PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Denver would prefer to trade back

Northman
04-13-2011, 04:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/12/broncos-prefer-to-trade-back-from-no-2-pick/

Like so many other teams with high draft picks in recent year, the Broncos would rather have a pick that wasn’t so high.

In a mailbag for the Denver Post, Mike Klis writes that the Broncos’ “preference” is to trade back somewhere in the top eight to pick up an extra pick.

Ideally, Klis says the team would deal with Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Francisco or Tennessee. That’s easier said then done, of course, because the uncertainty surrounding a possible rookie wage scale (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/08/rookie-wage-scale-uncertainty-could-limit-trades-at-top-of-draft/) could make trades difficult.

arapaho2
04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
by all means denver...lets trade back and settle for average players ....its worked for the past 10 years:coffee:

dogfish
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Klis: Denver would prefer to trade back

dogfish: no shit!

dogfish
04-13-2011, 05:05 PM
by all means denver...lets trade back and settle for average players ....its worked for the past 10 years:coffee:

we've picked in the top twelve three times in recent memory-- and while knowshon is the definition of average, clady and cutler certainly aren't. . . with the top eight in mind, i would guess they want dareus, von miller or fairley-- quite possibly in that order. . . none of those are average prospects by any stretch of the imagination. . .

Benetto
04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
If they trade back, and miss out on Dareus or Fairley....Fire Elway....Ill be pissed like I was when Cutler was traded...Just stay at #2! Come on Man!

broncofaninfla
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
There is no real top tier player this year, trade back if we can pick up an additional 2nd round pick. This is a 4-12 football team, we have LOTS of holes to fill.

jhildebrand
04-13-2011, 05:21 PM

While I would tend to agree with you otherwise, Arapaho, I see this one a bit different.

This team is so far from 1 great player from even being just good. At this point I would take a couple of average players that are capable starters over one superstar. This team not only needs to rebuild but needs depth almost everywhere.

dogfish
04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
If they trade back, and miss out on Dareus or Fairley....Fire Elway....Ill be pissed like I was when Cutler was traded...Just stay at #2! Come on Man!

you don't fire elway-- elway fires you!

:elefant:

arapaho2
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
While I would tend to agree with you otherwise, Arapaho, I see this one a bit different.

This team is so far from 1 great player from even being just good. At this point I would take a couple of average players that are capable starters over one superstar. This team not only needs to rebuild but needs depth almost everywhere.

i disagree...we have been taking average players...signing average players....we're 4-12

we need impact players...and i see two..dareus and fairely....neither i doubt will be there is we trade down past 8

a guy like dareus makes every single average guy on defense better...he controls the line, crushes the pocket that allows de's to get to the qb, the lbrs can then make tackles, the dbs dont have to cover as long and can get more ints

a average guy just makes no sense...we got the 2nd rd to get them

Benetto
04-13-2011, 05:34 PM
you don't fire elway-- elway fires you!

:elefant:

Imagine if Fox would've traded back from the 2 position when Julius was there at 2. I'm not sayin any of these guys are Julius'....but its a pretty dumb idea to pass up on Dareus or Fairley...Dudes are crazy good...

Im still gonna be a member here when its all said and done...And believe me...I dont want to say I told you so after we pass up on Dareus or Fairley.

JMHO..:beer:

WARHORSE
04-13-2011, 06:11 PM
If we traded back as far as 8, we would be guaranteed one of these players:

Fairley
Green
Quinn
Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Bowers

ONLY guy we would not ideally want is Green, and yet the guy is a dynamic player. I think Bowers will be okay.

Past this, guys I like are Aldon Smith, Luiget.

Ideally, we trade with Buffalo, Cincy or AZ.

In that instance, we're guaranteed to draft Dareus, Fairley, Quinn or Miller.

Im good with any of those guys.

Northman
04-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Fairley
Green
Quinn
Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Bowers

ONLY guy we would not ideally want is Green, and yet the guy is a dynamic player. I think Bowers will be okay.

