PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos Continue to Have the Same Problem

spikerman
10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
It's been the same for years now, but Denver simply cannot compete with teams that are physical up front. I know the turnovers are killing the team today, but the problem is amplified when the front four continue to get manhandled. Also, can someone send a memo to Dre Bly to remind him that it would be helpful if he would cover somebody? Thanks.

I blame the uniforms. They don't exactly exude toughness. We should go to all black. :D

Northman
10-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Tampa was a physical team as well. Our biggest problem today is the turnovers which killed us against K.C and almost cost us the Saints and Chargers game. Jax cannot stop our offense unless of course we keep giving them gifts. If we play the way we know we are capable of playing in the second half we should be able to win this game.

LRtagger
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
minus the 3 TO's we really havent been THAT bad. We were marching up and down the field at will until we started getting careless with the football.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Tampa was a physical team as well. Our biggest problem today is the turnovers which killed us against K.C and almost cost us the Saints and Chargers game. Jax cannot stop our offense unless of course we keep giving them gifts. If we play the way we know we are capable of playing in the second half we should be able to win this game.Tampa is not as physical this year as they have been in the past. They rely more on speed than being bullish up front. Denver should be easily blowing this team out. The offense definitely has issues, but does anybody on here actually think that the Denver defense will stop Jacksonville when it matters? I wish I was more optimistic, but the back seven flying to the ball doesn't help if the front four continues to get dominated.

LRtagger
10-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Tampa is not as physical this year as they have been in the past. They rely more on speed than being bullish up front. Denver should be easily blowing this team out. The offense definitely has issues, but does anybody on here actually think that the Denver defense will stop Jacksonville when it matters? I wish I was more optimistic, but the back seven flying to the ball doesn't help if the front four continues to get dominated.

Did you happen to catch the TB vs Car game today? TB is a very physical team.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 04:43 PM
minus the 3 TO's we really havent been THAT bad. We were marching up and down the field at will until we started getting careless with the football.

Offensively, they have been moving the ball fine, but it comes from a lot of pass plays and misdirection. I would like to see our beloved team eventually have a team that can line up man to man on both sides of the ball and take it to the opponent.

LRtagger
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Offensively, they have been moving the ball fine, but it comes from a lot of pass plays and misdirection. I would like to see our beloved team eventually have a team that can line up man to man on both sides of the ball and take it to the opponent.

Maybe we are watching two seperate games, but our o-line is dominating up front. Jay has had plenty of time and Pittman has had gaping holes to run through.

Now our d-line, that is another story.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Did you happen to catch the TB vs Car game today? TB is a very physical team.I did catch it (thank you Sunday Ticket! :D) They are opportunistic and they are more physical than Denver, but they are not what they were in the past. Denver is now more like those teams of the 80s. When they go against very physical opponents, they can't stand up.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe we are watching two seperate games, but our o-line is dominating up front. Jay has had plenty of time and Pittman has had gaping holes to run through.

Now our d-line, that is another story.
My main focus in this thread is the defensive line, but I still think it's time for Denver to start focusing on size and strength up front rather than speed on both sides of the ball.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I really was hoping I was wrong about this thread. :ohwell:

Bronco4ever
10-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I did catch it (thank you Sunday Ticket! :D) They are opportunistic and they are more physical than Denver, but they are not what they were in the past. Denver is now more like those teams of the 80s. When they go against very physical opponents, they can't stand up.

I would say that we fare well against teams that ARE physical. What we get burned at is speed, and any team with speed on it kills us. MJD has burned us bad this week like we have in the past with Sproles, Bush, ect.

hamrob
10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Jay Cutler and Brondon Marshall lost this game. Period! For all the hype...they haven't played worth a crap the last 3-weeks!

The defense was the only reason we were in this game.

Our Safeties suck.

Jay doesn't know what to do...unless it is to telegraph BM!

They stunk up the place today!!!

LoyalSoldier
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Anyone who says the Jags played a great defensive game is kidding themselves. Our offense had the edge and kept giving it away. We over threw a wide open WR in the endzone, fumbled in the redzone, and dropped easily catchable balls.

Even near the end the defense held against the Jags for several drives in a row and our offense made stupid plays to kill the drive.

