PDA

View Full Version : wth?? is he going first?

Denver27og
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I thought the broncos would be all over patrick peterson, but reading through the forum it doesnt seem like it. We need to draft this guy.

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2011, 02:29 PM
No, we don't.

BroncoNut
04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
No, we don't.

:lol:

/thread

TXBRONC
04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Dareus and if he's gone Fairley.

Northman
04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I thought the broncos would be all over patrick peterson, but reading through the forum it doesnt seem like it. We need to draft this guy.

1) Clearly your wrong. Denver has a lot of needs defensively.

2) Obviously you havent paid attention to the defensive woes the past decade. CB is CLEARLY not the weakness here. :lol:

SpringsBroncoFan
04-22-2011, 02:51 PM

Where have you been? You missed it. That argument happened over a month ago? :D

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I 2nd nut's post.

underrated29
04-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I 2nd nut's post.

You might want to think about rewording that post. With this crowd anyway

dogfish
04-22-2011, 03:25 PM

no, they really don't. . .

:welcome:

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 03:26 PM
You might want to think about rewording that post. With this crowd anywayLmao.

Dzone
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I thought this was going to be a post about Cam Newton...Hopefully Carolina will be stupid enough to draft that guy First and we will have our pick on defense

BORDERLINE
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
CB is not a need if we had say, DRE BLY out there and no Champ then by all means draft Peterson but that's not the case. Dareus should get the call at #2

Mike
04-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Ok, I want a DT as much as the next guy, but someone sell me on Dareus or Fairley....production wise for more than 1 season.

Are they reaches or home-runs? Because at 2...you have to hit a home run.

Northman
04-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Ok, I want a DT as much as the next guy, but someone sell me on Dareus or Fairley....production wise for more than 1 season.

No player is a guarantee. However, as long as the FO do their homework they should score with a home run. I mean, i watch a lot of college football and i havent seen a DT in this draft better than Fairley. But it doesnt mean he will be a HOF. Its all a crapshoot any given year.

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I think when 96% of everybody out there that follows college/nfl all conclude that denver needs to address their Dline, and Dareus is 'the guy' should prolly carry a tad bit of weight.

underrated29
04-22-2011, 04:20 PM

This is my thoughts on PP...... I just do not see the hype AT ALL!!!

I have watched little of him but what I could find I am just not that impressed. Solid player and a stud, but #2 worthy I do not see it at all. Its why I like Prince better.

sneakers
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
We have had the best cornerback in the NFL for the last 6 or so years, and we have seen how well that does for our defense...you need a pass rush to go along with it....a good pass rush can make average cornerbacks look like superstars.

dogfish
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM

most of the best analysts have him as a top three-to-five pick-- if you aren't sold on mike mayock's opinion, what's one of us going to say?

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
This is my thoughts on PP...... I just do not see the hype AT ALL!!!

I have watched little of him but what I could find I am just not that impressed. Solid player and a stud, but #2 worthy I do not see it at all. Its why I like Prince better.

I also think Prince will be a better overall player in 3-4 seasons.

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, none of it matters anymore.

On sirius today, fairley was asked who Carolina would take at #1.

His answer? (Before he swallowed his tongue again)?

Marcel Dareus.

And he even sent so far as to mention all of MD's attributes.

Quite stunning.....since he went away from his Heisman winning teammate.

Denver27og
04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
well have doom back next year..

say all this now... but guess well see how he pans out in the nfl..

i would love to see bailey and peterson as our CBS..

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 06:40 PM
well have doom back next year..

say all this now... but guess well see how he pans out in the nfl..

i would love to see bailey and peterson as our CBS..
John lynch even said the dline needs all the help it can get. That once the team lost the better players along the dl, it hurt the defense AND the secondary.

Teams like pitt/balt, who already have dominating dl's are able to pick cb's early. Not teams that get pushed around at the LOS.

Dzone
04-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Dareus beat Suh on the sports science TV show. He slammed the dummy harder and threw a pipsqueek 12 feet thru the air

Denver27og
04-22-2011, 08:28 PM
what happened to marcus thomas??

is he a bust??

guess doing backflips doesnt help at all

dogfish
04-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Dareus beat Suh on the sports science TV show. He slammed the dummy harder and threw a pipsqueek 12 feet thru the air

how is hurling MO a good measure of a guy's football ability?