Nothing is guaranteed. If we trade back someone else might trade up and snag a player we really want. Too much risk unless someone is willing to give up the farm, then you do it. And by farm, i mean farm.

You might be, im not. In the first round its got to be Fairley, Dareus, or trade back into the second half of the first round as long as they stockpiled some picks. But that doesnt seem likely this year. Denver is prime position to get a difference maker on the Dline at #2, they should take it.

WARHORSE
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Required trade packages

To move down to Buffalo, Im pretty sure it would take their second rounder, or their third and fourth rounders. This being because there will be others trying to trade with Denver also.

To move with Cincy, it would take their first next year, or their second and third this year. Id take their first next year.

To move with AZ, it would take their first next year, pluse their third this year.
Or, their second, third this year and a second next year.

Anyone else, is going to cost a kings ransom.

Dzone
04-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Rumor has it that Bowers might need microfracture surgery on his knee, therefore, its a cinch that we will pick him

dogfish
04-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Rumor has it that Bowers might need microfracture surgery on his knee, therefore, its a cinch that we will pick him

actually, it's not a rumor, and he's already HAD microfracture done on the knee. . . his agent admitted that the process done earlier this year was a "minor" microfracture procedure. . .

naturally they claim it's already healed and shows no sign of damage or degeneration. . . but the fact that he had even a small microfracture and then tried to pass it off as just a scope is disingenous and shady. . . brutal luck for the kid, but you can't lie about it and cover it up-- with the money on the line, the truth is going to come out. . .

and we damn well better NOT take him, or i'm going on a shooting spree. . .

Ziggy
04-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Imagine if Fox would've traded back from the 2 position when Julius was there at 2. I'm not sayin any of these guys are Julius'....but its a pretty dumb idea to pass up on Dareus or Fairley...Dudes are crazy good...

Im still gonna be a member here when its all said and done...And believe me...I dont want to say I told you so after we pass up on Dareus or Fairley.

JMHO..:beer:

While Peppers has been great for them, moving back to 11 and getting Dwight Freeney along with an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick might have been even better B.

Benetto
04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Trading back is like being a nerdy high school virgin with the opportunity to bone the prom queen, only to say "sorry, Im saving myself for marriage". And hope your wife will be as hot as the prom queen opportunity.

DON'T TRADE BACK!!

Benetto
04-13-2011, 08:28 PM
While Peppers has been great for them, moving back to 11 and getting Dwight Freeney along with an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick might have been even better B.
I'd still rather have Pep, and no 2nd or 3rd.

I see what ur saying though..And it makes sense, but I don't want to see us pass up on either of those two guys....And see them dominate elsewhere.

bcbronc
04-13-2011, 08:35 PM

ya, I'm actually warming up to the idea of trading back, as long as it's not too far. 10 I think would be too far, but it would depend on the ransom I guess.

move back and go two-for-one on DL. instead of just getting Dareus, get one of Liuget, Fairley, Cameron Jordan, Quinn or Aldon Smith AND one of Cameron Heyward, Allen Bailey, Paea, Austin, Phil Taylor or Wilkenson. If Dareus was heads and tails above the other prospects on this list, I'd say forget it and stay at 2. I'm not sure he is though.

broncofaninfla
04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't understand the panic about trading back. This draft does not have ANY top tier talent, not this year. There isn't even a clear cut number one, could be anybody at this point. Trade back if the compensation is right.

dogfish
04-13-2011, 11:34 PM
okay, some info for the people that are against trading back, even if it's just a few spots. . .

think about how many of the true superstars in today's game were drafted in the top two picks, as compared to the rest of the first round. . . peyton manning was #1 overall, and mario williams. . . calvin johnson, julius peppers and suh were all #2's. . . andre johnson and larry fitzgerald were #3's. . .

but drew brees was #32 (first pick of the 2nd round back then), ray lewis was #26, ed reed was #24, champ bailey was #7, randy moss was #21. . . the list could go on and on and on. . . and that's just looking at guys we knew were good before the draft, all relatively high picks-- that's obviously not even counting the guys like terrell davis, tom brady, etc. . .

look back over the last ten years prior to the past draft and see how many of them the first two picks turned out to be the two best players-- this past draft was a serious anomaly. . .

