PDA

View Full Version : #52 Adam Foote... Any Final Comments???

vettesplus
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
thought i would start a thread to hear from all the footer fans and what you all have to say about the footer... he had a great career and will be missed on and off the ice. have a great life after hockey footer..:beer:

SR
04-10-2011, 06:36 PM
He was one of my favorite hockey players ever. I loved the way he played defense. He played like he was pissed off at everyone on the other team and I loved it. In highschool, I wanted to play just like that. He was one of the best pure defensemen I've ever got to watch and he will be missed. I was so, so, so happy to see Jones bury that puck to get the W for Adam. I'll miss Adam Foote more than I miss Foppa or Sakic. I got a little teary eyed during all of the stuff at the end of the game.

Thanks Footer for all of the memories and all of the years of great hockey.

MileHighCrew
04-10-2011, 06:45 PM
As a Canucks fan, I am so glad to see him go. The man was great and a total pain for my 'nucks.
Hats off to a true champion.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
For those who missed the after the game stuff, and much more on Adam, can see it here:

http://avalanche.nhl.com/

SR
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Foote's last shift was epic. One of my favorite Adam Foote moments.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
After the final game of his 19-season NHL career, Avalanche captain Adam Foote revealed that what the team had been vaguely describing as a leg injury was, in fact, a fractured ankle. So that made it all the more remarkable that Foote, who hadn't played since March 16, not only was able to suit up against Edmonton on Sunday but log 15:21 of ice time in Colorado's 4-3 overtime victory.

"It was a fractured ankle, and the good thing was we had 3 1/2 weeks of healing," Foote said. "Any guy in here would have done the same thing. It hurt at times, but when the adrenaline gets going. . . . It was fun. I was so glad I got to play one more."

Foote took one overtime shift and was on the bench when David Jones ended the game with a 4-on-3 power-play goal at 3:57 of overtime, and Avalanche coach Joe Sacco had told Foote on the bench that he was next up. But as it turned out, Foote's final career shift ended at 2:50 of overtime.

"I just had no gas left, and I'm just glad the boys put it home," Foote said.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_17816332

pnbronco
04-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Adam is one of those just down to earth great guys that always gave everything he had. The man had a heart of gold too.

Several years ago Karl Mecklenburg started a Foundation in Denver and began the Reading Program in the Elem Denver Public Schools. The guy that was running the Foundation up and quite 10 weeks before we wrapped up the first year of the program and left us in the red.

I had a idea to have a Dinner/Fund Raiser so we could pay for the Awards Banquet. I went to Joe Sakic and Adam Foote and asked if they could please donate something for a Silent Auction. They both gave me a game used stick. The sticks went a long way in helping us raise the money we needed. I will have a soft spot in my heart for both of those men the rest of my life.

LordTrychon
04-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Man... I wish I had more to say, to be honest.

I follow the Avs in a passing manner... sometimes more than others...

But I've always loved Adam Foote. :salute: