PDA

View Full Version : Broncos open lines of communication with season-ticket holders

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Call it an unexpected fringe benefit for Broncos fans who signed up for 2011 season tickets despite the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing NFL labor dispute.

The Broncos are conducting three conference calls exclusively for their season-ticket holders with the likes of John Elway, John Fox, Brian Xanders and even NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

The first conference call will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday with Elway, the Broncos' executive vice president of football operations, and Xanders, the team's general manager.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17868293

When I got home today, there was a message on my phone from Jim Saccomano, which stated that I would be receiving a call tomorrow around 1:00 to participate in the live forum - from 1:00-2:00. The discussion will be the draft. I have no idea how this will work - whether everyone who receives the call, will get to ask a question. If I do get to ask a question of either John or Brian, please post a question that you would like me to ask. I would imagine the question should be a general question, as they will not state anything which would give anything away

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Which players have impressed you this year the most with their football IQ?

GEM
04-19-2011, 04:20 PM
rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17868293

When I got home today, there was a message on my phone from Jim Saccomano, which stated that I would be receiving a call tomorrow around 1:00 to participate in the live forum - from 1:00-2:00. The discussion will be the draft. I have no idea how this will work - whether everyone who receives the call, will get to ask a question. If I do get to ask a question of either John or Brian, please post a question that you would like me to ask. I would imagine the question should be a general question, as they will not state anything which would give anything away

YAY Carol!!! Nice benefit for sticking with the Broncos in an uncertain year! ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2011, 04:22 PM
YAY Carol!!! Nice benefit for sticking with the Broncos in an uncertain year! ;)

GEM - I have owned season tickets thru the bad times and the good times. Not gonna give up on them now, or EVER ;)

underrated29
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
oh man, like a kid in a candy shop. I have a million questions I would ask but perhaps something like.

We currently own worst or close to it in the department of rush offense and rush defense. We know the plans on defense, that is pretty obvious. What plans do they see for fixing the rush offense? Knowshons role/improvement, a true fullback? The ZBS and how our OL/RB fit it? Are they fits for it? Can knowshon thrive, not improve but thrive in the zbs? perhaps a back like craig cooper or delone carter?

ok enough from me.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I was not one who got to ask a question, but here is a sampling of the questions ask and the answers.

After their press conference with the media today, Broncos' new front-office boss John Elway and general manager Brian Xanders held a conference call with more 7,000 season-ticket holders.

The 23 fans who got in on the call — the first of its kind by the Broncos — not only asked many of the same questions Elway and Xanders fielded from the media, but also a few the media didn't think of. Such as:

# Teresa from Apache Junction, Ariz. didn't so much ask as she told Elway she wanted him to coach the quarterbacks.

"With my background, I'm definitely going to be involved," Elway said. "But we're very fortunate to have Adam Gase, who's our quarterbacks coach now. But also I plan on helping out where I can. I don't want to be intrusive, but I want to be a part of it and help out at that position."

# Charles, from Denver, a season-ticket holder since 1983, scooped out some news by asking for a health update on pass rusher Elvis Dumervil, who missed the entire 2010 season with a torn pectoral muscle.

"Elvis passed his offseason physical; he's 100 percent healthy," Elway said.

rest of questions and answers - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17892880?source=rss

GEM
04-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Fantastic news on Doom!! :rockon:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/pages/broncos_news.html?feed=342713?feed=342713&article=8463978

On this link, there is a place that says Listen to part of the Fan Forum here.

click on that to listen to some of the questions/answers

rcsodak
04-20-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/pages/broncos_news.html?feed=342713?feed=342713&article=8463978

On this link, there is a place that says Listen to part of the Fan Forum here.

click on that to listen to some of the questions/answers
You're every mans dream, carol. ;)
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

tubby
04-21-2011, 01:16 AM
I found myself just wanting X to ****.

"ahh ya, i agree with everything John just said and blah blah blah"

Was anyone else on the call?

If not, i declare myself #1 fan. the end

Chris90210
04-21-2011, 02:48 PM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

rcsodak
04-22-2011, 09:54 AM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?I say ALOT, having witnessed it on TV.

tubby
04-22-2011, 09:25 PM
#1 fan

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2011, 09:43 PM
#1 fan

Move over - I was on the call

Agent of Orange
04-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Here's a question you could ask: Why should I continue to be a season ticket holder? The team has gone cheap and the stadium sucks. So whats in it for me other than the Denver Broncos daring me to give up an old habit?

tubby
04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Move over - I was on the call

Oh sorry. I usually don't read your post b/c you are a woman. Just kidding. Call down GEM.

So Carol what did you think of the call? I thought it was pretty cool and that Elway was awesome. Jim did a good job running it too.

My favorite was the answer to the 'how do we get our home field advantage back?' question.

"WIN"