:huh:

rcsodak
04-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Lmao

Davii
04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
We don't need another corner. Champ just re-signed and is still playing at a high level despite his age. What we need is help for our secondary, also known as a better D line. Pressure on the QB and the secondary doesn't have to cover for 5 hours.

We have an elite corner, we have some pretty good corners. The area we need help in the secondary is with safety and there isn't a safety in this draft that merits a #2 pick.

The #2 pick needs to be spent on the D line, or traded down, and then still spent on D line.

dogfish
04-23-2011, 01:35 PM
davii, i think we're gonna need you to call in the code red on xanders if we don't draft dareus. . .

Davii
04-23-2011, 01:36 PM
davii, i think we're gonna need you to call in the code red on xanders if we don't draft dareus. . .

did you order the code red?!?!?!

*** Why won't it let me post in all caps? Weird.

Az Snake
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm hoping for Dareus.

I watched Fairley in several games last year.
A mean streak is fine, no problems with that.
Fairley was blatantly nasty, a yellow flag magnet.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I saw him do some stupid stuff.

Sure hope we keep that #2 pick.

Shananahan
04-23-2011, 08:06 PM
I'd prefer Dareus, but I don't know how you could be upset with a consolation prize of Peterson or Miller, and Miller is a distant, distant third for me. Bailey is only going to be playing CB for another few seasons before moving to safety, and he and Peterson would be immense in the secondary together. Add to that the overall depth of the DL in this draft and Peterson's talent, and I could very easily be very happy with Peterson. The defense isn't getting fixed overnight, and I think talent should trump need when you're picking this high.

Ziggy
04-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I'd prefer Dareus, but I don't know how you could be upset with a consolation prize of Peterson or Miller, and Miller is a distant, distant third for me.

I'd be plenty upset if the Broncos used a high pick on a corner this year. Building a defense from the back to the front doesn't work. They've proven that over the last decade.

dogfish
04-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I'd be plenty upset if the Broncos used a high pick on a corner this year. Building a defense from the back to the front doesn't work. They've proven that over the last decade.

yuuuup. . . i'll throw my television off the ****ing balcony if they draft peterson at number two-- but happily, i feel pretty confident that they won't. . .

TXBRONC
04-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I'd prefer Dareus, but I don't know how you could be upset with a consolation prize of Peterson or Miller, and Miller is a distant, distant third for me. Bailey is only going to be playing CB for another few seasons before moving to safety, and he and Peterson would be immense in the secondary together. Add to that the overall depth of the DL in this draft and Peterson's talent, and I could very easily be very happy with Peterson. The defense isn't getting fixed overnight, and I think talent should trump need when you're picking this high.

Dareus is my top choice and Fairley is behind him. If I had to rank Miller would be a distant 3rd and Peterson a distant 4th.

Az Snake
04-24-2011, 03:03 PM
yuuuup. . . i'll throw my television off the ****ing balcony if they draft peterson at number two-- but happily, i feel pretty confident that they won't. . .

This guy has Carolina taking Cam, leaving Dareus in Denver's lap at #2 and Fairley sliding way down to the Jets:
http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2011/04/mock_nfl_draft_is_cam_newton_a.html

Dogggy, I don't have a balcony but if we don't take Marcell at #2,
or trade down a few spots, get some extra picks and still be guaranteed that we get Dareus,
I might drag my TV up to the roof and toss it off !

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/148/marcell.jpg

dogfish
04-24-2011, 03:29 PM
This guy has Carolina taking Cam, leaving Dareus in Denver's lap at #2 and Fairley sliding way down to the Jets:
http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2011/04/mock_nfl_draft_is_cam_newton_a.html

Dogggy, I don't have a balcony but if we don't take Marcell at #2,
or trade down a few spots, get some extra picks and still be guaranteed that we get Dareus,
I might drag my TV up to the roof and toss it off !

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/148/marcell.jpg

gotta do what you gotta do. . . :D

SpringsBroncoFan
04-24-2011, 03:48 PM
gotta do what you gotta do. . . :D

So if you guys gotta do it, can you share with the group?

Perhaps a webcam view or a camera shot on the way down?

If the team lays an egg in this draft there are alot of us who could at least use a good laugh... :tsk:

dogfish
04-24-2011, 04:24 PM
So if you guys gotta do it, can you share with the group?

