PDA

View Full Version : check this freak of nature out..dude!!

arapaho2
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/3/14/2050054/introducing-the-vanilla-gorilla-blaine-sumner-dt-colorado-school-of

i'd take a shot with a late round pick

underrated29
04-21-2011, 01:29 PM
horrible leverage, comes out way to high. Struggles to get off blocks.

Id def take him with a late round flyer--he will undoubtedly be a UFDA though

rcsodak
04-21-2011, 01:46 PM

One of the negs of fairley is he tends to play tall as the game progresses. Which is what kept MThomas from excelling, iirc.
Makes me wonder if he can be fixed brfore he becomes a free agent.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

arapaho2
04-21-2011, 03:49 PM

yes...but that power could be harnessed into a solid role player...all im saying

as per struggling to come off blocks?...didnt you see him just cast that center off like a rag doll?

rcsodak
04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
yes...but that power could be harnessed into a solid role player...all im saying

as per struggling to come off blocks?...didnt you see him just cast that center off like a rag doll?
Maybe that C IS a ragdoll and everybody tosses him like that. ;)

Just sayin.

underrated29
04-21-2011, 04:05 PM
He only has that one move though. He was contained pretty well by most C, and most double teams and remember this is School of mines talent, not the big boys of dv2a

Still, he is totally worth a look as a ufda, I like him as a FB too. I have heard about him before and how he is a workout man beast, but he needs a lot of coaching- but what 7th rdr ufda doesnt, right? Hell on our team he would be a starter.

arapaho2
04-21-2011, 04:18 PM
He only has that one move though. He was contained pretty well by most C, and most double teams and remember this is School of mines talent, not the big boys of dv2a

Still, he is totally worth a look as a ufda, I like him as a FB too. I have heard about him before and how he is a workout man beast, but he needs a lot of coaching- but what 7th rdr ufda doesnt, right? Hell on our team he would be a starter.

right now he would probably be...i think with our late round pik, the guy might be groomed into a solid DT

just saying thats a huge incredibly strong man, with some agility...to leap on on that 50inch box from a standstill at his size shows some explosion
wouldnt expect him to see the field much but a year of coaching he might be something

rcsodak
04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
PSchrager. Foxsports.com
players to keep your eyes on:
Cortez allen-citadel, cb
Greg salas- hawaii, wr
Blaine sumner-csm, dt

Ps. Thinks denver might pull a shocker @2:

PP.

underrated29
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
PSchrager. Foxsports.com
players to keep your eyes on:
Cortez allen-citadel, cb
Greg salas- hawaii, wr
Blaine sumner-csm, dt

Ps. Thinks denver might pull a shocker @2:

PP.

Who does? I would be infinitely pissed to the high heavens if we passed up any front 7 for PP without trading back first.

rcsodak
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Who does? I would be infinitely pissed to the high heavens if we passed up any front 7 for PP without trading back first.
Peter Schrager. Foxsports.com
he was on sirius nfl

arapaho2
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM

id bre pissed if we took him at all...Dline needs top be addressed in the draft

broncofaninfla
04-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd be totally cool with Blaine Sumner in a Broncos uniform.

WARHORSE
04-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Closest thing to the NFL he'll get is selling steroids to streeters wearing NFL gear.

Warhorse scouting department.(no calls please)

:coffee:

;)

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 06:52 AM
I recall the last time a small local college had a player bronco fans wanted.....

...and he's currently with SD.

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 09:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Arz1nuYkgKaLpTpqWiBiwkB9t7l_?slug=nfp-20110421_auburn_dt_zach_clayton_visited_the_bengal s

The part that caught my eye?
"Clayton was congratulated by Denver Broncos coach John Fox during his workout. "

TXBRONC
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
He didn't play against the most elite of competition but like the rest you I wouldn't hesitate to take him in a later round. However, we have one small problem we have ha hole in the middle of our draft. So unless this kid goes in the 6th or 7th round we may not get him.

gobroncsnv
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
wondering if 800 pounds weighs as much at CSM as it does at an SEC school...

Well, truthfully, our OL in the SB against the Pack, we were able to control the devastation usually wreaked by Gilbert Brown. That was a big and strong man... but I don't remember his name getting called much at all. It's more than being strong, it's knowing what to do with it. Hope our Dline coach is a good one. Granted, I want to have better talent, but we need to get more out of our front wall...

Dean
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
wondering if 800 pounds weighs as much at CSM as it does at an SEC school...

Well, truthfully, our OL in the SB against the Pack, we were able to control the devastation usually wreaked by Gilbert Brown. That was a big and strong man... but I don't remember his name getting called much at all. It's more than being strong, it's knowing what to do with it. Hope our Dline coach is a good one. Granted, I want to have better talent, but we need to get more out of our front wall...

I am not sure if you are serious about the change in weight at CSM but here is a reply. The average radius of the earth is 6 378 000 meters. Even if CSM were 5 miles high in elevation (it's not) the acceleration of gravity would only decrease by .126% for a decrease of 1.008 pounds which is not significant.

. . .and I thought that all the physics that I was required to take would not come in handy.:laugh:

Maybe I should have taken a refresher class. I forgot that forces follow an inverse square rule. The % decrease would be .00015%. The decrease in weight would be .012 pounds. I hate when that happens. Once I run out of fingers and toes the math gets difficult.

gobroncsnv
04-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Dean, GREAT WORK... my bet is that you didn't even need a scratch pad to do that calculation... now of course, CSM is also farther from the equator than any SEC school... did you factor that in as well?
Ok, ok,... we've had our fun. so, ok, yeah, busted... wasn't serious. but liked your return fire. Seems like a while since I've seen you post, good to hear from ya.