PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Broncos vs Pats?

Denver27og
10-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Well from what I remember, we beat them at thier house when they had Tom Brady.... I think our defense matches up well with thier offense even with Tom Brady.... Im just a lil worried because we make the sorriest QBs in the league look good but im counting on a win before we go into the bye week.... If Royal, stoke, and sheff are back, its overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
As repetitive as it maybe, it still bears repeating, we can't turn the ball over. If Jay and offense can limit their mistakes I think they can hang 30 on the Patriots.

Skinny
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Well from what I remember, we beat them at thier house when they had Tom Brady.... I think our defense matches up well with thier offense even with Tom Brady.... Im just a lil worried because we make the sorriest QBs in the league look good but im counting on a win before we go into the bye week.... If Royal, stoke, and sheff are back, its overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrYeah, and we had Larry Coyer. For whatever reason in years past, Coyer did brilliant job of schemeing NEs offense. And the players usually executed it to perfection. The last time we beat them in NE it was a total team win but the defense absolutely dominated that game, even at the LOS.

I also like our match-up on the defensive side of the ball as far as man on man. Even as sloppy as their playing right now. I just don't know how Slo and the staff are going to play Cassel and Moss.

I would like to see them stack the line and make Cassel beat them through the air. He very well could but i would atleast make him earn every bit of it. That's just me.

If we can keep from shooting ourselves in the foot with careless turnovers and win the feild position battle, i think we have a little more offensive fire power than the patriots defense can handle.

Nomad
10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Run the 'Wildcat', ask Miami!:D;) I really don't know, just hoping for a BRONCOS win going into the bye!

DenBronx
10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
there's no way the pats are going to beat us. cassel is a joke and moss is going to play half hearted. maroney has been injured and this just isnt the same team.

we go into the bye at 5-2. :beer:

broncophan
10-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I can't see the patriots NOT being ready to play the broncos on Monday night.

Hope I am wrong.....but I think this could be another one of our ugly primetime games.
I think the Pats defense will be tough on us at home....and our defense will make Cassel look like Brady..............................

BroncoJoe
10-14-2008, 05:30 PM
The only reason we win this game is it's Monday NIGHT. If it was an early game, we'd lose.

broncophan
10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
The only reason we win this game is it's Monday NIGHT. If it was an early game, we'd lose.

Why would you say that??????.....when I am pretty sure, without looking....the broncos record on Monday night games is not very good at all....??? :confused:...esp. on the road...

BroncoJoe
10-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Why would you say that??????.....when I am pretty sure, without looking....the broncos record on Monday night games is not very good at all....??? :confused:...esp. on the road...

Without looking it up, I'm confident in saying our record playing an early game on the East coast is worse than Monday Night.

broncophan
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Without looking it up, I'm confident in saying our record playing an early game on the East coast is worse than Monday Night.

O.k. I hope you are right.....I know we don't play well in early games as well.......I think they should let the broncos play ALL their games at home.......I wonder if the other teams will go along with that???

turftoad
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
there's no way the pats are going to beat us. cassel is a joke and moss is going to play half hearted. maroney has been injured and this just isnt the same team.

Our bye is week 8.

5+2=7

:D

NameUsedBefore
10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I think it would be ironic if we lost to them. I mean, even with Tom Brady the Broncos were always that one team the Patriots had trouble with. Without Tom Brady and they win? That would just be ridiculous.

jrelway
10-14-2008, 05:44 PM
i predict a close game this time. i also predict that maroney, sammy morris, kevin faulk, lamont jordan, randy moss, matt cassell, ben watson, etc..etc.. to have career days against our defense.

turftoad
10-14-2008, 05:44 PM

Hope I am wrong.....but I think this could be another one of our ugly primetime games.
I think the Pats defense will be tough on us at home....and our defense will make Cassel look like Brady..............................

Agreed. Cassel will have time. NE has a decent O line and no matter who is running ball will get yards.

Broncolingus
10-14-2008, 05:45 PM
"Any thoughts on the Broncos vs Pats?"

...yeah, get ready for Matt Cassel to have a 300+yd, 4 TD game and look like the second coming of Tom Brady.

...wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

NO WAY Denver should lose to that hack, but they managed to make Damon Huard look like a friggin All-Pro already this year, so...