Perhaps a webcam view or a camera shot on the way down?

If the team lays an egg in this draft there are alot of us who could at least use a good laugh... :tsk:

i'd be happy to oblige, but i'll probably be passed out face first in the gutter at that point. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-24-2011, 04:33 PM
We hafta take Dareus. If Dareus goes to carolina, trade back to 4 or 5 and grab Fairley. Even if it only nets us an extra #2.

Denver27og
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
im hoping maybe we could trade down and still grab peterson and work on our dline..

if u look back at alot of the great corners taken in drafts... they were nevered drafted that high..

but if you went back and looked.. alot of the late picked corners were the one of the best if not the best player in the draft..

just saying

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 10:38 AM
im hoping maybe we could trade down and still grab peterson and work on our dline..

if u look back at alot of the great corners taken in drafts... they were nevered drafted that high..

but if you went back and looked.. alot of the late picked corners were the one of the best if not the best player in the draft..

just saying

To take Peterson means that we're going after second tier defensive tackles. I would rather not. good corners are much easier to find than good defensive linemen.

gregbroncs
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
To take Peterson means that we're going after second tier defensive tackles. I would rather not. good corners are much easier to find than good defensive linemen.
And much less important. If you can't stop the run then a CB is worthless. If we take a CB in the first, second or third rounds I will not be happy. It's just not a position of need for this team right now.

arapaho2
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM

not if the "talent" wont help the 31st ranked rush defense, the 32nd ranked defense in sacks.

if teams can simply run all over, through and over us...it makes drafting a cb with the 2nd pick a waste

LTC Pain
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM

Word!

SpringsBroncoFan
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
And much less important. If you can't stop the run then a CB is worthless. If we take a CB in the first, second or third rounds I will not be happy. It's just not a position of need for this team right now.

If we can get 2 DL's & an OT that will be starters out of the 1st 4 picks I have no problem with one of the four being a CB if he's the best player on the board at that point...

Disclaimer... one of them needs to be Fairley or Dareus! :D

TXBRONC
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

I would be ok with taking defensive tackles with our first and one of our seconds and then taking an offensive tackle or a tight end with our other second round pick.

LTC Pain
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM
If we can get 2 DL's & an OT that will be starters out of the 1st 4 picks I have no problem with one of the four being a CB if he's the best player on the board at that point...

Disclaimer... one of them needs to be Fairley or Dareus! :D

Optimally, IMHO, we need to get 2 DL-men, an ILB and RB/FB with the first four picks. Agreeing with your disclaimer of course :) Get the OT in later rounds and a pass catching TE in free agency.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Optimally, IMHO, we need to get 2 DL-men, an ILB and RB/FB with the first four picks. Agreeing with your disclaimer of course :) Get the OT in later rounds and a pass catching TE in free agency.

ILB is a need pick in a weak draft, next year is better. There are ILB's later in the 5th that can at least provide depth but except for 67 I doubt you'll find an ILB ranked as a better player.

We can pencil in Mays/Haggan at MLB for now but we have no starting ROT or b/u - it's a much higher priority. We can't bank on free agency or a late round pick for a starting ROT.

I have no problem reaching for a DT at 67 if we have Fairley or Dareus but I don't want to see us reaching for an OT at 67 or later - it's too great a need when you have NO starter.

I like what the FO said recently about focusing more on a run blocker than a pass blocker, that's important because this is a crappy draft for OT's.

I would kill to have Dareus/Austin & Ijalana or Franklin and wouldn't even care about any other position if that happened.

I'd be happy to "settle" for Dareus/Fua(67), Ijalana(36), & Wilson(46) or <at 46 insert player or RB/FB>. Wilson might end up at SAM but if he's the best player on the board so be it...

LTC Pain
04-25-2011, 01:36 PM
ILB is a need pick in a weak draft, next year is better. There are ILB's later in the 5th that can at least provide depth but except for 67 I doubt you'll find an ILB ranked as a better player.

We can pencil in Mays/Haggan at MLB for now but we have no starting ROT or b/u - it's a much higher priority. We can't bank on free agency or a late round pick for a starting ROT.

I have no problem reaching for a DT at 67 if we have Fairley or Dareus but I don't want to see us reaching for an OT at 67 or later - it's too great a need when you have NO starter.

