PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time we had a 100 yard rusher?

sneakers
10-13-2008, 03:40 AM
Today was the first time all year long.

Remember when we had a Denver running back who consistently ran for 120+ yards every week? I hate the stupid two-back system!

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 03:48 AM
I don't care if it's 1, 2, 3, or 4 backs, as long as we run the ball successfully.

Retired_Member_001
10-13-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't care if it's 1, 2, 3, or 4 backs, as long as we run the ball successfully.

Think about it though, are we running successfully?

Yes, on the stat sheet, our running game isn't too bad. But that's only because our passing game lights it up. When we NEED to run, our running game is not so great. Pittman clearly is our best running back at this point in time, and he should be given the majority of carries untill someone else wakes up and realizes that they are being paid to run the football.

Our running backs have no excuses, the offensive line has been good.

Npba900
10-13-2008, 07:22 AM
I think Denver's every down back is injured right now. By the end of the season, Torain will get the majority of the carries to show case his skills by week 10. Meanwhile, Pittman will have to be the work horse. Selvin Young has shown he can't stay healthy nor can he move the pile btwn the tackles. If Pittman can hold up and doesn't suddenly show his 33 years of age over the next 5 or 6 weeks, he's the perfect stop gap until Torain gets healthy.

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 08:59 AM
When is the last time we had a defensive lineman that was a regular presence that disrupted the game and 'scared' an opposing QBs and offenses?

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0705/gallery.beards.moustaches/images/alzado.jpg

I do like how Pittman's looked though...he runs 'tough.'