Lonestar
10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I see this as a loss always have and considering the following factors:

Our D has not stopped anyone this year..

Defense against the rush is bad.

defense against the run is worse..

Our offense has turned the ball over more than anyone in the past three games..

It is on Monday night there stadium is gonna be rocking..

If the weather is lousy passing games is toast..

It is on the east coast..

Their QB is less than a rookie never started in College and then was a backup
to Brady.. No doubt he will be elected to the HOF after this game..

We may not have 3/4 of our Offense to play with..

Their 3-4 gives us fits.. especially NT..

LoyalSoldier
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Our bye is week 8.

5+2=7

:D

Yes and 7 comes before 8. Which this upcoming week is week 7.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Don't get me wrong here, I want the Broncos to win every week. That being said, if we can't stop the turnovers we're in for a long Monday night. Both games we've lost can be attributed directly to turnovers.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 05:59 PM

It's tall order but if we can eliminate the mistakes I think we have shot at winning it.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't get me wrong here, I want the Broncos to win every week. That being said, if we can't stop the turnovers we're in for a long Monday night. Both games we've lost can be attributed directly to turnovers.

Yep. :salute:

turftoad
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes and 7 comes after 8. Which this upcoming week is week 7.

Oh, shit. Look the dumb ass is now. :lol:

What the hell was I thinking. :confused:

Denver27og
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
we will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenBronx
10-14-2008, 06:08 PM

yeah, you even confused me there for a sec. :laugh:

Italianmobstr7
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
If we turn the ball over less than 3 times, we'll win. I really hope that we can play some freaking man to man coverage this game. I'm sick of seeing us play zone when we have 2 of the best CB's in the league. Man up on them 1 on 1 and punch them in the mouth, especially Moss. Welker actually scares me more than Moss this game. He's like Stokely and if we play zone, he will find the soft spot. We've got to blitz, and we've got to play man. Our O may play this one a lot like they did against SD since they also run the 3-4. Just have to hope that our D plays better than we did in the SD game.

Broncolingus
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
...(Walker)...He's like Stokely ...

Yeah...without the 400 concussions.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
One more thought I have on this game is; I hope we win.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 06:26 PM
If we turn the ball over less than 3 times, we'll win. I really hope that we can play some freaking man to man coverage this game. I'm sick of seeing us play zone when we have 2 of the best CB's in the league. Man up on them 1 on 1 and punch them in the mouth, especially Moss. Welker actually scares me more than Moss this game. He's like Stokely and if we play zone, he will find the soft spot. We've got to blitz, and we've got to play man. Our O may play this one a lot like they did against SD since they also run the 3-4. Just have to hope that our D plays better than we did in the SD game.

If the defense can force Cassel to be the one to beat us I don't think he can even with as as our defense has been.

lex
10-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I have a feeling we're in trouble.

LoyalSoldier
10-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Blah wrong word. Meant after.

slim
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Well from what I remember, we beat them at thier house when they had Tom Brady.... I think our defense matches up well with thier offense even with Tom Brady.... Im just a lil worried because we make the sorriest QBs in the league look good but im counting on a win before we go into the bye week.... If Royal, stoke, and sheff are back, its overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Uh, our defense doesn't match up well with anyone.

underrated29
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I thought we were going to own the pats before the season started even with a healthy brady.

NE- pass D sucks almost as bad as ours. Only they have an easier schedule. Good passing teams ate their asses apart.

We have exceptional WR and TE and QB.

Jay likes to throw in bad weather and it doesnt affect him much. Cassel cant throw in good weather. Our run d sucks, but only because we give up the big play. We actually do a pretty good job until we allow a team to bust one. We just need to stay disciplined.

My only concern is welker and faulk. I know we will score the beejezus out of them. I amm just not so sure how we will hold welker down.

Look for us to put up around 40 pts on them. And id say give up around 28. We should take them fairly easily. Mark my words. THIS GAME IS A BRONCO WIN!!!

I am starting all my broncos for this game. Check all my past posts. Jay and brandon will light them up. Hopefully fast eddie is back. If he is it will be an onslought. I promise........

Enjoy the game.

