offseason. I haven't taken a break. I've been working a lot on my drops from under center, I haven't done any shotgun stuff all offseason. Everything's just been under center -- straight drops, play-action fakes, straight drops, fives, sevens -- just working on all the throws.

"Accuracy and precision with my passes has been the No. 1 thing that I've worked on all offseason, and I believe that I've improved that a lot."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f6841d/article/tebow-on-quest-to-improve-game-gain-edge-this-offseason?module=HP_headlines

Az Snake
04-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Meaningful kudos coming from Willie; a man with a motor and a half.

Also excellent argument for no need for a QB pick in vid below.

Thanks for the link Davii. :beer:

Ziggy
04-23-2011, 06:30 PM
If for some reason, Tebow doesn't become a good-great NFL quarterback, it won't be because he didn't work hard enough. It's awfully hard not to root for the kid.

honz
04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm surprised Tebow works as hard as he does. One of my concerns about drafting him is that he would never reach his full potential because of his poor work ethic.

gobroncsnv
04-23-2011, 11:29 PM
yeah, without question, the next guy out of the SEC to emulate Jamarcus... (yeah, right)

Sinthor
04-24-2011, 01:34 AM
I think this is good. After all, ALL the really good successful QB's work hard to keep improving. What I'd really like to see though, is him getting other BRONCO teammates together like some other leaders throughout the league are doing. Maybe it's because he hasn't been declared the leader and so "shouldn't" do that, but I'd think regardless, it would be something he could and should do. Get more time with the team AND establish himself in more of a leadership position within the team. I think you gotta root for this guy. At least I find it damn near impossible not to. I hope he turns out to be the guy for this team moving forward. If not, I don't think it will be for any lack of effort.

Kapaibro
04-24-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm surprised Tebow works as hard as he does. One of my concerns about drafting him is that he would never reach his full potential because of his poor work ethic.

Ummm.....this is about Tim Tebow, not JaMarcus Russell! :laugh::lol:

claymore
04-24-2011, 05:19 AM
I really hope Im wrong about Tebow. But then again I would have to deal with all of his nut swingers. So its a toss up.

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 08:42 AM
One thing is for certain, Tebow won't be outworked this Spring/Summer by Kyle Orton, who probably has the offseason work ethic of a life-time welfare recipient.

(Although it still may not be enough to win him the starting gig, but we won't be able to fault him for not putting in the time and effort. I think we are getting 100% all the time from this guy.)

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 09:12 AM
One thing is for certain, Tebow won't be outworked this Spring/Summer by Kyle Orton, who probably has the offseason work ethic of a life-time welfare recipient.

(Although it still may not be enough to win him the starting gig, but we won't be able to fault him for not putting in the time and effort. I think we are getting 100% all the time from this guy.)

Van just out of curiosity how do you know that Orton has questionable work habits? I know that at least at one time in his life he partied pretty hard but that in and of itself mean that he doesn't train hard. I guess what I'm asking is this just your own feelings about Orton or do have something more concrete?

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Van just out of curiosity how do you know that Orton has questionable work habits? I know that at least at one time in his life he partied pretty hard but that in and of itself mean that he doesn't train hard. I guess what I'm asking is this just your own feelings about Orton or do have something more concrete?

I was wondering that too. I dont' see many clips on orton, does he have poor work ethic? it seems like many think he's got kinda a shitty attitude lately

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Probably just more of a personal feeling and preconcieved notion than anything else. I know he always shows up to voluntary workouts, but it doesn't seem like he works out too much on his own. He has the physique of my older brother and doesn't seem like he takes care of his body too well which in my opinion is one of the reasons he hardly ever plays all 16 games.

But yeah, not going on any concrete evidence other than pics of him partying like its 1999.

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Probably just more of a personal feeling and preconcieved notion than anything else. I know he always shows up to voluntary workouts, but it doesn't seem like he works out too much on his own. He has the physique of my older brother and doesn't seem like he takes care of his body too well which in my opinion is one of the reasons he hardly ever plays all 16 games.

But yeah, not going on any concrete evidence other than pics of him partying like its 1999.

He doesn't strike me as an avid fitness freak either.

rcsodak
04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Having bones protruding the skin, ankles sprained has nothing to do with being fit.
Pretty sure he, along with any other vet player, knows what it takes to handle the grind of the season.

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Having bones protruding the skin, ankles sprained has nothing to do with being fit.
Pretty sure he, along with any other vet player, knows what it takes to handle the grind of the season.

no one said it did.

OldschoolFreak
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok, regardless of who ends up starting...

..Isn't it great to read a headline like this one rather than a headline about a player being stabbed by his wife, driving drunk, or getting beat up or shot because he sprayed Dom Perignon on a gang member who took offense?