1 Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2 St. Louis Rams Jason Smith T Baylor
3 Kansas City Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE Louisiana State
4 Seattle Seahawks Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
5 New York Jets Mark Sanchez QB USC
6 Cincinnati Bengals Andre Smith T Alabama
7 Oakland Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
8 Jacksonville Jaguars Eugene Monroe T Virginia
9 Green Bay Packers B.J. Raji NT Boston College
10 San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

raji at #8 is the pick of this group so far. . . other notables from the first round include brian orakpo, brian cushing, josh freeman, jeremy maclin, percy harvin, michael oher, clay matthews (#26), and hakim nicks (#29). . .

1 Miami Dolphins Jake Long T Michigan
2 St. Louis Rams Chris Long DE Virginia
3 Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan QB Boston College
4 Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
5 Kansas City Chiefs Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
6 New York Jets Vernon Gholston LB Ohio State
7 New Orleans Saints Sedrick Ellis DT USC
8 Jacksonville Jaguars Derrick Harvey DE Florida
9 Cincinnati Bengals Keith Rivers OLB USC
10 New England Patriots Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee

long and mayo have developed into fine players, and mcfadden really flashed this year, but IMO ryan is still the pick of the bunch. . . good QBs really are worth more, and he has a previously bad team winning in a very tough division. . .

other first round notables include ryan clady, joe flacco, aqib talib, rashard mendenhall, and chris johnson (#24). . .

1 Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russell QB Louisiana State
2 Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech 3 Cleveland Browns Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gaines Adams DE Clemson
5 Arizona Cardinals Levi Brown OT Penn State
6 Washington Redskins LaRon Landry SS Louisiana State
7 Minnesota Vikings Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
8 Atlanta Falcons Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
9 Miami Dolphins Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
10 Houston Texans Amobi Okoye DT Louisville

calvin johnson, adrian peterson and joe thomas are all gems-- only one was a top-two selection. . . but really, patrick willis at #11 and darrelle revis at #14 are just as good as any of them. . . this class also included lawrence timmons, leon hall, michael griffin, dwayne bowe (#23), brandon merriweather (#24) and jon beason (#25). . .

1 Houston Texans Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
2 New Orleans Saints Reggie Bush RB USC
3 Tennessee Titans Vince Young QB Texas
4 New York Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson T Virginia
5 Green Bay Packers A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio State
6 San Francisco 49ers Vernon Davis TE Maryland
7 Oakland Raiders Michael Huff SS Texas
8 Buffalo Bills Donte Whitner SS Ohio State
9 Detroit Lions Ernie Sims OLB Florida State
10 Arizona Cardinals Matt Leinart QB USC

williams was a very worthy #1 overall, but ferguson and vernon davis are pretty close. . . and ngata at #12 is just as valuable a player. . . other notables from the 1st include antonio cromartie, tamba hali, santonio holmes (#25), deangelo williams (#27), marcedes lewis (#28), and nick mangold (#29). . .

1 San Francisco 49ers Alex Smith QB Utah
2 Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
3 Cleveland Browns Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
4 Chicago Bears Cedric Benson RB Texas
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cadillac Williams RB Auburn
6 Tennessee Titans Pacman Jones CB West Virginia
7 Minnesota Vikings Troy Williamson WR South Carolina
8 Arizona Cardinals Antrel Rolle DB Miami (Fla.)
9 Washington Redskins Carlos Rogers DB Auburn
10 Detroit Lions Mike Williams WR USC

not a single player drafted in the top ten proved even remotely worthy of the status. . . demarcus ware at #11 is one of the best players in the league, though. . . the other real beasts from this draft were aaron rodgers (#24) and roddy white (#27). . . see, top ten picks aren't always better!

