PDA

View Full Version : Positives From Today's Game

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 01:34 AM
1. The offensive line continues to amaze me. No sacks again, and not many pressures. 5.7 yards/rush.

2. Glen Martinez did a very good job returning punts. 15.7 yard average.

3. Brett Kern and Matt Prater continue to look solid.

4. Champ is still Champ. Even when teams refuse to throw at him, he makes his presence felt in the running game.

5. Pittman was solid, and ran hard as always.

6. Kick coverage was very good once again.

7. The D had 2 sacks, (which for most D's would be average to poor), and they did create 2 turnovers.

Anything else?

Italianmobstr7
10-13-2008, 01:59 AM
On a crucial 3rd down Jay took the game in to his hands, juked 3 defenders and picked up the first down. Brandon Marshall had one of the best runs after catch I've ever seen in the 4th quarter on our TD drive. Glen Martinez did a good job catching the ball as well as punt returning. No passes towards Champ...again...but he still makes great plays in the run game. Michael Pittman looked like the RB we've been looking for all season, I can't wait to see Torain run.

Crush05
10-13-2008, 02:07 AM
1. The offensive line continues to amaze me. No sacks again, and not many pressures. 5.7 yards/rush.

2. Glen Martinez did a very good job returning punts. 15.7 yard average.

3. Brett Kern and Matt Prater continue to look solid.

4. Champ is still Champ. Even when teams refuse to throw at him, he makes his presence felt in the running game.

5. Pittman was solid, and ran hard as always.

6. Kick coverage was very good once again.

7. The D had 2 sacks, (which for most D's would be average to poor), and they did create 2 turnovers.

Anything else?

:laugh:"3. Brett Kern and Matt Prater continue to look solid." MAybe Prater did but Kerns kicks were subpar IMO!!

Magnificent Seven
10-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Ryan Clady has amazed me. Great protector.

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 03:00 AM
:laugh:"3. Brett Kern and Matt Prater continue to look solid." MAybe Prater did but Kerns kicks were subpar IMO!!

Well since he's on pace to break the all time Broncos punting average, I'll stick with my opinion.
Today's game: Brett Kern gross average: 48 yards per punt. Net average 44.5 yards per punt. What exactly is subpar about that?

LoyalSoldier
10-13-2008, 03:12 AM

Um.....

4 punts for an average of 48 yards (Very good average) and a net average of 39.5. Not bad at all.

Considering he is top 10 in both yards and net yards I say he is punting very well.

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Um.....

4 punts for an average of 48 yards (Very good average) and a net average of 39.5. Not bad at all.

Considering he is top 10 in both yards and net yards I say he is punting very well.

I came up with a net of 44.5 today, but either way he is having a great year. He was 6th in the NFL coming into today in both gross and net punting average, and he's just a rookie.

topscribe
10-13-2008, 04:00 AM
Nate Webster. Impressive today, he could do no wrong.

I was very unhappy with Webster on that short TD run where he went for the
runner's head. He should have driven through the body. Other than that,
however, he was everywhere. This seemed mostly a very good game for him.

-----

MasterShake
10-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Despite the fact that many believe we were "bullied", I thought our D smacked some mouths yesterday. Webster jarring the ball out in the 1st qtr should have been a huge momentum shift if the Offense didn't fumble on the very next play. I wasn't expecting to win EVERY game this year, and this is one I thought we would lose by a lot more.

LRtagger
10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
We are still 4-2 at this point where as most of us thought we would be 3-3 or even 2-4 going into week 7. As bad as our defense has looked, we were still in that game yesterday and should have won if not for a couple careless plays.

If we can come out of the bye week 100% healthy, we could make a great run at the division title and hopefully carry some momentum into the playoffs.

jrelway
10-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Cladys and the O line beasted out. Special teams played good. Other than that, i saw no other positives.

underrated29
10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
WE HAVE SEen that a strong runner like pittman/torian (<-hopefully) are the type of runners our system needs. Not quick little speedy guys.

We still put up about 300-400 yards with all our turnovers and stupid plays.

We only need to draft defense, except maybe a Center.

Drill-N-Fill
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
WE HAVE SEen that a strong runner like pittman/torian (<-hopefully) are the type of runners our system needs. Not quick little speedy guys.

We still put up about 300-400 yards with all our turnovers and stupid plays.

We only need to draft defense, except maybe a Center.

As long as we get no freakin tweaners on defense...I'll be happy.

Kapaibro
10-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Going to bed at the start of the 2nd half meant I got more sleep before work.

Yep, that's the positive for me.

Ziggy
10-13-2008, 12:43 PM
On another note, I thought Marcus Thomas was the one D-lineman that held his own and actually had a good game.

LoyalSoldier
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I came up with a net of 44.5 today, but either way he is having a great year. He was 6th in the NFL coming into today in both gross and net punting average, and he's just a rookie.

NFL.com has him listed as 39.5

Ziggy
10-14-2008, 01:02 PM
NFL.com has him listed as 39.5

You're right. I'm not sure where I got my number from. Old age maybe?