PDA

View Full Version : MJD and his mile high salute

GEM
10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Did this not piss anyone here off? I just wonder if the defense knows the history of the mile high salute....if they did, they let this guy deface and devalue a tradition here. Someone out there should have rung this kids bell for it. That's just me though.

BroncoJoe
10-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Did this not piss anyone here off? I just wonder if the defense knows the history of the mile high salute....if they did, they let this guy deface and devalue a tradition here. Someone out there should have rung this kids bell for it. That's just me though.

If I was sitting in that endzone, I would have thrown my beer at him.

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 09:49 AM

Felt the same way and was going to post something similar later...

Muffy and Biff probably didn't want to spill their wine which is why it went un-punished...

...10 years ago, no telling what would have 'rained' down on dude from the South Stands...

Mike
10-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I kept thinking...surely someone in the stands has a battery.

I did find it funny that Dierdorf was spouting off about what a good guy the midget was and asking 'how can anyone not like this guy?' Yes, he showed what a class guy he was. :rolleyes:

Nomad
10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Not really! He was rubbing dirt in the wounds of BRONCOS fans because he could. And he was unstoppable, so I'm more pissed at the BRONCOS defense for not stopping him! But I'm over it and ready for NE!

MOtorboat
10-13-2008, 09:53 AM
No.

If we start whining about that, we're no better than the Chargers.

GEM
10-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Not really! He was rubbing dirt in the wounds of BRONCOS fans because he could. And he was unstoppable, so I'm more pissed at the BRONCOS defense for not stopping him! But I'm over it and ready for NE!

Nomad...that is what I mean. If the weren't going to put a hit on him....at least prevent the midget from doing it over and over again. Then on the 1st down where he did the hand motion....don't the guys on D have any pride at all?? Pathetic.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Although the fans know the history of the Mile High Salute, I doubt if any of the current players know, or even if they know, with them not being here during that time, it does not have the significance that it does with the fans. However, I feel it was VERY bush-league for the player to do what he did.

GEM
10-13-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm not talking us as fans. I'm talking the players on the field. No pride shows.

CoachChaz
10-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I would much rather find a defense that keeps people out of the endzone, thean punish the plethera of players that score on us and mock the salute.

Buff
10-13-2008, 09:59 AM
No.

If we start whining about that, we're no better than the Chargers.

It's not really whining... He's fully within his rights to do so-- but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed off that he came into our house and mocked us...

I actually like MJD, but I would have liked to see Webster give him a helmet to the facemask instead of Fred Taylor.

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM

Welcome to the era of Free Agency and me first and thinking solely about the $$$$$. Todays players no not a dam thing about franchise history or traditions of an organization they play for. Besides all the players and the players who adopted the mile high salute are loooooong gone!

This current Bronco band of players will need to start their idenitity....The Mile High Salute means nothing to them.

Hell, how old were the current players on the Broncos roster now, when back in 96, 97, and 98 were the Broncos glory years and the Mile High Salute was started!!!

TIMES HAVE CHANGED......AND TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE!!!

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I'd like a defense that keeps people out of the endzone AND punishes them on the field...

The salute thing was 'bush,' but Denver's defense had ample opportunity to teach the little dweeb a lesson in respect on the field and didn't.

...just remember, it's all Slow-lick's fault.

MOtorboat
10-13-2008, 10:02 AM
He's fully within his rights to do so-- but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed off that he came into our house and mocked us...

I actually like MJD, but I would have liked to see Webster give him a helmet to the facemask instead of Fred Taylor.

Agreed.

It's not really whining...

My point was...I hope we don't whine about it...which I haven't seen anyone do...

Nomad
10-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Shanny could have pulled some no-name from the sidelines and told him to drop-kick MJD when he did the salute!:D Just kidding! MJD is a solid player and is fun to watch just not against the BRONCOS. I like Jack del Rio and his team feeds off him.

Nomad
10-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the era of Free Agency and me first and thinking solely about the $$$$$. Todays players no not a dam thing about franchise history or traditions of an organization they play for. Besides all the players and the players who adopted the mile high salute are loooooong gone!

This current Bronco band of players will need to start their idenitity....The Mile High Salute means nothing to them.

Hell, how old were the current players on the Broncos roster now, when back in 96, 97, and 98 were the Broncos glory years and the Mile High Salute was started!!!