I like what the FO said recently about focusing more on a run blocker than a pass blocker, that's important because this is a crappy draft for OT's.

I would kill to have Dareus/Austin & Ijalana or Franklin and wouldn't even care about any other position if that happened.

I'd be happy to "settle" for Dareus/Fua(67), Ijalana(36), & Wilson(46) or <at 46 insert player or RB/FB>. Wilson might end up at SAM but if he's the best player on the board so be it...

Remember, the Broncos have Eric Olsen (OT) on the roster. 6th round draft pick last year that played all three interior O-line positions at Notre Dame. Hope the Broncos give him a good look in training camp, whenever that may be.

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Remember, the Broncos have Eric Olsen (OT) on the roster. 6th round draft pick last year that played all three interior O-line positions at Notre Dame. Hope the Broncos give him a good look in training camp, whenever that may be.

I like that guy. I wanted to see more of him last year. I like his nastiness

LTC Pain
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
I like that guy. I wanted to see more of him last year. I like his nastiness

What's the chances of Harris not being re-signed? And why not? But if not, it may open an opportunity for Olsen.

Funny you mention Olsen's nasty streak. The same was said of Walton and Beadles! They not only want to block but also punish whoever they are pushing around :)

BroncoNut
04-25-2011, 01:46 PM
What's the chances of Harris not being re-signed? And why not? But if not, it may open an opportunity for Olsen.

Funny you mention Olsen's nasty streak. The same was said of Walton and Beadles! They not only want to block but also punish whoever they are pushing around :)

I don't know about Harris, I just wanted to see Eric Olsen play. I don't know why, he just seems ornery.

It's got to be such a mindgame down in the trenches. there's gotta be all sorts of trash talking, and bulling

gregbroncs
04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
I would be ok with taking defensive tackles with our first and one of our seconds and then taking an offensive tackle or a tight end with our other second round pick.

Great point. I just don't see CB as a position the team needs to address right now. Hell our front 7 has been soooo bad, we might have a decent young CB on the roster. Cox or Thompson may turn out to be okay once they have a line to assist a little bit.

Denver27og
04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
yea everyone know we need Dlinemen but..

who thinks we are set at CB???

lots of need at every postition almost

cant pass up on peterson...

SpringsBroncoFan
04-26-2011, 01:52 PM
yea everyone know we need Dlinemen but..

who thinks we are set at CB???

lots of need at every postition almost

cant pass up on peterson...

We are set at CB... although I'd love to have Curtis Brown at 46 or 67 but we can't afford it... I'd also love to have Moore at 46 or Q Carter at 67 but we can't afford that either... thanks McD...

The issues are what is PP's best position & when/if is Champ going to move to S...

If we could move down a bit to somehow get a late 1st or another 2nd to ensure we get enough quality at DT... but how???

By moving down we not just skip MD,NF, & CL but we also potentially miss on PT, SP, & MA... that's too much for me to leave on the table...

Others might be ok with "settling" for Jenkins/Ellis/Powe & Nevis/Casey/McClain but I'd certainly prefer not to...

Denver27og
04-28-2011, 01:05 AM
uh oh... will it be so???

peterson!!

dogfish
04-28-2011, 01:37 AM
We are set at CB... although I'd love to have Curtis Brown at 46 or 67 but we can't afford it... I'd also love to have Moore at 46 or Q Carter at 67 but we can't afford that either... thanks McD...

The issues are what is PP's best position & when/if is Champ going to move to S...

If we could move down a bit to somehow get a late 1st or another 2nd to ensure we get enough quality at DT... but how???

By moving down we not just skip MD,NF, & CL but we also potentially miss on PT, SP, & MA... that's too much for me to leave on the table...

Others might be ok with "settling" for Jenkins/Ellis/Powe & Nevis/Casey/McClain but I'd certainly prefer not to...

you do know when you take it to initials that you're losing 90% of the people that read-- if not post-- here, right?

:D

SpringsBroncoFan
04-28-2011, 03:26 AM
you do know when you take it to initials that you're losing 90% of the people that read-- if not post-- here, right?

:D

Lol, sorry dog hadn't heard about that rule... :D

I've had a really bad day with pain after surgery...

Although some of the craziness on the board yesterday morning didn't help either... had my head spinning even more... lol

Northman
04-28-2011, 04:34 AM
uh oh... will it be so???

peterson!!

Negative ghostrider.