This was a game we let get away from us.

CrazyHorse
10-12-2008, 06:18 PM
INJURIES??!
Yes, same problem as last year.
No Royal
No Scheffler
No Young
No Stokely

nj10
10-12-2008, 06:28 PM
The problem today was the officiating.

Bronco Bible
10-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Jay Cutler and Brondon Marshall lost this game. Period! For all the hype...they haven't played worth a crap the last 3-weeks!

Our Safeties suck.

I have to somewhat agree Jay acts like Brandon is the only viable(sp) receiver out there, I saw a pass he tried to force to BM when D. Graham was wide open:tsk:

Ziggy
10-12-2008, 06:30 PM

Our Safeties suck.

Yes, and the fat that we gave up 415 yards to the 26th ranked offense in the NFL has nothing to do with it. Or that we gave 155 yards rushing, or the fact that we gave up another ridiculous completion rate (73%), or the fact that we couldn't get a stop when we needed it. You betcha.

CrazyHorse
10-12-2008, 06:31 PM

Now paging Ed Hochuli...

LoyalSoldier
10-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Yes, and the fat that we gave up 415 yards to the 26th ranked offense in the NFL has nothing to do with it. Or that we gave 155 yards rushing, or the fact that we gave up another ridiculous completion rate (73%), or the fact that we couldn't get a stop when we needed it. You betcha.

No as a matter of fact we got 3 stops when we needed it. In the 4th quarter we stoped the Jags 3 times in a row. The problem is we didn't get 3 TDs when we needed it. Out of 3 stops only one resulted in a scoring drive.

Can't put that one on the defense.

CrazyHorse
10-12-2008, 06:35 PM
No as a matter of fact we got 3 stops when we needed it. In the 4th quarter we stoped the Jags 3 times in a row. The problem is we didn't get 3 TDs when we needed it. Out of 3 stops only one resulted in a scoring drive.

Can't put that one on the defense.

Exactly. Without injuries or turnovers we likely win this game. Probably quite handily.

TXBRONC
10-12-2008, 06:49 PM
It's been the same for years now, but Denver simply cannot compete with teams that are physical up front. I know the turnovers are killing the team today, but the problem is amplified when the front four continue to get manhandled. Also, can someone send a memo to Dre Bly to remind him that it would be helpful if he would cover somebody? Thanks.

I blame the uniforms. They don't exactly exude toughness. We should go to all black. :D

I disagree Spikerman our problem today wasn't that we couldn't compete with a physical team. To me it looked like we did. Five turnovers is (pardon me ladies) a nut buster.

dogfish
10-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Our Safeties suck.

no, they did not "stink up the place"-- that's hyperbole, don't be a drama queen and throw two of our best players under the bus because they made some mistakes. . . :rolleyes:

we all saw the turnovers, and it's hard to say that they didn't cost us the game. . . however, did you also notice that aside from pittman those two were the only ones making plays on offense? on what was CLEARLY not his best day, cutler still threw two touchdowns, moved the ball well, and converted several first downs with his legs. . . and marshall went for about a hundred yards, and fought like hell for extra yardage, so don't tell me he stunk because of one bad play. . . :tsk:

yes, i hate to see jay continue to force the ball to marshall, but it is kinda tough when your # 2 receiver is out, your # 3 receiver is out, your best receiving TE is out AND your most dangerous pass-catching RB is out (note i said "most dangerous," not most productive this year). . . sure, he may have missed open guys on a few plays (even the best QBs do sometimes), but for the most part it's not like dan graham and glen martinez are exactly running free in the secondary on a regular basis. . . cutler was off today, he made some poor choices, and we lost-- just part of the continuing maturation process of a young quarterback. . .

:shrugs:

don't get me wrong, i'm in no way saying they don't deserve criticism for their careless turnovers-- ALL of our young offensive stars need to learn that to not carry the football like a freakin' loaf of bread. . . :tsk: the coaching staff needs to absolutely hammer that into their heads, way too many times this year we've had guys running with the ball just waving it around gripped loosely in one hand. . . but i hate to see our young stars get bashed when they played their guts out on a day where we were far from full strength. . .

i agree with your comment about the safeties-- those guys should be embarrassed to cash their game checks from today. . . but the defense as a whole still wasn't anything special today. . . it was nice to see a few turnovers, and they did come up with one stop that gave us a chance late, but they continue to be plagued by big plays, leaky run defense, and ZERO pressure on opposing passers. . .

honestly, i DO see some signs of improvement, but it's not nearly enough. . .

BOO!

spoken like a san diego fan. . . that phantom PI sucked balls, and pretty much put the game away, but it's not like we didn't win one because of a blown call earlier in the year. . . it all evens out eventually. . .

nevcraw
10-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Our Safeties suck.

Bring back Griese.. no wait.. Plummer... bring back Al and let him play QB.. can't belive the broncos dumped poor Al... we suck.. year is over.. I hate myself.. shanny sux. Slowick sux.. should have kept portis.... blah, blah, blah.........

shit happens ladies.. onto the Pats....

Dean
10-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Our defense has played a total of one game so far this year. We have some names to put on the field at safety, D-line, and MLB (at timwes) but we lack players.

If we are to win games this year, the load will be on the backs of the offense. Between poor ball security, interceptions, dropped passes, and overthrows; we can't get it done.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2008, 07:12 PM
I disagree Spikerman our problem today wasn't that we couldn't compete with a physical team. To me it looked like we did. Five turnovers is (pardon me ladies) a nut buster.

So far this year, we are minus 5 in turnover ratio

gobroncsnv
10-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah, to blame this one on the officiating means you only saw the one play. We actually got a holding penalty called on the Jags today, so that is a real breakthrough in itself.

This was a loss by the O and the D. and it was all a problem of holding. us holding onto the ball, and not holding the Jag's run game.

In another thread, Omac brought up about having one difference maker can really turn the defense around. Looks like that guy hasn't shown up yet. Thomas is trying to come on, but he ain't no Haynesworth yet.

Jay has to learn to tuck the ball better, and also do his check downs. None of us are going to care if Marshall leads the league in receptions if we miss third down conversions because he's triple covered, and Graham is wide open. Daniel caught every ball (1) thrown at him today, for 6. If we can't get it to him when he's getting as open as he is, we are just not taking advantage of what the d gives us.

On the d, we looked better rushing with 3-4 than 4-3. Still, not nearly what you could call pressure, let alone consistent pressure. Bet we'd have lost the TOP game even without the turnovers.

The boys are going to have to practice tomorrow, and looks like they'll need it. I think we'll still need help taking this division, 'cause we have let 2 teams that we could have beaten off the hook, both our offense and our defense. Last three games, each has been fairly ordinary.

G_Money
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
If we know the defense is gonna be average, then every week it's on the offense to win the games. That means red-zone appearances have to turn into touchdowns, not field goals or turnovers. It'd be nice to have a consistent running game, but it almost feels like we're still afraid to trust it. Whether that's a lack of faith in the back running it (and seeing very little of Hall today makes me nervous) or a lack of faith in the blockers to have mastered the complex scheme yet I dunno. But I'm seeing a lot of passing in short yardage situations still...which is fine when the #1-4 receivers are on the field, but when it's #1,#5 and #6 I start to wonder.

We ran for yards today, but it seemed very out of sync.

Our offense needs to be in sync. Especially if our D is hanging in there and getting them the ball back, we NEED our offense to convert and give the D some belief. It's not a strong unit. The weapons are on offense.

We want the defense doing enough to force punts and the offense scoring TDs. I don't want the defense feeling like they have to make a super play, because then they're likely to make no play at all as they go for the INT or the big hit instead of the sure tackle. Watching our safeties fall all over each other out there today only reinforced that for me.

The defense needs to play within themselves, and the offense needs to be a juggernaut. All this foot-shooting isn't gonna cut it if we want to go anywhere this year.

We're not a strong enough team to survive those mistakes.

~G

spikerman
10-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I disagree Spikerman our problem today wasn't that we couldn't compete with a physical team. To me it looked like we did. Five turnovers is (pardon me ladies) a nut buster.Today wasn't the only game that made me come to this conclusion. It was just another example of the issue. Every time a team wants to step up and punch our boys in the mouth, they seem successful. I agree that today, and in fact the past couple of weeks, the offense has been a bigger problem, but does any Bronco fan really have faith that this defense can stand tall and get physical enough to shut down an opposing team when it has to? Don't even get me started on the missed tackles.

Hell, they could pay me half of what they're paying these guys now and I could go out there and not tackle guys too. They'd be saving money! :D

Btw, what's the over/under on how many times Boss Bailey will be nicked up during the next game? Put me in for the over.

Sorry for the ranting. I'm just a frustrated fan who has seen the same crap for years now and the team seems to be doing precious little to fix it.

Ziggy
10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
If we know the defense is gonna be average, then every week it's on the offense to win the games. That means red-zone appearances have to turn into touchdowns, not field goals or turnovers. It'd be nice to have a consistent running game, but it almost feels like we're still afraid to trust it. Whether that's a lack of faith in the back running it (and seeing very little of Hall today makes me nervous) or a lack of faith in the blockers to have mastered the complex scheme yet I dunno. But I'm seeing a lot of passing in short yardage situations still...which is fine when the #1-4 receivers are on the field, but when it's #1,#5 and #6 I start to wonder.

We ran for yards today, but it seemed very out of sync.

Our offense needs to be in sync. Especially if our D is hanging in there and getting them the ball back, we NEED our offense to convert and give the D some belief. It's not a strong unit. The weapons are on offense.

We want the defense doing enough to force punts and the offense scoring TDs. I don't want the defense feeling like they have to make a super play, because then they're likely to make no play at all as they go for the INT or the big hit instead of the sure tackle. Watching our safeties fall all over each other out there today only reinforced that for me.

The defense needs to play within themselves, and the offense needs to be a juggernaut. All this foot-shooting isn't gonna cut it if we want to go anywhere this year.

We're not a strong enough team to survive those mistakes.

~G

I'd settle for an average defense. Let me know when we get one.

G_Money
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Well you're not wrong. 29th in ypg and 25th in ppg. Didn't mean to imply that our defensive woes have been solved because we're playing the Chiefs and the Jags instead of teams that can throw the ball all over the field on us and make us look even worse.

So I guess I should say "not going to be any better than average." We ASPIRE to mediocrity on that side of the ball.

So the offense had better be great - and stay great.

~G

Ziggy
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM

Great post Spikerman. When your offense cuts the lead to 7 points with over 5 minutes left and you are playing at home, your D has to force a punt or turnover. Ours can do neither, because they were once again bullied and manhandled on the defensive side of the ball, despite the fact that Jacksonville was playing with 2 backups on thier O-line. 416 yards and 4.7 yards rushing per attempt against a horrible offense. This defense has a way of making bad offenses look like all star teams.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Great post Spikerman. When your offense cuts the lead to 7 points with over 5 minutes left and you are playing at home, your D has to force a punt or turnover. Ours can do neither, because they were once again bullied and manhandled on the defensive side of the ball, despite the fact that Jacksonville was playing with 2 backups on thier O-line. 416 yards and 4.7 yards rushing per attempt against a horrible offense. This defense has a way of making bad offenses look like all star teams.I can't say it any better than this. :salute:

LoyalSoldier
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Great post Spikerman. When your offense cuts the lead to 7 points with over 5 minutes left and you are playing at home, your D has to force a punt or turnover. Ours can do neither, because they were once again bullied and manhandled on the defensive side of the ball, despite the fact that Jacksonville was playing with 2 backups on thier O-line. 416 yards and 4.7 yards rushing per attempt against a horrible offense. This defense has a way of making bad offenses look like all star teams.

Again you keep obfuscating facts to make your point the defense sucks. First of all the offense scored their last TD with 10 minutes to go. Second the defense made a stop with 6:50 to go and the ball was on the Den 30 after the punt. The offense had a shot after scoring that TD and they only made 4 YARDS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drivechart?game_id=29611&displayPage=tab_drive_chart&season=2008&week=REG6&override=true

Look for yourself. Don't pin that on the defense because they made the stops we needed and the offense didn't do anything with it.