TIMES HAVE CHANGED......AND TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE!!!

I agree that's why I don't buy players jerseys anymore, just BRONCOS merchandise

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Shanny could have pulled some no-name from the sidelines and told him to drop-kick MJD when he did the salute!:D Just kidding! MJD is a solid player and is fun to watch just not against the BRONCOS. I like Jack del Rio and his team feeds off him.

MJD (AKA "Mighty Mouse") just needs to count his lucky stars he's playing in a no tackle era of the NFL. He would have been skewered playing against defensive teams of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Hell even Joe Collier's Orange Crush Defense would have ate MJD's lunch.

Oh for the "Good-Ole-Days"!!!

MOtorboat
10-13-2008, 10:10 AM
MJD (AKA "Mighty Mouse") just needs to count his lucky stars he's playing in a no tackle era of the NFL. He would have been skewered playing against defensive teams of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Hell even Joe Collier's Orange Crush Defense would have ate MJD's lunch.

Oh for the "Good-Ole-Days"!!!

I highly doubt that.

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Defensive teams of yester years, would have had a game plan for MJD. One defensive player would have grabbed MJD's shoulder pads to slow or stand him up while another guy would have driven right thru him like butter......everytime MJD touched the freakin ball!

MOtorboat
10-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Defensive teams of yester years, would have had a game plan for MJD. One defensive player would have grabbed MJD's shoulder pads to slow or stand him up while another guy would have driven right thru him like butter......everytime MJD touched the freakin ball!

Um. OK.

Because defenses just don't gameplan anymore, do they? :rolleyes:

honz
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it pissed me off, but if a Bronco player was dominating like he was yesterday and proceeded to taunt the opposing crowd in a similar fashion I would have probably gotten giddy and started laughing. MJD was basically talking trash to the entire Broncos team and fanbase...and it is hard to blame him for doing so as he continued to make our defense look silly yesterday.

jrelway
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM
if we didnt want him to shame the mile high salute, our sorry ass defense should of kept him out of the endzone. what a bunch of scrubs we have on defense.:tsk:

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I highly doubt that.

Naw, Alzado, Jackson, Gradishar, Thompson, Carter, BoB Swenson etc, would have swarmed tackled and nailed MJD.

Mike
10-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Um. OK.

Because defenses just don't gameplan anymore, do they? :rolleyes:

I don't think he is talking about gameplanning in that sense. I think he means that the old-school players would have gameplanned to punish MJD. I don't know about that...but I believe he is right that it was a different time/different rules.

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:18 AM
if we didnt want him to shame the mile high salute, our sorry ass defense should of kept him out of the endzone. what a bunch of scrubs we have on defense.:tsk:

Our Defense has a Club Med attitude.....plain and simple.:coffee:

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 10:18 AM

Agreed...at least on the d-line anyway.

Hard to stop a RB when they're coming full speed with a 15 yard head start untouched through a defensive line...

...ALTHOUGH, there was some poor tackling in the secondary yesterday as well to be sure.

Champ is a pretty good player and tackler consistently though...

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think he is talking about gameplanning in that sense. I think he means that the old-school players would have gameplanned to punish MJD. I don't know about that...but I believe he is right that it was a different time/different rules.

...or at least somebody would have gotten (bad word I know) pissed off and taken-it to midget boi.

MOtorboat
10-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Naw, Alzado, Jackson, Gradishar, Thompson, Carter, BoB Swenson etc, would have swarmed tackled and nailed MJD.

If they could catch him or get around that gigantic offensive line of Jacksonville.

It's a different time and a different era.

Team's are still trying to swarm to MJD. Denver just struggles against that big of a line...I said it last week, and people said, "oh, the size doesn't matter..."

Well, it did yesterday, and it did last year. Denver didn't adjust one bit.

jrelway
10-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Agreed...at least on the d-line anyway.

Hard to stop a RB when they're coming full speed with a 15 yard head start untouched through a defensive line...

...ALTHOUGH, there was some poor tackling in the secondary yesterday as well to be sure.

Champ is a pretty good player and tackler consistently though...

champ bailey and DJ williams are the only players that do tackle. We have some sissy ass safeties that cant level no one. Cant hit, cant cover.

turftoad
10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
If they could catch him or get around that gigantic offensive line of Jacksonville.

