PDA

View Full Version : How Tebow stacks up against 2011 class

nevcraw
04-08-2011, 03:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/26064/how-tim-tebow-stacks-up-against-2011-qb-class

The Tim Tebow debate rages on one year after he was the most dissected prospect in the 2010 NFL draft.

Last year, the Denver Broncos shocked the NFL by taking Tebow with the No. 25 overall pick. Now, it is the Broncos who are considering Tebow’s future.

The Broncos are working out or visiting with several of the top quarterback prospects in the draft. Legendary Denver quarterback and new Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway has said Denver’s interest in quarterbacks is not a smokescreen to confuse other teams. Yet Elway also said the team’s interest in quarterbacks doesn’t mean the team is not sold on Tebow. Elway insists the Broncos simply don’t want to bypass a franchise quarterback if he’s available.

read the rest..

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/26064/how-tim-tebow-stacks-up-against-2011-qb-class

Nomad
04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
meh....I see no QB in this draft class worth not fixing the defense in RDs 1-3!!

gobroncsnv
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
right on... defensive personnel has been this team's biggest problem since around 2000... Not many teams hold up well without a good front 4 (or 3...) So I'm thinking it's finally time to try that... we have seen that ignoring it doesn't work.

Nomad
04-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I realize these guys have one more season of college football to go through, and other than Luck which Elway would have to sell the farm or BRONCOS would have to tank the season, here are the prospects for the 2012 class! Perhaps, I would compare these guys to the 2011 class!

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2011/03/24/looking-ahead-to-the-2012-qb-draft-class/

Dirk
04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I realize these guys have one more season of college football to go through, and other than Luck which Elway would have to sell the farm or BRONCOS would have to tank the season, here are the prospects for the 2012 class! Perhaps, I would compare these guys to the 2011 class!

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2011/03/24/looking-ahead-to-the-2012-qb-draft-class/

Good post Nomad.

I would go total defense this year and wait for the next draft class. I wouldn't go for any QB in this year's class. Go with Tebow and see what you have and then if he isn't worth sticking with, sell the farm for Luck IMO.

LTC Pain
04-09-2011, 09:16 AM
meh....I see no QB in this draft class worth not fixing the defense in RDs 1-3!!

Word! :salute:

Nomad
04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
If the Panthers do take Dareus, I hope Johnny Boy isn't as gushy over Newton as Gruden is!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/09/jon-gruden-gushes-about-cam-newton/

Ravage!!!
04-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Gruden was all gushy about Tebow, too. Gruden is just nice about everyone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Gruden was all gushy about Tebow, too. Gruden is just nice about everyone.

I don't think he gushed about McCoy too much. :laugh:

Nomad
04-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Compared to the 2011 class, Tebow is the only one to have his own statue of himself at his university!:D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/09/tim-tebow-gets-his-own-statue/

Elevation inc
04-10-2011, 11:07 AM
well tebow has more NFL experienec than the 2011 class and he has more wins, losses, and Td's scored so im not really worried since the entire 2011 class at this point is still raw and unknow where as tebow has shown flashes of what you wanna see from a supposed franchise Qb......me im behind tebow fully, he gets players wanting to play for him and he knows how to make plays when needed most.....a year or 2 and his passing will be right where it needs to if they just give him his shot....

Agent of Orange
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
You can look at how a guy throws when there's no one around or when he's going against competition where the speed of the game is a lot slower than what you see in the NFL. The speed of the game often makes a huge difference. Just because someone is a better thrower of the football, that doesnt mean he can do it when its live bullets at NFL speed. The speed of the NFL game exposes a lot of frauds. We've never seen Tebow completely overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL game. The closest thing to it was the SD game and even in that game he wasnt THAT bad. He was never really overwhelmed like what you saw with Clausen or other rookies. I dont really see anyone in this draft (or most drafts) who you can look at and say, with certainty, that he's an upgrade.

rcsodak
04-10-2011, 12:06 PM
You can look at how a guy throws when there's no one around or when he's going against competition where the speed of the game is a lot slower than what you see in the NFL. The speed of the game often makes a huge difference. Just because someone is a better thrower of the football, that doesnt mean he can do it when its live bullets at NFL speed. The speed of the NFL game exposes a lot of frauds. We've never seen Tebow completely overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL game. The closest thing to it was the SD game and even in that game he wasnt THAT bad. He was never really overwhelmed like what you saw with Clausen or other rookies. I dont really see anyone in this draft (or most drafts) who you can look at and say, with certainty, that he's an upgrade.

Haven't heard from anybody on sirius nfl who thinks TT is equal to CN.
CN is faster, a better pocket passer, a better athlete, and has a 'livelier' arm.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Agent of Orange
04-10-2011, 12:09 PM
CN is faster, a better pocket passer, a better athlete, and has a 'livelier' arm.

Thats great. Everyone has been watching Cam Newton against 85 mph pitching. You wont know what Newton really is until he steps in against 95 mph pitching. We've already seen Tebow get around on 95 mph pitching.

rcsodak
04-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Thats great. Everyone has been watching Cam Newton against 85 mph pitching. You wont know what Newton really is until he steps in against 95 mph pitching. We've already seen Tebow get around on 95 mph pitching.
Can't argue.
They do say TT has the 'just win, baby' attitude, and may just be the ugliest at it, as well.
Personally, I see him as another VY/JR, with nothing to go by but gut feeling.

broncobryce
04-10-2011, 02:27 PM

I don't know, Adam Schein said he believes Tebow will lead a team 'on a superbowl run'. That's a pretty good endorsement.

And of course they've all said Tebow has much better intangibles. Really the only one on sirius who is hating on Tebow that I've heard is Jim Miller, and that's because he is Orton's butt buddy.

broncobryce
04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Also I believe it was Pat Kirwan who said if you look at the combine numbers for both, Tebow is more 'explosive'. As far a the short shuttle and such.

MNPatsFan
04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I haven't followed Tim T. very closely, but it was my opinion last year during the draft that he could turn out to be a very good QB over the course of three or four seasons if he was properly taught, mentored and slowly brought along.

Therefore, I think how well Tebow does is highly dependent upon how the Broncos present coaching staff and administration works with him and brings him along because every thing I have heard and read is that Tebow is a very good student and extremely hard worker.

As to how Tebow stacks up with this years QB class, I haven't really done any research on the QBs in this year's draft. However, of the generally identified top three QBs (Newton, Gabbert, and Locker), I would take Tebow and his year of NFL experience over them, but that is just my :2cents: