PDA

View Full Version : Whose your picks for hockey playoffs?

underrated29
04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Caps vs Rangers- Ovi turns it up a notch for the playoffs. I like the caps in 6

Philly vs Sabers- Buffalo is hot right now but Philly as much as i hate them have that tenacity to never go away. I like philly in 6.

Bruins vs Canadians- I am feeling Boston all the way here. Bruins in 5.

Pens vs Tampa- Despite a million injuries the pens are still in it. I still think Tampa in 7.

Vancouver vs chicago- This will be the best series of all i think. The blackhawks have fared well vs the nucks in recent history but vancouver looks pretty unstoppable right now. I want the hawks so so bad. But I think vancouver in 7.

Sharks vs Kings- Another good hard series. But I think San Jose might be the team to sneak up and destroy everyone. This could be their year, esp if chicago knocks off vancouver. Sharks in 6.

Detroit vs phoenix- God I hate detroit! HATE! but the yotes are just not there yet, close but not quite. However I do think phoenix will beat up detroit enough that they lose the next round. Detroit in 5.

Ducks vs Preds- Anaheim imo is going to romp the preds. I say quack in 5.

MileHighCrew
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Caps in 6
Philly in 5
Habs in 7
Pens in 6 even without Crosby and Malkin

'Nucks in 5 (I'm a Vancouver fan so this is a homer pick)
Kings in 7
Wings in 4
Ducks in 6

Medford Bronco
04-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks UR for this thread.

I say Caps in 6. Just too much offense for the Rangers
Bruins in 6. I hate MTL and their crybaby fans and hope they lose big time
Tampa in 6. No Crosby for the series it appears, so I like the better offense
Philly in 6. Better team even though Buffalo is scrappy

Out west.

Vancouver in 6. I like the Hawks and will root for them but the Canucks are better.
SJ in 6. Too much for the Kings to handle.
Coyotes in 6. They almost beat Det last year and hopefully they can this year.
Preds in 7. I hope they finally win their first ever series but the Ducks are a strong team.

SR
04-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't really care about any of the series except for Detroit vs Phoenix and I'm going with Phoenix in six.

pnbronco
04-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Been gone too much to really know what the heck is going on these days. However man is CHI getting beat up by VAN. I do like the twins and Roberto so it's cool.

I hope I can actually watch a couple of games this week I'm home for 6 days.....wow. Then off to KY where there is no TV or internet on the house boat I'm staying on after working 10 hour each day, but I do sleep well at night.....:D

Medford Bronco
04-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Been gone too much to really know what the heck is going on these days. However man is CHI getting beat up by VAN. I do like the twins and Roberto so it's cool.

I hope I can actually watch a couple of games this week I'm home for 6 days.....wow. Then off to KY where there is no TV or internet on the house boat I'm staying on after working 10 hour each day, but I do sleep well at night.....:D

Chicago finally showed up tonight. At least they did not get swept.

the only series I missed badly on was Det. It must have been wishful thinking lol :lol:

underrated29
04-19-2011, 09:50 PM
I just hope chitown keeps it up. If the big boys, kane sharp etc keep playing like that they are cash money.

pnbronco
04-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Wow the game between the Sharks and Kings was something else. To go from 4 down to win in OT was something else. In fact I had fallen asleep on the couch when it was 4-2 and then the yelling woke me up. Glad I got to see that one...:eek:

underrated29
04-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, Pola. That was one of the best hockey playoff games I have seen. Such a great game. I am still thinking about it.

All that that game was lacking was a good solid fight. But man o man, that was sooo much fun to watch.

Medford Bronco
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I hate the Canadien fans, they are the biggest babies of all time. I hope Boston wins tonight to shut them up

Medford Bronco
04-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Yesss the Canadiens can take their Ole and shove it up thier a$$

Ryder who was an ex hab, first player ever to score an ot goal vs MTL in MTL.

Also it is the first time in Bostons history they won 4 straight games (2 this year and 2 in 09) in MTL in the playoffs. Great work Boston. :beer:

pnbronco
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I was just coming here to say how happy Med should be. First the Habs loose in OT. Then the Hawks are handing it to Van, so it should be a very good night for you, Med. Have a great weekend all. Got to watch some great games.

That double OT with WAS and Rangers...that was something else.

SR
04-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, the dynamic in the Western Conference has changed A LOT. I think Vancouver will still beat Chicago in the series, but Chicago is at least making it interesting. I definitely didn't see Detroit sweeping Phoenix, and I didn't see San Jose going up 3-1 on LA. The Nashville/Anaheim series is pretty good and about what I expected.

pnbronco
04-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Wow Weber scoring to tie it up with 35 seconds left.....going into OT. I am really enjoying these games Kind of bummed I will not have any TV at all next week. May try to see if I can pick up a game on my radio.....:D

Nashville pulled that off, did not see that coming to get let back in and then win it.....

Medford Bronco
04-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Wow Weber scoring to tie it up with 35 seconds left.....going into OT. I am really enjoying these games Kind of bummed I will not have any TV at all next week. May try to see if I can pick up a game on my radio.....:D

Nashville pulled that off, did not see that coming to get let back in and then win it.....

Do you have an computer, you can watch it on a steam.