Magnificent Seven
10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Broncos will fire it up on Monday Night Football after they lost to Jaguars. I am sure they will not fumble any ball at this time. GO BRONCOS!

Gamechanger
10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought 3 things in life were certain:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. The Bronco's F'ing up the Patriots

i'm bankin on the Bronco's to win, not a blowout but a respectable 2 score win for ya'll

BroncoWave
10-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I see this as a loss

Of course you do. :D

lex
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I see this as a loss always have and considering the following factors:

Our D has not stopped anyone this year..

Defense against the rush is bad.

defense against the run is worse..

Our offense has turned the ball over more than anyone in the past three games..

It is on Monday night there stadium is gonna be rocking..

If the weather is lousy passing games is toast..

It is on the east coast..

Their QB is less than a rookie never started in College and then was a backup
to Brady.. No doubt he will be elected to the HOF after this game..

We may not have 3/4 of our Offense to play with..

Their 3-4 gives us fits.. especially NT..

I know we're 5-1 vs Bradichick but I think 3 of those wins were with Plummer. While Id take Cutler any day of the week over Plummer, I think the way Plummer was may have helped him in games like those vs New England. Belichick is really good at confusing the opposing QB by showing a lot of looks. He stymied Peyton Manning among many others. But Plummer was best suited to roll out and as a result didnt really read the whole field as much as he read specific keys. Of course the back drop to this was Shanahan also confusing NE by showing a lot of different looks. But Plummer was oblivious to all this. Belichicks wiley ways had no affect on him as a result since Plummer wasnt as reliant on reading the whole field the way Manning is.

So here we are with coming off a game in which Cutler forced way too many passes to Marshall. You have to think Cutler will make more of an effort to find the open receiver. The problem is that part of that is reading the field which is problematic since it plays into Belichicks hand.

I really hope Im wrong but I have a bad feeling about this one.

CrazyHorse
10-15-2008, 07:10 AM
I thought 3 things in life were certain:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. The Bronco's F'ing up the Patriots

i'm bankin on the Bronco's to win, not a blowout but a respectable 2 score win for ya'll

Yes. The cycle has been Broncos>Pats>Colts>Broncos
I'd rather play the pats anyday.
Lsst time we beat you Sorgi was playing. Same for the Pats beating us, we had a backup QB

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm working on a preview of this game, but I all I will say is that I think we will win.

WTE
10-15-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm working on a preview of this game, but I all I will say is that I think we will win.

Lamont Jordan coming back from his calf injury will be key for the Patriots. NE needs a heavy dose of Sammy Morris and Lamont pounding your front 7 along w/ constant screens and draws by Faulk.

That should help set up Moss for a couple bombs.

If Jordan doesn't play or is too injured to be effective then NE is in trouble.

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Lamont Jordan coming back from his calf injury will be key for the Patriots. NE needs a heavy dose of Sammy Morris and Lamont pounding your front 7 along w/ constant screens and draws by Faulk.

That should help set up Moss for a couple bombs.

If Jordan doesn't play or is too injured to be effective then NE is in trouble.

I definitely think it will be a close game, but I just see us JUST ABOUT winning it. I'll go into depth in my preview.

LRtagger
10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I sincerely hope we do not go zone all game. If Moss runs up field our corners will have to rely on our "safeties" to support in coverage on Moss. That is seriously bad news. If it were me I would go man-to-man with McCree to help deep. I would put Woodyard in the game instead of Manuel to support the run at the LOS and make Cassell beat Champ and Bly in the air. I like the Champ/Bly vs Cassell matchup. I'll take that all day.

What I DONT like is Manuel anywhere on the field. If he crowds the line, he cant tackle and if he is supporting the pass he cant make a play on the ball or receiver. Might as well put another LB on the field and take Manuel off. At least then we might be able to stop the run and force some 3rd and longs.

Either way the key to success in this game is creating pressure on Cassell by BLITZING. If we sit back, even the worst back-up QBs in the league will beat us.

I hope the staff and players watch the SD/NE film all week. SD's D is about as bad as ours, but they held the Pats in check easily. I think we can do the same if Slowik pulls his head out of his ass for at least this week.

If we lose this game because of defense, you better believe Shanny will be taking control of the Defense for the second half of the season.