I want Broncos in the headlines for their superlative work ethic, not their mishaps with the law.

rcsodak
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
no one said it did.

doesn't seem like he takes care of his body too well which in my opinion is one of the reasons he hardly ever plays all 16 games. think it was. ;)

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
yeah, I agree with you there OSF

rcsodak
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Ok, regardless of who ends up starting...

..Isn't it great to read a headline like this one rather than a headline about a player being stabbed by his wife, driving drunk, or getting beat up or shot because he sprayed Dom Perignon on a gang member who took offense?

I want Broncos in the headlines for their superlative work ethic, not their mishaps with the law.

Ugh....how boring.

:lol:

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
think it was. ;)

oh, my mistake., sorry

SOCALORADO.
04-25-2011, 11:03 AM

I really dont know where you damn people keep claiming that kyle Orton doesnt work hard or keep in shape.
Its all just lies. LIES I SAY!

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/58f90fadd607e954f51c0273c864666f.jpg

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
I really dont know where you damn people keep claiming that kyle Orton doesnt work hard or keep in shape.
Its all just lies. LIES I SAY!

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/58f90fadd607e954f51c0273c864666f.jpg

He seems kinda laid back.

LTC Pain
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Go TT! Work it baby!

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM

At the end '09 season remember reading a comment from Woody Paige where he said Orton has some odd workout habits or something to that effect.

I have to agree Orton sure doesn't look like a workout warrrior.

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
At the end '09 season remember reading a comment from Woody Paige where he said Orton has some odd workout habits or something to that effect.

no, he does not.

rcsodak
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree.
I'm sure he'll never be as successful or buff as BQuinn.

;)

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 03:22 PM

It would be pretty naiive to think that all vets do what is needed outside of organized offseason workouts on their own to stay in shape. Many guys need to be pushed to reach their potential and are not self-motivated. It is human nature to get complacent, and NFL players are not immune to this.

If you watch the video from the link posted by the OP, NFL vet Willie McGinnest states that maybe half of the vets do what is needed on their own. I'll take his word over yours.

rcsodak
04-25-2011, 03:26 PM
It would be pretty naiive to think that all vets do what is needed outside of organized offseason workouts on their own to stay in shape. Many guys need to be pushed to reach their potential and are not self-motivated. It is human nature to get complacent, and NFL players are not immune to this.

If you watch the video from the link posted by the OP, NFL vet Willie McGinnest states that maybe half of the vets do what is needed on their own. I'll take his word over yours.
Ouch. Guess you told me.

Of course, that has zero to do with your accusing Orton of not being in shape, from his injuries I listed.

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Ouch. Guess you told me.

Of course, that has zero to do with your accusing Orton of not being in shape, from his injuries I listed.

Other than the freak broken finger incident, it could be argued that the sprained ankles could have been avoided if he was in shape and didn't have to be a statue back there.

rcsodak
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Other than the freak broken finger incident, it could be argued that the sprained ankles could have been avoided if he was in shape and didn't have to be a statue back there.

I guess it could also be argued that you don't know HOW his ankles were injured.

Since your preconceived thoughts of him aren't based on much more than your bias toward him, though, I'll just leave you to them.

I do happen to KNOW that at least 1 wasnt from being a "statue", without even looking.

Hint: Orapko, iirc.

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Ouch. Guess you told me.

By the way, my comment about taking McGinest's word over yours wasn't meant to be a jab at you, so if it seemed that way i apologize. I just thought he was a pretty credible source given his time in the league.

That being said, I'm still going to stick to my guns that Orton's offseason work ethic probably leaves a little to be desired.

GEM
04-25-2011, 04:42 PM

Who was the lineman just a couple seasons ago who couldn't get on the practice field because he was running with Tuten to get in shape?

elsid13
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Who was the lineman just a couple seasons ago who couldn't get on the practice field because he was running with Tuten to get in shape?

That would have Marcus Thomas and Champ Bailey.

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
That would have Marcus Thomas and Champ Bailey.

Or even Albert Haynesworth just last year..and he's a top notch talent.

elsid13
04-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Or even Albert Haynesworth just last year..and he's a top notch talent.

There was difference between Haynesworth and Champ Baily/Thomas. Both attend the offseason workouts for Denver but failed to make time set for them by that idiot McDaniels. While Fat Albert refuse to go Ashburn and work out with the Redskins even though he would have gotten 10K workout bonus.

BroncoStud
04-25-2011, 05:26 PM

I question Orton's work habits because he breaks down ever season and he clearly isn't in top shape. For a few years in Chicago he was just fat.

vandammage13
04-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I question Orton's work habits because he breaks down ever season and he clearly isn't in top shape. For a few years in Chicago he was just fat.

Exactly...all the evidence I need is what I see with my own eyes. The dude has a beer gut most of the time.