Team's are still trying to swarm to MJD. Denver just struggles against that big of a line...I said it last week, and people said, "oh, the size doesn't matter..."

Didn't against KC either.

Face it guys, we're very, very weak up the middle form the DT's to the MLB to the Safteys.

Oh, and talk about ZERO pas rush, Garrard had ALL day to throw the ball.

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:42 AM

True its a different era. The glaring issue I have are the players that throw a shoulder in on MJD hoping to bring him down. Poor tackling techniques can make an offensive line look effective and imposing.

Here's what I saw on a few series with MJD, the broncos D line penetrated/held up the JAX O-line and made initial contact with MJD, but everyone was tackling MJD high instead of someone going after MJD's legs, thus stoping his momentum. You get a hold of any RB's legs, and their done!

Npba900
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Didn't against KC either.

Face it guys, we're very, very weak up the middle form the DT's to the MLB to the Safteys.

Oh, and talk about ZERO pas rush, Garrard had ALL day to throw the ball.

True. I have at least seen Denver over the last two years attempting to bring on DT's over the 300 Lb barrier. Its a start in the right direction. Thomas and Robertson the heaviest DT's Broncos have every had.

shank
10-13-2008, 11:17 AM
i was a big fan of MJD before that... he's now on my shit-list with TJ whosurmomma for the same infraction.

i sent a text to frau after the 1st TD, "**** Mojo."

jrelway
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
mojo should of turned around after the score and saluted our defense.

hamrob
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Should make good bulleton board material...if we face them in the playoffs.

I would think at this point...after what they did to us last year and again this year....that we'd play them better next time.

turftoad
10-13-2008, 11:39 AM

I would think at this point...after what they did to us last year and again this year....that we'd play them better next time.

Playoffs? Did you say playoffs? :tsk:

shank
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Playoffs? Did you say playoffs? :tsk:

http://www.firstandsecondcityguys.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JimMora.jpg

sneakers
10-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Some one in the gameday thread suggested peeing in his helmet ear hole...

GEM
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Here's the thing...crappy on his part, but he was having a fantastic day. I'm not mad at him for doing it....I'm mad at our defense for doing nothing about it.

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Here's the thing...crappy on his part, but he was having a fantastic day. I'm not mad at him for doing it....I'm mad at our defense for doing nothing about it.

Who - miget boi?

Gerrard?

Damon (excuse you) Huard?

LJ?

Cry Me Rivers?

The list is long and distingished...

...like my...(ahem).

...defense doing nothing to STOP it.

dogfish
10-13-2008, 12:34 PM
i won't lie, i wanted to see somebody blast the hell out of the sawed-off little shitstain. . . . :tsk:

champ bailey and DJ williams are the only players that do tackle. We have some sissy ass safeties that cant level no one. Cant hit, cant cover.

our safeties are garbage-- i thought the play where they both bounced off estandia and fell down while he proceeded untouched into the endzone was particularly embarrassing. . . i guess we won't be hearing any more of that big talk from the offseason about how we upgraded the safety position! not trying to be a jerk, but a few people should take a lesson from this-- see what the guys can do on the field before proclaiming them as upgrades just because you've heard their names before and they started on some other team. . . replacing one group of stiffs with another doesn't mean you've gotten any better at the position. . . .

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM

A lot of us said that after the game last year. The good news is that we were dominated on only one side of the ball. Our O-line was in no way dominated. They did thier fair share of controlling the game. Unfortunately, they can't stop Marshall and Cutler from fumbling and throwing interceptions. Our D-line however, was bullied, beat up, abused, and manhandled once again. The difference from this year's game and last year's game? We were only dominated on one side of the line of scrimmage. Things are looking up!

As far as being mad at MJD? Not me. Then again, I also wasn't mad at Shannon Sharpe when he pretended to call the president to let him know that the Patriots were "getting killed" in Foxborough stadium.

East Coast Fan
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Well I certainly didn't like when I saw him do it, but if he ripped through our defense like he did he has the right to do whatever he wants, classless or not.

Perhaps he was/is a Terrell Davis fan and was paying him a tribute? :confused: :D

BroncoFanatic
10-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I made my statement on this in the game day thread. It was classless, and I wouldn't have minded seeing him taken off on a stretcher after that, and I'm not sorry for saying it.

That being said, I also agree the team should have manned up and played to keep him from doing it.

