PDA

View Full Version : Darrent Williams SI article

Superchop 7
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
A quote from the SI article;

"Miraculously, only 3 of the 17 passengers were hit, and each was hit just once. One scholar (BAND NAME) took a round to the buttocks, and a young woman suffered a shallow head wound that might have been fatal had she not leaned forward to answer her ringing cellphone. Darrent Williams got no such phone call, although for weeks thereafter his high school sweetheart regularly dialed his number just to hear the recorded sound of his voice. At the funeral their seven year old son asked if daddy had his cellphone in the coffin."

rationalfan
04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
wow. very good story. reminds me that the downfall of the broncos started that night.

here's a link to the entire piece.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1184186/1/index.htm

Dzone
04-08-2011, 01:46 PM
there were 17 people in that hummer? wow. sad.

BroncoNut
04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
DZone, I don't see how that is sad. Seems pretty lucky in a lot of ways to me.

KCL
04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
there were 17 people in that hummer? wow. sad.

It was a limo.

Superchop 7
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I wish Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall would have interviewed......for their own well being......I know they would lose it......but......letting it out is better than acting out. In that respect....I will always be concerned for them.

Slick
04-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Just read that article today.

Sad.

That whole night just doesn't make sense to me. Must be a black thing.

Juriga72
04-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Just read that article today.

Sad.

That whole night just doesn't make sense to me. Must be a black thing.

Getting shot is a "Black thing"? How about that road rage thing out by DIA.... since THAT was two white guy's is THAT a "White thing" then?

Or when that off duty cop got killed by the illegal mexican... is THAT a "Illegal Mexican thing"?

please explain whats a "Black thing"? Because I know each and every high school shooting is a "Stupid white kid thing"...right?

Dzone
04-16-2011, 10:58 AM
I meant to say the whole situation was sad, not that it was sad that there was 17 people in the hummer Limo. I think there were 15 shots fired. Yes, its a miracle that more people werent killed.

Slick
04-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Getting shot is a "Black thing"? How about that road rage thing out by DIA.... since THAT was two white guy's is THAT a "White thing" then?

Or when that off duty cop got killed by the illegal mexican... is THAT a "Illegal Mexican thing"?

please explain whats a "Black thing"? Because I know each and every high school shooting is a "Stupid white kid thing"...right?

Calm down man. I said that night. That incident. Spraying champagne on people? For what purpose? $50,000 necklaces, tre tre crips...etc.

claymore
04-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Calm down man. I said that night. That incident. Spraying champagne on people? For what purpose? $50,000 necklaces, tre tre crips...etc.

Slicks got a point. White people only spray each other with beer, and have cheap necklaces.

Superchop 7
04-16-2011, 12:18 PM
While African Americans comprise 13.5% of the U.S. Population, 43% of all murder victims in 2007 were African American.

Source: Black on Black crime coalition

Do me a favor......don't tell me there "isn't" a problem.

When the murder rate is 13.5%.......you will have a valid point.

The person with common sense that night was Javon Walker.

Nomad
04-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Why are people so enamored about Darrent Williams!!

Superchop 7
04-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Because he was a Bronco......

And around here.....that still means something.

Nomad
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Because he was a Bronco......

And around here.....that still means something.

Spare me this jibberish!

I guess since you're the patron saint of BRONCO Nation, I expect remembrance threads of Damien Nash (Feb 27) and other BRONCOS that have died! Or does one have to get shot around a bunch of thug wannabes to get their recognition! Again, I just don't see what made DW so great to get the recognition he does!

Slick
04-16-2011, 02:28 PM
The thread is about an SI article that came out last week Nomad.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Spare me this jibberish!

I guess since you're the patron saint of BRONCO Nation, I expect remembrance threads of Damien Nash (Feb 27) and other BRONCOS that have died! Or does one have to get shot around a bunch of thug wannabes to get their recognition! Again, I just don't see what made DW so great to get the recognition he does!

You sho do like you some exclamation points, bro...

claymore
04-17-2011, 03:38 AM
Spare me this jibberish!

I agree a 110% Damien Nash's death was an actual tragedy. Dies of an undiagnosed heart condition at a charity event.