Anyone who says we didn't get stops in the 4th quarter is in denial.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Again you keep obfuscating facts to make your point the defense sucks. First of all the offense scored their last TD with 10 minutes to go. Second the defense made a stop with 6:50 to go and the ball was on the Den 30 after the punt. The offense had a shot after scoring that TD and they only made 4 YARDS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drivechart?game_id=29611&displayPage=tab_drive_chart&season=2008&week=REG6&override=true

Look for yourself. Don't pin that on the defense because they made the stops we needed and the offense didn't do anything with it.

Anyone who says we didn't get stops in the 4th quarter is in denial.

Ummm.. what about Jacksonville's last drive? They got the ball with over 3:00 left. A stop there would have been great, but not surprisingly the defense couldn't stand up and make them punt. Yes, the offense sucked, but that doesn't mean the defense didn't suck also.

Northman
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM

Look for yourself. Don't pin that on the defense because they made the stops we needed.

Amazing how people miss this fact. After the D did make the stand with 6 minutes left they went 3 and out (which would of been a game tying score). If the offense doesnt turn the ball over 3 times in the first half (twice in the opponent territory) thats at least 6 points or 14 points left off the board. I find it very disturbing that not only are we turning the ball over but we do it deep in the opponents end. Again, the defense isnt perfect but when they do try and they do make the stops necessary the offense needs to make the opponent pay. Not too mention, we already knew that the offense was going to be the crutch of this team so not taking care of the ball only adds more pressure to an already struggling defense. Its not rocket science to figure this out about this team this year.

LoyalSoldier
10-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Ummm.. what about Jacksonville's last drive? They got the ball with over 3:00 left. A stop there would have been great, but not surprisingly the defense couldn't stand up and make them punt. Yes, the offense sucked, but that doesn't mean the defense didn't suck also.

Even if we got a stop there what good would it have done us if the offense was only going to gain another 2 yards?

After Denver scored the defense held the Jags to 15 yards and got the ball back. The offense proceeded to move the ball 4 whopping yard.

That was the offense's chance and they blew it. The defense stopped the Jags on 3 possessions in a row in the 4th and the offense had drives of 2, 32, and 4 yards. I don't care how good your defense is if your offense can't get a first down there is no way you are coming back.

broncogirl7
10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, this just sucks...few observations...
I hate 4-3 defense. It didn't work against the Jags. We should've taken Engelberger out. He just can't make the plays. We did better when we were running a 3-4 defense and had Winborn in.
Injuries killed us.
I know Jay loves to hit Marshall, but he can't do it all.
Turn-overs and a few bad calls were game enders for us.
I did like what Jay said afterwards. He was remaining positive and upbeat which is what we need.

Northman
10-12-2008, 10:04 PM
We did better when we were running a 3-4 defense and had Winborn in.

Actually, the 3-4 is worse. The best defense for this team is when they add the mixed blitzing in like they did against Tampa.

spikerman
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Even if we got a stop there what good would it have done us if the offense was only going to gain another 2 yards?

After Denver scored the defense held the Jags to 15 yards and got the ball back. The offense proceeded to move the ball 4 whopping yard.

That was the offense's chance and they blew it. The defense stopped the Jags on 3 consecutive possessions in a row in the 4th and the offense had drives of 2, 32, and 4 yards.

True, Denver might have gone 3 and out on offense. Unfortunately, we never got the chance to find out. I'm totally agreeing with you that most of the problems today were caused by the offense. This thread is about more than the game today. The only point I'm trying to make is that on every team the defense has to compensate for offensive mistakes occasionally. This team has not shown the ability to do that and they haven't been able to do that for years. At some point you would think Denver's coaches would get tired of players having "career" or "bounce back" days against the Broncos' defense (ie: Garrard and Huard).

I think I'm most disheartened by the fact that the same weaknesses never seem to get addressed in the off season. For instance, everybody knew Denver was weak on the DL, but they did not even address the DL in the draft until the 5th round. That tells me that the team didn't really consider it a priority and trading for a DT with one healthy leg doesn't instill a lot of confidence either. For once, it would be nice if it was the Broncos who were the ones pushing the other team around.

b_logan
10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
They need to find a way to pressure the QB. Any QB in this league can look great with all day in the pocket...

Jay Cutler needs to take his eyes off Marshall for a couple plays, he is a great WR, but the defense figured that one real quick like.

With the 29th ranked defense, we are going to need a whole lot more out of the offense or we can see this scene again many more times this season....bring back the play calling from week one.

KCL
10-12-2008, 10:23 PM
That first fumble by Cutler,was he just holding the ball with 1 hand when it was knocked loose? I watched the highlights but couldn't tell from that.

broncogirl7
10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Actually, the 3-4 is worse. The best defense for this team is when they add the mixed blitzing in like they did against Tampa.

I did like the mixed blitzing against Tampa, but with a 4-3 front they know what's coming and with a 3-4 they don't.

Today with the 4-3...it didn't work as well as when Winborn was in on a 3-4.
JMO.

LoyalSoldier
10-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I did like the mixed blitzing against Tampa, but with a 4-3 front they know what's coming and with a 3-4 they don't.

Today with the 4-3...it didn't work as well as when Winborn was in on a 3-4.
JMO.

I did actually notice the Broncos were getting off the line better in a 3-4 than a 4-3.

gobroncsnv
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
That first fumble by Cutler,was he just holding the ball with 1 hand when it was knocked loose? I watched the highlights but couldn't tell from that.

He had a good enough grip for a loaf of bread, but unfortunately, you can't squeeze a football that hard... It was a combination of a great play by the defender, waiting until his arm swing would be enough to knock the ball loose, and bringing it down with pretty much perfect timing, and of course, Jay making like a previous Denver QB, trying to make a play, and not taking care of the ball.

Broncolingus
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
It's been the same for years now, but Denver simply cannot compete with teams that are physical up front. I know the turnovers are killing the team today, but the problem is amplified when the front four continue to get manhandled. :D

...the answer to ALL over Denver's problems over the past 6-8 seasons and why Denver cannot win division titles, win in the post season, and sure as shit win the Super Bowl.

Nothing to discuss further...

Npba900
10-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Exactly. Without injuries or turnovers we likely win this game. Probably quite handily.

Jay was missing 3 WR's who were nicked up. Fortunately, the season is still early and these guys have a chance to get healthy.

Npba900
10-13-2008, 05:45 AM
Amazing how people miss this fact. After the D did make the stand with 6 minutes left they went 3 and out (which would of been a game tying score). If the offense doesnt turn the ball over 3 times in the first half (twice in the opponent territory) thats at least 6 points or 14 points left off the board. I find it very disturbing that not only are we turning the ball over but we do it deep in the opponents end. Again, the defense isnt perfect but when they do try and they do make the stops necessary the offense needs to make the opponent pay. Not too mention, we already knew that the offense was going to be the crutch of this team so not taking care of the ball only adds more pressure to an already struggling defense. Its not rocket science to figure this out about this team this year.

Good points. The turn overs by the offense against KC and now Jax, are reasons for Denver's 4-2 start. Not to make excuses for the offense not being able to sustain drives in the 2nd half, but Jay was w/o his 3 starting WR's....and that didn't help matters much at all either. Cutler needs Royal, Stokely, and Scheffler(sp) back healthy!

BroncoJoe
10-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I think that Marshall fumble on the 7 yard line took something out of the team. What could have been a 14-3 lead turned into a 10-7 deficit.

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Turnovers have been an issue...no doubt (seriously).

...regardless of turnovers, though, I just can't understand why QBs like Gerrard and Huard and so many others look like All-Pro's week after week ONLY against the Bronco's.

Knowing your offense is going against a weak-butt, un-physical, girlish and limp defense that REGARDLESS of the score you can and will come back on, might be part of the problem too.

CoachChaz
10-13-2008, 08:54 AM
I could look like an All-Pro if I had 10 seconds to throw the ball and there werent any DB's within 5 yards of my receivers.

spikerman
10-13-2008, 09:21 AM
I could look like an All-Pro if I had 10 seconds to throw the ball and there werent any DB's within 5 yards of my receivers.I think the Broncos should petition the NFL to let them play with 14 players on defense just so the opposing receivers won't get so lonely with all of the open space around them.