The big question is, is Mike Shanahan as pissed off as I am? He damn well better be

weazel
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
why would this defense have pride in an old tradition, they dont even have pride in the way they currently play.

Midnight Blue
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM

I rather suspect that (back in the day) Bill Romanowski would have made him pay for that... and it wouldn't have been pretty.

Gamechanger
10-13-2008, 04:32 PM
ehhh.....ya'll wanna take our D-Coord. Ron Meeks? he can at least help ya'll team to learn how to rush a passer, run-stopping however....ehhh....

http://www.firstandsecondcityguys.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JimMora.jpg

i resent that.......:tsk:

Northman
10-13-2008, 04:36 PM
It pisses me off but im sure MJD knows the history of when we beat their ass in the second go round in the playoffs. Houshyourmama did a couple of years ago only to see his team screw up the extra point. But i have to say, if getting upset about a Salute being done by an opposing player is the only reason for you to be upset then something is wrong. Our defense is and has been the laughing stock of the league the last couple of years so i would think something like that would of more incentive to try and stop a team on gameday.

GEM
10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
It pisses me off but im sure MJD knows the history of when we beat their ass in the second go round in the playoffs. Houshyourmama did a couple of years ago only to see his team screw up the extra point. But i have to say, if getting upset about a Salute being done by an opposing player is the only reason for you to be upset then something is wrong. Our defense is and has been the laughing stock of the league the last couple of years so i would think something like that would of more incentive to try and stop a team on gameday.

Hell no that's not the main reason I am pissed about yesterday's game. It just got to me that not one player on that sad excuse for a defense did something to stop him, either on the field with a stop or a major hit to one of his body parts. I was at an 8th grade football game on Saturday and the coach on the other side said our boys were scared. It pissed our players off and from that point on our guys dominated the other team. Not only dominated them, but embarassed them. I just don't see how kids have that, but a bunch of guys who get paid millions don't have it. :tsk:

Hobe
10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
MJD is physically talented, but he behaved like a classless ass on Sunday. One of many in pro-sports. In a few years his legs will give out on him and he will be unceremoniously dumped. Those "buts" tend to stay with you. How many Pro athletes can you think of that have permanent "buts" attached to their careers?

Owens is a good WR, but...
Harrison is a good saftey, but...
Rivers is a good QB, but...

BroncoBJ
10-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I always liked MJD ever since his rookie season when he was on my fantasy team and tore it up :lol:
But after the game yesterday I don't like him any more. I've hated TJ Houshmazada ever since he mile highed us a few years ago.
Though I love when players taunt teams like the Chargers :lol:
But when they do it vs us I get mad. :fight:

Requiem / The Dagda
10-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Maurice Jones-Drew is the truth, representing De La Salle and the Bay Area. He went dummy. That's what they do.

Northman
10-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Hell no that's not the main reason I am pissed about yesterday's game. It just got to me that not one player on that sad excuse for a defense did something to stop him, either on the field with a stop or a major hit to one of his body parts. I was at an 8th grade football game on Saturday and the coach on the other side said our boys were scared. It pissed our players off and from that point on our guys dominated the other team. Not only dominated them, but embarassed them. I just don't see how kids have that, but a bunch of guys who get paid millions don't have it. :tsk:

Actually, i need to clarify something. When i said "you" i meant the defense. They should have more incentive than what MJD is doing to get them fired up. But yea, i agree with you with your other points. :D

ApaOps5
10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I would have like Webster to do what he did to Taylor after his Mile High Salut and poopoo dance.

CrazyHorse
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Maybe he secretly wants to come to Denver.
You know, so he can level Merriman regularly.

BroncoNut
10-14-2008, 01:05 AM
GEM, you suck

shank
10-14-2008, 02:01 AM
GEM, you suck

incorrect

BroncoNut
10-14-2008, 08:21 AM
incorrect

she dissed us at the tailgate

Krugan
10-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Wow, so much distaste for a 10 year old celebration being mocked?

Really, why should this group of players take any offense to a tradition started years ago by a player not in the league any more?

They should be more concerned with not performing little celabratory dances and shakes and the stupid little cross armed crap after the one good play they make a series. They should hang their collective heads for making Gerrard look all world. they should be hitting people in the mouth for having a scheme that puts them out of position and behind the play far to often. They should be screaming war crys for being the worst in the league(my point of view), not retaliating to a stupid salute. That was yesteryear.

