PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Dumervil?

Dro
04-15-2011, 11:22 AM
how is the guy recovering from his injury? I have a few Denver friends and they are telling me that Elway is putting him on the block is this true? if so what would you guys realistically want/get for him?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2011, 11:27 AM
how is the guy recovering from his injury? I have a few Denver friends and they are telling me that Elway is putting him on the block is this true? if so what would you guys realistically want/get for him?

I live in Denver - listen to sports talk shows, read Broncos articles in the Denver Post, AND I have NEVER heard that Dumervil is on the block.

Dro
04-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I live in Denver - listen to sports talk shows, read Broncos articles in the Denver Post, AND I have NEVER heard that Dumervil is on the block.

im glad you clearing it up.. but i do have one friend that works at the stadium.. so idk whether to trust him or not..

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2011, 11:38 AM
im glad you clearing it up.. but i do have one friend that works at the stadium.. so idk whether to trust him or not..

Working at the stadium is much different than being a fly on the wall in John Elway's office at Dove Valley.

Dro
04-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Working at the stadium is much different than being a fly on the wall in John Elway's office at Dove Valley.

im assuming your the insider here?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2011, 11:39 AM
im assuming your the insider here?

No, I just follow the Broncos' news as much as I can.

Dro
04-15-2011, 11:44 AM
i was hoping he was right.. since you guys are running back to the 4-3.. hoping he would be a casualty since my team is 4-3 and needing a OLB badddddddddd. And our coach actually drafted Elvis.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
i was hoping he was right.. since you guys are running back to the 4-3.. hoping he would be a casualty since my team is 4-3 and needing a OLB badddddddddd. And our coach actually drafted Elvis.

So - you are a fan of the Redskins?

GEM
04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Yea....I'd want a good Defensive draftee of Shanny's....he usually didn't hit too many home runs on that side of the ball. :lol:

It's unfortunate that Doom got the great contract, then got hurt and now we are going 4-3. Hopefully he can still shine. Otherwise we might be forced to make a move.

Dro
04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
So - you are a fan of the Redskins?

yes :tsk:

dogfish
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I have a few Denver friends and they are telling me that Elway is putting him on the block is this true?

not happening, sorry. . .

:welcome:

dogfish
04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
the guy had twenty ****in' sacks his first two years in the 4-3, not to mention leading the NCAA his last year playing in that scheme IIRC. . .

when are people going to stop acting like '09 was his only good year of football?

he had his highest sack total that year as a result of continued development as a player, and having the best defensive coordinator he'd ever played for-- it wasn't just a 34 thing. . . over half of those sacks came from the DE position in a four-man line in our nickel package anyway. . .

claymore
04-15-2011, 12:14 PM
the guy had twenty ****in' sacks his first two years in the 4-3, not to mention leading the NCAA his last year playing in that scheme IIRC. . .

when are people going to stop acting like '09 was his only good year of football?

When he isnt the lone bright spot on our team I think it wont seem like such a fluke. JMO. I used to Love him till we paid him like we did.

dogfish
04-15-2011, 12:15 PM
When he isnt the lone bright spot on our team I think it wont seem like such a fluke. JMO. I used to Love him till we paid him like we did.

clay, don't go all JR on me-- i can't take that. . .

claymore
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
clay, don't go all JR on me-- i can't take that. . . Sorry Dog. Not saying he isnt good. Just that, its hard to see a diamond in a pile of doo doo.

Lonestar
04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
That has never been my position Dog not to worry.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
04-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Not to worry mikey would not know what to do with a defensive player other than maybe try to make him into a TE or something offensive.

Ahahahhahahaha

KCL
04-15-2011, 12:53 PM
yes :tsk:

why this ----------------> :tsk:

I Eat Staples
04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
why this ----------------> :tsk:

He's a Skins fan. He's probably had that face for the past decade.

On a serious note, I agree with Clay. Doom is good and all, but we payed him more than he's worth.

KCL
04-15-2011, 07:36 PM
wow..another mikey and joshy thread? :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
04-15-2011, 07:39 PM
wow..another mikey and joshy thread? :rolleyes:

You're right it's pathetic.

Thanks for the reality check :salute:

KCL
04-15-2011, 07:45 PM
You're right it's pathetic.

Thanks for the reality check :salute:

Well it looks like it was turned in to a JR thread first...then the latter.
Oh well..carry on..:salute:

KCL
04-15-2011, 07:47 PM
So as was stated..this is just a rumor...well no surprise there...;)

TXBRONC
04-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Well it looks like it was turned in to a JR thread first...then the latter.
Oh well..carry on..:salute:

I deleted my response to his post.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2011, 08:29 PM
So as was stated..this is just a rumor...well no surprise there...;)

If it is something more than a rumor, things have been very hush hush in Denver town. Yeah, it would appear to be nothing more than a rumor.

underrated29
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM

he had his highest sack total that year as a result of continued development as a player, and having the best defensive coordinator he'd ever played for-- it wasn't just a 34 thing. . . over half of those sacks came from the DE position in a four-man line in our nickel package anyway. . .

Amen!!

I do not know why people keep thinking that we might have to cut him loose or some dumb shit like that. I see it all the time.

DRO- There are NO rumors, there never have been, he is not on the block and never will be. Your friends are full of shit. Sorry.

We did not overpay for doom. Also not sure why we keep hearing that too. He is/was the best in the league and has only been in the league like 5 years or so. Plus it is not any of you paying his checks not sure why you would even care. Sack leader, pro bowler, no offield concerns, team player, and he also gets a lot of holding calls against him. That is worth what we paid.

Dzone
04-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Ruptured pec. How likely is that thing to rip clean thru again?..and will it ever be strong enough for NFL combat?

Dzone
04-15-2011, 08:47 PM
He is/was the best in the league and has only been in the league like 5 years or so. Plus it is not any of you paying his checks not sure why you would even care. Sack leader, pro bowler, no offield concerns, team player, and he also gets a lot of holding calls against him. That is worth what we paid.
The guy really was awesome. Hope he can make a full comeback

TXBRONC
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM

That's not something I've heard.

LordTrychon
04-15-2011, 09:47 PM
That's not something I've heard.

You have now!

TXBRONC
04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
You have now!

True, but I haven't read it in the DP or some other sport media outlet.

underrated29
04-15-2011, 09:56 PM
True, but I haven't read it in the DP or some other sport media outlet.

Because it does not exist. It never did. Just that one guy said it. Even Bleacher Report, the worst place for any kind of news thoughts or otherwise has not stooped that low.

LordTrychon
04-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Because it does not exist. It never did. Just that one guy said it. Even Bleacher Report, the worst place for any kind of news thoughts or otherwise has not stooped that low.

They will soon. Where do you think they get their crappy...er... I mean their news?

dogfish
04-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Ruptured pec. How likely is that thing to rip clean thru again?..and will it ever be strong enough for NFL combat?

should have a full recovery and be as strong as new-- he's had more than sufficient time for it to heal. . . other NFL athletes have certainly had it, and i can't remember it ever being a long term problem. . .

underrated29
04-16-2011, 12:49 AM
steve hitchison, kevin mawae and that one guy we got from the lions on the DL a few years back, like '05 season I think. I believe- could totally be wrong on this, that they all had the torn pec thing.

Shananahan
04-16-2011, 01:12 AM
On a serious note, I agree with Clay. Doom is good and all, but we payed him more than he's worth.
Only in retrospect, though. Had the defense stayed in a 3-4 his consistent pass rush would be worth the contract. Doom is one of the only players I've ever seen who, when really pinning his ears back after the QB, will either be held or get a sack every time.

claymore
04-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Only in retrospect, though. Had the defense stayed in a 3-4 his consistent pass rush would be worth the contract. Doom is one of the only players I've ever seen who, when really pinning his ears back after the QB, will either be held or get a sack every time.

Ive never seen a player blatantly held so much, or I didnt pay attention as much. Either way... The dude gets held alot.

LordTrychon
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Ive never seen a player blatantly held so much, or I didnt pay attention as much. Either way... The dude gets held alot.

It's his long arms. They scream 'Grab me! Hold me!'

jhildebrand
04-16-2011, 12:43 PM

I would think that makes his accomplishments that much more impressive. Afterall, Dumervil doesn't have the talent around him that Ware has and he has similar numbers.

:2cents:

dogfish
04-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I would think that makes his accomplishments that much more impressive. Afterall, Dumervil doesn't have the talent around him that Ware has and he has similar numbers.

:2cents:

clay resents elvis and champ because they can't play 2-on-11 and whup the other team. . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM

uh, ok...

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad196/hotlikehell/GIF/61886groundhogsm.gif

TXBRONC
04-16-2011, 05:00 PM

Being 5'11" doesn't hurt either.

claymore
04-17-2011, 04:44 AM
clay resents elvis and champ because they can't play 2-on-11 and whup the other team. . . .

I resent Champ because i think Portis would have done us alot more good than Champ has.

Doom, Im just down on our Defense I guess.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
I resent Champ because i think Portis would have done us alot more good than Champ has.

Doom, Im just down on our Defense I guess.

Oh, I don't know about that. Portis might not be in the league next year, and hasn't been an elite back for a few years now.

Additionally, we got a fairly high pick out of the deal too. I think it was a 2nd rounder. IMO, we took the Skins for a ride.

Shananahan
04-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Maybe you should resent Portis, then, since was the guy who caused the trade.

Lonestar
04-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes poorti$$ has been to more pro bowls than champ has, played in more games and has been a better locker room influence.

Iirc poortis called DEN a cow town and that he hated it here.
Something to hang ones hat on noses anyone else think that he would have gotten out of town some other way had Champ not been available.