See below. http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ice-hockey.html or

http://www.stream2watch.com/ or

http://atdhenet.tv/

just dont click on the ad, wait and watch. this is how I watch most of my Canes games. :salute:

BroncoAV06
04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
How the heck did the Lightning put up 8 goals?

Medford Bronco
04-25-2011, 07:29 PM
How the heck did the Lightning put up 8 goals?

Its because Pittsburgh is not the same without Crosby and Malkin. They might still win but they are not winning the Cup without those 2

Glad for Chicago, I would love to see history again this year.

SR
04-26-2011, 04:20 PM
I am still a little surprised that the Sharks took that series. I really thought LA would've been stronger with Penner, but not having Kopitar really hurt.

BroncoAV06
04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
How bout Thorton with a game winner!

I have not been as in depth with my hockey watching as in years past due to the Avs sucking the life out of me but still enjoying watching the series.

Nucks could be on the verge of epic fail if they don't hold on! Pulling for the Hawks and the upset, no one likes the Nucks....well I don't at least.

underrated29
04-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Son of a biatch. Chicago had em...but one stupid turnover and that is how it goes. Too bad, so sad.

Good news is I think Van has enough to beat detroit. Who I hate even more than vancouver.

MileHighCrew
04-27-2011, 06:26 AM
WOOHOO Go CANUCKS
Finally

SR
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I think Nashville will give Vancouver fits, but I think Vancouver will take it in six. Detroit is gonna be tough, but if Vancouver can get it together I think they can win it all this year.

MileHighCrew
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I think Nashville will give Vancouver fits, but I think Vancouver will take it in six. Detroit is gonna be tough, but if Vancouver can get it together I think they can win it all this year.

Good God I hope so, as a Broncos fan some might say I've been spoiled but as a Canucks fan I am long suffering

Medford Bronco
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Good God I hope so, as a Broncos fan some might say I've been spoiled but as a Canucks fan I am long suffering

After going through what you just went through you are long suffering. Good luck in the next series.

I am just glad that the Bruins beat the soccer flopping Canadiens
I hate that team so much it is not even funny.

also congrats to Tampa. As a fellow division rival, good work vs an undermanned Pens team

Medford Bronco
05-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I know hardly anyone cares but Boston stole one tonight with Thomas. What a great game. Also I am very impressed with Tampa so far this series.

Lastly for the AVs fans go Sharks

Lonestar
05-02-2011, 11:32 PM
NHL it's playoff time wow missed the whole season and did not even notice.

MileHighCrew
05-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Damn I forgot to pick round 2 but it might be a good thing.

I would have taken
Philly
Washington
Detroit
and my Nucks for the record.

So as of today I would be
0-2
0-2
0-2
1-1
ouch

Medford Bronco
05-04-2011, 12:21 AM
NHL it's playoff time wow missed the whole season and did not even notice.

Then why are you posting in this thread then:confused:

Medford Bronco
05-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I would have had

Philly in 6
Wash in 6
Van in 6
Sharks in 7

not too good either

I am happy that Boston and Tampa are winning so far, but its never over. Just has Boston last year and the Canucks getting a scare this year

MileHighCrew
05-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Good series win for the Canucks. On to the Western Finals!!!!

Medford Bronco
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Go Sharks tonight, Congrats to the Canucks.

I would love to see a Boston vs Vancouver final

WTE
05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Go Sharks tonight, Congrats to the Canucks.

I would love to see a Boston vs Vancouver final

Looks like San Jose is on the verge of pulling a Bruins type choke from last year after being up 3-0.

Boy, Joe Louis was rocking last night! What an atmosphere!

underrated29
05-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I have been hesitant to post....

BUT COME THE EFF ON SHARKS!!!!!!!! What are you doing!?!?! I HATE the redwings so much. BURY THEIR ASSESS NOW!!!!!

I hate the redwings. They need to lose. I am not a fan of vancouver either. They are my 2nd most hated NHL team, but The wings need to lose and if the sharks chump out again, vancouver is the last resort.

vettesplus
05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
being an avs fan i have true hate for for the wings, but you have to give credit where it belongs, the wings have made a great turnaround in this series. it has made great tv watching......

HammeredOut
05-12-2011, 09:52 AM
My money is on Boston vs Vancouver Final. Thats before the playoffs even started.

underrated29
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu DETROIT!!! FU:salute:

MileHighCrew
05-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Ok I got

Boston over Tampa in 6
Vancity over San Jose in 5

Medford Bronco
05-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I have Boston over Tampa in 6 but the Lightning have much better goalies than Philly and scare me a bit with their pure skill up front and no Bergeron to start the series.

I have the Canucks over the Sharks in 7. I think home ice will determine it. I feel these are the best 2 teams left and will win the Cup. I am pulling for Boston but think the West wins. The only caution I have on Vancouver is if Luongo melts down. We shall see.

Medford Bronco
05-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Boston looks much better tonight. Up 6-4 with 11 min left

pnbronco
05-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry Med but TB played a amazing game today. To be down 3 and come back and win gives me a big smile. Plus Clark a ex Av is with TB and was one of my favorite players when he was in Denver.

Medford Bronco
05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Sorry Med but TB played a amazing game today. To be down 3 and come back and win gives me a big smile. Plus Clark a ex Av is with TB and was one of my favorite players when he was in Denver.

That was a great comeback. Though for me and my dad amongst others here, I hope they dont lose the series because of it. I respect Tampa but if you are good team you should hang on to a 3-0 lead. Also Vancouver looks unstoppble right now.

Tomorrow night is huge for Boston. I hope they will be fine. We shall see. I want to see at least some more games for Boston.

MileHighCrew
05-23-2011, 08:35 AM
One more win to the finals. This is a very exciting time for us Canucks fans..

Medford Bronco
05-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Tim Thomas has made me believe in him. What an excellent save on Downie tonight. Gutsty win for Boston. They never gave up even though Tampa was outplaying them big time early. I would love to see Boston vs Vancouver Finals. I know the Canucks are better but if you get great goaltending you never know.

MileHighCrew
05-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Tim Thomas has made me believe in him. What an excellent save on Downie tonight. Gutsty win for Boston. They never gave up even though Tampa was outplaying them big time early. I would love to see Boston vs Vancouver Finals. I know the Canucks are better but if you get great goaltending you never know.

I hated the start of Mike Smith. He played good but it was too risky and it didn't pay off. You go with the horse that got you there

MileHighCrew
05-25-2011, 06:52 AM
CANUCKS WIN CANUCKS WIN!!!! It is a great day, but damn that game went late. I didn't get to bed until 1:00am.... Oh well who cares CANUCKS WIN

MileHighCrew
05-25-2011, 07:16 PM
First shot of the game, TB scores, way to go Vinny. Come on force a game 7, and lots of injuries.... That is all a Canucks fan can cheer for :)

Medford Bronco
05-25-2011, 08:01 PM
First shot of the game, TB scores, way to go Vinny. Come on force a game 7, and lots of injuries.... That is all a Canucks fan can cheer for :)

Why, you should beat either team if you play the right way. I understand that if you dont care that you would like a game 7 but come on with the injuries thats pathetic........

MileHighCrew
05-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Why, you should beat either team if you play the right way. I understand that if you dont care that you would like a game 7 but come on with the injuries thats pathetic........

It was a joke, c'mon really. Sorry if it didn't come out that way. My honest pick is Boston, I was a huge Ray Bourque fan as a kid and I loved teh Bruin / Habs match ups.
Plus I haven't liked Tampa since the finals vs. Calgary when Gilina scored in over time of game 6 to win the cup for Calgary and the refs called it no goal for some unknown reason. Not Tampa's fault but I have always held it against them.

Medford Bronco
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM
It was a joke, c'mon really. Sorry if it didn't come out that way. My honest pick is Boston, I was a huge Ray Bourque fan as a kid and I loved teh Bruin / Habs match ups.
Plus I haven't liked Tampa since the finals vs. Calgary when Gilina scored in over time of game 6 to win the cup for Calgary and the refs called it no goal for some unknown reason. Not Tampa's fault but I have always held it against them.

No problem. Tampa did win. Bruins had way too many shorthanded opportunities. I hate Tampas crowd with that Ole Ole crap. what are they Canandien knock offs.

GAme 7 it is the best in sports. I hope the Bruins can win. This has been a fun ride. I love my Canes but locally for my Dad and others this is great. I like the Bruins as well. Anyone but Kaberle he sucks.

MNPatsFan
05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
No problem. Tampa did win. Bruins had way too many shorthanded opportunities. I hate Tampas crowd with that Ole Ole crap. what are they Canandien knock offs.

GAme 7 it is the best in sports. I hope the Bruins can win. This has been a fun ride. I love my Canes but locally for my Dad and others this is great. I like the Bruins as well. Anyone but Kaberle he sucks.Hey Med, as you know I am not a hockey mind or regular fan. So I wanted to ask you as one of the hockey experts on this site, "Why are the Bruins so horrible on the PP?" What are they doing or not doing that makes their PP so pathetic? Seems like their PP last night consisted primarily of dumping the puck down into the Bolts zone, then allowing the Bolts players to get to the puck first and continue shooting the puck out of the zone to kill the PP.:tsk:

WTE
05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Med, as you know I am not a hockey mind or regular fan. So I wanted to ask you as one of the hockey experts on this site, "Why are the Bruins so horrible on the PP?" What are they doing or not doing that makes their PP so pathetic? Seems like their PP last night consisted primarily of dumping the puck down into the Bolts zone, then allowing the Bolts players to get to the puck first and continue shooting the puck out of the zone to kill the PP.:tsk:

I can't stand the way Boston continually uses the dump and chase on the PP. Tampa is just waiting for it to dump it out. Tampa has no problem carrying the puck into the offensive end. Why doesn't Boston try that? They have plenty of players capable of stick handling the puck over the blue line.

They also need to shoot the puck more on the PP. I'm sick of them only trying one or two shots during a two minute advantage. It's like they're trying to find a perfect shot that won't result in a turnover but yet have no problem dumping the puck when that play results in a turnover 70% of the time in this series.

Still, Bruins in 7. I was gonna leave for my Memorial Day weekend getaway Friday night but changed plans after TB won. Now leaving Sat. morning. Can't miss a Game 7.

Go B's!!

Medford Bronco
05-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey Med, as you know I am not a hockey mind or regular fan. So I wanted to ask you as one of the hockey experts on this site, "Why are the Bruins so horrible on the PP?" What are they doing or not doing that makes their PP so pathetic? Seems like their PP last night consisted primarily of dumping the puck down into the Bolts zone, then allowing the Bolts players to get to the puck first and continue shooting the puck out of the zone to kill the PP.:tsk:

It is simple. They force way too much from the point and stand still. If you dont move like Tampas pp or Vancovers does, you will struggle. Also they do not have a ton of great finishers. Horton is probably thier best scorer, but Seguin has the most natural talent. Julien is so stubborn that he puts out Recchi out instead of Seguin. I love Recci but he is over the hill and slow.

Krejci is also a good pp player but Lucic has not finished that well this postseason. You have to move and not depend on point shots. Cycle it down low and try to find a one timer across the ice, like a Det does (sorry AVs fans but they are good on the PP with Datsuyk)

I just hope if they stay out of the box they win. They dominated last night 5 on 5 and are better overall than Tampa IMHO.

We shall see what happens. Nothing like a game 7 in the NHL playoffs. I experienced 2 wins in the 06 playoffs with my CAnes winning the Cup and another 2 in 09 as well. The Bruins did a great job vs MTl so they can do this again.

Go Bruins. Bring it home for the fans like WTE, my dad, my inlaws and friends here. and the Bronco fans the Bruins fans are not like the Pats fans (who dont all suck btw only the pink hats do) so support them if you can. Tampa has no connection to anyone on here I think so help out please help :salute:

MNPatsFan
05-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Med, you/we got your/our wish ... The Bruins WON!!!!:elefant:

pnbronco
05-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Congrts Boston!!!!! Great game loved watching it..........:beer:

Medford Bronco
05-27-2011, 10:08 PM
What a great game. The Lighting showed me a lot with Roloson standing out.

The Bruins were reslient. I just hope they can hang in there vs Vancouver. I think the Canucks will win in 6 but I can wish right

MileHighCrew
05-28-2011, 08:41 AM
I got Vancouver in 5

Medford Bronco
05-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I say Vancover in 6 but I am wishing for Boston to win. BTW the 1995 Devils were a huge underdog to Det so you have to play the games.

MileHighCrew
05-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh I am not counting Boston out at all. As a Canucks fan you kind of expect the worst to happen and if Thomas gets hot they are in trouble.
I say Canucks in 5 because it is my homer pick.

HammeredOut
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
My money is on Boston vs Vancouver Final. Thats before the playoffs even started.

I just made 6 grand on the boston, vancouver final. Im glad my crystal ball saw the future of this final.

As much as I dislike Vancouver, I think its there year. They have a Vezina Goaltender, and a pair of Hart Trophy winners. If that doesn't scream Stanley Cup, im not sure what does.

I have Vancouver in 5 games. If it goes the other way, Boston in 7. It will be interesting to see what Tim Thomas can do against Vancouver since he only let in 1 goal in 3 starts against them. The cup has been going to the east more times then not, and when the best players in the NHL are in the East, like Crosby, Ovie, Malkin, Kovy, Staal, gaborik. The list of stars is endless, which is why the east is more prepared in the cup finals.

Game 1, I have the under 5.5. If its a Vancouver Blowout say 5-3, I would have Vancouver winning game 2 across the board. But game 1 both teams should stay back, and it will be low scoring. It should be a 2-1 or 3-1 game, game 1.

underrated29
06-01-2011, 10:44 AM
dam, nice chunk of change you won there. I agree, I do not see Boston being able to take down Vancouver. I HOPE SO! Because I HATE HATE HATE Vancouver.

I am also not a real huge bruin fan and would like to see Canada get a cup again since it has been forever. But my hatred for the Canucks is deep. Still they should win.

HammeredOut
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
dam, nice chunk of change you won there. I agree, I do not see Boston being able to take down Vancouver. I HOPE SO! Because I HATE HATE HATE Vancouver.

I am also not a real huge bruin fan and would like to see Canada get a cup again since it has been forever. But my hatred for the Canucks is deep. Still they should win.

Pays 3-1 if Vancouver wins the cup. That bet was available in the regular season. Now some places are offering 30-50 cents on the dollar. Its still a safe bet.

If you hit the Vancouver bet now. You can cover that bet, with a Boston win likely in game 3 or 4, depending on how they play games 1 and 2. I usually don't know whats going to happen until games 1 and 2, for my insurance bets. So for instance, if you make the 100 dollar Vancouver bet, you will get back 130 to 150 back, or make 30-50 bucks. To cover the insurance, you have to hit on the one Boston game, which will pay almost 2 and half to one. So 50 dollar bet you will be getting back 120ish. So on return, for about 150 out, you should be getting about 230 back in return.

underrated29
06-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Pays 3-1 if Vancouver wins the cup. That bet was available in the regular season. Now some places are offering 30-50 cents on the dollar. Its still a safe bet.

If you hit the Vancouver bet now. You can cover that bet, with a Boston win likely in game 3 or 4, depending on how they play games 1 and 2. I usually don't know whats going to happen until games 1 and 2, for my insurance bets. So for instance, if you make the 100 dollar Vancouver bet, you will get back 130 to 150 back, or make 30-50 bucks. To cover the insurance, you have to hit on the one Boston game, which will pay almost 2 and half to one. So 50 dollar bet you will be getting back 120ish. So on return, for about 150 out, you should be getting about 230 back in return.

Where/how do you get these bets...I was betting on the playoffs when I was in vegas a couple months ago, but other than that I do not know where you can do this?

HammeredOut
06-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Where/how do you get these bets...I was betting on the playoffs when I was in vegas a couple months ago, but other than that I do not know where you can do this?

Depends on where you live. I used to be a full timer in Vegas at Ceasers all sports betting. If you do it online, then your best bet would be to take the Vegas odds on any vegas casino site. Most of the lines are the same.

If you live out of country, I would always use BoDog, but their odds are usually worse then most betting sites. One place I like to get bets in, only for Football Pools, is Ontario, Canada called "Proline". I have some friends who live in Toronto, Canada and they make my Proline bets for me. The Football pool in Canada is a province wide game, giving the winner the pool, or split of the pool, if they get all the games right. So far I have won 8 Pools the past 3 years I have been betting. I live in Aspen, So if the Feds found out ive been winning sports bets in another country, im sure that wouldn't go over so well.

If you bet parlay, or individual, you will have to shop around for a site. I like Ceasers myself, since I have been a customer for so long.:beer:

If you made the Under 5.5 bet for the Van/Boston game, and Vancouver to win. Im sure you made yourself a chunk of change. I came out ahead last night, I bet 2 units on the under, and 4 units for Vancouver to win. I doubled my money lastnight.

Medford Bronco
06-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Boston came out good but then fell off big time. Burrows biting Bergerons finger is bush league. I respect most of Vancovers players but not him.

I hope for a better game 2. Boston has to score on the PP. Thomas was outstanding and so was Luongo. It was a great game and The Canucks scored on a nice goal after Boychuck screwed up.

Overall I was entertained though. Go Bruins.

Medford Bronco
06-05-2011, 08:40 AM
That POG who should have been suspended had a good game. Vancover deserved to win. It just hurt that it was on a turnover. BTW Lapierre is another POG taunting Bergeron. I wish he was punched in the face.

MileHighCrew
06-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Only 2 more wins. I have waited a lifetime to see the nucks lift that cup!!!

MileHighCrew
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I hope Horton is ok after that hit.

dogfish
06-06-2011, 08:13 PM
That POG who should have been suspended had a good game. Vancover deserved to win. It just hurt that it was on a turnover. BTW Lapierre is another POG taunting Bergeron. I wish he was punched in the face.

me too buddy. . .

what a dirty piece of shit organization vancouver is!

looks like they'll win the cup, though. . . boston just has NO offense at all-- you can't ask thomas to be good enough to throw a shutout every night and hope for a lucky bounce to win it. . .

the NHL should be ashamed that burroughs was even on the ice for game two. . . i want to still like hockey, but honestly stuff like that reminds me why i rarely watch the sport anymore. . . .

MileHighCrew
06-06-2011, 09:42 PM
me too buddy. . .

looks like they'll win the cup, though. . . boston just has NO offense at all-- you can't ask thomas to be good enough to throw a shutout every night and hope for a lucky bounce to win it. . .

the NHL should be ashamed that burroughs was even on the ice for game two. . . i want to still like hockey, but honestly stuff like that reminds me why i rarely watch the sport anymore. . . .

Please can we talk about the classy Bruins team :rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
How about that dirty hit on Horton tonight. That sparked Boston.

I am not saying Boston are any angels either. It was nice to see the Bruins wake up offensively. It is a series now.

Chippy game. Glad there were no other injuries after that. Burrows is a pos though.

At least it is going 5 and hopefully 6. We shall see what happens.

WTE
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
me too buddy. . .

Hey Dog,

Can you continue to rag on the Bruins offense? You're bringing good fortune to my B's!!

BTW. that POS Rome just lit a huge fire under the Bruins. They were running like cowards away from Thorton.

Hope Horton recovers for next season.

Medford Bronco
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I have to say that the game was impressive for Boston. Peverly who I like had a really nice night. Chippy at the end but that is hockey in a blow out unfortunatley. Thomas was responding to the POG Burrows who hit the stick out of his hand.

I have to say I am really impressed with Seidenberg. When he played for my Canes he was never this good because if he was he never would have left. Great job Dennis.

I just hope the Bruins can ride the wave of momentum. It will be hard in Vancover but with the injuries and supension to the Canucks on the D, the Bs have a chance, Best 2 of 3, what a series.

dogfish
06-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey Dog,

Can you continue to rag on the Bruins offense? You're bringing good fortune to my B's!!

BTW. that POS Rome just lit a huge fire under the Bruins. They were running like cowards away from Thorton.

Hope Horton recovers for next season.

heh. . . looks like the ol' jinx bit luongo big time-- his head's in the tank. . .

boston's penalty kill has been unbelievable. . .

med, call burroughs a chooch. . . :laugh:

Medford Bronco
06-08-2011, 11:32 PM
heh. . . looks like the ol' jinx bit luongo big time-- his head's in the tank. . .

boston's penalty kill has been unbelievable. . .

med, call burroughs a chooch. . . :laugh:

Burrows is a chooch just like Matt Cooke is. Two scumbags

WTE
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Bruins score 12 of the last 13 goals and go back to Vancouver with all the confidence in the world!

Man, I hope they can bring the Cup back to Boston. That's all I can think about.

Go B's!

Medford Bronco
06-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Bruins score 12 of the last 13 goals and go back to Vancouver with all the confidence in the world!

Man, I hope they can bring the Cup back to Boston. That's all I can think about.

Go B's!

I think as long as the Bruins keep up the physical play they have a great shot at it. We shall see. Vancouver is good and it wont be easy though. Go Bruins :salute:

dogfish
06-10-2011, 08:02 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8559/8780diving101.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/8780diving101.jpg/)

Medford Bronco
06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I have to give the Canucks credit. they wanted it more tonight.

I just hope the Bruins can win game 6 and force a game 7

pnbronco
06-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I have to give the Canucks credit. they wanted it more tonight.

I just hope the Bruins can win game 6 and force a game 7

I think they will Med. It just felt like this was going to 7 from the start. It's so strange that in Van the games have been decided by 1 point and in Boston they were blow outs. Look forward to the rest of the series.

MileHighCrew
06-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Such a close game last night, I love the win but Thomas is playing out of this world.

WTE
06-12-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm just glad they have a couple days off between games. My body can't take the stress.

The Canucks played much more physical in Game 5. Gotta give them credit. I have a feeling they won't have that same intensity in Boston.

Go Bruins!!!

Medford Bronco
06-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Did you hear Luongos quotes on the Lapierre goal. He said that he would have had it and it was an easy save if you do not leave the paint. What a moron. The guy who gave up 12 goals in 2 games in Boston criticizes the goalie who has given up 6 goals in 5 games.

Here is the Quote: Luongo watched it all from the other end of the ice.

and the article Bruins Defend Thomas after Luongo Swipe (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Agc_up_dxMKDeP6P5an1khh7vLYF?slug=ap-defendingthomas)

“It’s not hard (to stop) if you’re playing in the paint,” he said. “It’s an easy save for me, but if you’re wandering out, that’s going to happen.”

He should worry that he does not melt down again in Boston like Games 3 and 4. I just hope he sucks like he did in those games. Really, you are playing for the Cup, worry about yourself. Its not like he is Pat Roy, Marty Brodeur or Ken Dryden. He has won squat in his career and is known to melt under pressure.

pnbronco
06-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Man these guys really hate each other. I can not believe how different the games are in Boston VS Van....:eek:

Medford Bronco
06-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Man these guys really hate each other. I can not believe how different the games are in Boston VS Van....:eek:

He did Luongo leave the paint before getting pulled. What a moron he is. Hey Roberto if you spit it might hit you in the face.

WTE
06-14-2011, 07:23 AM
He did Luongo leave the paint before getting pulled. What a moron he is. Hey Roberto if you spit it might hit you in the face.

I love the way the Boston crowd kept chanting Luongo well after he was pulled.

Can't wait for Game 7!

Go Bruins!!

pnbronco
06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Game 7's are just the best..... Leaving to MN in a few and my goal is to be set up in time to enjoy the game......

bcbronc
06-15-2011, 01:00 AM
hey Med, go **** yourself. :laugh:

Bruins are a steaming pile of shit. What a friggin joke they are as a team...and their fans take the cake. Probably the worst group of fans I've had the displeasure of engaging with, in any sport.

GM7 and all I can say is Woooooooooooooo! it's going to be so sweet to throw it all back into the faces of all those piece of crap hypocrites that cheer for the "big, bad" Bruins. Doesn't matter that the league is bending over backwards to give the Bruins reach-arounds; doesn't matter that the blindly partisan media somehow misses it when Thomas dives, or Lucic punches a Sedin in the head 5 times; or when the league gives out a SCF record suspension on a late hit, but is fine with ramming a guy backwards into the wall and breaking his back and putting his career in jeopardy.

yup, if Lapierre dives it's a travesty against the game, but if Thomas dives he's just a competitor looking for an edge. or if Burrows nibbles a digit, he's a deviant that should burn in hell. Well, Bruin fans, what did you say when Savard chomped away?

Bruins got this far because good ole Collie Cambell wants his kid to win. Every fanbase that's played the Bruins in these playoffs has had to fight an uphill battle against the refs and this series has been no different. Boston's diving, cheap shotting, slashing, shots to the groin, blockers to the head, scrums after every whistle, bullshit style of hockey has worked for 15 wins (albeit against Habs and Philly teams seriously depleted by injuries, a TB team whose goaltending abandoned them). but no way that shit team gets win #16. No way the hockey gods lets a team and a fanbase with no honour or respect for the game hoist the Holy Grail.

nice try Bruins, but the light will prevail. Not even the NHL front office will be able to help you now.

Woooooooooooooooooooo Canucks in 7!!! **** the haters!!!!

WTE
06-15-2011, 05:58 AM
hey Med, go **** yourself. :laugh:

Bruins are a steaming pile of shit. What a friggin joke they are as a team...and their fans take the cake. Probably the worst group of fans I've had the displeasure of engaging with, in any sport.

GM7 and all I can say is Woooooooooooooo! it's going to be so sweet to throw it all back into the faces of all those piece of crap hypocrites that cheer for the "big, bad" Bruins. Doesn't matter that the league is bending over backwards to give the Bruins reach-arounds; doesn't matter that the blindly partisan media somehow misses it when Thomas dives, or Lucic punches a Sedin in the head 5 times; or when the league gives out a SCF record suspension on a late hit, but is fine with ramming a guy backwards into the wall and breaking his back and putting his career in jeopardy.

yup, if Lapierre dives it's a travesty against the game, but if Thomas dives he's just a competitor looking for an edge. or if Burrows nibbles a digit, he's a deviant that should burn in hell. Well, Bruin fans, what did you say when Savard chomped away?

Bruins got this far because good ole Collie Cambell wants his kid to win. Every fanbase that's played the Bruins in these playoffs has had to fight an uphill battle against the refs and this series has been no different. Boston's diving, cheap shotting, slashing, shots to the groin, blockers to the head, scrums after every whistle, bullshit style of hockey has worked for 15 wins (albeit against Habs and Philly teams seriously depleted by injuries, a TB team whose goaltending abandoned them). but no way that shit team gets win #16. No way the hockey gods lets a team and a fanbase with no honour or respect for the game hoist the Holy Grail.

nice try Bruins, but the light will prevail. Not even the NHL front office will be able to help you now.

Woooooooooooooooooooo Canucks in 7!!! **** the haters!!!!

What a typical whiney fan of the Vancouver CaPUNKS!

I'd like to know what games you're watching? Unlike the CaPUNKS, the Bruins don't dive, they don't embellish, they don't pretend they've been punched in the gut and they don't run away from a fight. They just play hockey the way it's meant to be played.

But it's so typical of a CaPUNKS fan to resort to the old conspiracy theory that the league wants Boston to win. Conspiracy theorists kill me every time.

BTW, it was little rookie Marchand who slapped around that Sissy Sedin five times, not Lucic.

Try opening your eyes and actually watch the game.

It will be such a pleasure watching the Bruins hoist the Cup on Canadian Soil tonight!!

Go Bruins!

HammeredOut
06-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Well my Crystal Ball revealed how this series was going to play out. If you read my post from earlier. You would have hit the 1st game Van win plus the under, and hit game 2 Vancouver win. If you followed the insurance bet on game 3 and 4, then you also made off like a highway bandit. Now, if you made the Boston in 7 ticket, then I would like a simple Thank You from all who made a little jingle in the pocket.

Nothing to bet on now. NHL is over, NBA is over, NFL is over. Well i guess there is always the CFL to bet on.. lol.. Well the MLB is always fun..

Remember folks, the more bets you make the more likely you will lose. More wins, on less bets is always the way to go. Its always better to go 8 for 8 during the week, as opposed to 70 bets and only winning 50 of them for the week.

underrated29
06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I HATE vancouver. But I do want to see Canada win a cup finally. I am not a big boston fan and I do not like Boston fans in general--bruins, pats etc.

However, I dont dislike Boston as much as I do Vancouver. Infact, it is not even close. Go Beantown Bruins!

WTE
06-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I HATE vancouver. But I do want to see Canada win a cup finally. I am not a big boston fan and I do not like Boston fans in general--bruins, pats etc.

However, I dont dislike Boston as much as I do Vancouver. Infact, it is not even close. Go Beantown Bruins!

Here's two reasons to hate Canucks fans

http://thesecretsofvancouver.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/greenman-vancouver-canucks1261548880.jpg

dogfish
06-15-2011, 04:18 PM

yea, wanting boston to win makes me feel frickin' dirty. . . i would root for any other canadian team against them-- but never the vile POS canucks organization. . .

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2666190&t=o (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/2666190/coward.html) GIFSoup (http://www.gifsoup.com/)

bcbronc
06-15-2011, 06:34 PM
You guys want vile pieces of shit, look no further than Bruins fan. Story going around after GM 3 or 4 about how fans at the Garden were pushing around an 8 year old kid cuz he was wearing Nucks gear. Then there's the Habs fan (again a kid) who got pissed on by a group of adult Bruin fans. Yup, vile pieces of shit all right.

Whatever, in Vancouver we've embraced the hate. Only thing better than the hate will be the haters' tears when its all done.

bcbronc
06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh and dog, I don't know what hockey team you cheer for, but I'm sure its not the Avs after what Claude Lemieux did to Kris Draper. Either way, time to let go of the Bertuzzi thing...Bert's been on two teams since then, Naslund has retired, Crawford has been fired by two teams, Burke is on his second team. Shit, we've even changed uniforms, renamed our arena and got a new owner. The past is the past my friend.

Want some hockey players that are easy to cheer for? Google Sedins and children's hospital.

Go Canucks Go! Its almost game time...I need to go put my rioting boots on!!!

Buff
06-15-2011, 08:38 PM
This is awesome. Eff you Vancouver. Eff you Canada. Eff you Todd Bertuzzi. Eff you Mark Crawford. (Yes, I know they're gone)

MOtorboat
06-15-2011, 08:59 PM
This is awesome. Eff you Vancouver. Eff you Canada. Eff you Todd Bertuzzi. Eff you Mark Crawford. (Yes, I know they're gone)

:pound:

pnbronco
06-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Well it looks like a win for boston super long day plus a preview callimg it a early tonight

Medford Bronco
06-15-2011, 09:39 PM
what an effort by Thomas and Bergeron and Marchand
. I have enjoyed this playoff almost as much as 06. I respect only Kessler and Mason Raymond the rest of the team can go screw and remember Luongo dont leave the paint. :lol:

dogfish
06-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Oh and dog, I don't know what hockey team you cheer for, but I'm sure its not the Avs after what Claude Lemieux did to Kris Draper. Either way, time to let go of the Bertuzzi thing...Bert's been on two teams since then, Naslund has retired, Crawford has been fired by two teams, Burke is on his second team. Shit, we've even changed uniforms, renamed our arena and got a new owner. The past is the past my friend.

Want some hockey players that are easy to cheer for? Google Sedins and children's hospital.

Go Canucks Go! Its almost game time...I need to go put my rioting boots on!!!

BC, you know i love ya, man. . . but i'll never love the canucks. . . you're a sports fan, you shouldn't expect my memory to be that short. . . i do understand that both teams are different now, but that bad taste just lingers-- particularly when i see their players doing things like biting and headhunting, which i find very distasteful. . . and yes, i do think they embellish beyond what the average team does. . . besides, the bertuzzi incident wasn't anything even resembling a hockey play-- the rome hit was a lovetap in comparison. . . most vicious, cowardly thing i've ever witnessed in sports-- even more malicious and disgusting than tyson's ear bite. . .

and FTR, i moved to colorado in '97, and didn't follow the NHL the first year or two, so the lemeiux hit was before my time. . . i certainly don't celebrate it, and would condemn it if it happened today. . . but i won't change allegiance over it, just as i don't expect you to over bertuzzi. . . not ready to let it go, though. . . in a sports world where i only loosely form any type of allegiance beyond my own favorite teams, vancouver is pretty much just automatically disqualified with the foreseeable future at the very least. . .

and i'm sure the sedins may be perfectly decent people off the ice, as have been many avs players over the years (ask PN)-- but i could never root for a guy that'll just stand there and let himself get punched in the face repeatedly without raising a hand to defend himself. . . that was embarrassing-- can anyone imagine a player like sakic or yzerman taking that shit?

sorry meng, we'll just have to disagree on this front. . . i do hope you at least had some good brews to cushion the blow-- and that your car wasn't one of the ones on fire. . . :D

BigDaddyBronco
06-16-2011, 07:23 AM
I see that there were riots in Vancouver last night. Stay classy Canada.

HammeredOut
06-16-2011, 08:41 AM
great game lastnight. if you guys made the Boston bet, then 10% off the top would be nice... lol.. made 12g's lastnight. total of the series amounted to 32gs. Time to take a vacation boys, we will get back to betting in a few months.

Buff
06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
great game lastnight. if you guys made the Boston bet, then 10% off the top would be nice... lol.. made 12g's lastnight. total of the series amounted to 32gs. Time to take a vacation boys, we will get back to betting in a few months.

You're not looking for a best friend, by chance, are you?

Lonestar
06-16-2011, 09:38 AM
I think I'd like Boston to win it all.

underrated29
06-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I think I'd like Boston to win it all.

LMAO!

You seriously crack me up. All the time.

WTE
06-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I thought the Vancouver fans were classy after the game acknowledging the Bruins victory and giving props to Thomas and Lucic (the local kid)

However, they quickly lost my respect again when I heard about the rioting. I heard a group of 15 fans gang tackled a B's fan and was repeatedly kicking and punching him. Disgraceful!

BTW, I was at Sports Authority this morning getting my Championship shirts and the line was more than 100 deep for the locker room hats. It's great to see such huge support for hockey!!

The Cup is Back in Boston!!

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1473/47387040.jpg

Lonestar
06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
LMAO!

You seriously crack me up. All the time.

Glad I can be of service. Actually had I not seen wabc7 news lat night and their segment on Boston being a hot city for sports winners I would have not known.

Hockey is like soccer boring as hell and triong to understand the rules beyond what I want to learn.

I actually went to alot of the team we had to have in DEN that went to NJ. My neighbor was the scorekeeper for them so he got me in. But I'd never pay to watch a game.

Ravage!!!
06-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Holy Crap, are these playoffs/finals STILL going on??

underrated29
06-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Glad I can be of service. Actually had I not seen wabc7 news lat night and their segment on Boston being a hot city for sports winners I would have not known.

Hockey is like soccer boring as hell and triong to understand the rules beyond what I want to learn.

I actually went to alot of the team we had to have in DEN that went to NJ. My neighbor was the scorekeeper for them so he got me in. But I'd never pay to watch a game.

The rules are pretty simple. You cant go into the other teams zone (where their goalie is) before the puck..and that line is the blue line.

You cant ice the puck or the faceoff is in your own end. you have to be across the center line to not get an icing..The big red line.

Scoring is when the puck goes into a goalies net. Hitting is legal if a player has the puck or just touched it. All other forms of hitting are penalties.

Only 6 guys max on the ice per team at a time (including goalie)

When a penalty occurs, the player sits in the time out box and the team skates with one less player.

There ya go. PRetty much all the rules you need to know.

And you would be speaking of the NJ devils- formerly the Colorado Rockies.

Holy Crap, are these playoffs/finals STILL going on??

They just ended last night. Boston beat Vancouver for the stanely cup in the final game, game 7. Was a good series.

Broncospsycho77
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM

Hey.

Let's not bring soccer into this.

MileHighCrew
06-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Sad day for me but congrats to Boston and thomas

Buff
06-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Sad day for me but congrats to Boston and thomas

Not as sad as the day you became a Canucks fan. :elefant:

WTE
06-17-2011, 06:21 AM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5064/toeg.jpg