PDA

View Full Version : I can't WAIT for this game. Can you?

RunYouOver
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm sure some will quickly answer with "Yes", and "We might get killed, why be excited?" but I am.

Are we really that bad? Absolutely not, we're 2-1, and yes we could be 0-3, but we happen to be 2-1. In each of those games, had little things not gone the other way, we could've easily won by a lot.

Our defense hasn't played nearly as bad as it seems, and our offense has moved the ball well, just failed to score.

One of these weeks, it'll all click.

Even if it isn't this week though, Indy is almost definitely a playoff team, and we'll see how we match up on the road against a playoff team.

We're back where it seems like we are every year.

NO ONE expects us to win, so we have nothing to lose. If we win, we shock everyone and gain a lot of respect. If we lose, we lose on the road to the Colts.

If it all clicks though, we DO match up well against them...So I can't wait to prove all those football "experts" wrong.

shank
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
i agree with all of that^ and i too, can't wait for this game.

i am worried about peyton making our defense look a little foolish (not so much our secondary, but our lbs and tackles) but i think we will be able to finally get some pressure on peytato head and hopefully put him on his back with some consistency.

like you said, our offense will get it all together at some point and start putting it in the endzone. we had a lot of things not go our way in the first 3 weeks, and i think if a few do go our way early in this one, that we could very well win it.

Uncle Buck
09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm sure some will quickly answer with "Yes", and "We might get killed, why be excited?" but I am.

Are we really that bad? Absolutely not, we're 2-1, and yes we could be 0-3, but we happen to be 2-1. In each of those games, had little things not gone the other way, we could've easily won by a lot.

Our defense hasn't played nearly as bad as it seems, and our offense has moved the ball well, just failed to score.

One of these weeks, it'll all click.

Even if it isn't this week though, Indy is almost definitely a playoff team, and we'll see how we match up on the road against a playoff team.

We're back where it seems like we are every year.

NO ONE expects us to win, so we have nothing to lose. If we win, we shock everyone and gain a lot of respect. If we lose, we lose on the road to the Colts.

If it all clicks though, we DO match up well against them...So I can't wait to prove all those football "experts" wrong.

Promises to be a *very* exciting game indeed--I can't wait either!

They have the best QB in the league right now, and you would expect a lot of tosses from the Maestro. I'm anxious to see how effective Champ and Dre will be against their passing game.

This match could be closer than most pundits think. If we lose by a TD or a FG, I’ll consider it a “victory!” (Look out, San Diego!!)

uncle buck:elefant:

Tned
09-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm excited and apprehesive at the same time. I 'think' there is a chance we can fair very well, so I am very interested to see if the Broncos can hang with the Colts.

In-com-plete
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM
I can't wait...cause I'll be there.

But I'm also dreading it as I feel there's practically no way in hell we're gonna win.

:sad:

omac
09-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm excited! There are 2 opposing movies going on in my head for both offense and defense. This team has the offense to match the Colts, but also the inconsistency of a new team prone to mistakes. The defense is so much better with the pass rush, but will they be able to read the unfolding offensive plays properly, so they don't get burned while overpursuing?

Our new running back, Travis Henry, is exactly the kind of back that can take advantage of their speedy defenders, not trying to make them miss like what Reggie Bush attempted, but plowing through them and getting extra yards after the initial contact.

Also, the Colts' cornerbacks aren't the upper echelon in the league, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them get burned by Walker, Marshall, or Stokley.

Ofcourse, it could all go terribly, terribly wrong. :D

dogfish
09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
i'm always excited for football sunday, and this will be no exception. . . still, i'm anticipating this game less than i usually do, because quite honestly i think we're going to get our butts kicked. . . ah well, any given sunday and all that, and i always keep hoping until that last whistle blows. . .

TXBRONC
09-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I always look forward to the next game. That's one of the reasons I'm a fan.

BroncoWave
09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, although I think we're going to get slaughtered, I'm still very excited about the game. I always get a little extra excitement on Colt week. It would be amazing if we could stun the world on Sunday!

TXBRONC
09-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm looking forward to it. Rough or not its been fun to watch Cutler grow as a quarterback.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 11:48 AM
I can't wait...cause I'll be there.

But I'm also dreading it as I feel there's practically no way in hell we're gonna win.

:sad:

Can not agree with you more.

I will be SHOCKED if we win, given that the state of our run defense is atrotious and Manning usually lights us up.

I think we can score some points but do not feel very confident.

This is the same way I felt last year when we went to SD and we got smoked. I feel the same way. and please do not say I am not a true fan.
I love this team but am being realistic at the same time. Indy is far superior to the Jags and the Jags made us look like crap with their gound dame :tsk:

we need to play like we did in 03 when we controlled the clock and had only one early turnover. like the Jags last week, do what they did to us.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm excited.

Mike
09-28-2007, 02:59 PM
For the first time in a LONG time I am going into the weekend expecting the Broncos to lose. It is a weird feeling.

Excitement, but no expectation of winning. Just weird. :shots:

OB
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Im ascared - someone hold me :hug:

SmithOverTO
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
It'll be a fun game, thats for sure, but it will definetly be the second most important sporting event for my weekend ;)

dogfish
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM

:wave:

:hug:

Medford Bronco
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
It'll be a fun game, thats for sure, but it will definetly be the second most important sporting event for my weekend ;)

you mean that Australian Rules football will rule :laugh:

I know Go Rox go read my playoff tie thread if you like

SmithOverTO
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
you mean that Australian Rules football will rule :laugh:

I know Go Rox go read my playoff tie thread if you like

You know me too well, Med :laugh:

And i certainly will :salute:

Calif. Bronco
09-28-2007, 10:03 PM
This is the same way I felt last year when we went to SD and we got smoked.

Well... I went to that game and I'm flying out tomorrow to go to this game. Hmmmmm... maybe we should talk before I buy tickets and plan my road trips, huh Med? :ahhhhh:

Oh, and for the record, although I am sure Ms. Calif. Girlfriend and I are going to have a wonderful time this weekend, I feel exactly the same way (and felt it driving down to San Diego last December too :eek:)

Chica_Ang
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM

i will sit with you and we can lose our voices together!!!

Reidman
09-29-2007, 03:23 AM
I always get excited for the rematch against Indy and then I always end up heart broken at the end....

I hope I don't have to endure that again this year...

But yeah, I get excited for every Bronco game regardless of what I think the outcome will be. Even if they lose though, I just want a good game and a good effort and not a typical Manning blowout, then I'll be ok...

Tned
09-29-2007, 08:22 AM
I always get excited for the rematch against Indy and then I always end up heart broken at the end....

Yea, that sums is up pretty well. lol

BroncoWave
09-29-2007, 10:58 AM
For probably the first time in my life, I'm more excited for a college game than I am a pro game for the weekend. Mississippi State vs. South Carolina! GO DAWGS!!! Pull that upset!

TXBRONC
09-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I don't know guys you just never know. I'm not delusional, about this game but I'm not going give up hope before the game has even started.

In-com-plete
09-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't know guys you just never know. I'm not delusional, about this game but I'm not going give up hope before the game has even started.

Oh I got hope.

I hope Mannings morning grapefruit squirts him in the eyes and he goes blind for 12-14 hours.