Way to much complaining about an irrelevant gesture.

GEM
10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
GEM, you suck

Nut...I spent Sunday in bed. You suck...you should have joined me. :throwrock:

I really wish I could have been there. Puking in Mile High's parking lot just didn't sound like a good time.

BigDaddyBronco
10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Nut...I spent Sunday in bed. You suck...you should have joined me. :throwrock:

I really wish I could have been there. Puking in Mile High's parking lot just didn't sound like a good time.

Frau had her fingernails done for you. :tsk:

You're on notice until we can have a hearing.

GEM
10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow, so much distaste for a 10 year old celebration being mocked?

Really, why should this group of players take any offense to a tradition started years ago by a player not in the league any more?

They should be more concerned with not performing little celabratory dances and shakes and the stupid little cross armed crap after the one good play they make a series. They should hang their collective heads for making Gerrard look all world. they should be hitting people in the mouth for having a scheme that puts them out of position and behind the play far to often. They should be screaming war crys for being the worst in the league(my point of view), not retaliating to a stupid salute. That was yesteryear.

Way to much complaining about an irrelevant gesture.

If it was 10 years of irrelevance, MJD wouldn't have done it.

While I agree that the ball that they are playing is pathetic and should be pissing them off, they also should honor those that played before them. They should be pissed about a lot of things. You just don't let some friggen midget who's had a total of 7 100 yd games in his career come in and do that ish.

GEM
10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Frau had her fingernails done for you. :tsk:

You're on notice until we can have a hearing.

I shall live with my punishment. :tsk:

BigDaddyBronco
10-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I shall live with my punishment. :tsk:
Coming up with your punishment will be fun. :laugh:

topscribe
10-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I would much rather find a defense that keeps people out of the endzone, thean punish the plethera of players that score on us and mock the salute.

That was my first thought. Keep him out of the endzone, and he can't do it.

Simple. :whoknows:

-----

dogfish
10-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Coming up with your punishment will be fun. :laugh:

her punishment is not getting to hang out with cheese. . . . :doh:

there's nothing more you guys can do to her. . . .

BroncoNut
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
This might sound stupid, but who is MJD? Isn't that a beer or something?

CrazyHorse
10-14-2008, 03:06 PM

MGD, Miller Genuine Draft?

GEM
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Maurice Jones Drew, nut. You know that sawed off little midget that kept scoring TD's on us Sunday.... :tsk:

Krugan
10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
If it was 10 years of irrelevance, MJD wouldn't have done it.

While I agree that the ball that they are playing is pathetic and should be pissing them off, they also should honor those that played before them. They should be pissed about a lot of things. You just don't let some friggen midget who's had a total of 7 100 yd games in his career come in and do that ish.

Why, the players on this team, had absolutely nothing to do with that era.

What this is, is people hanging onto something that isnt here anymore. Your making it seem like its remotely relevant. And no, these players DONT need to honor what was here before, respect what the franchise has done, but there is no need for them to honor a gesture, maybe the players.

Added to that, it means something to you, as a fan, but I highly doubt and would back the idea, that it really is nothing to the members of the team.

You, on the other hand, have every right to be upset by it. The players on the team dont have to represent your affection for a past gesture.

GEM
10-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Why, the players on this team, had absolutely nothing to do with that era.

What this is, is people hanging onto something that isnt here anymore. Your making it seem like its remotely relevant. And no, these players DONT need to honor what was here before, respect what the franchise has done, but there is no need for them to honor a gesture, maybe the players.

Added to that, it means something to you, as a fan, but I highly doubt and would back the idea, that it really is nothing to the members of the team.

You, on the other hand, have every right to be upset by it. The players on the team dont have to represent your affection for a past gesture.

I guess this is just another part of the salary cap era. I would expect that they should honor themselves. Have some pride. Perhaps they don't honor that tradition, perhaps to them it means nothing....but they knew what it was. They knew that the gesture was important to the people that pay their salary by buying all their overpriced seats and crap merchandise. Perhaps if it means nothing to them, it should mean nothing to us.

Or perhaps, just once...they should have done what they get paid millions to do and stopped that midget from getting in the endzone, then they wouldn't have had to worry about a tradition that means nothing to them.

Denver27og
10-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Biggups to MJD... hes a little beast

GEM
10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Biggups to MJD... hes a little beast

Made to look a helluva lot better by a crap defense. :shrugs:

Krugan
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I guess this is just another part of the salary cap era. I would expect that they should honor themselves. Have some pride. Perhaps they don't honor that tradition, perhaps to them it means nothing....but they knew what it was. They knew that the gesture was important to the people that pay their salary by buying all their overpriced seats and crap merchandise. Perhaps if it means nothing to them, it should mean nothing to us.

Or perhaps, just once...they should have done what they get paid millions to do and stopped that midget from getting in the endzone, then they wouldn't have had to worry about a tradition that means nothing to them.

I dont think they are worried about a mile high salute. I even hope that this team finds its own celebration, its part of creating your own identity.

Its not safe to assume that these guys dont have pride because they dont put as much weight on a single gesture performed years ago, and why should they?

It was aimed at the fans, the fans have an affection for the "glory days". This team should have stopped him, but they didnt, for the reason of a W. For the chance to hold the trophy that the people remember the saltue for. Would that stupid salute have meant diddly squat to you had it not accompanied 2 super bowls and another good season?

Highly doubtful. The team needs to find something, but I dont think defending the salute is it. Maybe the goal line would be a better choice.

GEM
10-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I dont think they are worried about a mile high salute. I even hope that this team finds its own celebration, its part of creating your own identity.

Its not safe to assume that these guys dont have pride because they dont put as much weight on a single gesture performed years ago, and why should they?

It was aimed at the fans, the fans have an affection for the "glory days". This team should have stopped him, but they didnt, for the reason of a W. For the chance to hold the trophy that the people remember the saltue for. Would that stupid salute have meant diddly squat to you had it not accompanied 2 super bowls and another good season?

Highly doubtful. The team needs to find something, but I dont think defending the salute is it. Maybe the goal line would be a better choice.

They can't even defend 10 yards, I guess I was expecting too much. ;) I see what you mean, I just don't agree. I can disagree and still see your point of view just fine. :D

GEM
10-14-2008, 05:15 PM

Yep, it would. Just like the Orange Crush, just like the 3 Amigos, etc. As a Broncos fan, no matter if they were Super Bowl years are not, it is all cherished to me. :shrugs:

Denver27og
10-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Yep, it would. Just like the Orange Crush, just like the 3 Amigos, etc. As a Broncos fan, no matter if they were Super Bowl years are not, it is all cherished to me. :shrugs:

3 amigos!!! mark jackson vance johnson ricky nattiel... cant forget about white boy michael young!!! haha good times

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
They can't even defend 10 yards, I guess I was expecting too much. ;) I see what you mean, I just don't agree. I can disagree and still see your point of view just fine. :D

They did have goalline stand against the Saints. Unfortunately on the very next play the offense gave up a safety. :tsk:

DenBronx
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
mocking our mile high salute is like terrel owens going to the middle of the field and standing on the star when he was a 49er. it's disrespectfull and as much as i like jones drew you just dont do that. i hate that this defense has no heart or growl to it. romo would have knocked him on his ass for doing that.

im ashamed at our lack luster fans that dont even see why some would be mad about it. go find a new sport....maybe become a golf or bowling fan.

Krugan
10-14-2008, 06:29 PM
mocking our mile high salute is like terrel owens going to the middle of the field and standing on the star when he was a 49er. it's disrespectfull and as much as i like jones drew you just dont do that. i hate that this defense has no heart or growl to it. romo would have knocked him on his ass for doing that.

im ashamed at our lack luster fans that dont even see why some would be mad about it. go find a new sport....maybe become a golf or bowling fan.

What is with people and the assupmtion of someones fandom because they dont feel butt hurt over something that is about the past? My knee jerk reaction was "what the ****", but in the end, its all about showmanship now days, and it needs to be taken with a grain of salt and a sense of humor.

And no, its nothing like standing in the star, the star is the cowboys, the salute was TD, not the same thing. Now if he had ran to mid field and the bronco head was there and he did a little stage show, then yea your right.

Maybe people that are so over hyped over minor things need to find a new sport, like golf or bowling, it may be safer for the health. Its pretty hard to get your panties twisted over a someone licking their bowling ball, after someone else did it...

And for crying out loud, he did exactly what he intended to do, hit the soft spot. Not of the 42 guys in orange'n'blue but the 70,000 in the stands.

I love it, turn a simple argument into a finger pointing at worthyness.

Reidman
10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
I think I would have ran full speed and tackled him in the endzone when I saw him do it...

But I will echo what I'm hearing here...if we don't want our own traditions mocked, then maybe we should try a little harder to keep them out of the endzone.

When are we going to stop making mediocre offenses look so dominating!?!?

KCL
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
FWIW....It's called trash talking.The guy was adding insult to injury.Pouring salt in the wound so to speak.

As a fan (and yes I know the Chiefs suck)...I would have been more upset about the loss instead of some player doing the salute.It was meant to say hey we're beating you and we're doing it in your house...take that!

All players do it.I remember when the Broncos came to KC and kicked the Chiefs ass and DT got all stupid and SS was yelling at the KC fans.."This is our house".It's part of the game.

LRtagger
10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I think I would have ran full speed and tackled him in the endzone when I saw him do it...

What difference would that make? They would have just hit him like a brick wall and bounced off...or whiffed completely.

TXBRONC
10-15-2008, 12:21 PM

But I will echo what I'm hearing here...if we don't want our own traditions mocked, then maybe we should try a little harder to keep them out of the endzone.

When are we going to stop making mediocre offenses look so dominating!?!?

I don't if I would have done that, that would definitely get you kicked out of the game, fined, and more than likely suspended.

Reidman
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't if I would have done that, that would definitely get you kicked out of the game, fined, and more than likely suspended.

The D was pretty much out of the game anyway at that point so might as well get a feeling of satisfaction. (of course I was kidding and would never expect any of our players to do that)

omac
10-15-2008, 11:17 PM

No offense to you, GEM, or to anyone, but I'm not pissed at all that he did the mile high salute; he scored the TD, he could do anything he wants. I'm more pissed that the defense was clueless on that play. He could sing an opera on the endzone on how Denver's defense sucks, and I wouldn't get pissed about it.

If we were calling LT a crybaby for his reaction to the Pats doing a Merriman dance on their midfield logo after beating them in the playoffs, how can we get pissed about this?

We played them tough, much tougher than last season, and they know it. Webster might've even given Taylor a concussion.

Besides, Mojo is pretty cool. He dishes it out, but he also takes it. He talked trash and made a t-shirt wearing bet for his college team, and when they lost, he wore the t-shirt of the opposing team on tv. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Now Rivers, he's just a whiny-s-beach, hehehe. :D

BCJ
10-18-2008, 12:41 AM
busting out the SALUTE 8 years past its expiration date was lame. I am surprised he didnt bust out the Running Man or do the Macarana while he was at it. I mean, how manly can he be when he has two last names? His Daddy didnt want to offend his new wife and decided to have both thier last names together? If that is the case, how can two women marry (at least back then)?

MOtorboat
10-18-2008, 01:47 AM
busting out the SALUTE 8 years past its expiration date was lame. I am surprised he didnt bust out the Running Man or do the Macarana while he was at it. I mean, how manly can he be when he has two last names? His Daddy didnt want to offend his new wife and decided to have both thier last names together? If that is the case, how can two women marry (at least back then)?

Not very good at smack talk are you?

That's not even close to how Maurice Drew became Maurice Jones-Drew. I suggest you look that up before commenting on it again.

The salute has been used in Mile High for some time. Now, do I like that smack from MJD? No. But your comments are both ignorant and stupid.

Reidman
10-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Jones is taken from his Grandfather to honor him, who died of a heart attack while watching him play in college...thus Jones-Drew...in case he was wondering...

Timmy!
10-18-2008, 03:49 AM
I'm gonna catch flak for this, but MJD is a bad ass. So he knew how to piss off the fans, in our house. That just means the guy is smart. He ran at will, and that's on the effense. (what d?).

BCJ
10-18-2008, 06:17 AM
ok, that was bad. But the fact remains that another player doing the salute is old and tiresome and rarely do our players even bust out the mile high salute. As for the last names, bad smack.

DenBronx
12-08-2008, 01:40 AM
old and tired out huh??? bet you bastadges wish you could see this next week. :salute:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/hillis2qc0.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/HillisSalute.jpg

now end dumb debate and stick foot in mouth.

kthnxbynubz