PDA

View Full Version : The Cost of Trading Up

LTC Pain
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Bill Williamson (ESPN) had this in his AFC West Blog today. I found it interesting to see what (estimated) picks the Broncos would have to put together to move up in the draft. Lots of scenarios and what ifs but at least it gives us an idea of the cost to moving up in the draft. Unlikely I think given that the Broncos are short picks in this draft anyway. But you never know, especially if the Panthers take Dareus.

Denver - The Broncos, who have the No. 2 pick, could move in the No. 16-17 range if they want to package their two-second round picks, No. 36 and No. 46. Denver could get in the No. 21-22 range if it wants to send No. 36 and No. 67. The Broncos have some power.

Elevation inc
04-09-2011, 10:38 AM
doubt the broncos move up if anything we would like to get back to 10-13 range and add some picks.....very possible to. every year articles come out about how hard it is to trade up and back yet we see at least 5 or 6 moves in the first rd alone almost every draft...

personally i kinda hope we trade from 2 to 7 score some extra picks and then just take fairley, if that isnt a option trade to 13 and select liuget.....

Lonestar
04-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Who would BW there that we would need at 16 that most likely would not be an almost the same impact guy as 2 number 2s would be. wee did not always have an instantaneous starter when we were picking under 20'anyway

Just do not see the issue, if anything I'd like to see them move back from 2 if possible And gather some extra 2 and 3s.

If someone has a can't miss starterat 16 ish that I do nit know about raise your hand.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
04-09-2011, 11:24 AM
doubt the broncos move up if anything we would like to get back to 10-13 range and add some picks.....very possible to. every year articles come out about how hard it is to trade up and back yet we see at least 5 or 6 moves in teh first rd alone almost every draft...

personally i kinda hope we tarde from 2 to seven score some extra picks and then just take fairley, if that isnt a option trade to 13 and select liuget.....
Amazing post considering it looks like mine.

Had I seen it would nit have made mine.

WARHORSE
04-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Well I guess its a fact in accordance with the trade value chart that we have that possibility should that be the Broncos desire and they find a trade partner.

However, Denver is not going to trade back into the first round for anyone.

Its all going to be about that number 2 pick.

IF we pick at 2 I believe it will be Fairley or Miller.

Imagine this...........we get Fairley at #2 and M. Austin in round 2........and then give a 7th rounder next year to Washington for Haynesworthless.

Haynesworth with have all his money already, so we wouldnt have to pay much. I cant stand the guy myself, but if he comes here really happy to be out of Washington and ready to play, he could do some damage for awhile.

If not.......theres my man in Carolina lookin for a contract once FAgency hits.......Charles Johnson. An up and comer, coming into his prime.

Yeah baby!

:coffee:

nevcraw
04-09-2011, 06:19 PM
don't see them taking fairly at 2.. too many questions. there are 3 clean players at that spot Dareus, Peterson or miller. it will be one of those 3 more than likely unless they trade back and then i could them taking fairly -- but Elway has said over and over they cannot miss. and Fairly is considered out loud as boom or bust - that is not can't miss.

BeefStew25
04-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Amazing post considering it looks like mine.

Had I seen it would nit have made mine.

I wish you would have nit made yours.

rcsodak
04-10-2011, 08:36 AM
don't see them taking fairly at 2.. too many questions. there are 3 clean players at that spot Dareus, Peterson or miller. it will be one of those 3 more than likely unless they trade back and then i could them taking fairly -- but Elway has said over and over they cannot miss. and Fairly is considered out loud as boom or bust - that is not can't miss.
But there's also history of players that, when going lower than they feel they should have, have monster careers.

Fairley could easily play like a 500lb gorilla with a chainsaw for a dick.

Elevation inc
04-10-2011, 11:01 AM
But there's also history of players that, when going loser than they feel they should have, have monster careers.

cool lets get him at 7 then after trading with SF and get the extra 2011 2nd rd pick and 2012 2nd rd pick. heck we could even then trade 1 of our second rd picks for 2 3rd rd picks.....giving us 6 picks in the first 3 rds.....that woudl take care of some holes for sure.....and we would still ge ta beast like fairley at 7

rcsodak
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
cool lets get him at 7 then after trading with SF and get the extra 2011 2nd rd pick and 2012 2nd rd pick. heck we could even then trade 1 of our second rd picks for 2 3rd rd picks.....giving us 6 picks in the first 3 rds.....that woudl take care of some holes for sure.....and we would still ge ta beast like fairley at 7

Is gabbert worth that? How do the points workout for that?

rcsodak
04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
I just hope they don't ransom next yrs draft(if there is one) to just add picks this yr.

nevcraw
04-10-2011, 11:28 AM
But there's also history of players that, when going lower than they feel they should have, have monster careers.

sure are --but that was not even close to the point. Is Elway going to risk the highest pick in the team's history (thanks Mcd) on a boom or bust guy with character flags? If you believe his quoted statements -- i don't think so, when there are 3 "clean" players he could take instead..

rcsodak
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
sure are --but that was not even close to the point. Is Elway going to risk the highest pick in the team's history (thanks Mcd) on a boom or bust guy with character flags? If you believe his quoted statements -- i don't think so, when there are 3 "clean" players he could take instead..
So if Car takes MD, and nobody will deal, you actually believe he'll take a 34 OLB or a press cb or a DE with knee concerns over the 2nd highest DT?
I just disagree.