1 San Diego Chargers Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 Oakland Raiders Robert Gallery T Iowa
3 Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
4 New York Giants Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State
5 Washington Redskins Sean Taylor FS Miami (Fla.)
6 Cleveland Browns Kellen Winslow TE Miami (Fla.)
7 Detroit Lions Roy Williams WR Texas
8 Atlanta Falcons DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech
9 Jacksonville Jaguars Reggie Williams WR Washington
10 Houston Texans Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina

the manning pick has worked out well for new york, but fitzgerald and rivers are clearly better players-- and sean taylor was at least as good. . . ben rapenstein was taken at #11, and the class also included will smith, vince wilfork, and steven jackson (#24). . .

1 Cincinnati Bengals Carson Palmer QB USC
2 Detroit Lions Charles Rogers WR Michigan State
3 Houston Texans Andre Johnson WR Miami (Fla.)
4 New York Jets Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky
5 Dallas Cowboys Terence Newman CB Kansas State
6 New Orleans Saints Johnathan Sullivan DT Georgia
7 Jacksonville Jaguars Byron Leftwich QB Marshall
8 Carolina Panthers Jordan Gross T Utah
9 Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams DE Oklahoma State
10 Baltimore Ravens Terrell Suggs OLB Arizona State

palmer might have been the best of this group, but as it is, suggs and williams are just a slight step behind johnson-- gross and newman have also had very solid careers. . .

troy polamalu at #16 is just as good as any of 'em, and the class also included dalas clark (#24), larry johnson (#27) and namdi asomugha (#31). . .

1 Houston Texans David Carr QB Fresno State
2 Carolina Panthers Julius Peppers DE North Carolina
3 Detroit Lions Joey Harrington QB Oregon
4 Buffalo Bills Mike Williams T Texas
5 San Diego Chargers Quentin Jammer DB Texas
6 Kansas City Chiefs Ryan Sims DT North Carolina
7 Minnesota Vikings Bryant McKinnie T Miami (Fla.)
8 Dallas Cowboys Roy Williams FS Oklahoma
9 Jacksonville Jaguars John Henderson DT Tennessee
10 Cincinnati Bengals Levi Jones T Arizona State

henderson and levi jones both had good careers, but peppers is the obvious star of a top ten mostly full of busts. . . dwight freeney at #11 has been just as good as peppers-- the class also included albert haynesworth, but the group's hall of fame player was ed reed (#24). . .

1 Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech
2 Arizona Cardinals Leonard Davis G Texas
3 Cleveland Browns Gerard Warren DT Florida
4 Cincinnati Bengals Justin Smith DE Missouri
5 San Diego Chargers LaDainian Tomlinson RB Texas Christian
6 New England Patriots Richard Seymour DT Georgia
7 San Francisco 49ers Andre Carter DE California
8 Chicago Bears David Terrell WR Michigan
9 Seattle Seahawks Koren Robinson WR North Carolina State
10 Green Bay Packers Jamal Reynolds DE Florida State

vick might have gone down as the best of this class if he'd stayed clean and played to his full potential early, but as it is tomlinson obviously gets the nod. . . the 1st also produced steve hutchinson, casey hampton, nate clements and reggie wayne (#31). . .

1 Cleveland Browns Courtney Brown DE Penn State
2 Washington Redskins LaVar Arrington OLB Penn State
3 Washington Redskins Chris Samuels T Alabama
4 Cincinnati Bengals Peter Warrick WR Florida State
5 Baltimore Ravens Jamal Lewis RB Tennessee
6 Philadelphia Eagles Corey Simon DT Florida State
7 Arizona Cardinals Thomas Jones RB Virginia
8 Pittsburgh Steelers Plaxico Burress WR Michigan State
9 Chicago Bears Brian Urlacher MLB New Mexico
10 Baltimore Ravens Travis Taylor WR Florida

lewis, jones and burress have all had good careers, but urlacher gets the nod out of this group for longevity and consistent production. . . and even if arrington and brown hadn't gotten hurt, he's still better than both of them. . .

but most of the real value of this class came later with players like shaun elliss, john abraham, julian peterson, chad pennington, shaun alexander and keith bulluck (#30). . .

i understand that doesn't prove anything, but it is instructional-- only once in the past decade have the first two players off the board been the best two players out of the group. . . does this mean the draft is a crapshoot, as it's so often described? nah, but it's definitely a very inexact science. . .

so who is it you want at #2 so badly, and what makes them that much better than the guys we might get at #5 or #7? most people here seem to want dareus, peterson or miller-- if carolina takes newton and buffalo, cincy or AZ trades up, we're guaranteed to get one of those three. . .

not that i myself have any interest in peterson, but i think we could theoretically drop down as far as five and still walk away with dareus. . .

in that scenario you have newton and gabbert as the first two picks. . . buffalo at three could absolutely use dareus, and peterson and AJ green are equal needs-- but their need for von miller far trumps all. . . they have a good nose tackle, they're not going back for a five-tech at #3 overall when they have no NFL-caliber edge rushers and maybin just flopped. . . chalk up miller at #3. . . could cincy use dareus? absolutely, but they have peko as a run-stopper. . . peterson to replace jonathon joseph or green to replace stinko/TO are more immediate needs. . .

i think dareus is still there, and 40-50% chance peterson is as well. . . JMO, obviously. . . if one of those teams did take dareus, i could more than live with fairley and an extra valuable pick or two. . . and don't tell me fairley doesn't have blue chip, gamechanging ability-- you can like him or hate him as a prospect, but don't deny the obvious. . . he was as dominant as anyone in college football last year, played his best on the biggest stages (alabama, oregon), and may have the highest ceiling of anyone in the class. . . he's no average schlub, at all. . .

and even if dareus and fairley both get taken ahead of us in that scenario (highly unlikely), as bad as i want a DT with our first pick, i could deal with von miller (he is a very nasty pass rusher, and that never sucks) as long as we got the resources to get two of the second group DTs (liuget, paea, taylor and austin IMO, maybe wilkerson). . .

unless you have your heart set on just one out of dareus, miller and peterson, i don't see how trading back to #3 or #4 can be a bad thing. . .

when you talk about dropping past five, it does get dicier. . . AZ might take dareus if they're still at five-- i do think cleveland is very likely to take julio jones, as they should. . . i think we could probably get fairley at #7, but IMO he's gone if we drop further than eight and have both san fran and tennessee still ahead of us. . .

when you start talking about that type of scenario, i can absolutely see where some people would have misgivings. . . for me, the value we'd have to get in return for that type of move would be VERY enticing, though. . . either washington or minnesota would have to include next year's first as part of a package, and washington in particular with blaine gabbert at QB could land us a top five-top ten pick next year in addition to their top ten pick this year, their high second this year and most likely another pick or young player. . .

if nothing else, you increase your odds a whole bunch because you're potentially looking at three pairs of kness instead of one. . . knowwhati'msayin'?

personally, i'd be freakin' thrilled to drop down to ten or twelve for a king's ransom, and walk away with a player like corey liuget or JJ watt. . . we would gain ammo to move around this year and could easily get back into the first for another DL-- maybe watt and liuget, for that matter. . . or luiget and ryan kerrigan, or cameron jordan and steven paea, etc etc. . . i can quite happily work with any of those groups, especially if you give me another potentially high first next year. . . oh yea, kool-aid!

if tebow doesn't work out, maybe we have the ammo to move up for luck (not likely) or another QB. . . if he does work out, we go into next year with two firsts to keep building the defense, or add a right tackle or running back. . . there are all kinds of scenarios. . .

i suppose it all depends on just how good you think those top three-to-five prospects are compared to some of the other players available in this draft. . . and if you think they really are that much better, i won't contest anyone's opinion on it too much-- i'll just remind you to look at those past drafts and remember that only one or two of that projected top five usually pans out, so don't assume a guy drafted at #2 has that much better chance of working out than a guy taken at #7 just because it's a few picks higher. . .

in all honesty, i still think trading down is probably a pipe dream with no CBA in place-- but if the chance does come up, i'm all for it as long as the compensation's right. . .

atwater27
04-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Trading back is like being a nerdy high school virgin with the opportunity to bone the prom queen, only to say "sorry, Im saving myself for marriage". And hope your wife will be as hot as the prom queen opportunity.

DON'T TRADE BACK!!

Whatever, man.... Trading down is instead of boning the prom queen, who is probably a deadlay, you trade down for 3 or 4 whores who will do you and eachother all night and make you a legend.:D

Poet
04-14-2011, 02:04 AM
i disagree...we have been taking average players...signing average players....we're 4-12

we need impact players...and i see two..dareus and fairely....neither i doubt will be there is we trade down past 8

a guy like dareus makes every single average guy on defense better...he controls the line, crushes the pocket that allows de's to get to the qb, the lbrs can then make tackles, the dbs dont have to cover as long and can get more ints

a average guy just makes no sense...we got the 2nd rd to get them

I think you guys should stay at 2, but picking in the first round means you're picking the best of the best, i.e. one of the 32 best players in the draft. Those guys taken in the first round should not be average.

In fact, in some deeper draft classes, you have legitimate first round talent that falls to the second round (and not necessarily because of injuries or character concerns either), and a lot of those guys should not be average players.

I also think it depends on what picks you get and when you get them. If you got to move back and stayed in the top ten (random example) and got another first rounder this year, it would be hard to say no to that.

The reason why I think the Broncos should stay at 2 is because you are starting fresh right now. It's my opinion that teams who are contenders or close to it benefit more from trading back than really bad teams.

I know that you can make a very good argument that you need to fill holes as fast as you can, but I think that in order to get to a point where that matters you need legitimate studs on both ends of the field.

Of course, you can make a great argument that a lot if not most great teams have great systems, which negates a lot of what I typed above. Of course, Denver does not have such a system at the moment.

I am with you on getting a beast defensive lineman, especially one who can play 4-3 DT and generate run and pass rush by himself.

In a roundabout way, Denver should be fine with whichever direction they go.

TXBRONC
04-14-2011, 07:43 AM
we damn well better NOT take him, or i'm going on a shooting spree. . .

Have you started receiving anger management counselling yet? :laugh:

arapaho2
04-14-2011, 10:19 AM

Fairley
Green
Quinn
Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Bowers

quinn is a reach at 8 i think
bowers still has knee issues and signs of pending arthitus
miller is a 3-4 olb...we are a 43 team
peterson doesnt fix the pass rush or rush defense
we dont need a wr

that leaves dareus and fairley...will either be around at 8

WARHORSE
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
quinn is a reach at 8 i think
bowers still has knee issues and signs of pending arthitus
miller is a 3-4 olb...we are a 43 team
peterson doesnt fix the pass rush or rush defense
we dont need a wr

that leaves dareus and fairley...will either be around at 8

Quinn is Mayocks top DE, and I agree. From what I heard, Elway likes him.

Bowers has knee issues, but no one knows to what extent, theres alot of flack information being thrown around right now. Denver will make up their own minds about him.

Miller is not just a 3-4 LBer. The man is 6'3" 250 and can play with his hand in the dirt. He PLAYED in the 34, but his skillset projects to any scheme...AND, he is the best passrusher in the draft, with Quinn right behind him.

Peterson doesnt fix the pass rush, but he is a very versatile, big, fast corner who can be a gamechanging safety until Champ moves to safety. Impact player is the main thing, and with a draft this deep in Dlinemen, we will undoubtedly take two DTs with the next two picks. I have no problem going that route if it means more picks, even a first rounder next year.

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Irrelevant.

Our organization has much more work than one draft to fix itself. Let's just see how it all plays out.

WARHORSE
04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Irrelevant.

Our organization has much more work than one draft to fix itself. Let's just see how it all plays out.

Tim Tebow is gonna show you silkamilkamonico.

My mama said Tim Tebow is the only change we need.:salute:

topscribe
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
When I look at Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown, then I think of this year . . . :nervous:

-----

GEM
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
actually, it's not a rumor, and he's already HAD microfracture done on the knee. . . his agent admitted that the process done earlier this year was a "minor" microfracture procedure. . .

naturally they claim it's already healed and shows no sign of damage or degeneration. . . but the fact that he had even a small microfracture and then tried to pass it off as just a scope is disingenous and shady. . . brutal luck for the kid, but you can't lie about it and cover it up-- with the money on the line, the truth is going to come out. . .

and we damn well better NOT take him, or i'm going on a shooting spree. . .

Courtney Brown anyone?

GEM
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
:lol: Top...we were on the same internet wave.

topscribe
04-14-2011, 04:01 PM
:lol: Top...we were on the same internet wave.

When we're not scrapping . . . :D

-----

arapaho2
04-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Bowers has knee issues, but no one knows to what extent, theres alot of flack information being thrown around right now. Denver will make up their own minds about him.

Miller is not just a 3-4 LBer. The man is 6'3" 250 and can play with his hand in the dirt. He PLAYED in the 34, but his skillset projects to any scheme...AND, he is the best passrusher in the draft, with Quinn right behind him.

Peterson doesnt fix the pass rush, but he is a very versatile, big, fast corner who can be a gamechanging safety until Champ moves to safety. Impact player is the main thing, and with a draft this deep in Dlinemen, we will undoubtedly take two DTs with the next two picks. I have no problem going that route if it means more picks, even a first rounder next year.

ayers was maylocks top defender in the 09 draft....hasnt quit worked out yet as his 1.5 sacks attest

as far as pass rushers...again we have ayers who maylock said would be proven as the best dlineman in the 09 draft in 3 years...we have doom...

what we dont have is a dominate interior guy like fairley or dareus

defense starts on the line...control the line you control the offense

we dont need average DTs we need studs....

imagine a defense of dareus with the 2nd pick...paea or p taylor, ayers and doom controlling the line

we've tried the build from the dbs in route,,,and got chewed up

TXBRONC
04-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Are you saying that defensive tackles can't be game changers?

What makes you so sure that if we take Peterson with our first pick that we would with out a doubt we would take two defensive tackles with our next two picks. I sure wouldn't bet money that you are correct.

dogfish
04-15-2011, 06:28 PM
The latest rumor we can pass along for you comes from the dean of Houston football writing, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

“I don’t know what they have to offer, but I hear the Redskins are trying like crazy to trade up to get one of the quarterbacks, Blaine Gabbert, I imagine,” McClain writes.

Well, they don’t have a third- or fourth-round pick to offer. There was also a rumor the Redskins were trying to trade down earlier in the week, which means Washington is achieving some level of misdirection success.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/15/latest-draft-rumor-redskins-trying-like-crazy-to-move-up/#comments

TXBRONC
04-15-2011, 07:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/15/latest-draft-rumor-redskins-trying-like-crazy-to-move-up/#comments

You've given a good explanation elsewhere as to why trading down that far isn't a bad idea but it still makes me a little uneasy.

Benetto
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Dude, if we miss out on Dareus because we trade down, I will be pissed. Not that it matters to anyone important, but I will be as hot as I was with the Cutler trade..

Dareus is going to be a star. Sure he's not going to impact right away given that only ONE guy is not going to be a difference maker...but down the line his work ethic, and big third and fourth down stops will fire up the rest of the squad.

I hope they actually know what they're doing if they decide not to pull the trigger on Marcell...Not like McShit-for-brains and how he thought he knew what was best. ******* idiot.

nevcraw
04-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Dude, if we miss out on Dareus because we trade down, I will be pissed. Not that it matters to anyone important, but I will be as hot as I was with the Cutler trade..

Dareus is going to be a star. Sure he's not going to impact right away given that only ONE guy is not going to be a difference maker...but down the line his work ethic, and big third and fourth down stops will fire up the rest of the squad.

I hope they actually know what they're doing if they decide not to pull the trigger on Marcell...Not like McShit-for-brains and how he thought he knew what was best. ******* idiot.

where ya been b?

TXBRONC
04-15-2011, 09:49 PM

I really want Denver to draft Dareus but they trade down and still get Fairley I would be ok with that. He's more of risk than Dareus according what I've read here and other places but he still worth a top 10 pick.

Superchop 7
04-15-2011, 10:33 PM
1. Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis Rams -- Agreed July 30 to six-year deal worth $78 million with $50 million guaranteed. (Most guaranteed money in NFL history.)

2. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit Lions -- Agreed Aug. 3 to a five-year deal worth a maximum of $68 million with $40 million guaranteed.

3. Gerald McCoy, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Agreed July 31 to five--year deal worth $63 million with $35 million guaranteed.

4. Trent Williams, OT, Washington Redskins -- Agreed July 30 to six-year deal worth $60 million with $36.75 million guaranteed.

5. Eric Berry, S, Kansas City Chiefs -- Agreed July 30 to six-year deal worth $60 million with $34 million guaranteed.

6. Russell Okung, OT, Seattle Seahawks -- Agreed Aug. 6 to six-year deal worth $48.5 million with more than $29 million guaranteed (maximum value of $58 million).

7. Joe Haden, CB, Cleveland Browns -- Agreed July 31 to a five-year deal worth $50 million with $26 million guaranteed.

8. Rolando McClain, LB, Oakland Raiders -- Agreed July 28 to a five-year deal worth $40 million with $23 million guaranteed.

9. C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills -- Agreed Aug. 6 to a five-year deal worth $25 million (maximum value of $37.5 million) with $20.8 million guaranteed.

10. Tyson Alualu, DT, Jacksonville Jaguars -- Agreed Aug. 2 to a five-year deal worth just less than $28 million, with $17.5 million guaranteed.

11. Anthony Davis, OT, San Francisco 49ers -- Agreed July 30 to a five-year deal worth $26.5 million, with $15.954 million guaranteed.

12. Ryan Mathews, RB, San Diego Chargers -- Agreed Aug. 1 to a five-year deal worth $26.65 million deal with $15 million guaranteed.

Superchop 7
04-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Just a reminder of how the $ has changed.

Ziggy
04-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Just a reminder of how the $ has changed.

And how Mike Klis is still clueless when it comes to Broncos inside info.

Nomad
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I need a list of reporters/columnists/opinion writers and news sources that suck, so I can avoid bad info. tia:lol:

MOtorboat
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Anyone still want to trade down?

:)

Ziggy
04-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Anyone still want to trade down?

:)

From all of Elway's post draft comments, the Broncos knew who their man was, and trading down was never a real possibility. Thank goodness.

Ziggy
04-08-2013, 08:58 PM
I need a list of reporters/columnists/opinion writers and news sources that suck, so I can avoid bad info. tia:lol:

Any current or former Denver columnist/writer not named Adam Schefter.

Jsteve01
04-09-2013, 08:02 AM

Any current or former Denver columnist/writer not named Adam Schefter. mason and lammey ain't bad.

WARHORSE
04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
With that being said, Im all for trading down a few spots this year in order to get more picks.
Id swap out with San Frans 2nd round pick they got from KC for their later third rounder..........I think San Fran will be trading since they have alot of picks but few roster spots.

Simple Jaded
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Beat writers could be putting out smoke screens for the team they cover but it definitely seems like Klis is wrong a lot. If the Broncos are using Klis they're not doing his reputation any favors.

It's not so much his coverage of the team that I can't stand it's his ridiculous opinions, he's clearly better suited for covering baseball. I blame Jim Armstrong.

TXBRONC
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Klis actually does pretty good job.

aulaza
04-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Its crazy how many people were down on Von. Just shows we don't know all that much, best leave it to the FO!!