Gamechanger
10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes. The cycle has been Broncos>Pats>Colts>Broncos
I'd rather play the pats anyday.
Lsst time we beat you Sorgi was playing. Same for the Pats beating us, we had a backup QB

If memory serves me correct, wasn't it our first wildcard meeting?

but the tides are starting to turn, I think we gonna beat the Pats this year, not cuz of Cassell but the Defense, which gave Peyton headaches for a while, has been exposed badly if you can't figure out their secondary, then you must be Brodie Croyle

like I said, the Pats are imploding, Moss isn't happy and he's already starting to give up on plays, let Champ play man-to-man on him and thats gonna make him uncomfortable,

though many don't like to hear this, i've noticed that like the Colts D, the Bronco's D is made to play when the offense gives them a scoring lead

and I think a two score cushion is too much for Cassell to manage

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
If memory serves me correct, wasn't it our first wildcard meeting?

but the tides are starting to turn, I think we gonna beat the Pats this year, not cuz of Cassell but the Defense, which gave Peyton headaches for a while, has been exposed badly if you can't figure out their secondary, then you must be Brodie Croyle

like I said, the Pats are imploding, Moss isn't happy and he's already starting to give up on plays, let Champ play man-to-man on him and thats gonna make him uncomfortable,

though many don't like to hear this, i've noticed that like the Colts D, the Bronco's D is made to play when the offense gives them a scoring lead

and I think a two score cushion is too much for Cassell to manage

Are you talking about when Sorgi quarterbacked the team and we won? If you are that's what you're refering too was the last game of '04 season. The Colts were set as the number two seed in the playoffs (I think) and they weren't going to a higher seed with a win so Sorgi played about three quarters of that game. He didn't start, Manning did so he could stay sharp for the playoffs.

Gamechanger
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Are you talking about when Sorgi quarterbacked the team and we won? If you are that's what you're refering too was the last game of '04 season. The Colts were set as the number two seed in the playoffs (I think) and they weren't going to a higher seed with a win so Sorgi played about three quarters of that game. He didn't start, Manning did so he could stay sharp for the playoffs.

I remember now, I just couldn't pinpoint the year, i had a brain fart

we were actaully the 3rd, Pitt. had the 1st seed and NE had the 2nd

Medford Bronco
10-15-2008, 09:02 AM
The pats have a sorry secondary and Cutler should exploit it.

I really hope Scheff and Royal are back as they are key to Marshall not
getting triple teamed.

However it Matt Cassel, even though he is medicre at best, has a ton
of time to throw, he could put up a lot of points as well.

I hope for a win. we shall see.

LRtagger
10-15-2008, 09:10 AM
I remember now, I just couldn't pinpoint the year, i had a brain fart

we were actaully the 3rd, Pitt. had the 1st seed and NE had the 2nd

Yep you were 3rd and we were 6th. We got into the playoffs by beating Sorgi in Denver and then the Colts mopped the floor with us the following week in the wildcard round in Indy. I think it was like 48-24 or something like that.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Yep you were 3rd and we were 6th. We got into the playoffs by beating Sorgi in Denver and then the Colts mopped the floor with us the following week in the wildcard round in Indy. I think it was like 48-24 or something like that.

Thanks for the reminder. :tsk:

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
The pats have a sorry secondary and Cutler should exploit it.

I really hope Scheff and Royal are back as they are key to Marshall not
getting triple teamed.

However it Matt Cassel, even though he is medicre at best, has a ton
of time to throw, he could put up a lot of points as well.

I hope for a win. we shall see.

I'm up for starting Shanahan at DE.

Lonestar
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm up for starting Shanahan at DE.

probably would do better than who is..

broncofaninfla
10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm guessing the Patriots will have their best offensive performance of the season, seems to be the norm with who ever plays our defense. Hopefully our offense will wake up, not turn the ball over and score enough to win.

Medford Bronco
10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm guessing the Patriots will have their best offensive performance of the season, seems to be the norm with who ever plays our defense. Hopefully our offense will wake up, not turn the ball over and score enough to win.

exept for the Oakland Raiders and Tampa who both struggled vs our Stellar Defense :lol:

JKcatch724
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I expect about 50 screen passes from New England.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I hope we win.

broncophan
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM

Man.....sometimes I hate to be right......:tsk: