PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Balloting

TXBRONC
10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
NFL.com has the Pro Bowl ballots out so here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

turftoad
10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't unserstand how they can start voting after only 6 games. Makes no sense.

TXBRONC
10-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't unserstand how they can start voting after only 6 games. Makes no sense.

I dont know either. :whoknows:

OB
10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
seriously :crazy:

Buff
10-13-2008, 07:12 PM

I went to go vote this weekend and it wasn't up yet, so it must have just gone up today. I could see an argument for waiting until week 8, but week 6 is about the time you can start to see trends developing and playoff teams emerging. I'm ok with it.

Buff
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I also think this is a good time to suggest that other people employ my policy of not voting for any AFC players other than Broncos... It's a total homer thing to do, but I don't like to help the competition.

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I wish the local media would generate more attention for Clady nationally. He's been not only the best LT in his rookie class, but arguably the best LT in the NFL.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I wish the local media would generate more attention for Clady nationally. He's been not only the best LT in his rookie class, but arguably the best LT in the NFL.

I don't know of any offensive lineman that get that much exposure. Joe Thomas and Jake Long do but that's because they were both taken in the top three.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Bumping for the heck of it. :bump2:

Mods would it be possible to sticky this for a little while?

frauschieze
10-14-2008, 07:18 PM
I am disappointed that the only person listed as a special teamer for Denver was Niko. Wesley Woodyard would have been a much better selection.

Or Mike Leach. :heh:

horsepig
10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm disappointed in Niko but he seems to always be around the ball, and on his feet ready to help make the play, on spec. teams.

horsepig
10-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I like him on STs . I'm disappointed he can't get on the field with the starting defense.

BroncoWave
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I felt dirty voting for any of our defensive linemen but I did anyway! :D

frauschieze
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
I felt dirty voting for any of our defensive linemen but I did anyway! :D

I felt dirty voting for our safeties.

Italianmobstr7
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
voted dr who I thought was playing the best this year. The broncos I voted for were jay brandon clady Harris champ dj and prater. I think all are well deserving to go so far this year.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I am disappointed that the only person listed as a special teamer for Denver was Niko. Wesley Woodyard would have been a much better selection.

Or Mike Leach. :heh:

I agree Woodyard or Leach would probably been better selections, but Niko isn't a bad choice.

dogfish
10-15-2008, 06:19 AM

call me crazy, and i know some will, but i honest-to-god think he's performing close to an all-pro level. . . through six games he hasn't given up a sack and has taken a grand total of one penalty-- and football outsiders has us ranked #2 in runs off the left tackle. . . in a year where the old stand-bys haven't impressed (ogden is retired, jones and pace haven't been special), who's playing the position any better? joe thomas? marcus mcneil? jason peters? not to this point. . . .

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 08:07 AM

I completely agree.

Most of last season and the season before that I complained about our offensive line like no one else. Clady is the Offensive Lineman I've always wanted for our Franchise.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
call me crazy, and i know some will, but i honest-to-god think he's performing close to an all-pro level. . . through six games he hasn't given up a sack and has taken a grand total of one penalty-- and football outsiders has us ranked #2 in runs off the left tackle. . . in a year where the old stand-bys haven't impressed (ogden is retired, jones and pace haven't been special), who's playing the position any better? joe thomas? marcus mcneil? jason peters? not to this point. . . .

If you're crazy scooter and make room for me because I don't disagree with you at all about Clady. Any offensive lineman that has given up a grand total of one penalty through six game is playing at an all-pro level. His counter part on the right side hasn't been to shabby either.

LRtagger
10-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I agree Woodyard or Leach would probably been better selections, but Niko isn't a choice.

Or Larsen.

Although Niko did make a big impact on ST against Jax. I think he had 3 or 4 ST stops.

CoachChaz
10-15-2008, 09:55 AM
It's funny how 90% of the members here did NOT want Clady in the draft and bitched about us drafting him. Now, everyone rides his jock.

Not calling anyone out...just an observation

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Or Larsen.

Although Niko did make a big impact on ST against Jax. I think he had 3 or 4 ST stops.

Larsen would have been an excellent choice. Honestly I wish Shanahan would let Larsen go back to being a linebacker.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
It's funny how 90% of the members here did NOT want Clady in the draft and bitched about us drafting him. Now, everyone rides his jock.

I don't know if was 90% of the members here but there a few.

LRtagger
10-15-2008, 10:05 AM

Everyone is wrong at some point in their lives. I will happily admit that I did not want Clady, but I'm not going to sit here and pout about it or hope he does bad just so I can be right. I'm glad I was wrong.

Lot's of people bitched when we traded up for Cutler. Lot's of people bitched when we let go of Elam. Lot's of people bitched when we drafted Royal. Lot's of people bitched about a lot of things and I bet most of them are glad they were wrong.

Lonestar
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM

Many folks wanted a DT first and then a Top Notch RB if they were available. As probably 90% did not believe a rookie could step in and contribute at OLT.

Whereas a DT was a desperate need or a RB that could step in and make a difference from almost day one..

With mikey penchant for DAFTING on day one prior to 2006 and Clady coming from an obscure school in a obscure conference everyone believed he was a disaster waiting to happen..

Glad to see that I for one was wrong he has exceeded my wildest dreams..

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Everyone is wrong at some point in their lives. I will happily admit that I did not want Clady, but I'm not going to sit here and pout about it or hope he does bad just so I can be right. I'm glad I was wrong.

Lot's of people bitched when we traded up for Cutler. Lot's of people bitched when we let go of Elam. Lot's of people bitched when we drafted Royal. Lot's of people bitched about a lot of things and I bet most of them are glad they were wrong.

Very true, bitching is sometimes the drink of choice around here. :lol:

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Many folks wanted a DT first and then a Top Notch RB if they were available. As probably 90% did not believe a rookie could step in and contribute at OLT.

Whereas a DT was a desperate need or a RB that could step in and make a difference from almost day one..

With mikey penchant for DAFTING on day one prior to 2006 and Clady coming from an obscure school in a obscure conference everyone believed he was a disaster waiting to happen..

Jr you're mistaken about that, not everyone thought Clady was a disaster waiting to happen. I sure didn't and I'm sure several others didn't as well.

Would have I have liked to have gotten Dorsey or Ellis? Sure but had Shanahan done that we probably don't get Eddie Royal.

BroncoWave
10-15-2008, 11:36 AM

JR, that is totally untrue and you know it. There were several people on here who thought he was a great pick and wanted him before the draft. Once it came to our pick and I looked at who was on the board, he's who I was hoping we would pick as well. You are having some pretty selective memory from draft day.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 11:54 AM
JR, that is totally untrue and you know it. There were several people on here who thought he was a great pick and wanted him before the draft. Once it came to our pick and I looked at who was on the board, he's who I was hoping we would pick as well. You are having some pretty selective memory from draft day.

I thought Shanahan might pick someone else, Brandon Albert, Williams from Vandy, Stewart or even Mendenhall. But when the pick came in I wasn't disappointed in the least.

turftoad
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I felt dirty voting for our safeties.

I DIDN'T feel dirty NOT voting for any Chiefs or Raiders.:D

dogfish
10-15-2008, 12:57 PM

*shrugs*

yea, i wanted brandon albert over clady. . . who cares? does that mean i should be pissy about it and try to downplay clady's accomplishments in hopes of "defending" my preference for albert? that shit is dumb, and i'm not gonna do it. . . .

CoachChaz
10-15-2008, 01:04 PM
For God sake, did anyone read the last sentence in my post? Im not calling anyone out, just recollecting how MANY people were against the possibility of drafting him and were very unhappy when it happened.

Since everyone wants to get defensive about it, then fuk it..I'll say that alot of people suddenly have forgotten how much they disliked the choice and are bullshitting about "always" being happy with it.

Hey...I wanted Chad Jackson a few years ago...I was wrong. Not hard to admit shit like that friends.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
For God sake, did anyone read the last sentence in my post? Im not calling anyone out, just recollecting how MANY people were against the possibility of drafting him and were very unhappy when it happened.

Since everyone wants to get defensive about it, then fuk it..I'll say that alot of people suddenly have forgotten how much they disliked the choice and are bullshitting about "always" being happy with it.

Hey...I wanted Chad Jackson a few years ago...I was wrong. Not hard to admit shit like that friends.

Speaking Chad Jackson I read in today's RMN that Denver might be signing him.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/14/despite-lack-pub-stokley-key-cog-broncos/

ETC.: The Broncos took a look at some running backs Tuesday. Former Packers and Texans running back Vernand Morency - he also played in the Rockies' organization - former Chiefs fullback/linebacker Boomer Grigsby and Alex Haynes were among the players brought in for workouts. Receiver Chad Jackson, a 2006 second-round pick with the New England Patriots, and veteran quarterback Craig Nall also worked out. The Patriots released Jackson at the end of training camp, and he has worked out for several teams. Jackson had surgery to repair an anterior cruciate ligament in early 2007, played in only two games last season and did not catch a pass. He has only 13 receptions for 152 yards in his career. . . . Fans can vote for the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams at NFL.com starting this week. The Pro Bowl - Bailey was the only Broncos player to go last season - is Feb. 8 in Honolulu.

Ziggy
10-15-2008, 01:21 PM

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/14/despite-lack-pub-stokley-key-cog-broncos/

ETC.: The Broncos took a look at some running backs Tuesday. Former Packers and Texans running back Vernand Morency - he also played in the Rockies' organization - former Chiefs fullback/linebacker Boomer Grigsby and Alex Haynes were among the players brought in for workouts. Receiver Chad Jackson, a 2006 second-round pick with the New England Patriots, and veteran quarterback Craig Nall also worked out. The Patriots released Jackson at the end of training camp, and he has worked out for several teams. Jackson had surgery to repair an anterior cruciate ligament in early 2007, played in only two games last season and did not catch a pass. He has only 13 receptions for 152 yards in his career. . . . Fans can vote for the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams at NFL.com starting this week. The Pro Bowl - Bailey was the only Broncos player to go last season - is Feb. 8 in Honolulu.

I like Vernand Morency. He was a solid runner before the injuries hit.

CoachChaz
10-15-2008, 01:28 PM

ETC.: The Broncos took a look at some running backs Tuesday. Former Packers and Texans running back Vernand Morency - he also played in the Rockies' organization - former Chiefs fullback/linebacker Boomer Grigsby and Alex Haynes were among the players brought in for workouts. Receiver Chad Jackson, a 2006 second-round pick with the New England Patriots, .

Yeah, I saw that and noted that it may take 2 years for me to be right about us getting him.

Lonestar
10-15-2008, 01:28 PM

You need to read my post more carefully I have hilted the key points..

Yes there were a few posters on here that wanted him, but those that did not, felt that way about him should he have been picked..

Most thought there were other OTs available in round two or beyond and the BIGGEST IMPACT player would have been the kid from the northwest RB Stewart.

Many were thinking Williams from Vandy would fall to Round two.. If not Harris came to us in round three which would have been enough considering many had him penciled in at OLT with a rookie or Kuper at ORT..

Many other saw the DT spot as our Achilles heel and frankly both DT, DE and RB still remain an area of concern..

Hope I have clarified my thoughts for you on this..

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I saw that and noted that it may take 2 years for me to be right about us getting him.

Hey better late than never. :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM

It's funny how people come to conclusions without conclusive evidence. I don't know if this was a shot at my post, but I was never against drafting Clady.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 01:40 PM
It's funny how people come to conclusions without conclusive evidence. I don't know if this was a shot at my post, but I was never against drafting Clady.

Wookiee Chaz did say he was not calling anyone out.

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Wookiee Chaz did say he was not calling anyone out.

:lol:

I'm cool with Chaz, just saying it sounded as if it was my post he was calling out.

I mean, it's either me or Ziggy.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
:lol:

I'm cool with Chaz, just saying it sounded as if it was my post he was calling out.

I mean, it's either me or Ziggy.

I think he could have meant Jr as well. ;)

Retired_Member_001
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I think could have meant Jr as well. ;)

Jr didn't post in this thread untill AFTER Chaz's post, but I don't really mind.

TXBRONC
10-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Bumping for ballots. :bump:

Hobe
10-19-2008, 09:43 PM

My understanding is that the fan vote accounts as only a very small percent of the total, because they work out to be mostly homer votes. Voting for the pro-bowl is just a fun thing to do on the NFL site. I usually wait until at least the 10TH week, so it looks like I have a clue! :confused:

;)

TXBRONC
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Still bumping for ballots. :bump2:

hamrob
10-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Not calling anyone out...just an observationI guess I'm part of the 10% that wanted Clady.

Unfortunately, I'm also part of those who wanted Moss (although not at the cost we had to give for him).

You win some and you lose some!

hamrob
10-20-2008, 12:02 PM
As for the correct percentage of members who wanted Clady....I'm sure there was a poll at some point before the draft....but I'm too lazy to search for it. :-)

Requiem / The Dagda
10-20-2008, 12:03 PM
The people who were against drafting Clady didn't know what they were talking about. They listened to a certain group of people who proliferated Clady's low wonderlic score and deemed him TSTP (Too Stupid To Play) without having ever seen the guy play more than a couple of snaps while passing through the channels on College Gameday.

Funny thing is, Clady was brought in for an evaluation by the Broncos and sat right next to Coach Shanahan and broke down game tape. Coach said he did a wonderful job at it, and his ability to understand both offensive and defensive concepts was astounding.

Clady was the money pick the whole way, the right pick the whole way and one that made just too much sense. I think the sense of the pick is what made more people skeptical to it actually happening. JMO.

People overvalued Mayock's assessment of Albert (I think Albert will still be a pretty good tackle) and overemphasized Williams because of the Vanderbilt connection.

That is all in the past, what matters is that we got a future All-Pro left tackle who is performing at a high level as a rookie.

LordTrychon
10-20-2008, 12:33 PM
The people who were against drafting Clady didn't know what they were talking about. They listened to a certain group of people who proliferated Clady's low wonderlic score and deemed him TSTP (Too Stupid To Play) without having ever seen the guy play more than a couple of snaps while passing through the channels on College Gameday.

Funny thing is, Clady was brought in for an evaluation by the Broncos and sat right next to Coach Shanahan and broke down game tape. Coach said he did a wonderful job at it, and his ability to understand both offensive and defensive concepts was astounding.

Clady was the money pick the whole way, the right pick the whole way and one that made just too much sense. I think the sense of the pick is what made more people skeptical to it actually happening. JMO.

People overvalued Mayock's assessment of Albert (I think Albert will still be a pretty good tackle) and overemphasized Williams because of the Vanderbilt connection.

That is all in the past, what matters is that we got a future All-Pro left tackle who is performing at a high level as a rookie.

Count me among those that overvalued Williams. Granted, much of it was also due to not expecting Clady to be there. When our number came up, I was on the phone and I remember specifically saying that I couldn't believe Clady was still there. I was kinda expecting and hoping for Williams... But Clady has to be the pick. Hope it works...

I'm pretty happy. :D

LRtagger
10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
The people who were against drafting Clady didn't know what they were talking about.

Give me a break. Those of us that thought Clady wouldn't be worth a #12 pick had sound reasoning and it could have very well not worked out. I believe most of us were happy that we were wrong, but let's give some people a little bit more credit.

There is speculation around EVERY college prospect and the people that negatively speculate a pick that ends up working out are not any less knowledgable than the people that hype a bust.

I'm sure you have been WRONG about a few prospects.

Even the great Mike Shannahan has been wrong multiple times on 1st round picks.

TXBRONC
10-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Count me among those that overvalued Williams. Granted, much of it was also due to not expecting Clady to be there. When our number came up, I was on the phone and I remember specifically saying that I couldn't believe Clady was still there. I was kinda expecting and hoping for Williams... But Clady has to be the pick. Hope it works...

I'm pretty happy. :D

I thought Alberts and Williams both would have been great picks for the Broncos. I also liked the idea of bringing in Stewart or Mendenhall. My first preference was for Alberts however I wasn't disappointed that we drafted Clady.

My biggest mistake was thinking that Clady wouldn't start because he's a rookie.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Give me a break. Those of us that thought Clady wouldn't be worth a #12 pick had sound reasoning and it could have very well not worked out. I believe most of us were happy that we were wrong, but let's give some people a little bit more credit.

His intelligence and the conference he played in were the two knocks used against him. Very little evaluation of his play (which is key) was brought into why people thought he would be a bad pick.

I'm sure you have been WRONG about a few prospects.

Of course. I thought John McCargo was gonna rock and Chad Jackson was gonna be our next Rod Smith. :lol:

Even the great Mike Shannahan has been wrong multiple times on 1st round picks.

Yeah, everyone is wrong at one time or another -- I just didn't see the sound analysis you allude to regarding why Clady would have been a bad pick.

LRtagger
10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
His intelligence and the conference he played in were the two knocks used against him. Very little evaluation of his play (which is key) was brought into why people thought he would be a bad pick.

That is the point. It is hard to evaluate a player that plays against scrubs 90% of the time. I watched BSU when I could and watched him in the bowl game against OU. Nothing he did indicated to me that he would be as good as he has been so far. Not to mention he injured himself at the combine and was basically non-existant there.

I dont want to continue to derail this thread, but just note that there was plenty there to be sceptical about with Clady.

Even the pros that get paid to sit and watch game film play by play, player by player had some doubts about Clady.

BCJ
10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
i dont see Ryan Torain on the ballot. I guess we will have to write him in as the running back of choice. At least LT shouldnt be there.

BCJ
10-20-2008, 03:29 PM
At least I can proudly vote for Niko for special teams. He is all over the field for ST. To help the defense in the Pro Bowl, I selected George Foster, emerging star, for the NFC guards so we can see the Swinging Door in (in)action. If we get all to vote for Foster, we will see a low scoring game for the NFC based on it will be hard for them to score while the QB is on his back.

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2008, 07:32 PM

You go by their ratings in Madden.

DUH.

:rolleyes:

broncofaninfla
10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Other than Clady, Champ and maybe Marshall if he stops fumbling, I don't feel any other Broncos deserve to go to the Pro Bowl.

BCJ
10-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Other than Clady, Champ and maybe Marshall if he stops fumbling, I don't feel any other Broncos deserve to go to the Pro Bowl.

I feel most of our OL has done a great job and can be up for the probowl. Cutler probably will make it just on the fact that the superstars arent having a great year or are injured. Rivers should make it if voting ended right now.